Soul groups

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Redwonder, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Redwonder

Redwonder New Member

Hello all,

I had a question regarding soul groups. I’ve read that we reincarnate often in groups throughout lifetimes and that sometimes we have varied roles with each other such as lover, sibling, mother, father, etc.

This has confused me because it seems a little weird that we could marry someone who was our family member in a previous life.

Does anyone have insight on this?

2. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Those kind of family ties are like an afterthought to me tbh. I try not to view it in a really present kind of way. Souls are a much different bond than physical family relations.

inhaltslos likes this.
  3. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Redwonder, I understand what your trying to say. At first this was a little weird for me at as well. However I have been fortunate enough to have experience being out of the body and have had some experience in full consciousness of life on the various levels in the higher dimensions of our universe. Mostly for me the astral plane and briefly some recall on the lower mental worlds. First off as soul we have no gender, no race, or belong to any certain culture ect.. These are nothing more then human experiences that we choose to have as soul when we decided to incarnate in the lower worlds of duality and take on different roles if you will to experiences these different states of consciousness.

The whole reason why we are here in the first place is so that the soul may know itself by its own experiences. So we choose to incarnate with different points of view within our soul group so that we may better work out karma, master lessons we have not completed yet or understand and help each other out in a more supportive role with each other in various life themes be it in a close family unit or as a spouse, lover, co-worker, best friends ect... By doing so the essences of who we really are becomes more well rounded, polished and integrated with a better understanding of how others view and experience life as a whole. This then allows us as soul to understand the bigger picture to the grand scheme of life and existences itself.

Hope this helps out some.

Love and peace.

P.

4. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Klaud, I respectfully disagree.

I'm quite entrenched in a soul group... I have since learned at least in Western cultures this is not typically the norm.

All of my lives have been eastern / asian and generally more as a rule, living closely with multiple generations and extended family is more the norm.

As souls, the idea that we may play different roles in each other's lives isn't as uncomfortable as it seems in incarnate life.

Although that's not to say that it can't be uncomfortable, if you find out about it in this life. I was married to my friend in my last life and now we're both guys. That was quite confusing even before I found out about our past lives together because we still had the same kinda vibe going on. My son was also married to his mom, my ex wife. They don't know about it but I imagine it would be quite weird if they did.

But my whole family is still together. Parents, sister children and so on.

There and back again likes this.
  5. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

The problem with the western mode of thinking on spiritual matters that it is like trying to run a marathon while breathing through a drinking straw as it is too narrow for something that just is. I am starting to wonder how the western mind was prior to the Greco-Roman era even though one of the few PL moments that I have any recall is of the Druids. As for soul groups it is pretty universal experience with moments of there being some exceptions for a multitude of reasons.

6. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi TABA,

Great analogy! I'd love to hear anything you might recall about the Druids, as they are an interest of mine.

Cordially,
    S&S

7. Polaris8

Polaris8 Senior Registered

Totoro,

Funny you should mention this. Because while incarnated we are totally submerged in our roles when we are incarnated and dealing with the lower ego and personalities that we have created and taken on. So much so that we forget who we really are as soul. We forget that we had many past lives with various themes, genders, races, social status ect..... This is why the physical plane is the grand stage of Maya or illusion. Because the whole purpose of this dimension is to make soul think this is the only reality that there is and that once the physical body dies so does the individual. And for the most part it does its job just fine. This keeps soul trapped in the cycles of birth and death ect.. In fact the illusion over the lower mind and ego is so great and powerful that many cross over after death not realizing their dead! Because they still think, act and feel just like they did when they were alive in the body. As the astral body takes on the form of the physical body except perhaps more perfect in form and appearance. So the dead don't know their dead right away at first. It's only when they spend time over there do they start to notice little things that just don't seem right. Like the little old lady that die at 80's and now appears to be in her 30's once again. Or wanting to see someone they love and then poof!!! they are there with them but they don't remember how they got there? So there's is a lot of little adjustments that take place before they truly settle in to their new environment and living life on a higher dimension which obey different laws of physics then the physical does.

Anyway good call there Totoro...

Love and peace. P

8. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Redwonder,

You might want to look up an article written in 1985 by Sarah Belle Dougherty titled, Looking Beyond the Material.

In it she suggests that reincarnation introduces another dimension of understanding. The appearance of soul-groups does not necessarily happen in an unbroken line of cause and consequence. Sometimes there is a vast period of time between lives. In other words, ‘time’ doesn’t matter; relationships are a continuum that span beyond any one life time.

Tinkerman and Speedwell like this.