So where are you from?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Deborah, Nov 23, 2006.

?

So where are you from?

1. North America

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. South America

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Europe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Africa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Asia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Australia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zengirl

Zengirl New Member

Born in Chicago and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area where I still live :cool

2. msmir

msmir New Member

I am from chilly Toronto

3. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

I grew up in chilly Toronto too and maybe it made me a bit more hardy... but heh now I am in my 50s I have had enough of the long winters..

I have since lived in different places.. One year in Switzerland taking my grade 13.. A few years at University of Guelph ,where I might like to move back to. Or else I would also love to move back to Vancouver where I lived for 10 years. Alot better of a climate..

I now live west of Toronto .. in a very nice sized city of 300,000 but a bit conservative for my liking..

soulfreindly

4. Florence

Florence Senior Registered

I live in a small town in South-eastern Michigan.

I am about 15 miles away from Ann Arbor, home of The University Of Michigan.

This area is quite pretty with it's farms, some hills and many many lakes...It used to be just a summer resort area where people rented cottages in the summer and shopped the stores in their bathing suits.....but now it's become a far more populated area with prices for land sky high and huge new homes built on every back road in the county.

The city people have moved out to our area and sadly changed the whole feeling of the town. Many of the older stores have been pushed out for something new....and I no longer can afford to shop on Main Street because the goods are priced so high

The good news is that we still have our Saturday morning Farmers Market with loads of vegetables, jams, jellies, crafts and yes....home made dog houses. We have our summer parades, an Art Fair and Summer Madness sales that take up 6 blocks on Main Street. We have a Duck Pond in the middle of town where Orr Creek passes through and you can sit on a bench , watch the children on swings and feed the ducks. All in all it's a very nice place to live.

5. Elis

Elis New Member

Hello,

I'm from Belarus, it's in Europe neighbour to Poland, very close to the Baltic Sea. It was the Great Lithuanian Kingdom in the Middle Ages. I was born almost near its capital Vilnia (or Vilnus) in small town Vialejka. :)

6. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

I live in Iowa in the midwestern United States.

7. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Personally I live here in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and Love It!

8. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

:laugh: No, most people here probably aren't sure what the state flag looks like off the top of their head. I'm from Iowa and, no, I'm not a farmer. :D

9. dgfarnsworth

dgfarnsworth New Member

A displaced Californian in Kentucky

Hi, Folks--

I've lived most of my life in Lexington, Kentucky--where I currently reside (the Horse Capital of the World...home of the 2010 Equestrian Event). However, my Farnsworth family has lived in the Bay Area--San Jose--since the 1950s. I was conceived in Oakland....and lived in San Jose for a while, myself....and wish I'd NEVER left California lol.

10. Raakel

Raakel New Member

Hey, you guys. Good thread. I am originally from Asheville, North Carolina, in the United States. I lived the first nineteen years of my life there, before I moved to Finland not quite two years ago. I live in Turku now, and hope to live in Finland for the rest of my life. :tongue:

11. Aelfgyva

Aelfgyva Senior Member Staff Member

What a wonderful thread! I would like to take this chance to say hello and personally thank everyone for making this forum so helpful.

I was born in Kalamazoo Michigan,but knew by the age of 15 that my soul belonged in Europe. I have been living in Germany for the last 30 years and it has been a wonderful middle point for researching my past lives!

12. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome Aelfgyva, glad that you've been enjoying the forum and finding it helpful.

I think many of us can relate to those feelings you had about your soul belonging in a different place, and I certainly believe they are past life related. Was it those feelings that prompted you to relocate to Germany?

It would be great if you could start a new thread and tell us about your past life research, but only if you feel comfortable doing so, in the meantime, I hope you continue to enjoy the discussions.

Chris :)

13. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

Hi and welcome! :) My parents lived in Kalamazoo before I was born, but I've never been there.

I too would like to hear about your past life experiences, if you'd like to share. I also know what it's like to feel like you belong in another country. I've always wanted to "go back" to England.

14. Aelfgyva

Aelfgyva Senior Member Staff Member

Thank-you both! Yes, Kalamazoo in Michigan is beautiful and sometimes I miss it. "Going back to England"?? I have been able to explore England and with amazing results! The small picture you see under my name is a part of the 70 meter long Bayeux Tapestry. This is located today in Bayeux, a very beautiful city in France. It shows the battle of Hastings in 1066 when William from Normandy fought against King Harold and won. A very long historical story!

The tapestry itsself was made in England, some say Windsor,some say Canterbury...I "know" that it was made in Canterbury and was able to visit St. Augustine's Abby or what is left of it. I have very vivid memories of working on this tapestry and found the piece that I have posted here as my picture. When I was a child I drew this animal in every form you could think of...my mother would become almost angry and ask me if I could draw something else once in a while. I continued to draw this animal into my teenage years and I love to look at it even today!

This is just one of my past lives. I am very lucky that my memories come to me without problems and they help me to understand my world today, but most of all myself!

15. GoldFish65

GoldFish65 New Member

I live in Newcastle, Ontario, Canada. About one hour east of Toronto.

16. starchild

starchild Senior Registered

I am presently a long islander from New York, but I grew up in queens NY

17. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

I was raised in inner-city Detroit, but escaped to places like East Lansing, Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor, Michigan. Then kicked around California, Hawaii, Arizona, Washington State, Maryland and Duc Pho, Vietnam. Eventually I came "home" to South-Western Connecticut, where my family lives in the 18th Century. However, we do make frequent visits to the Twenty-First Century out of necessity.

18. Six

Six New Member

Hi,

I was born in Los Angeles, California and I currently reside in Dallas Texas.

19. Denomar

Denomar Senior Registered

Ye olde southern part of England. 20 miles from Stonehenge. Not that anyone knows what a henge is :laugh:

20. alyssa.'92x2

alyssa.'92x2 New Member

Pennsylvania, United States. Not planning on staying here after 2014,when I graduate college. :D