Same Family Reincarnation

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by ButterFly85, Dec 25, 2005.

1. ButterFly85

ButterFly85 Senior Registered

Ok so my mom and I were having a conversation about our "ancestors" and our family tree, a conversation that is quite common for a lot of us. Then it hit me, could it be possible that we may be our own ancestors? I mean, for those of us who believe in re-encarnation. I have heard the stories of grand parents re encarnating into a grandaughter's child, or a lost brother or sister re encarnated into a niece or nephew, and so on. You know, for some of us that do stay within our "families." Can it be that we once were our "great uncle henry born in 1865"? I mean why not? Some of us who choose or have some sort of purpose to stay within our "family" may have re encarnated into who we are now. It was just the silliest thought, but one that boggles my mind. Not only that, but we can actually be our own ancestors because we have been re encarnated over and over and over again, lived in so many time periods. The best way I can see it is that we are constantly being "recycled" into knew bodies for a purpose, unless new souls are created, which I don't know much about that. Does anyone have some light to shed upon this subject? What do you think? Haven't you ever wondered why you may have an incredible resemblance to your great great grandmother or behave like some ancestor in ur family tree or people say you are just like so and so when they were a little child. I am not talkin genetics here, I am goin further, I am sure most of you who have had an experience like this can understand. For example, a man lost his younger brother when they were kids, and years later that man had a son who looked, acted, and knew soo many of the things that his deceased brother did. He said it felt like his brother was back. The son was his brother re encarnated. Who is to say our late late family members from 1749 or something like that can't be us re-encarnated?? Could we be our own ancestors???

2. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello ButterFly85,

Yes, I think it's possible to have been your own ancestor. And in the end we're all related.. Reincarnating into the same family seems to be quite common.

I wonder if anyone has memories of that?? I don't mean your family in this life - I know there are many people, who believe they/their children are their (great)grandparents etc. - but if someone remembers a life, say, in the 17th century and then another one later in that same family??

Karoliina

3. elainesbaby

elainesbaby New Member

Could I be my Grandmother reincarnated

My mother to whom I was very close passed away on December 12th, 2005. Throughout my relationship with my mother, since I was a very little girl, I can remember her saying to me how much I reminded her of her mother. When she would voice this observation she would always follow it up with the fact that it worried her because her mother was so self absorbed and seemed to lack the ability to love her children.

You see, my grandmother was a heroine addict in the 1930's and because of her severe neglect, my mother was placed in an orphanage around the age of 8. The last correspondence my grandmother made to my mother was in a letter she sent to my mother explaining that she was sorry for all my mother had been put through and that she was going to come get her from the orphanage. My mother was 13 at the time, but she never heard from my grandmother again as my grandmother died 2 months later from tuberulosis. During my childhood, I always remember feeling like I was the mother and my mother was the daughter. In fact, my mother would often have to remind me by saying "you seem to have our roles mixed up here...I AM the mother NOT you".

As I got older my relationship with my mother got stronger and when I finally had a child of my own I remember her saying to me how relieved she was that although my personality was very similar to her mother's, my love for my child was obvious and she wasn't worried any longer. My mother was correct, my love for my child was very intense, but so was my love for my mother. When we found out my mother had cancer on December 3rd, 2005, losing her was unimagineable.

I felt like I had let her down as I had always promised I would take care of her and never let anything happen to her. My mind raced with what I had or hadn't done for this to happen to my mom. Her doctors recommended surgery as the only option available to at least give her a chance at having more time. She agreed to go ahead with the surgery and we tried to keep a positive attitude, but it was clear my mother knew nothing was going to save her. Throughout the last days of her life I would find myself at her bedside trying to express my love for her and asking her to fight...telling her she could beat this disease. When her suffering got so severe, I realized it was selfish of me to ask her to stay in a place which caused her such agony.

When I finally got the courage to tell her she could go, what came out of my mouth was "you can go now honey.....mommy loves you". For a few seconds it didn't dawn on me what I had said and then I realized....I truly did feel like she was my baby and my entire life I had been desparate to show her how much I loved her and to take care of her. As I'm sure all grieving people do, I immediately started reading books that would give me some type of assurance that life after death exists.

I read one of Carol Bowman's books and a question began to form in my mind. Could I be my grandmother reincarnated? Was my grandmother finally able to make amends for the years of neglect and show love to my mother? I remember leaving the hospital after my mother passed and having my father tell me, "well her mom was there to meet her". Although I never said anything to him, I remember thinking to myself "no she wasn't...her mom wasn't there to meet her", but I couldn't really explain why I thought that.....do I sound crazy???

4. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum Elainesbaby!

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

I find your story interesting - if somewhat sad - and in my opinion it could very well be you truly are your grandmother reincarnated.

Here is a recent discussion on the topic with some useful links.

I hope you enjoy and keep us posted if you have some new ideas!

Karoliina

5. Carol

Carol Author

Elainesbaby,
    Thank you for sharing your poignant story. I am so sorry for your deep loss.

It is quite possible and logical that you are the reincarnation of your grandmother. From the way you described your caretaker, loving role with your mother, it seems likely, considering the circumstances of your grandmother's life and death. She left with her promise unfulfilled: to return to take care of your mother while your mother was still young.

There seems to be a quality to some of the reincarnation cases in the same family that seem almost poetic and awesome (in the true sense of the word), in that we can come back and make things right or finish what we couldn't before. I feel that is the beauty in reincarnation.

I agree with others, too: just appreciate the life you had with your mother--whether you were her grandmother or not. It sounds as if you had a special relationship.

If you were your grandmother, the awareness will unfold within you.

We all wish you the best during this difficult period.
    Carol

6. sannie

sannie New Member

I have often wondered this too. I think that it does happen, especially if you look at the soul groups and how they stay together. I know that when I look at old family pictures and feel connected. At those times I think that it is entirely possible and likely that I was there with them. Then I started to wonder about the soul development and growth. I feel that each life is supposed to teach us something and we are supposed to experience a wide range of experiences. And wouldn't you learn more if you lived in different cultures instead of the same one? But then I kept coming back to the family thing. I know that my mother has been with me in the past. Then I thought, what if there was more than one family soul group, or if it is just bigger than we realize and we take turns going to them? For example, I may be born to my soul group in the US this time, but to my soul group in India the next time and then back to the US. I don't know if I am making sense, I tend to think in circles.

7. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi sannie,

Some people believe that soul families are part of larger groups like groups/clans/nations, and that our souls are closely connected to all of these individuals, but closest to our "families".

As for same family reincarnation, I am convinced that this does happen ~ probably more frequently than we realize. I would highly recommend reading Carol Bowman's book "Return from Heaven", as it speaks about same family reincarnation.

Ailish:)

8. Athlynne

Athlynne Senior Registered

I think it's probably very common for people to reincarnate into the same families over and over. The Celtic idea of reincarnation was largely just that, that souls were reborn into the same clan over and over to continue helping their clan.

I actually think it very likely that I was one of my own ancestors, as my family is descended from the Celts on my father's side and I know I've been a Celt. In my French past life, I actually met a member of my current family, not an ancestor, but still a relative. I sometimes wonder if that influenced my choice to be born into this family...

9. dolly

dolly New Member

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I came here looking for information regarding this very subject. I wondered if anyone else has felt they were their own ancestor. I have had an overwhelming feeling that I was my great grandmother. The connection I feel to her is unique, something I have never felt before. She passed away back in the early 1920's, when my grandmother was only 10 years old. She had a very sad and tragic life. I wonder, is it possible that I could be her? Am I crazy for thinking such a thing? Could I feel this connection only because my heart aches for what she went through, or, is it more? To me it feels like more. However, I can't say that I have any memories. Just this feeling like I am connected to her, and I can't explain why. I find this very confusing, but, I want to explore it further. Any advice would be welcome.
    Thank you.

10. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi dolly!

Welcome to the forum :D I believe that it's possible you could have been your great-grandmother, judging by how connected you feel to her. It's also worth considering that you could have been someone who was close to her, and cared for her greatly. ;) It doesn't matter that you have no "memories" per se. Emotions are one of the greatest indicators of past lives. Think about it, explore the possibilities, pay attention to your dreams and feelings. I would recommend starting a journal to record your thoughts if you don't already have one, as they can be a great help in figuring things out.

Also, as I mentioned above, be sure to read Carol's book "Return From Heaven" as it deals with same family reincarnation and is a fascinating, informative read.

Good luck to you and please keep us posted!

Ailish:)

11. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

I am my great grandfather. He died in the 1930s. I wrote about it sometime ago in this thread

[thread=6067]A police sergeant's memories[/thread]

12. wanderingspirit

wanderingspirit New Member

Ppl reincarnating into their own descendants

What if my late great-grandmother is reincarnated as my son? Then...
    1) How exactly are the two different?
    2) Is it just that their bodies contain(ed) the same soul at two different times? Or do they share the same soul (or a piece of it)?
    3) When my son passes over to the other side, would both the souls of my great-grandmother and my son be there? Or would there be just one spirit there to represent the two of them?

I think that the great-grandma and the son would have two different souls, but then I wouldn't know where reincarnation comes in.
    Any insights?

13. Eevee

Eevee Administrator/Archivist Staff Member

I think it would be the same soul developing a different personality.

Eevee

14. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

15. Hippy16

Hippy16 Senior Registered

Interesting, i never thought too much about same family reincarnation as i dont think anyone in my family has done it..except my uncle.

Ok so my grandma was an only child and her dad was killed in ww2 when she was only 1 years old. My grandma,mom,aunt,me all have the same sense of humour, a humour sometimes only we get but we love it. my great grandmother had a different sense of humour, or more she would get angry and grandma,mom,aunt would all find it funny. Its hard to explain without actually knowing my family. my grandma had my mom and aunt by one man, then when my mom was 13 was remarried and had my 2 uncles less than 1 year apart. my great grandma died in 1973, my uncle (the one i think is her reincarnation) was born in 1975. now not only does he look just like my grandma, and her side of the family in general, but his personality is exactly like that of my great grandmother, they say. same sense of "lack" of humor. the angry thing. he is over 30 and still lives at home with my grandma. which i always thought was weird. but he is very protective of my grandma, takes care of her. she had cancer of the larynx 5 years ago, and now cant talk. well she can, she just refuses to use the box. but he is always getting mad at her for not following the diet the doctors gave her, or things like that. my grandma jokes and calls him her dad. so i was thinking..no maybe not dad..maybe mom? but now the whole living at home still makes so much sense. he is just there to take care of her and protect her, like any good mother would. and they do have a very parent-child relationship, my grandmas the child, and hes the parent. idk. just something i have thought about that makes alot of sense.

and i just remembered, my mom told me a while ago, that when he was little, like 6 i think, my grandma caught him dressed up in her mothers clothes!!! that she had kept! which before thinking about the other facts, i thought wow thats weird. but now that too makes more sense..hmm..

16. Modaki

Modaki New Member

what a great question. I was my great great grandmother. Or at least I am about 90% sure thats what my last incarnation was. (to be short I have had numerous experiences that point to it....including one dream.)

Anyway...if your son does turn out to have the same soul as your great grandmother, then i believe there is only one soul and that as a person above said, just changes bodies when the one being used is not long useful.

If your son does turn out to be the reincarnation of your grandmother, try not to look at him that way. He is now your son, and a different person. :"D He'll most likely have a new personality. I mean, when I was my great great grandmother, I was a strong southern baptist...look at me now. : angel

17. Tinkerman

Hello wonderingspirit. I am my great grandfather reincarnated. It is the one life which I have a great deal of memory and validation. Although we are the same soul, we are different people, in different times. Many traits carry over life to life. I too recommend reading Carol's book. Your question is a good one but there is a lot to the answer. I believe that when they "cross over" they are simply the same soul with many human life times of experience.

Peace, Tinkerman

18. wanderingspirit

wanderingspirit New Member

Thank you all for your replies.

That's something to think about, that it's just one soul evolving/developing. It stirs up so many more questions in me.

To Modaki and Tinkerman: If you don't mind my asking...Have you shared with your family that you are one of your own ancestors? Tinkerman, have you had the chance to share with your grandparents that you are one of their fathers? If so, how do they feel about that? And how do you feel about that?
    It's something I wanted to ask because I enjoy learning about my family history, and what if I was curious about a great-great grandparent and somehow find out that I'm him! :eek: I can accept that we would be different ppl in different times. I guess what I'm hung up on is that that person (my great-great grandparent) is truly gone forever. Because if he reincarnated into a person that is still alive, then he is now this living person. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that his soul wouldn't be free and at peace. Instead, his soul has gotten over being him and would now be working on being someone else. That possibility somehow makes me feel sadder than to think that his unique soul is waiting on the other side waiting to reunite with the rest of our family.
    Regardless of my feelings, it is what it is. I would just like to make sense of it all. Reincarnation does fit in with something else in my mind...in the Bible, it is said that there are no relationships in heaven (like no husband & wife, etc).Biblically that would make sense because all loyalty would go to God, but I could see how reincarnation would make sense in that many ancestors were actually one soul so there literally would not be many (or any) relationships between souls there. Just a thought...
    :rolleyes:

19. Tinkerman

Hello wonderingspirit. I would have loved the opportunity to know some from that generation or the next. But they are all gone. In that life I past away in the 1930s. There were two surviving children, one my grandfather who died early (in his early 40's) in 1946...and a daughter who died the year I returned home. I did not know of the relationship then. I can say that a synchronous and unexplained visit to the hospital put me in her room days before she died. As I grew in my knowledge so many things fell into place. I have no living grandparents to ask. My parents are alive but the only thing I've done is quiz my mother about what she remembers, which is little since she was so young when he died.

I was best friends with a 90 year old man until his death a few years ago. I never really understood the nature of our bond until he told me how he knew my great granddad and really liked him when he was a young man. I firmly believe we were friends then...and were friends in this life because of a common bond from then (did that make sense?) accept in this life I was the young man.

I think I know what it is you are getting at...There is no difference between my soul then and now...we're the same. I respect that life tremendously. As his great grandson I'm awed at how we survived the hardship. I knew a great love then and it is the impetuous for my memories.

I've shared my knowledge with my oldest son and one cousin. She listened intently and was astonished. We share a special family bond and I believe she understands and believes. But the sudden impact of such knowledge can be a lot to digest. After all where do they go for feedback and verification. I keep a lot of this private because there are other lives this impacts. And such proclamations would serve no purpose.

I hope this helps. It is very difficult to balance it all. I suppose I could jump out of the closet, with my photos, journals, and validations....but what would be the point. The attention, good or bad would be unwelcome. I've chosen to live this life, as the man I am today, knowing that, out there are the people I loved so infinitely. I'm grateful they are near and are happy.

Peace, The Tinkerman

20. Modaki

Modaki New Member

Unfortunately, no. D:
    My mom, grandmother, and my great-grandma are ALL very strict christians.

Once I brought up the idea of reincarnation to my mom, just to see how she'd react. She didn't yell at me and sent me to church therapy like I thought she would, but she wasn't too fond of the idea and ended our conversation with, "i've got to get you back in church..."

So now I just pretend to be as christian as they are. :/