Soul Frozen?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by briski, Oct 2, 2018.

1. briski

briski Senior Registered

Heres an interesting idea. Say if a person was frozen say for 200 years would the soul get frozen as well? Would it even be the same person if bought back to life.
    I possibly think it could be a different person- different soul

2. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I figure it would be like the advent of heart transplants. The other side will take into account that in the modern era people can survive defective hearts unlike in times past.

By the same token freezing someone, FTL travel or whatever other technological advancements humanity achieves would be taken into account. Who knows, in the centuries to come people could be living an awful lot longer. That wouldn't change reincarnation though. The life's narrative, exit points etc would still come into play.

Maybe its preordained if someone is frozen for a couple of centuries, but they would still be the same soul in my opinion.

briski likes this.
  3. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Interesting question briski as it leads to your having to define some assumptions. Is the soul attached to the brain? Where is consciousness? Is time (or 'reality') such a thing that cycles so that the frozen person's consciousness essentially shifts to another cycle 200 years later? How are consciousness and the soul connected?

Good exercise to illuminate the basic components of your version of reality:).

briski likes this.