Scotland

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by tanguerra, Jun 12, 2010.

1. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I've had 'flashes" of a blond Scotsman hiding behind a rock, watching the Sassenach go by, but like you, never seem to have time to pursue the connection. The first time I heard bagpipes, I wept. Scotsmen in kilts make me "weak at the knees", but that may have an all too "earthy' reason. : angel I heard someone say the name "Robert Frasier" the other day, and felt like I was going to "swoon". I think that was PL related, but don't think I was a Frasier, more likely a "shirt-tail" connection to the Stuarts. Even as a little child, I turned around and answered to that surname, even though it's nowhere in my family tree. I guess we both have some meditation to catch up on, Tanguerra.

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Interesting. Can you tell us more about that?

3. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member Staff Member

For maybe encouraging rememberance of Scottish or Celtic connections, I don't know if I can suggest a few books on here? I've been drawn to and read all three of the lately, and whilst fantasy and fiction, they are written so vividly and with such colour, I feel that cannot help but make one remember. (I have to admit, I do not read fantasy, but found these in a youth hostel, so they passed me the time! and well worth it too ;) )

The first is Sophia's secret, by Susanna Kearsley (which actually has a PL theme within in). The other two are called The paradise war and Silver hand by Stephen Lawhead (part of a triogy called Song of Allbion). They are very much worth checking out.

4. BriarRose

Argonne, there was a teacher at my school when I was in first grade who was named "Mrs. Stuart". She had an aura of warmth and comfort for me, although I wasn't in her class. I told my mother that we had a Stuart relative at the school. She said that we had no relatives by that name. After my work on Ancestry.com, I realized that was true, but I still do a double-take when I hear the name, and think "that's me". I guess I should check out the relationship between the Frasiers and Stuarts, particularly during one of the "Risings". Actually, the spelling "Stewart" feels more "on point".

Thank you, Lynette. I will look for those books. Fantasy or not, I enjoy a good "read".

5. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

You might find this interesting BriarRose.

Stewarts and Stuarts

I also note with interest their colours were blue and yellow. Coincidence? Perhaps. I think not.

I've written in a different thread about my memories of Poland and my experience of first being a helpless child, then the next life a big strong fighting man taking 'red hot revenge' on those who committed what today would be described as 'war crimes' against children and Jews (but there was a lot of that going on back then). However checking the dates, the Jewish massacres, the 'Khmelnytsky Uprisings' in the Ukraine, etc took place in the mid-1600s.

Perhaps it's no accident both of these lives are 'coming up' for me at the moment?

The battle of Culloden was in 1745. The Polish regiment I recall gives every appearance of being this one, the Uhlan, which was active around 1807-15. So, perhaps I made a 'detour' via Scotland between these two (if you look at time in a straight line)? :)

Poland: https://www.reincarnationforum.com/forum/discussion-area/past-life-memories/2052-poland

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  6. BriarRose

I do find the change of spelling from "Stewart", to "Stuart" interesting, Tanguerra. If I was a Scott, it may have been before James I. In my own case, I am wary of making connections with Culloden. It's exactly the thing that a person like myself would do, who has too much romantic imagination, and has read too many books. You may be "cut from a different tartan", and more reality based. By the way, I bought things with the Royal Stewart Tartan on them, before I could distinguish one plaid from another. My husband wears it at every chance he gets (unfortunately, not one of those sexy kilts!) There's a version of the plaid called "antique". I like it best. I will check when it was last used. Mostly, my "evidence" is all circumstantial, except for the scrap of what must have been childhood "memory". In your case, it seems that you would have had "time" to have been both your Polish officer, and at Culloden. I just remembered - the first time I heard the pipes, I was around 17. I remember sobbing, "They hanged him". (?) I don't quite trust myself not to have been fanciful at that age (still am)!

7. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Doesn't sound fanciful to me at all. They used to hang a lot of people back then! Music is often a strong trigger for me and others.

8. Whippoorwill

Whippoorwill Senior Registered

I'm in a similar position, BriarRose! Not sure how much I've mentioned of this, but I begged my parents to allow me to join the Scottish Tartan Society as a small child (of all things! Haha! And I even made them buy me a Scottish Terrier!). I was always bizarrely obsessed with James Graham, the 1st Marquis of Montrose. I've had some dreams of Scotland, unlike any other dreams I've ever had, as a woman comforting young men as they readied for battle. I saw more of this during a self-regression and explored the battle camp.

I've been cautiously investigating the Graham connection, as, much like you said, it seems the kind of romantic thing I'd imagine! Waiting to confirm anything with historical facts until I've got more info to check, but I'm wary about the whole thing. Still, it would be nice to find a link! :)

9. BriarRose

It is easy to imagine you at such a time and place, comforting the young men before battle, Whippoorwill. It's nice to speak with another Tartan fanatic. After doing some research, I found I have bits of china in the Royal Stewart, and some things in "Dress Stewart". I am also drawn to "Hunting Stewart". One thing that I found attractive about my husband was the plaid shirts he often wears. He told me other women called them "tacky". Oh no, my fine lad! I think I might have been named Rose Stewart, but there are many thousands of those, which makes research difficult. A friend is doing a regression for me next weekend. Maybe more details will come. For now, I'll settle for tea and a scone. I'll be using the Tartan Mug that I couldn't bear to put away after Christmas. :rolleyes:

10. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

I remembered some more last night. I couldn't sleep and was restless, so in trying to relax I thought I'd practice a bit of Active Meditation for the exercise if nothing else. I relaxed for a bit then just let myself just 'go' wherever I wished. I sort of slip my mind into 'neutral', but I'm by no means asleep ...

I was a little boy, wrapped in wolf skins, snuggled up, happily asleep. It was a great feeling of peace and safety, but I was awakened by a commotion. It was night, but against the night sky we could see fire. My father and brothers were away (fighting?). There was only me (I was the youngest boy, maybe 10 or so - too young to go with the others) and my mother and sisters. People (I get the feeling they were other Scots, not English) were attacking the nearby village. We were somewhat away from there, where it was all happening, tucked away in some little valley. We kept sheep, hence the wolf skin bed clothes (I just knew [we used to trap them to deter them from taking our sheep]). My mother put out the fire and any lights, gathered up the children, and we hid inside our little house/hut until daybreak hoping they wouldn't know we were there...

Then I had another flash of being a bit older, a teenager and it happened again, but worse this time.They took all our food, burned all the houses (shades of Poland). Again I felt a terrible rage at the injustice of it and a terrible urge for revenge... With winter coming on the whole village, women, children, everyone, packed up and moved to somewhere else to avoid starving. The men (by now I felt part of them) were forming up into a larger group for the safety of all... we were going somewhere further 'north'.

Active meditation: https://www.reincarnationforum.com/forum/community/tea-and-coffee-palace/1906-active-meditation

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  11. BriarRose

What you are describing sounds like a typical "clan raid". I was quite intrigued by reading about the "Battle of Shirts". The clans Fraser and Cameron were involved. In the end, only five Frasers, and eight Camerons survived. When they weren't fighting the English, they were very happy to murder each other. By the way, I started doing research on a Scots PL. I found a Jean Stewart, married to a Robert Fraser, born around 1750,but records aren't good before the "45". When I told my husband that he was hanged for his part in the "Rising", the look of shock and belief on his face was almost comical. He is constantly fomenting political rebellion in this life, and I wouldn't doubt, has been at it for centuries. Perhaps you can get a name for your "little boy" self, Tanguerra. The name of his clan would help. I like to get some validation when it's possible.

12. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Thanks BriarRose. I'll see what else I can come up with. Yes, I do get the feeling there was some kind of 'civil war' going on - fighting between different clans over lands, vendettas, whatever. There was probably pressure coming up from the English raids in the south, pushing people northwards and radicalising people to the point where they were forming up into a larger 'army' to deal with it.

Interestingly or otherwise, X can trace his family ancestry back to the Campbells, who were aligned with the British back then I believe. I once had a flash of him on horseback, being some kind of important officer overlooking a battle from a distance. He was in an outfit not unlike this, with a red coat. This is John Campbell Duke of Argyle from around about this time and his features are not unlike X's (I'm not saying this was him, but possibly some distant ancestor). Perhaps that fits in somewhere in this life, but I don't get the feeling we were at all close.

[​IMG]

13. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Maybe in later life I became a mercenary for the 'other side', at least for a time. Not something I feel proud of (now or then). No doubt I felt I had little choice at the time (or so it would have seemed). Hmmm....

14. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

A quick google of 'Campbell mercenaries Scottish uprising' yields this:

http://www.scottish-history.com/glencoe.shtml

BriarRose, I'm trying not to 'pollute' what I remember with too much googling, but 'McIan' did jump out at me the other night. Blood fueds were not uncommon back then and I'm sure I (and my brothers) would have had our reasons.... Probably seemed like a good idea at the time.

http://www.ccsna.org/jsep60b.htm

[​IMG]

[Looks a bit spookily like X though]

15. Misty8723

Misty8723 Senior Registered

I've found this thread very interesting. Although I don't feel any particular pull toward Scotland, I have loved bagpipes from when I was a child. My mother used to take me to parades, and I would get so excited when I heard the bagpipes in the distance. I would always start jumping around saying "the bagpipes are coming!" I still love them to this day. One time I was in the car with DH and found a station with bagpipe music, and was very disappointed that he wouldn't let me leave it on.

16. BriarRose

I have a few inexpensive CDs of the pipes, Misty. Pandora Radio also has a Celtic station, that you can stream on your computer, or on your TV monitor. One of my husband's nephews actually plays the pipes for weddings, funerals, etc. It's an unusual hobby for a college student, I think. Pipe music seems to be an unusual taste in the U.S., so I often think there may be a PL connection.

17. argonne1918

Bagpipes could indicate a PL either in Scotland or Ireland.

18. argonne1918

You can also stream stations and channels through iTunes.

It's because of all the Irish immigrants. Look at all the Irish names in the phone book.

19. Misty8723

Misty8723 Senior Registered

I will have to look into Pandora. I love Celtic music, have a couple CDs that were given to me as gifts.

20. BriarRose

Pandora is free, up to a certain number of down-loads. You can make your own play-lists. I like so many kinds of music, that they must think that I have multiple personality disorder!