• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Reject "destined" profession due to past life's experiences?

Jaimie

Hi,
in at least 2 of my past life regression meditations I was part of show business. In one I was a young kid who was forced out on stage in a dress. I stood there and could see all the grownups, fancy dress look up at me, every seat seem to be taken. It was a bit dark but there were lights on the stage and it was of dark wood. Think perhaps they had trouble back stage and just pushed me out there - or they had taught me to dance or say something - but I just froze. I was there all alone. I could have been like 4? perhaps? Just a guess. I can recall feeling paralyzed, knowing I was failing everyone - the people - my family - backstage - and the audience. One can laugh at it now, but after that past life regression I felt what that little girl in me felt like - for hours after. I thought they were gonna throw us out now. We were going to end up on the streets. My family would be without money. And it would be my fault because I could not give them what they wanted - the audience. Difficult to say what life this was - perhaps the 1920's, 1910's, further back?

Then in another experienced life time I was in Hollywood and knew actor James Dean and a lot of people. I had a thing about stages even back then - just sort of experienced the little girl again (although that had been a past life). I could feel the stomach ache, being nervous. I can't honestly say I liked to be the center of attention. I always felt like one in the group. I just wanted to be one in the group, that was all I wanted. There was this time when someone was taking my photo and I saw a woman passing by on the opposite street and I had this strong desire to be her instead.

In my own current life strange things has happened that seem to have wanted me to become involved in show business but I refused. I always refused. Any situation that is connected with attention and the whispers of show business make me want to run away.

When I pinch down the female I think I was in Hollywood (when I knew Mr Dean) I showed my family a photograph of her after having told my story (feeling extremely unease at doing it but at the time I thought I was going crazy if I was going to keep it to myself any longer). So I showed a picture of the female. There were resembles but then my parent says "Yes, she is beautiful, but you look better. I always told you - you should be in the movies!".

All my life I have been very set on getting a good, proper education and it has nothing to do with show business. I know some people will most likely be crossed with me and have different opinions but I am just trying to explain where my standpoint comes from, I am not claiming to be right - to speak for others - just for myself, what is right for me.

The thing is my family is still kind of mad that I refused to be a child model, refused to take offer to start working as an actress (like never mind if I would be a total disaster at it or not have any luck??).

If I was once the little girl on stage and the other the female in Hollywood - should I not embrace this instead? Be used to be on a stage? Like being in the spotlight?

Jesus, this was a long explanation - I am sorry for that. I guess my point is -and what I want to hear others write about if I am lucky here - is their thoughts and experiences?

Have any one else been very surprised when finding out what the past life you did for a living or what world one was in back then?

I would love to hear your stories.

/J

Last edited:
Just because they did it doesn't mean you have to, although you certainly could. You should absolutely do what you think is best for you right now. Show business is hard and there's no guarantee you'd make it, not to demean you of course.

A number of my past selves were farmers/salt of the earth types just trying to survive and provide for their families. I have the utmost respect for farmers, but you couldn't pay me to do that again. Way too much physical labor lol.

The only one that took me by surprise was my life in India. I was a trader along the Silk Road, which was very unexpected. Spent my whole career meandering around Asia, and I think I ended up in the Middle East at one point. Looked like Turkey or something

Just because they did it doesn't mean you have to, although you certainly could. You should absolutely do what you think is best for you right now. Show business is hard and there's no guarantee you'd make it, not to demean you of course.

A number of my past selves were farmers/salt of the earth types just trying to survive and provide for their families. I have the utmost respect for farmers, but you couldn't pay me to do that again. Way too much physical labor lol.

The only one that took me by surprise was my life in India. I was a trader along the Silk Road, which was very unexpected. Spent my whole career meandering around Asia, and I think I ended up in the Middle East at one point. Looked like Turkey or something
Hi,

that is really interesting with the farmer and the trader occupations. It sounds like really hard work and especially further back in time. The trader business sounds exciting, but I am guessing it was lonesome too?

Thank you for the support/encouragement but no I would never want to be in that world in this life and as you say it is a very difficult occupation, crowded with people who wants to make it and only few does. I could be terrible at it too.

Always wanted to work with helping people in some way and am interested in medicine/how the body works, now work in the Health care organisation in this life which I like very much.

In the life where I think I knew James Dean I experienced being married at one time and extracts from bad fights. I knew the husband at the time couldn't help it. He was doing his best. He just wanted to provide for his family - for us and his other family. The same was for her, I suppose. Long distance relationship. Created lots of insecurities, jealousy etc. Things no one wants in one's relationship.

I have memories of extracts from long call telephone conversations either at hotels or at a phone booth with that man. I was effected because he wasn't around his kids nor me either I suppose, but my focus was the child perspective - knowing a present dad was needed, that he was missed and there was nothing I could do about it, I could not fill his void.

This time around I wanted to make it different - I wanted me and my husband to have jobs that meant we would see our children every day and the children would be able to live and go to school at one place.

Thanks for writing me : )

Last edited:
Sometimes I think we can try too hard to follow some sort of ideal, especially something which echoes a past-life. This time around I was nearly thirty before I eventually got into a job which I was good at, enjoyed and was reasonably well-paid. It wasn't really any of the things I'd previously aimed at, it had been mentioned by someone as a possibility, but I'd not taken it seriously.

To be realistic, many traditional occupations are now a small niche area, and new, previously unimagined professions have come to the fore. For that reason, the vast majority of us may find ourselves in one of the newer professions, and that can be a good thing. Though we should cherish our dreams, that shouldn't mean we are disdainful or rejecting towards the options which are here in this life. They can bring unexpected rewards.

Job and career is one of my issues... looks like I did all kinds of different things, but rarely ever anything that matched my skills or was what I really wanted. In this life I had a lot of trouble finding and keeping a job. Reason is, I either had to take what ever I get (or thought so) or made my choice for the wrong reasons (setting payment or prestige over what feels best for me).

It was a surprise and not a surprise at all at the same time to find out that it wasn't much different in my past lives, that this is one of my patterns. Now, when you are struggling to survive or grow up in a less "civilized" surrounding, you do not even think about what profession you would like to do. You do what must be done, period. If you want to have a roof over your head and enough food for yourself and maybe your family, you do everything that is required. And when you were upper class in the past, you had no choice either, others decided your profession or you automatically did what your father did, no matter your personal wishes and talents. While poverty is not fun (starving poor definitely not), I seem to have been happier (or less unhappy at least) when I was poor. Much simpler, less rules, fewer nasty issues to consider.

Harassment and plotting is another reoccurring theme. In different roles. In one of my jobs in this life I had to share my cupboard with others. I controlled my bag every day, not because I feared something might have been stolen, but because I feared someone might have put something in. I am sometimes a bit paranoid... that people would go at any lengths to get rid of me. Happened in the past, happened in this life, that people put a lot of effort into causing me harm. Might have happened the other way around, too, possible.

Now I have a choice, in theory, but somehow almost always something seems to get in the way or I end up in a job I find frustrating again, because I either have to act against my personal morals or don't get along with all too bossy Bosses or envious colleagues who accuse me of being after their position when all I am doing is trying to do my work the best I can. I also have trouble to realize what I really want to do, because you all too easily can follow an ideal that is not yours. "I want to help others and be a healer" sounds great, but not everyone's call is a healer. It is equally OK wanting to be a writer, a teacher, a scientist, an artist or even an actor (when it comes from the heart, that is). There are people who say that if only I would change, I could have a leading position in a company or in an institute, but that is a big NO. While the thought of not being ordered around and being free to do and organize my work as is best for me is appealing, I really do not wish to make decision like who gets fired and who gets promoted. Looks like sometimes in past lives I made my choice because I wanted to prove somebody that I can do that... same pattern still, as I neglected my true heart's desire and followed someone else's ideals or my ego.

Now, YOU probably do NOT want to be an actor (and neither do I want) and as you are interested in medicine, being a doctor or nurse or something in that direction probably IS your calling. You definitely should follow your heart.

Hi,

that is really interesting with the farmer and the trader occupations. It sounds like really hard work and especially further back in time. The trader business sounds exciting, but I am guessing it was lonesome too?

Thank you for the support/encouragement but no I would never want to be in that world in this life and as you say it is a very difficult occupation, crowded with people who wants to make it and only few does. I could be terrible at it too.

Always wanted to work with helping people in some way and am interested in medicine/how the body works, now work in the Health care organisation in this life which I like very much.

In the life where I think I knew James Dean I experienced being married at one time and extracts from bad fights. I knew the husband at the time couldn't help it. He was doing his best. He just wanted to provide for his family - for us and his other family. The same was for her, I suppose. Long distance relationship. Created lots of insecurities, jealousy etc. Things no one wants in one's relationship.

I have memories of extracts from long call telephone conversations either at hotels or at a phone booth with that man. I was effected because he wasn't around his kids nor me either I suppose, but my focus was the child perspective - knowing a present dad was needed, that he was missed and there was nothing I could do about it, I could not fill his void.

This time around I wanted to make it different - I wanted me and my husband to have jobs that meant we would see our children every day and the children would be able to live and go to school at one place.

Thanks for writing me : )

It was really hard work, but definitely fulfilling. There's something really gratifying about being that self sufficient. Their lives seemed so simple though. All they really had to do was survive which could be immensely challenging just on its own, but they didn't have to worry about a lot of the things we do.

In my life in India, I never married or had children by choice, but I wasn't unhappy at all. Somewhat lonely, but content with life would be a good summation. I died young and tragically, but it was a good life for what it was worth. I got to see and experience the world, make new friends all over, and was pretty much free to do whatever I wanted due to a lack of any real commitments at home.

I think I'd rather relive that one than be an English farmer in the 1600s again; even the thought of that is exhausting. In this life, I don't have nearly the amount of physical endurance some of my past selves did, so I never considered any kind of manual labor as a current occupation. I have infinitely more options than they did and not a clue what to do. I'm currently leaning towards writing, which is kind of amusing given that most of my past selves weren't even literate.

Glad you found something fulfilling!

Yeah, I've been famous in a past life. I never enjoyed it.

If you've been famous in the past, If you've been a scientist, or whatever, that doesn't mean you want the same thing now.

In my case, I love music, and I think I could do very good things, however, I would hate to go back to that vicious circle where my music must be accepted by my "superiors".

Now I'm concentrating on my work, my family, my anonymity (God, I think anonymity is something I really needed at the time, and now that I have it, I don't want to give it up).

When I was fifteen I thought about forming a band but something in my head told me Hey, this time you have the possibility to do something different. And that's how I started to study something completely different. I wanted to study music, but I think that helping others in another way makes me feel complete.

I rejected my talent to create songs, but now I am happy to help children in my work as a psychologist in a school.

Every Saturday and Sunday I work as a music teacher where many children with anger problems play the guitar to bring out all that anger in very interesting compositions. That makes me happy!

Sometimes I imagine what my life would be like as an artist, but then I remember everything I suffered in my past life. I'm happy to know that I chose something different. Obviously, if you feel that music, art, acting, or any profession is what you want, that's fine. If you want to follow your dreams, go ahead. Anonymity is a pleasure that seemed unattainable in my past life.

That's my experience.

We all do what we're supposed to do, as long as your decision makes you happy you know it's the right path. If for whatever reason you decide to take a different approach, life will put you on the right track again. I think there's free will but to a point. If something keeps coming up it's for a reason.

Back