Same Family Reincarnations

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Aelfgyva, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Aelfgyva

Aelfgyva Senior Member Staff Member

This is a post that is a few months old, but I wanted to make an update, so as a bit of background info, I would like to re-post a small part of the older post and add on:

Older post...
    A greatgrandmothers kiss!

I had never really thought about same family reincarnations until last spring when it leaped up and slapped me in the face...out of the blue! My daughter and granddaughter were visiting us from Alaska. I hadn't seen both of them for over 3 years, they left Europe when my grandbaby was almost 3...she had no memory of me...sure, Skype and Co. but that was all. I always noticed though, that since the moment she was born, we had something very special...I just didn't know what???. Well, to make a short story even shorter...at breakfast one beautiful May day on this visit, she got up out of her chair, came over to me and cupped my face in her two little hands and then she kissed my forehead, my right cheek, my left cheek, my chin and last my nose...I got monster goose bumps...that was exactly how my greatgrandmother had kissed me as a child!! I had never kissed my daughter like that, so I knew it didn't come from her! I loved my greatgrandmother sooo much, we lived next door to each other and we always together.

Update...
    Further back in time???

I am a lucky woman...my daughter and granddaughter came from Alaska again this year during summer school vacation and I bathed in the joy of being grandma for 7 weeks, not from afar over Skype, but with real hugs and kisses!!
    My grandaughter is 7 now...and one rainy day I thought it was time to teach her how to embroidery ...my greatgrandmother also sat down with me at this age and taught me the joys of needle work. I was not surprised at all to find that my grandaughter was very quick to pick it up and also found joy in making "lazy daisy" stitches on that gray day. She sat very still on the floor in deep concentration when she looked up at me and said "Oma...when will you teach me the "couch" stitch???" My blood ran hot and cold, just as it does writing this now...The "couch" stitch was the stitch used to make The Bayuex Tapestry!!! :eek:
    I don't talk about my memories with many people...and surely not with a young child....and surely not over the type of stitch used to creat this masterpiece.
    Now I have the feeling that my little granddaughter and I have had many lives together and therefore our very special and loving bond!!!
    P.S...I told her that next year we will tackle the "couch" stitch! ;)

2. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

What a wonderful experience! Connections from life to life are so fulfilling when they are realized...and it allows both a deep understanding of the feelings you share and it takes the sting out of a sense of loss for the other being upon their transition. We see each other again and again! Thank you so much for sharing!

3. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I remember my mother teaching me the lazy daisy, and the couch stitch, (and my bleeding on the linen from a needle *****) but you are right, Aelfgyva. That stitch is not commonly discussed anymore, and only in needlework circles. How lovely that she is back, and you know that you have the bond of multiple past lives. Your story gave me "shivers".

4. Aelfgyva

The Eternal Circle...

So, another year has gone by with a visit from my sweet granddaughter and I can see this year the window to her unconscious memories has all but closed. She has turned 8 now and her personality is strong, concentrating on the here and now...as it should be! I am full of love and very humbled to have been able to see into her soul, just a tiny bit, and recognize the soul of my great grandmother. We did have one very interesting conversation though, I will try and repeat it...

" Oma, in my next life I want to be your child" she said. (She knows that I believe in reincarnation, but she does not know the story that I have told in this thread...) I answered very slow for this statement through me off a bit...I said, " Sweetie, you just told me that you picked out the best possible mommy for you now, isn't that so?" "Yes" she said..." Because it was the closest I could get to you!"

So you see...I have the great joy in knowing that our loved ones do choose to be next to us...anyway they can!!!!!

A great grandmother's kiss has ended with a kiss from me...a grandmother...as a kiss to my granddaughter...I imagine now that this may go on for all eternity!

5. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Love this! So glad you had a good summer. Did you work on the couch stitch?

6. Aelfgyva

Pre-Puberty!

Hi BlueHeart...nope, no couch stitch this year...the boy next door was MUCH more interesting...and that is good so!!!! H001

7. FirstBorn9/11

FirstBorn9/11 New Member

Awwww. Sweet.

8. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

Love this heartwarming story <3

9. Aelfgyva

Every Story Has An End...?

My sweet granddaughter...what can I say?

This, the summer of 2015, has been so wonderful!!!...and so full of sadness.

I would like to end this post...

It was a blessing to have been shown the soul of my great-grandmother, but now the window of unconscious memory has been fully closed, and my granddaughter spoke not one word to me this year of things that were...things we had in common probably over many different lives. She is a pre-teen in every sense of the word and YouTube, Facebook, make-up and H&M had priority over our everyday lives.

Please...don't get my wrong...although I am a bit sad...it has been a great joy for me to see her develop into her own "new" life! Someday I will give her my journals and share my thoughts with her...but for now, we both have found unending joy in being just who we are...

There is really no great mystery...forgetting allows us to be free, lets us become "new"...I personally think that is why most people do not remember past lives...

A grandmother's kiss...?

Always! and Forever!

10. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

Aelfgyva,

Beautiful post and thread. :)

11. Beverly K

Beverly K New Member

I read through this and felt such intense emotion. It brought me back to my own situation with my godson. We were so extremely close when he was growing up and he was aware of his past life with me when we were Native Americans. I was his mother in that lifetime.

For quite few years he retained those memories. And then I saw the memories slipping away as his new life became more fully formed. It felt bittersweet. I did want him to merge strongly into his new life, but oh, oh how I missed that sweet connection. I can bring up tears just thinking about it. He is 27 now and working in the film industry. I hardly hear from him or see him anymore and I really miss those younger years we shared.

I love how you express your joy in both of your being who you are. I need to take a page out of your book and focus on that and pack the sadness away.

Thanks for that beautiful post.

wine**

12. Aelfgyva

Thank you Beth. It has been an amazing experience! I am truly blessed!

And Beverly, I am glad to hear that I am not alone...thank you for your response!