• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Shared stories

Iplohika

Senior Registered
I just thought if anyone was interested I'd share some of what I found in my past lives. Maybe others might want to do the same and they're welcome. I personally love to hear about what others have found and how it has affected their present lives.

In one past life I think I was a flower child in the late sixties. I don't know if I was one specifically, but I seemed to dress that way. It's really weird because I have never done any sort of drug outside of cigarettes and alcohol within this lifetime (except the light narcotic the hospital gives you while you are in labor when you don't take the epidural). Still, I know what it is like to be high. I expecially feel this way with specific songs from 1967-1969. I hear these specific songs and I can remember what I felt like and the surroundings that go with those memories. I can't see my surroundings, I can just feel them like one does when you close your eyes in any given situation. I think that the reason that I remember this is because I must have died of an overdose somewhere around 1969. I get the impression that I only meant to use drugs recreationally and didn't intend on getting hooked (but isn't that what usually happens?) In this lifetime I have seen no point in using them. I already know what it feels like, and I have no desire to feel that way again. Let alone the consequences of using them. This is obviously a past life that has had a very positive effect on my present one, even before I knew about it.

Also, I think that I was really against Vietnam. That is just an impression that I get. However, my father in this lifetime was a Vietnam Veteran who was not treated very well upon his return to the U.S.

(By the way, I was born in 1972 in this lifetime)
Iplohika

Hi Iplohika,

I loved your story..probably because it hit a familiar note regarding my own family. My middle daughter does not do drugs -- yet she has had numerous memories that are triggered by listening to music like the Doors.

Before I knew anything about her memories --my son - who is also a born again hippie LOLOL at the ripe age of 16 ..left his Doors CD in the truck..I turned it on and my daughter and I were listening to it. Suddenly I began to get flashes of a young blonde girl about 20 years old ....looking at herself in the mirror..shooting up heroin. She was beautiful!
There was a young man with her on the floor also shooting up.

My daughter suddenly began to tell me what she was feeling as well as what she looked like in her last life as she was listening to the CD. She said - "Mom..I think I died that day of an overdose"

We spent some time comparing visions....they matched..it became a great validation for her...and an eye opening event for me!

Thanks for starting the thread!

------------------
Love,
Deborah

Lifes experiences weave a tapestry of knowledge

[This message has been edited by Deborah (edited 07-19-2001).]

....born again hippie...

I love that Deborah!!

hope you don't mind, but I've got to file that for future use,
Mark

Deborah,

Wow! I have never heard about anyone having a similar experience before. Of course, I'm fairly new to this forum too. Still, it is really cool.

What I think is really neat about that last life that I talked about is that I remember it pretty well (given that it was a past life). This might be because my family not only believed in reincarnation but believed in other abilities too. They encouraged me to remember and seek out this kind of stuff. In my family it was never passed off as fanciful stuff or imagination. Thanks to them, I think that I have been able to reap more benifits from it.

I am still learning from my past lives. I just hope that I can do the same for my children that my parents did for me. This seams to be the case in your own family too and I think its wonderful.

I forgot that I was also going to mention another past life that I don't remember so well. Music from about 1967-1969 obviously has an effect on me, but so does swing music from the 1930's. My memories are not at all clear about this time. Just that when I hear this music I want to dance a certain way that I remember doing, but I can't get my feet to move quite the same. It is actually kind of frustraiting. Also, I danced with my dad in this lifetime a lot when I was growing up. Dancing to this kind of music came very easily to me. Like I had done it before.

Music has obviously had a large affect on me. I wonder if music can be used by others to learn about certain past lives. Being an anthropologist/archaeologist I know that music has always been a big part of any culture. This was just a thought.

Hi,

Mark..feel free!!! My son actually refers to himself that way..it makes me chuckle every time.

Iplodika, you are an anthropologist? I loved anthropology in school..almost minored in it. And I think you are definietly on to something.

I mean Music, creates vibration..those vibrations are felt within our body..not just in our ears..and this can trigger memories.. it is said..the "body remembers."

As far as shared memories go -it runs in the family! LOL And it is a great form of validation - especially when they happen without any previous intention...they flow like the "waves of the ocean". I like that phrase..a good friend of mine uses it a lot. It fits.

------------------
Love,
Deborah

Lifes experiences weave a tapestry of knowledge

i have never actually had a past life experience but i believe i did live in the 1950's era. i love everything about that time. the music,cars clothes,movies. the whole family lifestyle. i am just very drawn to that eara. i have been since i was a little girl. so i believe that if i have a past life its some where in that time period.

ccouey,
You may have really enjoyed your life during the 50's. I found out recently that it can work the other way around too. Sometimes, if you really hated a particular life, you have an aversion to anything strongly related to it.

Hi

I studied anthropology in Mexico and I fully agree that music is a wonderful and powerful medium to open up ones mind an to remember past lives. A many of my past life memories I recalled listening to my favorite CD’s.
Usually, I would have listened to a certain melody ten or twenty times just loving the music. And then, suddenly, kind of a “window of feelings” opens within my body or my spirit and I see imaginary pictures which become a movie as the song goes on.
It’s a beautiful feeling and usually I get a lot of goose bumps.

Dieter

whoa, iplohika, your post really strikes a chord with me.
i am completely entranced by the music of the sixties -- especially hendrix, the stones, and the doors. when listening to jimi,in particular, i feel like i'm entering another universe! maybe that was just his genius, but there is something about his music that really opens something up for me. its hard to explain, but i think you have an idea of what i'm talking about. i'm actually listening to electric ladyland right now, just in case you wanted to know! i think my description of what happens to me when i listen to this may sound like a trip, which its not since i've never done acid, but i'm for real. i feel a very strong connection to the music, and indeed the entire culture of the 60's, and have often wondered if i may have lived a life then. i think that one would have a strong reaction to the music of this decade, especially, had one lived then, because the music was such a huge part of the 60's. rock and roll was taking off -- the 60's and early to mid 70's is when the greatest rock and roll was ever written (feel free to argue with me). it inspired a gigantic amount of young people to question authority, question vietnam, and question the future. it really changed the country and the world. maybe i'm being a bit melodramatic! but take any college course focusing on the 60's and you'll see that quite a bit of your time will be devoted to dylan and the beatles. they were that important. and if you lived a past life then, the music would still be with you.

i do have a question for you: what groups or type of music do you find to have the most impact on you?

--charlotte

I do know how you feel. I get that same feeling with certain songs. I don't get the same feelings with music after 1970, which is why I think I overdosed before then. I don't agree that it was the greatest music, but it all played an essential part in many transitions (in music, attitudes, America, etc.)

Back