Self-Hypnosis - An Article by Henry Bolduc

Discussion in 'Past Life Regression Therapy' started by Ailish, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

I found this article by Henry Leo Bolduc earlier and felt it may be beneficial to those of you who are interested in doing past life work on your own. Please feel free to share your thoughts and comments on the article for discussion - and enjoy! :D

2. Ailish

3. Ailish

*Articles free for public use by the author Henry Leo Bolduc

4. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

That is a very interesting article Ailish - thank you for posting it.

It is good to know that more and more people dismiss the many myths and stories about hypnosis and see it as what it is : a wonderful tool!

that's the only phrase I don't fully agree with - because you do it yourself - than it's self hypnosis or you are induced by a therapist than it's not self hypnosis - it does not alter anything on the hypnotic state though. :) if you do it yourself or if somebody induces you.

And I still urge evrybody to carefully chose the therapist.

A good book for self hypnosis is

Hypnosis for change by Josie Hadley and Carol Staudacher ISBN 1-57224-057-1

Clivia

5. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Thanks for posting this Aili :) It's a very interesting article.

6. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Thanks, Aili! I will read that more thoroughly later, but it looks very interesting. I think we could pay more attention to what kind of learners we are, and that there are different ways to do meditations and regressions - and different ways work for different people. :)

Karoliina

7. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

I totally agree with you, Deborah, I've found this thread really interesting, as self-hypnosis is the only way I have for now to get access to those hidden memories.:thumbsup:

I'm still finding my mind is a bit reluctant to let me go, I don't know if it's just stress, or my rational part (after all I'm a vet and have had an scientific education), or even a fear for something. Maybe it's only too soon, we usually want results "now" and this certainly doesn't work that way. Any advise on this will be welcome though.

I think this part is very interesting. As a writer this works for me perfectly. Usually I have to see all the scene in my mind before I can write, the result is better this way. Then I had this doubt how to differentiate imagination from a memory, and it is true (as I've read in this forum) that it somehow feels different.

At the moment I'm using a recording by Brian Weiss in which you end up seeing a lot of mirrors, and there's a scene of a past life in each one. That's alright, only sometimes the voice speaks too fast for me, he wants to wake me up before I want! So I'll have to try and do it on my own.

Anyway I think it's a fantastic journey.

PS: Thank you Deborah for thinking of us newcomers and bumping all threads that would be more difficult for us to find.

8. Ignotus

Ignotus Senior Registered

Very informative! I'm always a auditory learner but I always try to see during hypnosis.

But one question about auditory hypnosis, instead of regression CDs, can you use just music (Especially sad ones) instead, put it on and just let that scene play out in your head? I find that its easier for me that way and the memories are more accurate than if I just try to see.

9. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

In fact, I am a bit of auditory listener as well. I've always loved music, music inspires me and suggests strong images in my mind, especially the music that "tells a story". For me it's progressive rock, but I guess that only depends on the likes of each one of you, it's something very personal.

I did write parts of a novel that way: songs that I used to listen to quite often made my mind "create" particularly emotional images which I described later. Then I had to make them fit in the whole story.

Now, I wonder how many of these images could be a reflection of "real memories" from past lives. Not that I'm aware of it now, but who knows?:rolleyes:

Im planning to try self-hypnosis while listening to music, but first I have to get a little more quiet music!

10. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

You might like the OM CD, a lot of our members here have had success using it.

This is great list of other self-regression CDs. :thumbsup:

11. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

An older post I thought members might enjoy.

12. baro-san

baro-san Active Member

Interesting. Thank you.

13. baro-san

baro-san Active Member

There are 4 interesting free books on Henry Bolduc's website (he passed on in 2011).

14. FabulousToad

FabulousToad New Born

Thank you for sharing it, Aili. I will definitely share it to some of my friends and in social media.

15. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

The subject of Self Hypnosis is talked about.. but what really is it? I don't really understand in a intellectual way what it means...but I have developed a technique over the years that I call Self Hypnosis
    For many good reasons and for one selfish reason I would never pass on the techniques I have developed over a long period ..I find what I do.. best works for me while I'm meditating
    Without giving to much away...it is centered around planting triggers within myself... I'm not exactly sure where these triggers wait... if they are in my brain or spiritual self... I only know how to put them there which requires very exact and specfic things done in there proper sequence .. These triggers are always based around things I want to know more about..in other words I determine the subjects I want to trigger by self hypnosis while I meditate... I'm never sure when the subjects will come up while I'm meditating but the triggers are there waiting..When they do kick in I go to a completely different level of meditation... without boasting but telling it how it is ... it's truly amazing... One of the reasons I will never share how do to it is.... it took me years and plenty of hard work to develop this ability.. All of this we talk about on this forum in my opinion are all centered around some sort of reward system.. You get rewarded for what you a prepared to put in... that begins with understanding who you really are

16. Deborah

Hi John,

Can you explain what you mean by reward system? When I meditate, I listen to the sound of Tibetan bowls and bells. I LET GO and go into the Light. My unconscious or my soul knows what I need. It might just be a cleansing, or it might be a horrible past life death. I've had tears flow for days and yet had experiences where I still giggle over the prank of once being a little boy and hiding in the hay.

17. Richard St. Clair

Richard St. Clair New Member

That's a lovely story Deborah! Hiding in the hay, I love it. I still haven't got very far with PL regression, but it's on my bucket list.

Deborah likes this.
  18. Deborah

Hi Richard,

Good luck with your journey. Let me know if you’re looking for any specific information. And thanks. Hiding the hay is one of my favorite memories.

19. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Hi Deborah... It has taken a little time for me to respond to your question because I needed to think about it and give the best answer I could.. There is within our spiritual selves a need.. even more than a need a desire to develop skills to have greater influence over the physical entity.. I think you have asked.. if you haven't others have about knowledge I my spiritual self learnt in Ancient Egypt. This is part of things I remember...One of the skills our spiritual selves is always attempting to get better at (that is the best description I can think off) is educating the physical entity to understand when genuine communications happens.. If our spiritual selves cannot do that on a real level then the rest is a waste of time..It can take years of proof for the physical entity to understand the differences between genuine communications from imagination.. The reward system that I believe is there.. that I was educated is there.. is you a rewarded with greater understanding of what is going on... because the lines of communications are always getting better for that understanding to develop .. Its hard to explain...you the physical you must dedicate yourself to making the connections better as your spiritual self reaches out to you... you will be rewarded for that effort by the guidance and knowledge you will be given.. yes knowledge is an important part of it.. The more effort you put into this the more you will be rewarded
    There has been talk on another thread asking why some people are very successful and others are not.. Something like this is connected to that.. Those people may not know it but there spiritual selves may be have developed over many incarnations greater skills of communicating with the physical entity.. Its not luck they are successful its having the instincts that comes from there spiritual selves when things are aligned..There are times during a lifetime when everything is aligned and if you do that now everything will fall into place .. If you don't then that opportunity is lost forever . It does not happen very often but when it does you must know thorough you spiritual self to do that thing that will start the chain of events Most times it comes and goes in an instant.. This is also connected to the reward system.. There are rewards both spiritually and physically as your spiritual self gains more abilities to communicate with physical entity ..as you the physical entity dedicate yourself to this effort.. Your spiritual self takes these abilities to each incarnation and builds on them.. with the next physical entity.. the more effort you put in the greater knowledge you are giving to your spiritual self on how to go about it in future incarnations. The reward system is not always about success in the physical.. Success in the physical has many faces... See yu next time Mere

P.S ... Deborah... I have done my best with the above.. as you would know.. its far more complicated than that.. Its really all about Ba Ka and Akh.. and how that all works.. as you also know its impossible on the forum to educate others about all of that
    One thing I remember being taught was....The physical entity must do it for himself.. Our spiritual selves can put everything in place but nothing is given to you.. you must earn it.. and put the effort in and do it for yourself.. No god will do it for you ...only you can make it happen through your spiritual self

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017 at 3:22 AM