Shades of Blue & Gray (American Civil War)

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by landsend, Jun 1, 2019.

1. AlteSeele

AlteSeele Active Member

The Battle of Monterey Pass took place on the Confederate retreat from Gettysburg. There actually were two retreats: the wounded took a different route while the rest of them made their way through Monterey Pass. The battle took place on both sides of the Mason-Dixon Line and across three counties during a raging thunderstorm. At night.

I don't have any memories of that battle either since my Civil War self met his demise on the Triangular Field on July 2.

Tom Berenger's (Longstreet) beard was by far the worst one in the movie. It also changed, depending on the scene. LOL.

Knew the reincarnated Pickett -- Stephen Lang's performance used to drive him crazy.

Kalos likes this.
  2. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

It's pretty interesting what you said just above, knowing Pickett - or at least the one who used to be Pickett back then. If I may ask, how did you come to meet each other in this lifetime and, more importantly, how did you open up to each other?

Ain't doubting you, I'm really interested and honestly intrigued - for a reason.

3. AlteSeele

AlteSeele Active Member

I met him through a mutual friend. We all spent some time together in Gettysburg and have had some good, long chats about the battle and about past lives. He had detailed memories of his Civil War lifetime, as well as his WWII lifetime. It was easy to talk to him about past lives because he was very open about them. Really lovely fellow to be around and a lot of fun. Sadly, he passed away a few years ago due to some health issues. I think he was in his late 50s when he returned to spirit.

Eva1942 likes this.
  4. Eva1942

Eva1942 An Ancient Egyptian Queen..

Yeah it’s pretty cheesy with the makeup, but what makes it probably better IMO is the fact the storyline is so well written.. already had triggers from it already.

Eva x

AlteSeele likes this.
  5. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Something that happened to me yesterday which I've no explanation for. I'm rather fond of the old confederate songs, Oh Susanna, Lorena, Dixie Land, etc. Although apparently now YouTube likes to censor some of these songs...

Was singing along to the latter, and in my head kept hearing myself sing 'Hurrah' as opposed to 'Hooray' as said in the popular version of the song. Turns out the 'war' version of this song is indeed 'Hurrah' as compared below.

Dixie Land

I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!
    In Dixie’s Land I’ll take my stand
    to live and die in Dixie.
    Away, away, away down south in Dixie.
    Away, away, away down south in Dixie.

To Arms in Dixie

Advance the flag of Dixie! Hurrah! Hurrah!
    In Dixie's land we take our stand, and live or die for Dixie!
    To arms! To arms! And conquer peace for Dixie!
    To arms! To arms! And conquer peace for Dixie

Eva1942, AlteSeele and SeaAndSky like this.
  6. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

That, just that.. Scrap the "heroes" part, keep the rest..

"We are heroes of the homeland, American remains
    We live in many faces and answer many names
    We will not be forgotten, we won't be left behind
    Our memories live on in mortal minds
    And poets pens

We'll ride again"

("The Highwaymen" - "American Remains")

7. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Kalos,

Why scrap the "heroes" part? Just curious.

Cordially,
    S&S

8. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

Speaking for myself, my dear S&S :)
    I just don't feel like one. Far from that in fact. I guess heroes don't cry in despair "I'm not ready yet" as their last words. Also don't shoot helpless 15yo "enemies" in cold blood. Among other stuff.

9. SeaAndSky

Hi Kalos,

Aaah. I didn't know what you were referencing. That makes sense. OTOH#1--we all got "stuff" like this in our pasts--including "heroes"--you're just unlucky (or lucky?) enough to remember yours. OTOH#2--I've never heard of someone referred to as a "hero" who actually felt like one.

So, "hero" or not, you're in good company . . . or at least, you have lots of company. o_O

Cordially,
    S&S

Kalos likes this.
  10. Eva1942

Landsend,

I always was fond of 'Oh Susanna'. Never was able to work out why or where it was from. Now I have established that it possibly ( or most likely) stems from my Civil War lifetime I thank you for this! :)

Eva x

ps. here's a link with the original 1848 lyrics :)

landsend likes this.
  11. Eva1942

12. AlteSeele

AlteSeele Active Member

13. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

AlteSeele, I'm sorry for not greeting you after your earlier posts I was having computer problems and relying on my phone. You do not reveal much in your profile and you have posted only short messages; I'm curious as to what brought you here and if you have a longer "testimony" that you have written somewhere - welcome to the forum!

14. landsend

I was not really exposed to any of this growing up in ol Blighty, it’s all new to me. Same with Vietnam, though. What surprised me is how I seemed to intuitively know things. Just like Vietnam I really don’t want to know about the Civil War if I can help it.

From what I’ve seen in dreams and various memories through the years I’ve been involved in all major battles that shaped America: the Revolutionary War, Civil War, then Vietnam.

My soul is connected to that land, yet here I am. This life I’ve a severe case of displacement in more ways than one. Confused doesn’t touch it.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  15. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I'd welcome you back in a heart-beat!

landsend and SeaAndSky like this.
  16. SeaAndSky

Hi Landsend,

I've seen the gender swing thing in other cases following the traumatic deaths of soldiers--an archetypal "male" way to die. It sounds like the national swing is related in the same way to being an American. This is especially true as you didn't just get killed by the enemy because you were an American soldier; you got betrayed as an American soldier and patriot by your own country and countrymen.

Based on this, I'm not surprised that you would choose to take a break from the U.S.A. as well as a break from being male. However, it sounds like this alternative also grates and is difficult to get used to. I'm thinking you may opt again for the "male" side of things next time around. Are you thinking that you might make the decision to give the U.S. another try next time around. . . . if it is still around?

Cordially,
    S&S

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  17. landsend

The big realisation of my life (as in, freight train hit me and dragged me along for some miles), was that nothing changed apart from my bio gender, as in, was born male in my brain. Did my past self(selves?) have anything to do with it? Perhaps. My mom knew I was a boy when she was carrying me, and knew it when I was born, too, despite the docs and my body telling her I was not. Wasn't wishful thinking, either. She told me she wished me to be a girl.

So in some ways that choice, the choice to be me is here with me right now. Medical advancement and growing social acceptance means I can take hormones or surgery to do that.

I'm nomadic by nature so don't think I'll stick in England till the end of my days. Where will I go next? Not sure. Have lived in Spain. Am here for family. Anything is possible.

I've seen glimpses of a future life that seems to be on/near the East coast of what we currently know as North America. Didn't seem too far in the future. How much can one take this as gospel though? I see it as a strong potential of a future life, and yup, you guessed it, was biologically male (at least I think I was), and was serving once again in some military branch. Did not see much beyond that, apart from being pretty happy and having a good upbringing with a strong father figure in my life.

Without going to further off topic, just want to close this by saying you made some valid points there. I've been carrying a huge gaping wound around with me for a very, very long time, and innately knew, around the age I found about my gender (about five years old), that this gaping wound had to be put in a box for 'another day'. Cannot even describe in words what that wound is. It is sheer pain, and hurt, and my soul needed to heal. Guess this life is what I needed to do that.

Or maybe I'm a fugitive, hiding out here till it washes over me. Think it's probably both things.

Speedwell and SeaAndSky like this.
  18. SeaAndSky

Hi Landsend,

If you're a fugitive, you're not one anyone is chasing at this point. That is all done. Mostly I think you have been a fugitive from hurt and your own memories. Probably mostly from the knowledge of what those guys did to you when you should have been at home safe in your own country. Someday I hope all of that stuff will be out in the open. In the meantime, . . . a life away from that kind of action for healing.

However, it leaves a lot for you to decide in the present. I can't advise one way or another on the type of change you are contemplating, and that is not from lack of understanding on my part. It's just too hard of a decision, and too personal a decision. Plus, too many other people to think about once you get a few years behind you. Only you can weigh it all and decide.

Anyhow, I'm glad that the good ol' U.S. of A. is still around in the time you mention. Despite the constant drumbeat of hate, I'm still a big fan of my native land. Actually, I wish the same to everyone.

Cordially,
    S&S

landsend likes this.
  19. Eva1942

In New Zealand where I grew up, the emphasis was heavily placed on the ‘Anzacs’ and their exploits in war. It was all rather boring for me, and somehow I ‘knew’ there was more to WWII than just the Anzacs.

Just like you, it surprised me how I intuitively knew these things too. Do you think that your fear of knowing more about either war is because you don’t wish to confront the rawness and hurt from these times? In order to heal, first one must confront all the uncomfortable feelings in order to feel better.

I hope you do find the courage one day to face these wars. It’s tough and sometimes down right hurts but isn’t that why we seek out these forums?

Eva x

landsend likes this.
  20. Eva1942

Was he involved in the Battle of Gettysburg Martin? I was doing some further research and finished watching 'Gettysburg' and noticed that Pickett's division was wiped out. Probably might explain further more my depression over how I had lost not only my brother, but my friends too. I have this feeling that perhaps some nights I sat in my 'drinking chair' near the fire thinking about the war too. Not to sure how or why I feel this, but it is something I can see myself doing.

From those 'post war' memories I saw, I looked older than what I saw myself at Gettysburg. Also that I walked with a cane/walking stick, as well as having the chest injuries reminder. what made this interesting is that I kept seeing a woman, and I had the very strong feeling that she was my frustrated wife. I don't feel I lived past the 1870's or even the very early 1880's.

Eva x