Reincarnation Repression and Interpretation

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by Nikki B, May 18, 2018.

1. Nikki B

Nikki B New Member

Hello! I am brand new to the forum. I am a strong believer in reincarnation. I have been on several mental health drugs for about 12 years.....and I have decided to come off of them, as I don't really think I ever needed them. My ex keep me in "control" with them because he could not handle my passions or my ability to access the unknown. Anyway, I am free of the meds at this point and still having some medical problems; but my spirit is flying like an eagle! I am having sooo many dreams, connections, spiritual enlightenments, and the like. I know that I have been here many times before and I have always know that, but I think because I have been blocked for so long that I am experiencing an excess of these things possibly? or i am just more advanced and open at this time in my life. I am seeing a Shamanic healer next month and I am hoping she can assist me in my journey, but I am looking for resources or exercises that may bring forth memories, etc. I have some really strong historical connections as well as some intense moments of deja vu but where I actually feel temporarily transported. I have a SUPER strong obsession with Old Hollywood and can not shake the idea that I was part of that era in some fashion. I went to see Lincolns funeral carriage (a recreation) in Springfield, IL and I was literally taken away.....I actually envisioned the procession itself. It shook me up quite a bit. I lived there for a short time and I am not sure how to explain it, but every time a train whistle would blow I was immediately taken to another time....and it doesn't happen to me anywhere else. I am also very drawn to Europe, so much so that I am considering relocating there! Anyway, I could go on and on; but hoping for some opinions and expert advise. I think it is an important part of my journey in 2018. Thank you for reading my post and I am looking forward to reading your responses and advise! Nikki

fireflydancing likes this.
  2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Nikki,

I read your post, and was delighted by your upbeat attitude. However, the first thing that came to mind in terms of advice was: stay grounded. Ancient shamans (and even those in the modern era) are generally immersed in the ancient ways of their people. Their lives are generally lived very close to the earth as part of hunter-gatherer and farming-herding types of societies. People in these cultures had to be very aware and attuned to the weather, seasons and necessities of life. They generally are responsible for getting their own food from the land, making their own clothing, and providing their own shelter. All very close to the earth and nature.

A life of this type is very different from what we live in our modern Western societies. We live in insulated cocoons for the most part, imbibing our foods, entertainment, information, and environments from artificial sources. I'm not trying to make some kind of general complaint about modern life here, I just think that it is a good idea to maintain solid contact with this world, and especially nature, in order to maintain balance when the strong wind of spirit is blowing. A kite can only fly high because someone is holding the other end of its string with feet planted firmly on the ground. If you let go of the string it will be carried away to be tangled in a tree or plummet to the ground.

So, my suggestions would be to find your own way of staying "grounded". I think getting your hands in the soil and gardening can't be beat, but I can think of others: mixing, kneading and baking your own bread, sewing clothes, making furniture, etc. All are very much involved with working with your own hands on simple and practical things. Anyhow, that is my suggestion.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Another "grounding" idea would be to get in touch with the less fortunate by helping at a food bank or soup kitchen, etc. Shamans were always down with the people, helping them with their daily needs and hurts. Their spirits might soar, but they were involved in very practical assistance to those around them.

PPS--Books to read--Any by Dr. Weiss and Carol Bowman. I also like Michael Newton, but sometimes wonder if he goes too far with his data.

3. Nikki B

Nikki B New Member

Well, I have spent the last 12 years with my hands in the soil and doing charity work.....while I don’t object to continuing such things, this is certainly not what I want to be doing. I am kind of over being “grounded”. It’s not me. I enjoy gardening and regularly volunteer at various organizations. I need to reach a higher place, I’m not satisfied with those things....