Self hypnosis to trigger memories?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Vogue_1983., Jun 28, 2020.

1. Vogue_1983.

Vogue_1983. Senior Member

So in a lot of my previous posts I have been asking how in some form I could trigger past live memories,but now I finally have found a way.

So I've been doing self hypnosis twice a day as a part of getting in control of my subconscious mind after discovering Joseph murphy(does anyone here know him?) and a whole forum dedicated to his teachings.

I get myself into this deep state by first laying down,taking 5 deep breaths and then saying "I'm getting really sleepy" to myself,and after a while the way I say this to myself in my head becomes slower and deeper, untill I'm in this deep state of mind and the "deepness" feels stable.

I actually have seen stuff like self hypnosis being discussed on here,and first I tried doing it while listening to these video's on YouTube,but those never worked since I just ended up laughing because the narrator sounded so serious.Then I guess I just gave up.The technique I use now feels much more natural,the only problem is,I don't really have an idea as to how I should use it to trigger memories.

With the subconscious reprogramimg I normally just visualise,but that is most likely not what I should do to in this situation.Or is that actually what I should do?

SeaAndSky likes this.
  2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Vogue,

Interesting, I think I'll give it a try. Actually, my attempts with Youtube's led to something minimal the first time, something much better the second time, something less the third and after that diminishing returns. The last few times I tried I always just ended up falling to sleep. This has been years ago at this point, as I stopped trying Youtubes some time back. However, this sounds a bit different from what I was doing. I think I'll read up and give it a try.

Laughter is an interesting response. For me it was always that the scenario they wanted me to follow didn't seem right. It may be what worked for them, but not for me. The scenarios they wove with words were always downward and inward, hidden doors down flights of stairs and secret places. I always felt like upward and outward was what I needed. Maybe that aspect of my nature is what is reflected in my avatar and handle. Anyhow, at one point I think I found something along that line and had some success. I wish I had kept track of which Youtube it was. After that zippo via Youtube, but a bit of success with some other methods, though ultimately it got too scary too continue.

What you're doing sounds a bit like doing deep meditation. This is something that I have experience with, but going into a deep meditative state doesn't mean that memories come welling up with me. The nature of the state is deep, restful and contemplative. Like you, I have no idea how to get from there to "memories".

Good luck!

Cordially,
    S&S

3. Vogue_1983.

Vogue_1983. Senior Member

Hi seaAndSky

I'm glad to inspire others :) I'ts a pretty easy technique Actually,but the important thing is to try and focus on the phrase you are saying to yourself In your head and try pushing intruding thoughts away.After a couple of tries you will notice that it will become easier and easier to solely focus on the phrase and ignore all your other thoughts(and thus get into a deep state more easily,but this will probably not be too hard to do if you already have experience with similar things.).So far I have only used this for subconscious reprogramimg but I think it could also be usefull for triggering memories since those probably should be stored away in our subconscious somewhere (it isn't called our "deeper mind" for nothing)

I have no idea if my failed attempts on trying YouTube self hypnosis video's was due to me just having an uncontrolled "monkey mind" that jumped from thought to thought,or if it was just completely due to the narrator lol.
    I mostly just ended up bursting out in laughter due to the narrator sounding like he didn't want to be there and bc he talked with such a slur in his voice.(I may just have a bad habit of laughing at serious moments)Also like you I just felt like the things that where asked of me like imagining hidden doors or stuff like beaches just felt a bit unnatural and thus didn't end up working for me.

4. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I've used YouTube self-hypnosis videos and found them very helpful, but maybe I'm not typical as I can go into the hypnotic state very easily. I've had quite a lot of information/memories come to me that way.

S&S, if you want to avoid falling asleep, sit in an upright chair that's not too comfortable! I used to fall asleep if I was lying down, but since sitting upright that's never happened.

I also think it's a case of finding the ones that suit you best, in terms of the voice and the degree of 'guidance' you might get from the hypnotist. Trial and error, but once you find one you like it seems to work well. There's also the other type of video, such as theta wave sounds without any voice that can induce a meditative state. I use both types, according to how I feel at the time.

Peace of mind likes this.