Riders on the Storm

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by SeaAndSky, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, I'm sorry, John Tat, but hope you don't mind me writing about this, as well as S&S. I can't help but think of the bacteria GBS (GBS is then divided into 2 different groups where one is more dangerous than the other), every 3 women carries. This can result in premature labors, but does not have to, and the baby is vulnerable to it during the child-birth. The baby can get seriously infected (most dangerous is day 3), effects the lungs, brain etc. From my understanding they test all pregnant women in the US and during labour give the mother antibiotic intravenous as well as keeping the baby under observation after.

If a woman is open during labor too long without too much happening a baby can get stressed out and do number 2 in the foster-water and then get it into its system by swallowing (the lungs are then targeted, but I think the brain can be too) and can become really ill by it (regardless if the mother has GBS or not). I've known of such cases and then the babies were treated with antibiotics and put under extra observation like S&S grandchild and were then stabilized and came out of it fine.

There is also the third option that a baby can get infected during pregnancy if the mother has a rare blood type tthathat the father does not have (and while the mother gives birth and after, these days the mothers are tested and is given a shoot after giving birth to protect if another pregnancy will be in the future.

The mother can also get a bacteria during pregnancy Bacterial vaginosis (BV). There is one that is particurly dangerous Gardnerella vaginalis and can like a needle to a balloon pop hole and water can little by little come out (disastrous) before labor begins.

Not saying any of these are the causes in this case, but just saying that sadly a baby can get infected before birth, and while the mother gives birth but it is perhaps not commonly known.

All the best
    Jaimie

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  2. Li-la

Li-la Senior Member

Only wish to say that my thoughts and prays are with your little grandchild, hope all turns out alright.

Best Wishes
    Li La

SeaAndSky likes this.
  3. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Thanks again to all for your prayers and thoughts. We're seeing continuing improvements, though still in PICU for the time being. Drs are unable to give precise etiology at the moment, but best guess seems to be that a blockage in one kidney led to a generalized UTI which then crossed over into the blood stream with resultant sepsis and septic shock. Apparently they have to wait for swelling, inflammation, etc. to decline further before they can confirm on this. He'll be celebrating his one week old birthday tomorrow, and we're very grateful that he made it! However, he'll remain in treatment for quite a while.

tanker, KenJ, fireflydancing and 2 others like this.
  4. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

All this at one week old! I find it incredible that he's such a little fighter. Here's wishing him well again very soon.

KenJ likes this.
  5. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Good news on the grandson front! After being touch-and-go for the first few days, he slowly began to stabilize. There was last minute concern that his platelet count would not stay up, possibly indicating more very serious underlying problems. It would plummet after the effect of each transfusion began to wear off. However, it finally stabilized at a low level (about 1/3 normal rather than heading towards zero) yesterday and started to build. He's been moved to a regular hospital room for continuing antibiotic treatment and monitoring, but is on a track to get out in around 10 days, though a surgery might be required to correct the underlying problem (which could slow things down). However, we seem to be over the worst and hoping for the best at this point.

S&S

PS--I'm hoping to eventually get back to the original subject matter of this thread!

KenJ, tanker, Jaimie and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

That is wonderful news ! Thank you for sharing :)