Resolving disbelieved trauma

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jim78, Nov 26, 2018.

1. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

I moved through severe depression/agoraphobia without a therapist as a teen. Lots of meditating helped. Although didn’t have any help, I often got the feeling there was something unseen to me helping me along, especially on the darker days.

A couple of times I did see them with my physical eyes. It’s hard to believe if you haven’t experienced it, but the main feeling was that I was not alone.

2. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

From the way this topic is going, with the exception of Benjamin's positive experience, it seems to me that psychology and certainly psychiatry are inadequate to the needs of a reincarnationist. That's pretty disconcerting to me because I found talk therapy to be the only practical solution to my youthful problems of homelessness and abuse in various forms. If psychology is not able to encompass reincarnation I don't see any resolution to a reincarnationists issues. It feels like a hopeless situation.

Personally I don't get the sense that I'm not alone when I feel depressed, overwhelmed etc landsend. I have had a few psychics tell me that there's a dark entity whose been attached to me for millennia. Given my past lives that's not surprising to me as there would be a lot of negativity for such an entity to feed off, but still, I never got a sense of a dark entity following me ( with the exception of just over a week of supernatural occurrences, but that stopped ). Its just something some psychics said. Its a pity. I could do with an angel right about now not a devil.

tanker and landsend like this.
  3. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

My therapist never told me to live in the now landsend. He just looked bored when I spoke of past lives. He did say he didn't know how to help me after a while but I kept at it a bit in case I had a breakthrough.

The problem was he assumed that my childhood had traumatised me. It hadn't. I always bounced back from life's mishaps. It took me peering through the very gates of hell before I was traumatised.

4. landsend

Jim,

Understand you there... not saying I’ve never felt completely and utterly alone. That’d be a lie. Have been there and recently, too. The thing is I didn’t get therapy as a kid though probably needed it. I was in such a bad place that couldn’t leave my room at one point. My daily existence was bed, wake, bed. Being a teenager that’s a pretty dark place to be. It was on those very dark days that I had an internal feeling not to give in. Maybe it’s not always exterior but an interior feeling that we are never truly alone. Just being alone in nature and seeing the connectedness of it all proved it in a way. We are not alone in the sense we are part of nature.

As for the negativity, have you considered it may be in part your own negativity feeding off itself? I think I have a similar problem. In fact I think it was my negativity surfacing that caused the guy who tried to regress me to act so angrily at me.

Jim78 likes this.
  5. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

The therapy I had that helped me sort my life out was in my early twenties landsend. Nobody could help me as a teen because nobody then understood that I was emotionally and materially at the mercy of a sociopath. They assumed my problems stemmed from something psychological back then, they didn't realise it was an external problem. It wasn't until I was old enough and tired enough that I was able to get proactive about my life. I used all the support structures I could find.

Its a lot harder nowadays though because there are no support structures for reincarnationists in my country that I can see. Without support I have no objectivity and resolution. I'm lost at sea really.

I feel disconnected from nature because I see myself as being apart from others because I may have failed at reincarnation and failed God. I feel like a failure so I can't sense an interconnectedness.

My negativity certainly causes people to react a certain way with me. Everyone treats me in a tough, blunt and harsh manner because that's the only way they have of getting through to me. Unfortunately for them they are wasting their time trying to get me to see that past life memories aren't real. I've lived with them, they haven't. I feel left out in the cold.

landsend likes this.
  6. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

You're not disconnected, Jim. You have your friends here. We are all very different, but still connected, and here to support one another. The person that's treating you most in a tough, blunt and harsh manner is yourself. You haven't failed ... unless we've all failed. Be kind to yourself, friend. It's that that you deserve.

Speedwell, Jim78 and landsend like this.
  7. landsend

Jim, can I ask you why you feel you’ve failed God? You don’t have to answer of course.

I have similar feelings of having failed. My past life death was the result of my failure to get the truth out. I wonder if I also feel I’ve failed God. I certainly feel I failed my last life with a big ‘F’ though on paper I looked like the hero — Green Beret who flies choppers. GI Joe right there. No one sees the story behind all that splendour do they?

We are all part of nature in the fact that we all live and die and are reborn. All things in nature follow that pattern.

Jim78 and tanker like this.
  8. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Thanks tanker. This forum is a great support to me. Its the only place I know of where my memories are accepted. That's what I tried to explain to my therapist. That the resolution to my issues comes from accepting that they are real. My therapist couldn't grasp that though.

landsend and tanker like this.
  9. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I understand what you're saying, landsend, but I repeat ... if you've failed we all have. That's what humans do. I feel the same, but it's not going to determine my life. If you feel you've failed God that's God's problem, and he's the one to answer the question. All we can do here is our best, and that has to be enough.

Jim78 and landsend like this.
  10. landsend

Problem is my failure has meant my past selves family have been wondering for nearly 50 yrs what happened to their father/cousin/brother/spouse. That's a lot of guilt there.

tanker likes this.
  11. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi landsend.

I stubbornly interrupted a visitation dream with my father. I basically let God know that the gig was up. That I knew dreams were a foothold in the afterlife and that I demanded answers. I knew He was present. I got answers through pl memories and my fathers spirit gave me orders from God. They were the simplest orders this soldiers ever got. I was given information and told to keep my mouth shut about it. But I kept taking risks with my old love and had drunken talks with a couple of friends. I let some of the information I was given slip out. It burst out really, the strain of finding out who I was in past lives and the strain of the dawning realisation of the wrongs I did made me foolish at times. As a result I may have failed God with my big mouth. That was years ago though and I've been a good soldier for God ever since...so I dunno.

The only life where I feel I've had any degree of success is my current non famous, non hero worshipping life. Nobody becomes a hero for not engaging in war after all.

landsend and tanker like this.
  12. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I understand - guilt follows us around whether we like it or not. Maybe finding answers for them now might help you all?

landsend likes this.
  13. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I'm sure God understands failure and will forgive. Isn't that the message he left for us?

KenJ and Jim78 like this.
  14. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

If I failed it was because I didn't understand Gods orders tanker.

I understand them now though and I am a changed man. It may work out in the end.

SeekerOfKnowledge and tanker like this.
  15. landsend

It's not a failure if you did not understand, Jim. One thing I've learnt about Catholicism is the belief in redemption of all people. I don't see you as a failure, for one.

Tanker, one of my reasons for recalling my past selves life with such detail is because I do feel I can help in some way or form. There is one possible way of proving my past self came back to America after the war, and that in turn would prove not all POWs came home when they should have done... and most of all folks were lied to. I'm still wary about putting out there as I still have not located the person/people who would be able to prove it for me, if that makes sense? But will just say that a DNA test could pretty much prove it if the person(s) are located. Hence why I am having a hard time... need very much to find where these people could be, but my subconscious doesn't want to reveal it right now.

tanker likes this.
  16. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Yea landsend. I didn't understand....I didn't understand a lot of things. I was a fool.

I understand a lot more now. Now I just try to do what I think God expects me to do. I feel removed from Him though and a failure. I don't have much faith he would give a fool who sees the error of his ways another chance. I may not have failed anyway... I dunno.

tanker likes this.
  17. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Jim, a fool who sees the error of his ways is just the one who gets another chance. Otherwise, what hope is there for humanity?

landsend, SeekerOfKnowledge and Jim78 like this.
  18. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I hope your right tanker.

19. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Now that sounds a lot better. I am sure it will work out in the end.
    And, as tanker says, what hope would there be for humans if God/Source/... would not forgive somebody who has done something wrong but now is willing to do it better?
    Why would HE give you another life, your current one, if not as another chance?
    God has already forgiven you. He loves you. The only one who cannot forgive you is yourself.
    Several people here do care for you, would like to help you, if they knew how. Would they care for you if you were evil and beyond hope?

20. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Thanks SeekerOfKnowledge.

I always fought for what I thought was good. The notion that I was contributing to evil all along goes against that belief in the good fight. I have overwhelming guilt and dismay. If I was truely evil surely I'd enjoy the carnage not be traumatised by it? I must be only human really.

AlexD, tanker, Speedwell and 2 others like this.