Remembering a past life as a Waffen-SS officer - my story

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by BenjaminFR, Oct 5, 2018.

1. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Member

Dear all,

I am very thankful for finding this forum, after going through some fascinating stories on here, I wish to share with you all the journey I followed to discover the identity of a memory I carry since my early childhood.

Now, as a small introduction, I am today a 27 years-old man of both British and French citizenship, from my mother who is English and my father who is French. I am a world-traveler, very curious and open-minded, and I currently live in China, where I settled (quite different from the rural countryside and small village I was raised in!).

Starting from my earliest memories, I remember having terrible, terrible nightmares. I would be sleepwalking and being absolutely terrorized by what I saw surrounding me. I don't remember much of these visions, apart from insane battlefield sequences where tanks literally ram each other on fields full of smoke. As I grew older, the nightmares moved to me weeping in a very tight, metallic and dirty compartment, from which I never found a way to escape.

When I turned 14 or 15, these visions started to appear as I was awake, in the form of flashes, always very short in time but filled with emotions (for instance, I could know from a scene that I was walking to combat - deep in my stomach, with a smoke-filled sky that I could see in the distance, ahead).

When I moved to China, at 24 years of age, the visions started to "worsen" as I say because I had lots of these random flashes - walking on the streets of a chinese city would send me onto a battlefield, in the streets of a destroyed city, with bricks from crushed walls filling the streets. I'd look onto the highest windows, worried about getting shot. I'd be ducking, on those streets, always seeking cover from debris as I'd progress. I also remember a very uncomfortable instance, where two chinese police offers stopped in a street of a small northern city. I was having flashes of dirty, broken soldiers, who were surrendering, with their arms barely up from exhaustion.

I went back to France, convinced deep inside that I was losing it.

Now I must say that, since I was raised in a family where no one talked about topics of spirituality, and I had never heard of stories of reincarnation, my belief system was pretty closed. However, I always remained very surprised by the sheer precision of these visions. They were like memories, I was at the center of them, and always seemed to match the same period.

I went to see therapists, unbeknownst to my family, and there I began to investigate the policy that these visions were from a memory I was carrying! It was a very strong change in my life, as I had sometimes wondered what would happen after I die, but I never asked myself how was it before I was born. This opened up a lot of space inside me, as I did understand fairly quickly that I was seeing scenes from the life of one german officer during WWII.

It was hard to swallow, knowing full well the history of my current family:
    - my English grandfather, whom I shared a very special bond with, was a British D-Day veteran (funny, since I was born June the 6th) and fought all the way from France to Belgium, Holland and Germany. He was awarded at the end of his life the title of Chevalier de la Légion d'Honneur by France (Knight of the Honor Legion). He actually encouraged me at an early age to visit Germany, against the advice of my grandmother who survived the blitz narrowly and clearly remembered the V1s...
    - my French great-uncle was captured in May 1940 and spent 3 years as a POW, and I have studied earlier in my life his writings from that time, along with songs and poems. He was eventually freed by a German Heer doctor.

It was around this time that I undertook my first regression, which litterally filled me with images and very vivid scenes. I won't go into too many details (although I am very open to speak about it, if you have questions) but these scenes and details were key:

- I first saw the beginning of the last day, standing in a small trench, looking east. I remember very vividly the rays of light piercing the treeline, right in front of me as the sun was rising. I was incredibly frustrated by the tactical situation: we had been ordered to stop the assault and hold our line. I can't remember why. But I am frustrated, because I know my enemy: I know the Russians don't have the ability to handle a moving unit. I know their communications are bad, they can't react quick enough; I despise their officers, who sacrifice their men with their poor skills. Now that we came to a stop, they can organize an attack. I know they will attack. Around me are many men, I know they are my men, I am their leader.

- When I start to focus on me, invited by my therapist, I now see another scene. I notice my uniform: I have long, black leather boots, a dark uniform. I feel a red band, red like blood and with white borders, on my sternum. I touch it and it's a piece of fabric woven at a 45 degrees angle from a buttonhole to the inside of the jacket. On my neck, left side, I see a black square baring 3 aligned white dots, which later in the scene moved to the same black square with 4 white dots on each corner. I am also wearing a cap, that I see when I look up.

-I understand it's 1943 and we're East, and I know my enemies are Russian soldiers.

- I then experienced my own death. Inside a Panzer, I am sitting in the back of the turret, the scene starts by an explosion in front. I understand we've been hit by a round from the right side, hitting the hull next to my machinegunner. I see 3 other men: I know their role. In front, on the left, my driver has also been killed, mutilated by the blast. Both motionless bodies and the damaged mechanical part between them strikes me: we cannot move (I later found it's the transmission that separated both), I know look at my right and my loader is screaming hysterically, eyes wide open. I can't hear him, everything is silent, I must have gone deaf from the bang... And I understand that it's all over. I'm going to die in this tank, I know the soviet gunner will strike us again. I know it's a very basic tactic: strand the tank by hitting the driver or the transmission, and then demolish the gun.

I know the second round is coming, and barely noticing it, another shell explodes very close to me, on the turret. I feel no pain but great confusion. I won't go too much into details right now about what I saw once I died, but I can tell that, on that battlefield, I saw many other confused "souls", russian and german, saw the battle I dreamed about with great terror as a child, and was desperately trying to talk to a soldier I named Georg, yelling that I was there. The fact that he could not hear my message greatly pained me.

I went on to see many scenes, some fighting and some very random moments of a German man's life, in and out of the army, before and during the war.

I will skip the details of my following search, but I got to understand that I carried the memory of a SS-Sturmbannführer (I think the US equivalent is Major, or Commandant in the French army) who was awarded the Iron Cross, who started the war as Hauptsturmführer leading an infantry unit, until he moved to armored forces and led a unit of battle tanks, until he died in a counter-offensive from the Soviet army.

Well, I had decided at the time not to look for his name, but one day, in a very extraordinary manner, I found that these memories match the life of a man that existed.

I was having a peaceful day, writing a letter, when all of a sudden I felt the urge to stand up, go in front of my computer and search: I immediately, and I still can't explain how I found it, ended up reading a scanned page from an obscure book describing the battle of Kursk: I read there the fate of the Totenkopf Division during Operation Citadel. I was astonished to read that, at this battle, a SS-Sturmbannführer leading their Panzer Regiment was killed in the exact same way I saw in my visions (two AT rounds on his command tank). The Totenkopf division was actually halted that day, during the Kursk offensive, to cover the flank of the other Divisions, and ordered to face East. That day, a Soviet counter-attack was detected, and the order were passed to the Totenkopf's Panzerregiment to advance and face it, leading to the early death of their commander.

Another funny twist of fate: that special day, when I found his name, was actually his birthday. I was amazed to find that I uncovered the name of the memory I carry on the day he was born.

2. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Member

I have conducted a long research to understand the path of this man, and how his life led him to that situation. It's a sad life to have been born in Germany in 1909. I think the chaos of WWI followed by the hard times of Germany post-Versailles treaty, and the Depression of 1929 created a generation of men and women who were burning for revenge.

A further search on this man led me to verify that most of the details I remember do have some coherence compared to this Sturmbannführer's military records. He started his career in the SS very early, in 1934, and went on to be a lecturer at the SS Officer school, until he took command of combat unit, from companies to battalions, until his last assignment as a regiment's commander. He was involved in most of the fighting done by the Reich Division and the Totenkopf division, from France in 1940 to the outskirts of Moscow

I have also had the great honor to contact and meet his family, who have welcomed me and allowed me to tell them my story, to hear their stories. I would say the greatest amount of peace I have now comes from this opportunity to tell his grandson and son the life he led, what choices he made and his regrets. They have been so kind also to tell me about their memories of WWII, and share with me many pictures of the SS-Sturmbannführer life I carry inside me.

One detail that got us together? The soldier named Georg who I was trying to talk to, after I remember dying.

The Sturmbannführer I remember had a brother named Georg, who was there fighting in the same SS Division. He was that last day. His family told me that Georg did tell the same account of event, with his older brother dying when his tank exploded after the second hit. It opened a flow of memories inside me of the soul's journey after one dies.

I could go on and on about the rights and wrongs of his life. But, seeing it in it's entirety fills me with great sadness for the lives of all these bright generations, wherever they're from, who had the germs of hate and violence planted inside them, and then sacrificed on the battlefields of WWII.

I also can say that I appreciate the abyss of violence this former identity had embraced. While I might have tried to believe at first that I was seeing the life of a "good" SS, I soon embraced the complexity of his personality, of this era and how normal men all turned to ruthless professionals once the whistle was blown. The soldiers of the SS engaged in the most vile form of violence and were met with an enemy that was equally ruthless. I can tell you that the journey beyond death for those who are led astray in such bloody manners is a very painful one, but is committed to healing, and with a force of love that still leaves me in awe.

I do pray that all those who carry memories from this sad, sad era will find the path to peace.

I now live a life away, in China, with peace in my heart after this incredible journey to a another life. I am at peace with it because it has taken me to the path to forgiveness, and I have learned much from this adventure. I now feel that I am ready to talk about it more and share with those who remember aswell.

I thank you all for sharing these stories, and wanted to share mine to give you a testimony of Life's fantastic mechanic to heal and save. Have a beautiful day!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  3. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Benjamin,

Welcome to the forum and thank you very much for sharing your memories! They are really very extraordinary, and I would also like to hear your memories about your time between lives and what you experienced there.

Many consider WWII in Europe to be a continuation of WWI and made almost inevitable by the punitive measures imposed on Germany after WWI. That conclusion was also apparently one of the factors leading to the Marshall Plan to rebuild Europe and Germany and avoid a repeat. Plus, it is just a better way to do things.

I also appreciate what you have said about the background for behavior during the war. Very few people are willing to admit that they might well have behaved just the same if subjected to the same historical events and the same forms of training and indoctrination. We also like to believe that "we" would not have been part of tying people to stakes and burning them, or . . . . The list could go on, but you get the point. People tend to be reflections of the times and societies they live in. Very few buck the current, especially when the stakes are high. Very few could even imagine doing so, as their perspectives are a byproduct of the age they live in. This is one of those areas where memory of PLs can add a broader perspective.

Cordially,
    S&S

4. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Member

Hello!

Thanks for your message! I am always happy to share.

The visions of what happened after he died are a bit different, but they somehow form a steady stream from his identity to mine. That, by the way, was what took the most time for me to accept.

It started right after the second explosion in the tank, and it's absolutely instantaneous. It litterally shook me from one reality - inside the tank - to another, much different but somehow similar as you still see what is happening around you, however it's much more like being aware of things, rather than needing to "see" them. So here I was, a few meters from the ground, in the open, noticing that the battle was raging around. It was an eerie moment as I started to realize that the men around (I somehow knew what they were feeling) were in distress. I think they were astonished by the sudden death of their commander. I was absolutely shocked to have died first. I wanted to stay, it was my duty to lead them. I was in total denial of what had happened, thinking that it was temporary, that I'd suddenly hop back inside the panzer and keep on fighting. But then I recognized my panzer down there, and it was burning in a very odd manner. Fire was raging inside, bursting out of every opening like tongues of flames. Out of the hatch, out of the cannon, out of the two holes on the left side.. it was then I started to understand that it was over, for good, and literally threw myself on the ground, in deep despair.

As I mentioned previously, facing Georg and seeing that he couldn't hear me (he was absolutely shaken, people were around him but somehow he seemed alone) was perhaps one of the biggest sadness I experienced in these visions. It is impossible to describe.

I then kept following the regiment for a few more days of actions (historical records say there was 4 days of fighting until the next big clash) until being taken in one of the most ferocious battles I've seen in my visions, with a ridiculous battle between huge formations of tanks rushing to the actions, on open fields. It was, as an officer, an absolute nightmare to witness. I kept seeing the battle raging on, in a thick cloud of smoke from destroyed vehicles: tanks were engaging each other at very short range, from impossible angles, and somehow it kept going for ages. No ground was gained from either side and they just kept coming and coming, in a nightmarish situation.

Throughout this experience, I could also see and feel souls who had died or just died in my span of attention. They were in various states, with most lost in their experiences, while some others were trying, like me, to communicate. I also need to say that there was an absolute understanding and compassion between each and everyone of these souls I exchanged with, no matter they lived as germans or russians. Culture was completely irrelevant as we now could all communicate freely - minus the poor souls who could not accept their death yet. There was absolutely no hate or anger in this experience, nothing but sadness.

From a historical perspective, 4 days after the death in the battle of Kursk, both elements of Reich Division and Totenkopf division were participating in the battle of Prokhorovka, which resulted in a very stupid situation in which two large tank formations meet up face to face and clash immediately. Both Germans and Russians kept pushing in reinforcements, which resulted in the situation I saw in these visions. I also read it is considered the largest tank battle of all time, by the numbers of tanks involved.

The experience then changed, as the fighting stopped, and it turned into a very long wander around seemingly endless fields. I was far from alone, yet none could understand each other. It was inevitably interupted by dives into scenes of his life, in their most brutal truth. Every aspect of my life, I dived into, seeing it in details, allowing me to understand what was really going on. It felt like torture because for every understanding you got and accepted, I'd be taken right back to see it all again, with another element to bring another lesson. It was a very brutal process, although it (very) slowly changed the experience to a deep sorrow for every pain caused to others, in total acceptance and compassion. From then it's like my forces had gone, because I started to despair, thinking I'd be stuck there. I knew no other thing. It's like I was lying motionless there, in those fields, with waves after waves of memories crashed into me, haunting me.

And then it's like something happened, when the process came to its end, to wash you of what you did: I was not alone anymore. I was in a much different environment, it felt like I was higher. I was with someone and she kind of reviewed some key scenes, and I noticed how selfless and caring I was, but how much more selfless and loving she was. She was a million times more knowledgeable and wise, it was extremely humbling. I don't know much how what we did together but after a while she did make me understand, at some point, that I'd have to go back. It really saddened me. I didn't want to go back to live another life. She then, in a very easy and light wave of the arm, like she is opening up something, and she made me look at what I think is my life now, however I have absolutely no memory whatsoever of what I was shown. I think it made me understand that there was something to learn and cultivate, and somehow it was enough to convince me. As soon as I was hit by this acceptance from deep inside myself, it's like she pushed me, a very subtle push from one finger, and it made me fall. I remember very distinctly the feeling how falling down backwards, like when you let yourself fall into a pool. It's really like going into the water, you get hit by so many sensations.

Oddly enough, it is immediately followed by what I think is my first vision, as a baby, everything is blurry, bright. I see colors, rays of right from an opening, and a distinct shape in front of me. When I told this to my parents, they were very surprised because the colors I describe match the room I was born in, from the colors on the walls to the color of the gown the doctor was wearing, to the position of the window.

So yeah. It's a very deep journey I had. Most were visions that came during walks or meditations, some were in regressions, and the "doomsday" visions of the endless reviewing of life came in a single night of visions I had, awake. A very scary experience but very humbling.

And you are right, I believe, when you say that WW2 is a direct consequence of the pressures applied to Germany after 1920. Today I find it very sad that we followed the leadership of Clémenceau, when we had other policies ready from peace visionaries likes Aristide Briand, who was a prominent politician, and I invite you to read what Mr Briand wrote right after the war, it's very sad to see that he (and many) saw what would come next and were not heard.

Thanks for the answer and if you have other questions, please ask!

5. SeaAndSky

Hi Benjamin,

Have you read Michael Newton's books? I am curious as I am trying to compare and contrast the sometimes varying reports of the life between lives. When Raymond Moody completed his work on Near Death Experiences, he observed that there were several common repeated elements, but not all people experienced all elements. Your account reminds me of this observation, as it hits several themes I have seen before, but not others. (I think others may also have commented on these variations in a common between lives pattern). This may be because these additional details were simply not that important to you--memory works that way for all of us.

In any case, I have heard about the "hanging around" period and various aspects you have reported from other sources--especially when death was sudden and violent. Likewise, the more "painful" past life review is reported, though with many it appears to happen in something like a debriefing review before a group of elder souls. Similarly, there is a period of friendly loving counseling by an elder soul who preps one for the next lifetime. Then, the rebirth. However, in the gaps between these different elements, others may report other additional things, such as re-joining their soul group, periods of study, etc. From that type of expanded perspective, your account appears to hit, what were for you, the high/low points. I may, however, be wrong in my suppositions and speculations.

Cordially,
    S&S

6. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Member

Hello,

No I haven't read his books, and to be honest I have not read any books on the matter aside from "Lorsque j'étais quelqu'un d'autre" (When I was someone else) from Stéphane Allix, a french former war reporter who relates his journey to remembering his past life in the Waffen-SS. It was a huge slap in the face for me as I was barely coming to terms with these visions at the time. But aside from that I have no other experience, due to how hard it can be to get books in China, sometimes.

Aside from that, it's funny that you mention this counsel of elders. I did tell you about this scene with this "female" force that came before my birth. Well we were not alone as I believe we were at least 4: "her", me, and two other seemingly male beings. it's very hard to explain the details of this scene because of how different it was from every other previous setting, that had at least some kind of space. We were in an indefinite place, which seemed both small and huge, with a floor that looked like it was both solid and made of light. She just blinded me with her understanding. As for the presence of the two others, it's still unclear who they were and what they were here for, although they seemed to know me absolutely.

Also yes, I gave you a rather brief description of this, but there were a lot of different things that happened in this "in between". We're far from alone there. I did interact with people I had got to cross path with, in this life, and most of the time in a violent context. I have to say that I have not yet fully seen everything that took place here, and I don't really wish it. I think I was shown now what I needed to see in order to set myself free!

From your experience, what books and sources would you recommend to deepen my understanding of this process?

fireflydancing and Angie Brown like this.
  7. SeaAndSky

Hi Benjamin,

I can only recommend my favorite authors, but that doesn't mean there are not others, these are just my personal preference. They are Dr. Michael Newton and Dr. Brian Weiss. I favor these two because I am attracted to authors with a scientific background who were not believers in past lives, but were convinced by their own clinical experiences. Also, they are both good writers.

Overall, I find Newton more systematic and overtly scientific in his approach, while Weiss is more informal (to me), but has a wonderfully humane quality. Newton's two stand-out books are "Journey of Souls" and "Destiny of Souls". The first is available as an audio-book in English on Youtube, so it may be accessible in this manner without having to order a copy from abroad. For Weiss, I would probably start with "Many Lives, Many Masters" and "Only Love is Real".

Others might have their own favorites.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--I think the most systematic, stage-by-stage type exploration of the between lives arc is set forth in Newton's books. This is the information I was primarily drawing on in my last post.

Angie Brown likes this.
  8. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

I have read recommendations before to read Dr Weiss

Best wishes,

Angela

9. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

Welcome, Benjamin. Thank you for sharing your memories and I hope doing so wasn't too distressing.

I am very tired at the moment and want to be careful of how I word what I write as it is important to not cause offence or hurt by miswording something so it comes across in a way not intended. So I will return within a few days and reply more.

Suffice to say for now that most if not everyone here seems to understand that we cannot judge a person for a pl when that person is now in a different life, with more experience and understanding and thus a new paradigm. In other words, if someone had been Vlad the Impaler, s/he wouldn't be condemned now by us (as long as there was no propensity to impale people, which would be most unlikely).
    So please don't worry about being judged or condemned.

Without getting too political though
    I am going to say that in my opinion, the adage "All wars are bankers wars" is true, and there are times I have learned things that have both made me furious and broken my heart at the same time for all who have been damaged physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually by such wars, and I am both pleased and relieved when I read of people healing well or having healed spiritually from trauma.

I am also glad you found understanding before you wrongly wound up in the mental health 'care' system in any country, on damaging medications. I am glad you found the truth and realised that you are well and healthy.

Best wishes,

Angie

10. Ministargazer

Ministargazer Ministargazer

Yes, S&S, I totally agree that we are a reflection of the time and societies that we live in and to some extent victims even. We seem to absorb what is going on around us and so cannot be held totally responsible for our actions. If "the gang does it" we do it. How much power do we even have to resist? A soldier cannot be held responsible for his actions. As my father used to say, and he was a radio operator in WW2. "It was kill or be killed."

Angie Brown likes this.
  11. Ministargazer

Ministargazer Ministargazer

Wow, this is an amazing story and I'm so glad that you shared it with us Benjamin! More and more people it seems are discovering there past lives, doing intensive research and reaping great benefits from knowing. I'm thinking that God is behind all of this and He wants us to know.

Angie Brown likes this.
  12. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

I have to say that people coming forward of their past lives from this era on all sides is always makes me happier in the moment that regardless of what happen then didn't stop people from coming back and living life again. Those times were complicated and difficult that people today have a hard time understanding so to have people who were there come around is always nice kinda like old friends turning up ect. Odd that I say it this way but it is how I feel.

13. BellonaStrandt

BellonaStrandt Child of a Tsar and Oberführer

Nice, someone also from the SS. I was from there too but not from Waffen-SS, though. I was from the SD, Gestapo and Einsatzgruppen at different times. I’m proud of the spying aspect of my career but not the killing civilians part of it. Back to you, do you remember what your name was?

Angie Brown likes this.
  14. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Member

You are very right, I personally don't feel any weight any more. I do think that, when we are born, we come as a blank page, with those past memories - wether we are conscious of them or not - lighting my way.

I very often smile at how I feel that we share - him and me, if that makes sense - a very likely persona, but yet the way it expresses itself in my life is very different from his. Again, I was not forged in the same era, which tells me how much our behaviour is shaped by our culture and the structures around us.

Saying "I would have not done what they did" makes no sense, as it is impossible to describe the tremendous pressure that came with growing up in this era. And it was not an instant switch. It took years of political training and discipline to bring the Waffen-SS to what it was in 1941-1945. I have memories of early years, 1935-1936 and the status of these SS units was laughable, and definitely not combat-ready. But after years of indoctrination, and tough discipline, it turned into a very ferocious force, where saying no to an order, having ethical afterthoughts or simply walking away from it was simply out of question.

Regarding "all wars are bankers wars", you're touching a very important topic because most of the exchanges I remember having with souls of russian and german soldiers were related to this: we contemplated how similar we were, like brothers, and blamed the lies we were told for what we did.

Angie Brown likes this.
  15. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Member

It is true, I have met lots of people who also are remembering their past experiences. What I don't know is if this had always been the case, but went unreported because our cultures (in the West) was closed to these ideas, or if it's happening more and more for a greater reason related to the future of mankind. I did have very strong moments in regressions or meditations, where I exchanged consciously with entities that made me understand that we must not let another bloodbath like this happen again. So are all these voices everywhere rallying up to share what the sacrificed have to say about laying down their lifes during both World Wars? I like to think that we ought to let our stories known.

Jupiter 11, Speedwell and Angie Brown like this.
  16. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Member

I do remember the name, I was actually a bit reluctant at first to post it here, but since the answers here make me feel comfortable and among serious people, I'll write it down: his name was Eugen Kunstmann, SS-Sturmbannführer who died 8th of July 1943 at the battle of Kursk, commanding the 3-SS-Panzerregiments of the Totenkopf Division.

Jim78 and Angie Brown like this.
  17. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

Thank you for coming forward with your story Benjamin. You're in good company here.

Angie Brown likes this.
  18. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

Yes sir, very true. Still 620,000 soldiers, 2% of the country total population, died in a bloody civil war for no reason at all. One out of six coming from my state either killed or MIA and one more got home missing an arm or leg. Still as stated below:

"We talked the matter over and could have settled the war in thirty minutes had it been left to us."
    - Unknown Confederate Soldier referencing a meeting he had with a Union soldier between the lines.

19. Sea Change

Sea Change Member

You pursued that of which you are passionate. Synchronizations mark your progress, aligned with your Higher Mind.

:)

20. SeaAndSky

Hi Kalos,

You are definitely correct about the U.S. "civil" war (a grating misnomer). However, it can be a risky business to say this in the U.S. The minions of political correctness will swarm around you gnashing their teeth (or worse). Fortunately, this board is both fairly tolerant and international in terms of its contributors.

Cordially,
    S&S

GreyReynard and Angie Brown like this.