SLIders, "Electric People"

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by bamboobuddha, Oct 23, 2015.

1. bamboobuddha

bamboobuddha Senior Registered

Where do I start... I have always had issues where I cannot wear wrist watches for more than a couple of days before they just stop working completely. I have constant issues with cell phones, computers, cars, etc. malfunctioning and breaking around me. This has gone on forever, it's a well known part of my life, but I have not thought much about it until recently (I have had 3 cars and 2 cell phones this year alone, so I made it a point to brainstorm what the hell is happening). This really has happened as far back as I can remember, it is quite odd.

In my research on the web I came across a phenomenon called "SLIders". A lot of people who experience what I experience also set off street lamps (I am not typically around street lamps, so I can't say that this is something that I have noticed about myself; sure it happened a lot in college on campus, but I guess I never put those things together before). Anyway, perhaps there is a scientific reason for some people simply having high vibration electromagnetic fields or whatever. I am posting this on a reincarnation forum though because of this page I found:

http://psychicwomenwarriors.blogspot.com/2009/06/sliders-people-who-cause-strange.html

It mentions that people that experience these phenomenon like I have and also the street lamp interference may have links to being "star seeds" or "Indigo children". I am not saying this is what I think, but I would like to know what other people think about this, or if it happens to anyone else on here? Does anyone have any thoughts on human electromagnetic fields possibly having links to star seeds/people or indigo children? Has anyone else experienced technological interference all their lives? Is there a scientific explanation instead of a metaphysical explanation? Any thoughts or theories? a115.gif

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
  2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Bamboo,

I have no explanations, though I have heard of this type of thing before. I believe there are others on this board who have reported similar phenomena. From my rather fuzzy memory, this type of thing seemed to be associated more with folks at the higher end of the recall spectrum*, where a lot of other psychic or unusual phenomena seemed to be more normative, but I think it can also occur as an almost independent phenomenon.

Anyhow, I sympathize. Among the propensities or gifts one might have, interfering with electrical/electronic equipment is probably more of a pain-in-the-neck in our culture than a benefit. I'm wondering whether there is a home-made remedy of some kind, like making sure your body is electrically "grounded" or something similar. It may be worth a look around the internet to find out whether any others have come up with something to neutralize this tendency.

Cordially,

S&S

*Review Scale here: http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/electronics.4989/#post-79380

3. LeaTahuhu

LeaTahuhu Rep

In the [removed] survey What many people don't understand is that few of the things considered "necessities" in created nations didn't exist when their incredible grandparents were being raised. Simply consider the amount of vitality would be spared if each family in the U.S. disposed of their blenders, blenders, hairdryers, and so forth., and just had one TV and one PC in the home.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2016
  4. KikiD13

KikiD13 New Member

Yes. Me. I have no idea why, but if I am upset or anxious, nothing electrical will work for me. My phone will freeze. I walked by computers and they turn off. Lightbulbs have popped. My batteries in my ecig die at a rapid rate (not from overuse, just the life cycle) I have to get batteries every 2 months when they should last much longer. Computers constantly crash. I will walk in the house and the internet goes out when it has been working fine all day (according to my husband), leave, and it works. Things never connect properly. I tried plugging my laptop into my TV through an HDMI cable and the sound came from my TV but the video only went to my laptop, I tried everything to get it to work (unplugging it and plugging it back in, restarting the TV and the laptop) only to have it do the same thing, then my husband does it and it works. He didn't believe me until that happened. No clue why.

5. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Me too, only when I am unbalanced: angry or in shock or....

I've had it all my life... my only clue for this moment is my (spontaneous) kundalini awakening last year.
    That was very heavy (but no problem). A lot of fire and electricity went through.
    Since this event, I have to be careful to guard my equilibrium and I wonder what the exact connection is between this and all the SLIder experiences in my life (bulbs, streetlamps, computers, telephones, and more.. )

Concerning the kundalini awakening: this must have been something already mastered in past lives, because in this life I was not interested in this matter. It means: now my energies can flow freely through the body, but it can be an immense power. No joke.
    So now I wonder if all those nasty phenomena had something to do with potential, but blocked kundalini energy in the past. I guess so.

edit:
    Sorry, I hadn't read the article before writing this reaction. It had the same conclusion as me. So you can consider it as a confirmation or something like that.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  6. KikiD13

KikiD13 New Member

I am new to Buddhism/meditation/alternative thought. I was first raised unreligious but told about the Christian god. Around 12, my parents went ankles deep into Jesus. I never caught on, I just couldn't believe it. It never sounded fathomable. So, I have been experiencing many issues since my early teens. As a child I saw ghosts, not something I share because I know how crazy it sounds. As an adult, I feel like I have ignored my intuition and mind so I have set on the path of meditation and exploring alternative means of spirituality. I had never heard of Kundalini awakening. I just read about it and holy crap. Many symptoms and now much to do! Your reply was very helpful!

fireflydancing likes this.
  7. Stephl

Stephl New Member

This is an old thread so sorry if this is out of place. This makes me feel like I'm not alone!! I'm the same as the OP - can't wear watches, not even the wind up ones - this has always been the case even as a kid. I work with computers and have four laptops at home because every time I have a deadline - my computer will die!! I move on to the next one and then the original one starts working again. And of course when I turn a light on, it seems about 50/50 chance that the lightbulb will blow. Don't even get me started on modems or telephone lines..

The thing that has been really frustrating me at the moment is my car. I've always had the old fashioned, non electronic - no central locking, not even air conditioning. Now for the past few years I've had a more modern car and it is always locking and unlocking itself. Trapping me inside, or; if I am outside, locking me out. And, of course it doesn't do it to anyone else when they drive it. If I get out of the car while it is running (to close a gate or something) I have to wind the window down in case it locks itself so I can climb back in through the window.

At least this thread gives me some ideas to work on instead of just thinking I was unlucky!! Although - I've never had the street light thing, so maybe it's something else. Food for thought though.

8. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Not at all out of place Stephl, I'm glad that I don't have that "magnetic/electric" personality as it sounds quite frustrating.

9. jaelle

jaelle New Member

Sigh....me too.

Interesting that you picked up this thread this morning. I was lamenting the fact that I have to buy yet another phone, and another computer.

I was about to say I don't blow light bulbs, but thinking again, my LED lights became dimmer more quickly than I expected.

Even back in wind-up days my Omega watch used to gain 3 minutes over 2 days, despite being fixed again and again. Problems with cars, motorbikes except for the first one.

Cheap watches are fine, but the clock in my car gains time. Computer and phone clocks seem to be okay, but they sync with ISP and internet times.

End of 2013 bought a Dell XPS, a total lemon. Then a Toshiba, keyboard replaced 4 times; Asus x2, dud keyboards; Acer dud keyboard. Refunds on all. Finally got a Sony Vaio & it had problems in the first year, then other glitches.

Now I'm expanding batteries. Camera battery; and computer battery & 2 phone batteries in last 12 months.

Tearing my hair out. It's such a relief to find other people, and recent experiences.

Hi Ken Thank you for allowing this thread to continue.

Edit: That's the short story!

Healing Wisdom likes this.
  10. Healing Wisdom

Healing Wisdom Senior Registered

In all the years this has been happening to me (since I was a wee one) I finally stumbled upon an explaination several months ago - slider. Weird name that doesn’t resonate with me but I did relate to other people’s accounts on this experience. It was at that point I connected so many things that happen to me that are related ! Like constantly blowing out bulbs, malfunctioning electronics, computer glitches while on calls talking to the costumer service person, credit cards not working, sitting next to radios whose frequency becomes fuzzy, dimming lights when emotions are high- but especially street lamp phenomenon. As long as I can remember, street lights turn off when I walk, ride bike or drive my car under them. I thought this was normal! Recently discovered that it absolutely is not. Just the other day I drove down a straight road that spans 30 miles and I lost count on how many turned off while driving by them. I’ve been labeled a high energy person, a very or too sensitive person, etc. while I realize staying grounded is important, I am wondering if anyone out there using this energy as a positive outlet like Reiki or energy healing ? I’m starting to look into telekinesis and see where it takes me. Thanks for the post, there are few outlets to compare notes with people ! Cheers, Emily

cloud potato likes this.
  11. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

i believe in ones energy interfering with electrical devices and i also believe there are forces that will manipulate these technologies to get our attention. i have also noticed two strangers causing interference with things like street lights.