Reincarnation Films

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Graham76man, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Graham76man

Graham76man Senior Member

I thought it might be interesting to start a thread about feature films that have the theme of reincarnation.
    Please feel free to add more.

Film number one and one of the best is DEAD AGAIN
    103mins 1991 Paramount Pictures.
    Available on DVD.

Plot:
    A young woman has lost her memory and private investigator sets out to find out who she is. But a trip to a hypnotherapist reveals that she has a past life connected to a classical music composer.

Stars Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson and Derek Jacobi, with Robin Williams and Andy Garcia.

2 ON A CLEAR DAY YOU SEE FOREVER
    124 mins 1970 Paramount Pictures
    Available on DVD

Plot
    Daisy Gamble is hypnotised accidental by a university professor. She seeks him out to cure her smoking problem. But he discovers her past life as "Melinda" which he keeps secret from her. He falls in love with this past life woman, but regards Daisy as a stupid girl. Trying to get his students exploring the idea of reincarnation, it all comes out and the media have a field day. With calls from the university body to stop the work. Daisy also finds out who she was!

Stars Barbra Streisand, Yves Montand.

A musical based on a Broadway production. Features the song "Love With All The Trimmings" argued by Streisand Fans as the best song she ever has done.

Please add more if you know of any.

2. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

There was a TV movie called ‘Yesterday’s Children’ that I watched a few years ago. It stars Jane Seymour and has that LMN-vibe...however I actually liked it.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0264192/

Then there’s the comedy ‘Defending Your Life’ with Albert Brooks, who is in between lives and sort of ‘on trial’ to see if he goes on or is reincarnated. There is a hilarious scene where he and Meryl Streep go to a place called The Past Lives Pavilion, where they can see what they’re past lives were! There is a cameo appearance by Shirley MacLaine—this scene cracks me up every time I watch it!

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0101698/

3. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

4. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Audrey Rose - 1977 - Plot is about a young girl who is believed by a man to be a reincarnation of his dead daughter. (its a horror film)
    Little Buddah - 1993 - Plot is about a boy who is thought to be the reincarnation of great Buddhist teacher, Lama Dorie.

5. soulmemory

soulmemory New Member

Café de Flore (2011) - "Healing a broken heart isn't easy. Sometimes it takes a lifetime...or two. Cafe de Flore is a love story about people separated by time and place but connected in profound and mysterious ways. Atmospheric, fantastical, tragic and hopeful, the film chronicles the parallel fates of Jacqueline, a young mother with a disabled son in 1960s Paris, and Antoine, a recently-divorced, successful DJ in present day Montreal. What binds the two stories together is love - euphoric, obsessive, tragic, youthful, timeless love." https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1550312/

It's such a beautiful and tragic film, I cried so much over it.

6. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

7. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

8. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

My Mom loves The Fountain, for my personal taste it is a bit too kitschy, though.