Seeing another life.

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Betwixed, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Betwixed

Betwixed New Member

Hello everyone I'm Betwixed. I'm new here and so there's a high possibility that I'm posting this in the wrong place but I'm currently unsure if this is a past life related issue or not.

This started about eight months ago. It first happened one morning when I first woke up. I opened my eyes and instead of seeing my bedroom I saw somewhere else completely. I was viewing another persons bedroom and it was night time. When I blinked and sat up in bed my vision returned to normal and I just put it down to my sleepy mind playing tricks on me. Shortly after I began hearing noises that weren't there like a phone ringing or a police siren. I began craving foods and beverages that I'd never liked before and when people brought up various topics in a conversation I found that I sometimes knew things that I have no way of knowing.

This kept happening and the "visions" if you will began happening during the day too. About four or five times a week It was like I was seeing through someone elses eyes and hearing through someone elses ears. These episodes began to get longer over time and I was present so to speak for several conversations with people I've never seen before. In one of them I saw myself in a mirror but the face looking back wasn't me.

I began keeping a log of things I'd see when this happened. A lot of it was mundane but some of it bared fruit. I was walking home at the time when it happened and I had to just pause in the street. In the vision I saw someone checking their mail and saw the name stamped on the envelope. I googled the name and only found an unused and empty facebook page. In another vision I saw a strange modern art installation which after some research I discovered was in Chicago which made sense as the other locations I was seeing and the accents I was hearing looked and sounded American.

At first I thought that I was having glimpses of a past life but some of the things I see and hear are happening in the present. Like I'll "see" them watching the news and when I check it's the news of that day so I doubt it could be a past life. I looked into remote viewing but I don't think this is that as I only ever see through this one persons eyes.

I know that some of these things are symptoms of mental illness such as hear and seeing things that aren't real but several things prove to me this isn't just a mental health issue. I know my way around a city I've never stepped foot in. I retrospectively looked up certain routes i'd seen in these visions and they were just as I had seen. I knew the name of a weather girl on a tv station I can't even get in the UK. There are many other little things like this that prove, at least to me, that it's not all in my head.

I'm really at a loss for what this could be. Is it possible I'm psychically connected to another person i've never met? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You.

2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Betwixed. I have no idea what is going on from what you describe, but I'm glad that you feel comfortable enough to share it with us.

I think that most of us here have experienced things that did not fit in convenient little cubbyholes that allowed us to simply acknowledge and let go of without examination. I recall several periods in this lifetime where I experienced what seemed to be "bursts" of abnormal happenings. I can well imagine your thoughts as you try to make sense of your experiences and wish you luck in resolving these things to your satisfaction. I hope that you continue to share your experiences with us.

3. Native Son

Native Son Active Member

Now really Kenj, I know it was not done consciously, but did you have to use the word cubbyholes? Anyone from Chicago knows their north side baseball team the Cubs, and often the fans cheer on their team, by yelling out, come on cubbys! And since these visions seem to be of places from Chicago, these are also sort of like streets or places (holes) in Chicago that are being envisioned by our new comer. Perhaps if more new visions come up, those that lived in Chicago could lend a hand in helping to identify the reality of the visions.

Mere Dreamer and Tinkerman like this.
  4. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Well that was just what came to mind as my vocabulary continues to decline as I spend more and more time without interaction with others - I'm going to have to get a life! I'll admit that I searched a bit for a better word, but obviously didn't find one.

My thoughts at the time were remembering the afternoon prior to having a grand mal seizure later that night, I was looking at some color pictures in a magazine and when I moved my fingers over the pictures I could feel where the colors changed. I could not do that before then, nor since. I later tried to find if others had ever experienced such sensitivity in their fingers and found references to a few others so that I felt a little relieved. It helped to learn that others had reported it.

Note: The seizure was cause by my hardheadedness and too quickly weaning myself off of (lifetime) prescribed anti-seizure meds after my brain injury. Of interest perhaps - several years after my injury I made an appointment with the surgeon that cleared the bone fragments out of my brain, just to meet him; he was dis-pleased at my getting off the drugs and he told me that he was taking them because a limb had struck him on the head while out walking a year or so prior to this appointment.

5. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

I have experienced "seeing" someone else's surroundings and experiences as well, though in my case it wasn't as clear and I did purposely attempt it to see whether it was possible. It tends to only happen when I ask permission (at a spiritual level) to enter their space (I haven't met them this time ... yet). I also have proof that I've witnessed real events I couldn't possibly have known otherwise.

I have a few theories on why this can happen. I cannot say whether they are correct, or even possible.
    • You may have had a deeply trusting relationship in at least one past life, possibly many, and that connection remains open even while you don't remember each other in this life.
    • You're possibly from the same soul circle (essentially a group of souls that tends to meet up in various roles while incarnate).
    • You might have planned between lives that they'd allow you to connect in this way in order to experience certain aspects of spirituality that you might otherwise have never discovered. This may not imply you're meant to meet, only that you need to know this is possible for some reason that you'll likely realize later on. Unusual experiences lead to questions, which lead to growth in new directions.
    • It may be that you simply have an ability that you now need to learn to control.
    • It may be that the link goes both ways (though maybe not the same kind of information) and you can help them through a spiritual struggle.
    • It may be that they're simply far too open (no boundaries) at a psychic level and anyone can tap into them with whatever psychic gift is strongest because they haven't learned to hold their own space.
    • They may be an alternate expression of your own higher self. Some theorize that it's possible for an experienced soul to divide its energy and attention between two incarnate bodies. I'd imagine that there might be some psychic bleed-through in that case.
    Take your pick or add a few of your own.

I know from experience that this kind of link is possible, but I haven't come up with a single, firm explanation for it. Maybe all of the above are possible explanations and it's more a matter of which of them is true in your case.

In my experience, there are either limits on what kind of person this ability allows anyone to reach in general or I am limited due to my skill level (e.g. I can't do it with just anyone).

Also, it creates an interesting dilemma around the idea of respecting other's space. I've resorted to "asking permission" on a psychic level every time, trusting that their higher self or spiritual guides can sense and respond even if they're not consciously aware of my incarnate existence. I do think it's possible for you to learn how to "shut the door" on witnessing their life, though I have the opposite problem in that it takes effort to open the link.

6. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

Hello Betwixt. Welcome and thank you for sharing. That is amazing. I haven't had any similar experience so I haven't much advice. If you keep at it, looking I mean, surely time will clear things up(?).
    ...Out of curiosity, have you used your username on any other spiritual boards or online communities?

Kind Regards

7. glia21

glia21 explorer21

Hi Betwixed - in a book I once read the author (Robert Monroe) made a hint that it may be possible to have two lifetimes at the same time - that a part of you is split into another personality. In his case it was even a woman, but he didn´t have much insight. You might experience something alike unless you can be sure you´re otherwise mentally healthy. I myself haven´t had any experience like that. Must be confusing but exciting too.