Roger Woolger

Discussion in 'SCIENTIFIC and ANECDOTAL research' started by Carol, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Carol

Carol Author

I am sad to report that my friend and teacher, Roger Woolger, died in November after a short illness.

I was introduced to Roger by my friends Cathy and Patrick Sky, when I lived in Asheville, and right after I experienced my first past life regression almost twenty-five years ago. After I read his book, Other Lives, Other Selves, I knew I had to meet him and learn from him.

Roger was an exceptional past life therapist, theorist about past life therapy, and writer. He had a keen mind and wit. He loved to recite (and write) poetry, and could do an amazing rendition of a Monty Python skit, complete with his native British “upper-class twit” accent. He was deep, and also hilarious.

Roger stayed at our house many times over the years as he traveled and taught. Steve and I always looked forward to his visits, because we knew that we would learn something new about Shakespeare, Bach, or Paris, and we would all have a good laugh. Roger and I both admired William Blake and also good mystery writers. We would swap books and names of our current favorite authors. I felt I had really scored when Roger sent me the UK version of Stieg Larsson’s last book before it came out in the U.S. He knew I’d love that!

I cherish one moment, in particular: we were eating dinner in our kitchen and were drinking a little too much wine and listening to Mitsuko Uchida playing Schubert piano sonatas. It was one of those perfect shared moments that brought us all to tears.

I will sincerely miss Roger as both a friend and teacher. But I am glad that I can say to
    my clients, if you want to read one book on past life therapy, read his book, Healing Your Past Lives. He left a great legacy through his writing, teaching, and friendship.

2. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Roger will be sorely missed by many, including myself, I read his book “Other Lives, Other Selves” after it had come out and took copious notes.

Even though I never personally met him, I could sense through his writing that he was a kind, gentle and caring man who was well versed in Reincarnation and Past Lives.

Roger has once again, entered into a timeless adventure, that those of us left behind, must only envy until OUR time to pass over comes, I can only wish him the best, in the realm of eternity.

3. EvenJ

EvenJ New Member

Publisher has not updated the event

I am sorry to hear this.

I have been a great admirer of Dr. Woolger for a few years after finding and reading and "experiencing" his late 80's profound book.

Sounds True, who publishes his audio works apparently have not updated the fact, but one can still hear his insightful discussions via downloads. Having an old tape of the "Jungian" recording, I was very happy to find a digital version there in the late summer.

http://www.soundstrue.com/authors/Roger_Woolger/

I hope this post does not interfere with the desired tone of this thread!

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I loved his books.