Remembering/recognizing people from Past Lives (merged)

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Greta, Jul 21, 1999.

1. Greta

Greta New Member

Hello everyone...

I have the blessing/curse (depends on how you look at it) of being able see other's past lives and mine, basically anyone. Sounds, strange, I know, understand perfectly, but just take my word for it.

Anyway, being able to do that...it's odd not being able to say things to others. Like...'Hey, this is why you have this issue.' ...but I can't, because I also know that the general person just wouldn't accept it.

But even in just MY life, almost everyone around me I've had a past life with, and had issues with in that past life, and just staring at someone, I can see their old life coming through them, I can see the previous person peeping through... and I know that person, very well... But what can I say when no one knows?

There are still issues from previous lives being worked out in this one...I know that, it's continuous cycle...life never really 'ends'...it just continues...only the props and backgrounds are changed every lifetime or so...

So how do I handle this...how do I keep my lips zipped when I know the other person doesn't need to know about their past life...that it will work it out by themselves...without me..but I still feel the compulsion put myself into it..?

Greta

2. WilliamC

WilliamC Senior Registered

Hello Greta,

I know some people that I knew in my last life. The way I broke the news to them is ask them "Hey I saw a show on reincarnation the other day. It really got me thinking, do you think it could be possible?" Or something similar to that. I find it is better to see if they do indeed beleive in reincarnation before telling them that you knew them in a past life.

If they do have a favourable opinion on reincarnation, perhaps ask them if they feel that they knew you from another life.

I know for sure that I know at least one person that I knew in the last life, and two more probables(either I didn't ask them or they have no memories). I also ran into some old friends at another forum on the internet. I think it's very neat knowing people from previous lives. Some of us have the same memory of the same event but form a different perspective.

I'm very lucky in knowing many people who beleive in past lives and such. It was difficult as a child, but know that I'm older it appears to be more of an awakening to the topic. I origionally asked for help on the old forum here and I eventually talked to others and found out they beleive and support me. I was surprised to learn taht my mother beleives in it strongly. It seems if you take a step forward many others will join you, and you can always join others. I find the more I talk about past lives the more I remember and the better I feel about allof my lives.

Hope I was of some help. Take care.

Bill

3. Jill Kamp

Jill Kamp Guest

I remember several past lives, and I have recognized several people from this life in them. For example:

My father (who in this life absolutely loves Pacific Northwest Indian art and culture but despises the way many Indians today choose to live their lives) was also my father in the life I remember as an Indian boy. I saw him very clearly in that life, but he looked absolutely nothing like he appears today. What with his prejudices against Indians, it makes perfect sense to me he would be there, back in the days before fur traders contaminated the old ways with white culture...but my father hates the very idea that he might have been an Indian (even though he now makes Indian art). He doesn't believe in reincarnation even though his greatest love is history. Anyway, no matter how many times I tell him what I saw, he won't buy it. It's very frustrating.

I've also recognized my brother in this life from a past life, and although he believes in it, he insists I have the wrong dates. From what I've seen, we were on a ship off the Central American coast in the 1530s and he was the ship's bosun; I was a pee-on sailor. When I tell him this, he insists he was a pirate in a later era, and that I've got the ship, location and his shipboard title wrong--he was the captain. I try to explain to him that possibly he was these things, but in a later life, another existence at sea on yet another ship. He doesn't agree.

I've also recognized my best friend in a past life. In the 1790s, she lived in a small cottage on the grounds of a large estate, and she was middle class, certainly not as well-off as I was in that lifetime. I lived in the big country house, and while it didn't belong to me, my husband in that life and I were using it during the winter months while the owner was in London. We used only the top bedroom, the rest of the house being closed off and unused (probably for warmth reasons). Now in this life, I am still better off in many ways than my friend, and while her fondest wish is to own a house, have a white picket fence, etc., I have never cared much about these things. I guess I still take my house for granted! Thus it makes perfect sense we were in that particular situation in that life, and that she would still hold it against me that I "live in the big house." But to get to the point, when I told her about what I saw, not only did she not believe it, she was offended. When I tried to tell her that, whether for her or for me, there was obviously a lesson to be learned somewhere in our repeating situation, she dismissed the whole thing out of hand.

Anyway, having had these diverse experiences upon telling someone about their past lives, I can relate a tiny bit with what you're talking about. I try very hard to keep my mouth shut about reincarnation (as I hate people pushing religion on me and I wouldn't want to do the same), but it's extremely difficult when I know there's a lesson which the person and I must learn together to move on and grow. I have to remind myself there's a reason why I remember one life aboard a ship, and why my brother remembers another--he remembers and/or identifies with what's important to the lessons he must learn now, and those lessons involving his pirate life may or may not include me. And if my best friend and my father remember absolutely nothing, well, maybe there's a reason for that, too!

4. natasha

natasha New Member

I find it facinating that some can recognize someone from a past life. Do they recognize them by appearance, because that would mean they would have the same physical appearance that they had in a past life. If not, do they recognize them by........what? Is it a feeling, a memory of the person's soul, spirit and how is that recognizable by the human eye/mind? Everywhere I go I see others I swear I've seen before. I've been all over the country. Any thoughts???

5. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hello Natasha,

I think the experience is different for everyone. For me, sometimes as I look at the person now -- I can "see" in a hologram the form/body of their past life -- as they were then, over their bodies now. GGggeeeesh that's hard to explain!!!

Other times, when I do regressions, I just "know" who they are by looking in to their eyes. What's the old saying? The eyes are the window to the soul.
    :)

6. Jill Kamp

Jill Kamp Guest

In response to Natasha's question: When I've recognized people from my present life in my past lives, it's been more of a sensation of "just knowing." If you think about talking to someone you know extremely well over the phone, and then sort of forget to add what they sound like, you end up with that person's "essence," and it's kind of like that for me. (Geez, I'm not explaining it very well, either, am I?) When I recognized my brother from this life as my shipmate in the 1530s, I had specifically asked to see something about my brother and what had caused our current relationship, so I knew it was my brother on that level, too.

At any rate, people never seem to look the same in both lives...at least not in my experience. But I did write a time-travel romance involving reincarnation, and this is how my heroine describes it when she recognizes this man David as someone she remembers from her past life:

"Suddenly she had the strangest impression--that a transparent photograph had been laid over David, his own picture, a portrait of him dressed in eighteenth-century clothes. It slipped over David's features with ease, not quite matching, almost aligning, until finally he looked up and the full strength of his soul pierced her through like a knife. The picture aligned itself perfectly then. Seeing his blond hair dusted with powder, his gray eyes sharp with insatiable need, Ravenna realized they were Christian's eyes...."

Maybe this is a little like what Deborah was describing?

7. Deborah

Hi Jill,

Exactly...The hologram explanation in your story puts it very well. That's exactly how I experience it :)
    Also, I too have found that people do not necessarily look the same from one life time to the next. Sometimes there are similarities, but most often they are very different.

Here's an example......
    Last year while finishing college, I was walking to class, a small oriental man was walking toward me. Maybe 5'3." Suddenly I could see him in his past life superimposed, holographically over his body now. He was a black man, around 6' '7" and very large boned. He was huge! As I watched, his essence/soul seemed to project the uncomfortable aspect he felt with his size..both in this one and the last one. It was an interesting observation for me.

8. Greta

Greta New Member

Hello everyone...

On the topic of recognizing others from past lives, I can't say I've experienced the holograph phenomenon, per se. When I'm actively looking into someone, it's not something 3D that can be seen with the eye...it's more clairvoyance and looking into the 'astral plane', I can see the characteristics of the old life coming 'through' in the new, and sometimes the old people tag along and actually help the person, sometimes not. 'Through' meaning like when you notice the mannerisms are of one person remind you of another. I also get the 'essence' as someone else was describing.

Blessings,

Greta

9. natasha

natasha New Member

Thanks for all your input regarding identifying people from past lives. It really is so very helpful. Maybe when I see someone I am sure I've seen before I have not been open-minded enough to see through to that 'plane'. My eye doctor once told me that when light enters your eye a certain way you can see the back of your eye. He said we all see this yet over the years we condition ourselves to no longer see it,yet it is always in plain view. Maybe we tend to limit ourselves to only our demension and what we see becomes selective/learned. Another question.......for anyone willing to share: I am assuming that when a soul begins a new life it is at infancy. So let's say for example a person dies at age 50 and their soul then begins again at infancy. They were say married to another who's life continues another 30 years. Can the spouse who died 30 years later come back as the child of that first person? Also do two people who feel they are 'soul mates' have to die at relatively the same time to reunite in the next life? I recall reading another topic where someone said they simply recognized their husband from past lives and thought'oh, there he is.' I hope this makes sense. This is really all new to me. Thanks to everyone who is responding so kindly!!

10. Jill Kamp

Jill Kamp Guest

Hi Natasha,

In answer to your question, "Can the spouse who died 30 years later come back as the child of that first person?", the answer is--SURE! I think it happens a lot, people reincarnating back into their own families. I know that, for me, I have strong suspicions I was my own grand-uncle in a previous life (although I'm still working on getting the proof).

Anyway, I am certain that people trade off a lot in their relationships from life to life. I've heard of instances in which the two people in question were mother and son in one life, then the son was the mother in the next...although not necessarily in the same lifetime/time period like you're talking about.

At any rate, Natasha, keep asking questions, and keep questioning what you're told. How and if these things relate to your own past lives/memories, only YOU know for sure.

Jill

11. Rittmeister

Rittmeister Senior Registered

Hello everyone,

I have never experienced the hologram effect. I have though found people from my past lives and have renewed friendships. : )

When I first realized the WWI German pilot life, I went to places on the Internet where I thought I might find old buddies still alive. Oh sure they would be close to 100 years old, but I thought it would be worth a try. I never found any friends still alive, but I ran into people that became suddenly fascinated with my story of being a German pilot during that time. And the more we talked the more we realized that we had so much in common. This person told me about this horrible crash death that they remembered and other details about owning a motorbike and having it stolen from them by two other pilots. This started to ring bells in my head. Together we hunted for clues of this person's past identity. They originally thought they were me, since so much is written about my former self, "Red Baron". I remember in that life that a close friend and myself taking off with a motorbike and I was hit in the back with a rock from someone who came out of the bushes. After a bit of research, we finally realized that my new friend was my old friend Hauptmann Boelcke the man that taught me the basics of aireal combat. And probably the most eerie simularity between his present self and past self is that he writes the same way. I found a book that was a collection of Boelcke's letters home and they read just like the emails I received. It was amazing! It also explained why I so instantly took to liking this person so much. Now we talk on the phone when we can afford it and hearing each others laughter sends shivers of joy through us.

I love finding old friends. I have two others that I have constant contact with. One is my past brother Lothar, who now lives with me. : ) The other one visits this site.

12. Willow

Willow New Member

This is a facsinating topic and one I feel familiar with. When I met my husband for the first time I announced to all the other girls present that he was mine and they were to keep their hands off. This was very uncharacteristic of me. It was instant when I met him - I knew him and knew he was mine. He had black hair, and green eyes, Every man or boy I had dated with any seriousness through college and high school had fit that same description. It was as if I was searching for him- although I was completely unaware of this at the time.
    it has only been in the past year as I have begun to discover my own past lives that I have had any understanding of what happened 22 years ago when we met.
    Now I need to know "the rest of the story" whty was I so set on finding him again? When were we together before? What tore us apart?
    I have an unreasonable fear of losing him. If any one can help Id sure appreciate some tips on finding these answers.

13. Deborah

Hi Willow,

Your story is a familiar one to me as well.
    My husband and I are very aware of his traumatic parting in our last life.
    He was killed in World War I and I saw it happen. :(

You use some interesting language like "tore us apart." Do you feel that there was a traumatic separation between the two of you?

Deborah

14. Willow

Willow New Member

I do feel that we were torn apart but I dont have anything to go on except strong feelings. This is a very new area for me. I have only read a couple of books on the subject. One of them was Children's Past Lives. My husband almost died last fall from an illness. It was during that time that I realized what some of the feelings Ive had and my strange behavior when we met, really meant. One of the things we have always said to one one another is that we want to grow old together. I think this must be because we didn't get to last time we were together.
    Thank you Deborah for sharing your situation. Knowing others have had similar experiences has helped me.

15. Katie Ford

Katie Ford Senior Registered

Remembering people from Past Lives

I was wondering, do you remember every person from your past life, or do you only remember a few? Also, is it possible to get the feeling you knew someone just by reading a message in a forum like this?

16. bishopk

bishopk Senior Registered

Katie, I read somewhere that with emails, chat rooms and the like, people will sometimes get a sense of connection with a past life person. I know that in my case, my husband was in contact via our home email account with the department head at a place my husband had sent a resume to. I had the urge to email the man myself with questions about the job and the area. I didn't do it because I assumed that with him being department head, he was quite a bit older than ourselves and would just think I was a nosy spouse. A few weeks later, when I meet him on the interview trip, I'm surprised that he's around our age - and shocked that I seemed to recognize him from a past life! So I wonder if somehow I did get a sense of recognition just from reading his emails!

17. Gemeni

Gemeni Senior Registered

I think we're really lucky to have all this technology around us, as it's beginning to look increasingly likely that it's making it a whole lot easier to 'remember'. As the person I recognised came from South America and I live in England, not too many years ago I wouldn't have had the chance to spot him. And if we can recognise each other by e.mail or through internet chat - it gives us a headstart in the learning process. To add to my earlier story. Before reading up about the person I mentioned, I had such a strong idea about the person that I used them in a book I was writing. Afterwards I was checking up on facts and began to realise that I'd almost written this person life story! I made hundreds of changes to the book before submitting it to an agent as I didn't want the book to be about the famous person. But by chance the agent was a fan of the sport they were in, and recognised him despite my many alterations! It seemed that I knew this person inside out. Now how the hell can that happen when you know nothing about them!??
    That's all from me for today. Curfew hour has just arrived in deepest England! Night night all.

18. Cloggie777

Cloggie777 Senior Registered

Recognizing someone from a past life

Has anyone on the forum recognized someone they knew in a past life, even though they may not know what their name was, etc, but just what this person's relationship was to them? I have met several people in this life where at some point I've had a kind of "revelation" that they were my parent/brother/sister etc in a previous one. Strangely I have never thought that my parents in this one were my parents in a previous one- if they were I think it would have been centuries ago. In the course of my family research there is a 6th cousin once removed (male) and I had the same feeling he was once my father. This intrigues me as I read once that a psychic thought that in one of their past lives, Prince Charles had been Diana's father- I think I read somewhere else that in this life they were something like 9th cousins? does anyone know the exact relationship? NOW I have a theory that the closer relationship you have with someone in this life,the more karma you have to work out with them. Bearing in mind that my contacts extend to about 11th or 12th cousins, I think I also had to do things for them (and maybe vice versa). I think that I must be part of a "soul group" which seems to have a lot of members! However I think that once you've worked out karma with someone, maybe you won't have contact with them again in future lives- unless of course you or they create more negative karma. Would like to see others' thoughts on this!!

19. mertzie

mertzie Senior Registered

Oh yes...

...a striking example occurred when I was in college. I was sitting in class, in a large auditorium, and saw the back of a young man's head in front of me. I had never seen his face; I had never seen him before, period. But I fell in love, with the back of his head, on the spot. As it turned out, he was in a lab with me, and we were able to become aquainted. We had a 5 year relationship, and I found out later that, at least in one Native American lifetime, he was my father. I also sensed his replacement (girlfriend) after me. She was in my yoga class, and it was a campus of 16,000 students. What were the odds? I saw her in my class, and I knew she was Mike's girlfriend. --And she was. I had no negative feelings about her at all. I just knew her and I knew she was with Mike, even though I had never seen her before.

Now I go with "the vibe" to say what kind of relationship I've had with people in the past. I feel "sister," "brother," "lover," "friend," etc. For example, I feel my school district mentor was once my sister - she has that vibe. One of my students was once my fiancee - this is embarrassing - I saw it in a dream (him with the word "fiancee" around him), and I feel the vibe. It's quite real. Two of my students are my former children that I know of - very definite children vibes.

Does anybody else know what I mean by vibe? :D

20. Next Life

Next Life Deep Thinker

Do you remain near the same people as PL?

Hello. This is my first post on this website, after having done some lengthy reading prior to my registering. I am 15, male, and my name is George. I strongly believe in reincarnation.

On to my question:

Do we remain with or near the same people in every life, that we are close to, or related to in our previous lives? Like, is it likely that I will in some way be connected to my current family, in my next life, and in the same sense, that in my past one I was with them somehow?

Now, what I asked was assuming that we don't get to choose our lives, and they are picked for us. OR, do we have the choice? I mean, if a person is able to decide who they reincarnate as, then I would assume that there would be some way to be with the same people as in this current life?

This has been bugging me a lot lately, because there are particular people in this life that I want to be with or related to when I am reincarnated, but I am not even sure if that will be an option.

So, what do all of you believe in regard to this?