Seeing Our Loved Ones Who Have Passed

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by Ladyhawkke, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Ladyhawkke

Ladyhawkke Registered

Last night in Carol's chat room, I have an unanswered question: Since Carol stated that it is possible for a soul to incarnate in as little as nine months, does that mean that we won't see them when we cross over since they may have already incarned back to earth and we won't know it? I'm struggling with this.:confused:

2. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I think that's perhaps the biggest stumbling block towards accepting reincarnation in the western world. Many people fail to grasp or understand the concept because they are uncomfortable the possibility that they may not have a family reunion, as it were, upon reaching the after life. So please know that you're not alone in your feelings.

However, I think there's quite a bit of evidence that that nobody ever really leaves the other side, in that even while incarnate on Earth, we're still connected. You can think of it as perhaps being like at the end of an extension cord that's plugged into the wall. But the wall is the other side and we're the lamp that is pulling power from it.

I've read a few things that suggest that if you do encounter someone up there who has reincarnated, they appear to be sleeping or out of the office or "away from the keyboard".

If you saw the movie surrogates, there's a scene where the user of someone's surrogate has gotten up to use the bathroom and for a moment it appeared like "nobody was home". I guess it would be kind of like that. :laugh:

However the good news is that we tend to incarnate on Earth with the same people. So it's more than likely if you're missing someone, you'll see them again in this lifetime or you're next.

3. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

[​IMG]

I just wrote out a post on another board where I recalled various conversations I had after my 1978 'near-death experience.' I spoke to Professors at my hometown university and they introduced me to various theories relating to quantum physics. One of the theories we discussed was presented in the documentary (Illusion of Time) hosted by physicist Brain Greene. (Eternalism.)

I was a teenager at the time and when I first viewed the mystical artwork of a very popular album - I felt they had put the formula in a very simple visual presentation. I recently had recall of an encounter with a reincarnated 'soul mate' from a past life - and jumped into the 'past' life as if it was going on in the current moment.

This recall brought to focus many metaphorical expressions I used in the past about my mystical experiences with the 'divine' during my NDE.

I felt the band had used a visiual art form to capture a very mystical equation as far as 'time' and the 'soul' were concerned. On the physical side (color frequencies) - time was layered while on the spiritual side (pure light) it was all one frequency without layers (or without time.) The word 'eternal' has a meaning of 'without time' rather than 'endless time." (sempiternity)

This was intuition I felt I had developed after my NDE: that the soul was 'eternal' and existed outside of time. It was the 'beam' of white light that filter itself through the prism of the physical body - that cast different frequencies into the 'time zone' or temporal reality. I spoke about terms in a metaphorical manner that led the scientist to explain the 'theory of relativity' and I wholeheartedly agreed with the assessment that in human form - the lower frequency that was the human conscious mind was not creating reality in time with motion and movement as much as it was an 'observer' of time.

The question comes to mind - are we 'humans' seeking a spiritual experience - or - are we 'soul's' having a human experience?

• For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 1 Corth 13:12

My Grandfather once asked me if I had 'intuition' relating to a favorite passage of his from the bible. The word 'glass' was a mirrored reflection. I told him, "The mirror we see ourselves through while wrapped up (embodied) in the world is -- time. When we look at ourselves through the reflection of time we are lost to our true sense of identity. Only when we come face to face with the pure essence of light again do we recall our true nature and out true identity and then, we know everything as we have always known. We don't exist in time as much as we exist outside of time."

Over the years - the concept of the eternal (timeless) soul never leaving 'home' or 'heaven' was the hardest concept to express to other minds.

I now have a memory of having a conversation with my Grandparents after one of my mystical trips (NDE's) due to a cardiac condition I grew up with. One of my families spiritual ancestors (my Grandfathers - Grandfather) had greeted me on the other side and asked me to deliver a message to my Grandpa. My mystical testimony from my NDE's was relatively new to my family then. (I was only 9.) My Grandfather freaked out due to his religious belief at the time that was more of a superstition than truth. His religious belief condemned any sort of contact with deceased spirits. He got me agitated and I told him I had permission from a high authority on the matter. While I was probing my mind - I stumbled across a recollection while I was in spirit during the NDE. I told my Grandfather,

"Why the heck are we even having this conversation. YOU WERE THERE too! You were standing right beside your Grandpa when he asked me to deliver the message and you was ALL for it then. Why are you so against it now? What kind of joke are you two pulling on me?"

My Grandfather got into a long conversation about it. He was asking me how I could put him in his grave while he was still walking and talking. Of course - its wasn't the flesh and blood incarnation I encountered on the other side. It was my Grandfather's soul. This is in line with the question posed about someone being in another incarnation. It don't matter what form of 'flesh and blood' incarnation the soul is 'observing in the realm of time.' The soul is where it always is. In the light. This concept always confused my family - and eventually it started confusing me at a young age. The whole 'illusion of time' started pulling on my own conscious mind.

On the other side - it is possible to have a reunion - not only with loved ones you have shared a life with in this lifetime - but every single loved one you have ever shared a lifetime with in a past life. At one point in my childhood - I started referring to my NDE's as the massive family reunion in the sky.

DKing

4. Ladyhawkke

Ladyhawkke Registered

I don't like this at all. My hope is that we will see our loved ones when we pass and that they will greet us when we cross over. The majority of people look forward to this meeting with our parents or our children. Your child could be your friend, or an aunt, etc, in another lifetime. This is not very comforting to me. I might add that I am very new to this.

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

My very strong belief is that our loved ones will be on the other side to greet us, even though they may also be reincarnated on this earth at the same time. One must remember that life on the other side is a much greater dimension than we can comprehend. Many mediums apparently agree with this, and further understanding of this concept can be obtained by delving more deeply into Quantum Physics and the theory of a holographic universe. It is hard to explain, but is comprehensible with a great deal of study.

6. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Pretty dang cool.if I say so myself..

7. Ladyhawkke

Ladyhawkke Registered

Thank you for that clarification.

8. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

My mother saw her deceased father at her mother's funeral, and I had expected to do the same kind of thing, but the closest thing that I have encountered is the feelings of the presence of people who have pastover. I have always felt disappointment about that for some reason.
    I had hoped for experiences like in the first Message in this Discussion, but all that I've experienced is something like in the second Message.