• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Shifting of Earth's Axis

J

journey33

Not sure if this is the folder this should go under but I have done much reading over the last 5 years or so and in many many of the books there is discussion about our future and an apparent impending shifting of the Earth's axis. I think it relates to this topic because apparently many who are incarnated today are here for the purpose of enlightining others to this event and also to help in making the transition to the world that will be after this event.

Any thoughts?

------------------
It is good to have an end to journey towards, but in the end, all that matters is the journey.

I have read about this for so many years and now,it seems to me we might have avoided it according to Kryon's teachings and books.Maybe you would like to read about it?
Gisele

Hi Journey33,

Welcome to the forum. I have read all your posts and am very intrigued by your depth of understanding and your personal journey.

It's funny that you would post this only two minutes before I posted about my memory in Ancient Egypt. I did not see yours until after I had done so. At the end of my post I was stating that ..."they would no longer be able to do so..." What I didn't add to my post was why.

The earth was going to shift, and the alignments that allowed for the work that was done in the pyramids would no longer be possible.... due to the shift.

So -- welcome!

------------------
Love,
Deborah

Lifes experiences weave a tapestry of knowledge

Well Deborah, now you have ME intrigued! I have not read your post yet but saw it 3 times and meant to but wrote my post first. I am going to read it now.

Are you saying that the shift is not to occur now? Last I read it was supposed to happen at the close of this last century but now it is "postponed" for a couple of decades yet. I am somewhat new in this axis shifting stuff but it has truly drawn my attention.

------------------
It is good to have an end to journey towards, but in the end, all that matters is the journey.

HI Again,

LOLOL -- Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant that the earth had undergone a shift back in 3500BC. But what I didn't say was that I think it will undergo another shift soon and it will be due to this shift - that the veils of perception will again be opened.

I have visitors today so have to make it brief, soooooo I am not explaining myself very well!!!!!!!!! I will be back later!

------------------
Love,
Deborah

Deborah

Well, if I had read your post first I would have understood! Duh! And now that makes sense. I have understood that there have been several shifts of the axis in the history of the Earth and am intrigued at the prosepect of possibly being here when another one occurs. I have read about the possibility (although most sources say it is a probability not alterable.. just the actual timing of it is)most notably from Edgar Cayce. Also, I am currently reading a series of books by Ruth Montgomery that talk in specific detail about this event and its ramifications.

If you asked me 5 or 6 years ago what I thought of spirituality or anything "otherworldly" I would have responded with a blank look. An event that happened to me back in about 1994 has caused me to be on this major and RAPID change of awareness where I have seemed to, oh for lack of better explanation, just change!

Well, in any event, I will be curious to see what others have to say on this topic.

------------------

I too,have first read about the shift by Ruth Montgomery in the 80's.I had never read that it would actually be avoided until about 3 years ago in the Kryeon books.They explain in the books what would have caused it ,when and how it was avoided.Very interesting reading...if anyone's interested... Hope this helps in any way
Gisele

Hi All,

Dear Journey...Like Deborah, I have been reading over your posts with much interest, and don't go apologising for long posts, otherwise I will have to start all over again as well...LOL...seems our fingers have something in common.

I have read many theories regarding the Earth shift, but unfortunately have none at my disposal to quote from right now, as always, prophecies and their dates alter from time to time, so I'm sure they are many variations on the actual date in question when it arises....maybe the actuality of the matter is, is that maybe WE are solely responsible for this shift and so in effect we dictate this event and it's occurrence with "our Earth"????

I must read over some of my old books and come back to this thread...interesting discussion.

Lots of Love

------------------
Kelly

[This message has been edited by Kelly (edited 02-18-2001).]

Hi all,

Well, the impending shift has been told to me even by Spiritual Guides. I was told that, when it occurs, it will bring about great changes (earthquakes, erruptions, tidal waves etc etc). Not the end of the world, as this is almost impossible (even the collision with the asteroid that decimated the dinossaurs was not enough to end the whole world), but great changes will occur. When? Not even the angels in heaven know. I hope we are not back at that apocaliptic mentality of the end of the millenium, but I find it interesting that a Spiritual Guide should have told me exactly the same as you are claiming others have been saying. Are we responsible? Yes! Always... We all know how much mankind has been tampering with nature and the world as of late. How this can bring about a shift in the world's axis? That I cannot say... Perhaps through the melting of the polar caps? Who knows...

Love,

Charles

Thank you all for your warm responses. The Kryon books are not familiar to me. As I understood it, there are many things that are "in control" of mankind as far as changing probabilities but that the axis change was one of those things that we did not have control over.. only over "when". I would be the first to say "whew" however if this was no longer an inevitable! What it does tell me is that we as a whole must really be on a spiritual rise to have averted such a thing (along with the supposed major wars that were supposed to occur in the late 80's.) One thing I have also learned is that God's Grace can supercede such an event as well. Who can tell!

------------------

I used to study the pole shift predictions - read quite a few books and articles on it back in the 1980s. My take on that prediction is pretty much the same as my take on most predictions. We are always beings with freedom of choice and our choices are always affecting our future, individually and collectively.

I do feel that humanity as a whole has the power to affect whether or not a pole shift happens, how it happens, when it happens, etc. I don't think this is something an individual can affect. I feel it takes a shift in human consciousness to make such a powerful change.

Personally I no longer expect a pole shift anytime soon (in this lifetime)

Blessings,

Bob

------------------
Healing the Heart of Humanity, One Heart at a time

You're invited to my website -
http://www.youaredivine.com

Whew!

------------------

Journey

I couldn't help but throw a book recommendation your way, considering a few of the aspects covered here in this here thread....

I think you would enjoy The Isaiah Effect by Gregg Braden, it covers the ancient mode of prayer, gained from ancients texts such as 'The Dead Sea Scrolls' and considers aspects similar to this discussion.

Thought you might enjoy it.

Lots of Love

------------------
Kelly

[This message has been edited by Kelly (edited 02-20-2001).]

Kelly,

You are NOT going to believe this. I have been reading the boards for a few days now and also had a discussion with someone in person 2 days ago. In both the board discussions and with this person, that book came up. I literally said last night, if I see one more reference to that book, I will definitely read it.

Then I see your post today.... "doo doo doo doo" (twilight zone music....)

So, off to the library!

Jodie

------------------

HI,

It's the BEST book I have ever read...it's am must! So now here's another person telling you the same thing! It's a 2000 release though - I hope your Library has it!

Kelly -I see you loved it!

------------------
Love,
Deborah

Very much so Deborah..and I haven't stopped quoting him since...LOL

Thanks a lot for the recommendation, now I've just got to get that other one you recently mentioned by Bauval and Hancock.

Journey...glad to add a little bit of sychronicity....I don't think you'll be disappointed.

First one who came up with the pole shift theory was Albert Einstein. Then geologist found it had happened about 10.000 years ago the last time. Today the north pole is wandering a little faster than normaly, kind of troubling for navigation they say. Then the earth magnetism is decreasing rapidly since about 100 years. If it goes on like that in about another 100 years it would be at zero and then no life as we know it is possible.
If a pole shift occurs I doubt any mamal would survive, but who can say. According to Einstein it is not the earths magnetic field that changes but the earths crust will slide around the fluid magma till the north pole may appear to be on the equator (maybe at Giza). The tidal waves would be some 100 meters high. Science is just more wicked than any witchcraft.

Justin

Okay, since you guys are talking about Polar shifts i'll put my two cents in. Justin, you said one occured 10,000 years ago right? And nothing could survive a polar shift? Well, humans have been here for quite longer then 10,000 years, modern humans have been around that long. Were not that young ^-^

All a polar shift means is that the poles reverse. The earth doesn't flip over or anything funky like that (all though i know you didn't say thats what happens i'm using that as an example because this is how my dad and geology teacher have explained it to me) All that happens is Magnetic North become Magnetic South and vis versa. This would deliver quite a blow to technogoly, but geolocial records show that every thing work out okay. (i'm sure there was some increased tetounic activity, i'm just not sure how much ;;;;-_-)

Hey, there may even be some one here who remembers going through one. ^-^ But back to the earth, 10,000 years is just a barley a tick in geologic time, so maybe to the earth its just like changing clothes.

Now, a shift in axis is differnt, thats when the earth actally moves, and that would have quite devestating effects. If we had no axis we would have to compeltly rewirte human symbolism, (the winter of our discontent, eh?) simply because there would be no seasons. A tip a little bit either way could be disatrous.

Well, thats about all i can think of right now. . .i have more college tommorow (yeah) so i better crawl on into bed.

Sweet Dreams Every one!
Ja ne,
Sephira jo ^-^

I agree with Sephira Jo, the magnetic reversal is galactic in nature and does not forbode a major cataclysm. The crustal shifts that were the topics of ancient legends were caused by excessive polar ice upsetting the natural rotational balance of Earth and changing the pole positions.(not a reversal, merely a change of a few thousand miles). This was probably the real cause of the biblical flood.

Yes, life survives pole shifts, still it is hard to imagine how to survive. That's all I say. Actually what fitzy says
"...were caused by excessive polar ice upsetting the natural rotational balance of Earth"
is exactly what I have read from Einstein. He definitly stated that the earths crust would slide. This though would NOT lead to endless earthquackes as it is thick enough. Now it is only HIS explanation. There are other that base on the natural fluctuation of the field.

Justin

Some of your post seem to be implying that a shift of the poles is in some way a spiritual event. How is it possible for humans (or dogs and cats for that matter to have any control over when or how a polar shift would take place. How would it change the way machines work on earth either (with the exception of compasses)? :confused:

Hi Honor,

Question - did you read the link I posted above? I think the answer to your question may be found in there. If not -ask me again and I will do my best to reply fully.

Another question - how would you define spirituality? Is it only a human goal? Or perhaps -is it also about energy and vibration?

I know that 10000 years ago many species of big animals went extinct,if I remember well it's called the "Holocene extinction".North America was the continent where more species went extinct.Perhaps the polar shift affected it more than other places,and since there were few humans there,we survived as a species.Someone says it was actually a comet causing it.

If people are interested in magnetic reversals, poleshifts, etc. read a scientific book, not a new age one. Learn the basic premises of how the earth works - and lots of stuff will be unmystified. If that's a word :rolleyes:

I know that 10000 years ago many species of big animals went extinct,if I remember well it's called the "Holocene extinction".
This is true and it has happened before. Around 40.000 b.c. almost the entire 'megafauna' (rhino, hippos, elephants) became extinct in Europe. However both of these events happened in connection with the coming and going of the last ice age when temperatures changed and thus changed the environment.

Back