Simple, intuitive "proof" that souls must exist

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by GrandSoul239, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Native Son

Native Son Member

I believe that baro-san has weight on his side, excusing the pun, as referring to photons as being weightless, or rather, "messless", which spelled correctly reads, massless.

In particle physics, a massless particle is an elementary particle whose invariant mass is zero. The two known massless particles are both gauge bosons: the photon (carrier of electromagnetism) and the gluon (carrier of the strong force). However, gluons are never observed as free particles, since they are confined within hadrons.[1][2] Neutrinos were originally thought to be massless. However, because neutrinos change flavor as they travel, at least two of the types of neutrinos must have mass. The discovery of this phenomenon, known as neutrino oscillation, led to Canadian scientist Arthur B. McDonald and Japanese scientist Takaaki Kajita sharing the 2015 Nobel prize in physics.

If consciousness had weight, or technically termed mass, we souls would never be all the same 21 grams, as the bigger brains, like Einstein, must contain more consciousness and weigh more, if consciousness=knowledge. But does knowledge have mass? After all, no one here will dare to argue that knowledge is not part of consciousness, would they? Because than we are back to the same old ground, no brain, no knowledge.

2. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Hi Native Son... I was not talking about anyone specifically.. I have not seen anything you have experienced... But I would be very interested if you could pass on to all of us some of your experiences and how they happened and what you learnt from them... my experiences are out there for all to see in many posts over the years ..

3. Shawn T Murphy

Shawn T Murphy Member

The 21 grams is an average from the experiment, and for reincarnation that is enough to show that a substantial part of us survives death and is reincarnated. The parts that we know survive is consciousness and knowledge which is verified by past life regressions. But there is also much more in that +/- 21 grams, but no need to speculate on that.

4. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I see Knowledge as a Tool and Consciousness as an Activity/Process, not connected in any way other than the first being Used by the latter - different things entirely in my opinion.