Soul age?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Bita, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Bita

Bita B_567

I've read a few articles about this topic. I find it fascinating. I would appreciate it if you share your personal experience on this topic where you discovered you're own soul age.

Benjamin bougis likes this.
  2. briski

briski Senior Registered

Dont have exact length of time. However I know Im a younger soul. I can feel that.
    How about you?

3. Bita

Bita B_567

Same! I've always felt like maybe I was new to all of this.

briski likes this.
  4. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

While going through regression therapy I was concerned with the subject of age, both of the soul and the reality of present life. It was a stumbling point for me. But the doctor I was seeing emphasized to me repeatedly that the soul has no age. Where, or how, she came by this as a matter of factual knowledge I do not know. But somehow it was resident with me. In my personal belief system the soul is apart of a greater "beyond" ... it is, to me, a segment of the Great Spirit, the Beyond ... God if you so prefer. In many philosophies and belief systems God has no beginning or end ... boggles the biology of our brain-oriented system of thinking. But given that hint: God has no beginning ... and the premise we are OF the Great Spirit (whom ever you believe Her to be;)) ... then one might deduce that the soul has no age. Our mortal minds have a hard time with infinite concepts, we want to structure all of our principles on tangible evidence ... thus a beginning and an end. I kinda like to marvel in the mystery, and occasionally ponder infinite eternity ... like a grain of sand ... or stars on a crisp fall night.

Blessings ~Tman

5. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

I've always considered myself an old soul. A lot of my traits fit with the descriptions I've seen of other old souls, though I don't know how far back I go. I don't know whether I'm "ancient" or if I've just been around for, say, a couple hundred years.

6. Bita

Bita B_567

I agree with you. But I was talking about soul age in a different way. What I meant was the number of incarnations we had as humans. So someone might have had 10 while another 1000. Someone that had more incarnations is more evolved and might be considered a mature or old soul. Whereas someone with less incarnations might be considered infant or baby soul.

briski likes this.
  7. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Bita, I think your thoughts are shared by most people and may have merit. I personally think that our return to a physical experience is that it is the better of the alternative ways to achieve the desired understanding. So in that case, a soul may have a characteristic that makes it easier or harder in one manner than another - much like some people lean more toward Visual stimulus than others. Or, maybe some just like it more than others, it would be kind of hard to judge from our narrower understanding while being involved with our physical lives - kind of like a "can't see the forest because of all the trees" experience.

8. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

If time and space are constructs of the physical only, then "old / young"" are only physical concepts too. Probably a better term is "more / less evolved". Not even the number of incarnations should be relevant, because the soul's progression isn't uniform. Most lives don't add almost anything to soul's evolvement because we don't know what to do.

I don't believe you can feel how evolved you are. If you are more evolved you know it, and you know what to do with it. If you don't know, then you are less evolved, and you should strive to find out what you have to do, to not waste your incarnation opportunity.

SeekerOfKnowledge and KenJ like this.
  9. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Given that criteria, I'm young because I certainly have no "knowing" about it plus being near the end of this trip and still unsure of the reason/lesson that it was started.

10. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

There are so many contradictory opinions ... There are so many people who claim to "know" ... Whom to believe? In my opinion, and I could be mistaken on any or all of my opinions, we should believe nobody but ourselves. Each one of us should try to get in touch with our innermost selves, ask questions, and get answers. Most of my opinions on the matters discussed on this forum were formed this way.

I believe that soul's evolvement follow the progression instincts, emotions, intellect, intuition, .... If it is so, then looking at ourselves, and around us, we can guess one's soul's level of evolvement. We all are here in physical because our main focus of consciousness is on emotions, but there are differences in evolvement between humans. We are all in our soul's youth, but some are in their high teens, some in their twenties, and some in thier early thirties (in human age terms).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  11. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Not very many people are willing to accept that most souls are much older than initially realized and that we are already old years without number having lived lives long since forgotten in other worlds and planes of existence. Such is a hard pill for some to swallow but deep down people know this to be so.

Angie Brown likes this.
  12. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

A friend of mine is absolutely sure that this time is her first visit ever to Earth.
    I have no reason to not believe her. She knows best about herself.
    She is not a baby soul, not at all. She’s full of stories about the other worlds she came from. At night, she often travels back to the friends she’d left behind.
    Another time I had a male friend who was so pure (and wise for his young age) that I suspected that I dated some kind of escaped angel on a sole mission to Earth. (Well, his mission and profession still suspects strong alien influences, lol. He is a sound technician, but not for music or bands.)
    When you define being an old soul as having had countless lives, it shouldn’t be an inevitable compliment. Maybe we are just the lazy kids in class, while the smart ones speed up and leave as soon as possible.
    Usually people think reflective wisdom (especially when it is not correlated to Earth age)is associated to being an old soul. I don’t know.
    I don’t know how many lives I’ve lived. I assume a lot, because that’s how it works. I actually remember less than what I assume I did. So it’s still possible I just recently flew in, let’s say a couple of hunderd years ago. That would make me a young soul, I guess.

Speedwell likes this.
  13. Wishhhhh

Wishhhhh New Member

I feel like I'm a young soul, I honestly do not know. There's no place in this world that I am fond of and there's really no people that I feel spiritually connected to. I don't have any special talents (sadly).

14. Flex

Flex Active Member

I believe you are here for maximum average 15 times. You should have done your work or after that you are not fit to be here and some other way of punishment.

Personally I feel I have been here for 6th time.

15. Flex

Flex Active Member

Anybody knows why God created earth and souls ?.

16. briski

briski Senior Registered

The are people that have reincarnated from all the way back to anicent times. I feel its a lot more than 15

Flex likes this.
  17. Flex

Flex Active Member

Maybe I am feeling you are born to someone as new soul from heaven someone in your own family circle.

Person can remember his 3 past life only in my experience . It might be more for others like saints and gurus.

But that's what my own conclusion is. Do you know of someone like that here.

I don't know of techniques that people can pay for and find out.

18. briski

briski Senior Registered

There is a PL list thread where people gave recalled loads

19. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I still don't know what to think of "Soul Age".

I have been around for a long time and I remember fragments of many lives, but if you ask me, this only means that I am a slow learner, lol...

Speedwell likes this.
  20. Ritter

Ritter Senior Registered

I think my first life was in the stone age. Got the impression it was 4000-5000 years ago or so when I thought about it during regression. It was very vague. Before bronze, anyway. Did not see any metal, but there were stone buildings and some simple farming, like berry bushes. Definitely before agriculture came to the mediterranean world. I have yet to explore my full number of lives. As far as regressions go, I have seen six lives properly and I know of three distinct others that are highly probable but not as thoroughly explored. I assume there are several more, though.

As for a total number of 15 as someone mentioned above... Maybe. Depending on what type of job you do in the grand scheme of things. I believe that a lot of people fail to walk their destined path and cease to exist as souls.

I meet people who feel old sometimes, and it is usually easier to talk to those. They are rare, however. Usually, they are also aware of past lives. That seems to come as a result of nearing the end of one's mission here. And I do believe that we all have specific things that we are here to accomplish. Most people feel shallow and brand new. Without much content or direction. I think most have small purposes or don't have a path yet, because they haven't yet shown what kind of person they are. And no, this is not an underestimation. I thought for the longest time that I was imagining things and that everyone has hidden depths. I have really tried to get to know random people, and almost everyone is almost empty inside, beyond the basic necessities and drives. Almost only physical. The vast majority of people just aren't like older souls at all. I think it is because we are so many nowadays. I mean humans. Before, it could take a long time to come back because there were far fewer humans on earth. It is my thinking, anyway.

I am here to do a few things and I consciously know what my tasks are. I know what my afterlife looks and feels like, too. I do believe that I have been shown and made aware because I am on the finish line and nearly done here. I also know I will most likely die when I am 61. Whenever I meditate on my death, I get that answer. That can shift if something else comes up, I presume. I do not want to grow old and senile, though. Wisdom does not come from a long-lived physical body, but from having lived and died well. Meditating on one's death is necessary. A man should know how to die well and to not be afraid. Roughly three decades left to accomplish what I came here to do, which is plenty of time to get it done and get everything squared away for my family. It is kind of scary at the same time as it is comforting, to know approximately how many more days I am going to live. Spring is likely. Cherry trees bloom in may. A bit of a samurai cliché, right there. But I have always loved those trees. About 10 750 more days left on earth, but then I am DONE. Hopefully, anyway. Things are not always perfectly predictable, only pretty much. It has been quite a journey, and I have only been more or less fully aware in two lives, and thus not knowing the weight until then. I can carry it until I get home, but boy, do I feel ready to shrug off this soldier's pack and go home to my Elysian fields? Yes, sir!

That is another strange difference. I really look forward to dying for the last time, knowing fairly well what awaits. My place there is absolutely beautiful, and while I couldn't prove a shred of it scientifically, I could tell you all about it, down to my Roman wine press. I don't presume to know why most of you are here, for how long or where you will go when you are done. I do know where I am off to, however. Knowing that what I need to do in thirty years is doable in ten and knowing when and a bit about how, I feel no fear or anxiety, only gratitude that it will finally be over. Freedom, at last.

Angie Brown likes this.