Soul mate thing...?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Shield2, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Shield2

Shield2 New Member

Hi, I haven´t been active here for a long time but now there seems to be this PL related thing. It´s a little trivial, I guess. I met this woman at work I´ve never seen before. The first thing out of my mouth when I see her is an automatic: "...But- hello theere...!", like she´s an old aquaintance. My voice of itself sinking to a ridculous casanova timbre:confused:... and I´m thinking "Where the heck did that come from"?? Not really like me.

Yes, and well, looking into her eyes was, I don´t know, otherworldly, maybe. At the same time comfortably familiar, magnetic, frightening. And something I could have spent the rest of my life doing. Like a lover, twin sister, mother, daughter, tiger burning in the night, kind of thing. She´s someone I´ve known before, I´m pretty sure. It would be strange if not. I look up "Twin souls" ( don´t believe in "original soul being split in two", though, more along the lines of soul mates of differing closeness), and check off all the signs and a few more, including weird synchronicities etc.

Then I had to get another job, haven´t seen her since and can´t stop thinking of her and her eyes (it´s been 1 1/2 years [edited]). We´ve talked a few times over the internet. But two problems are, she´s in a relationship. And there are a few too many years between us by conventional standards.

And, yes, this could all be just the overheated fantasy of mid-life crisis, of course, but she´s sparked a creativity in me that´s in the real world, producing tangible results. Also, I don´t think I´m fooling myself completely in the perception she´s experienced a similar triggering. And, I keep getting the thought (...about this person I really don´t know that well...but have the feeling I do like noone and the same time never will in a million years..)- "I wanna marry you, **** it! Just ´cause that´s the proper way it should be!" (when I have no intention of ever marrying again in this life:confused:)Eyes and nose dripping to boot... And at the same it´s like..." I don´t know if we will ever be together in this life, might not ever see each other again at all, but you know...What the heck, I´ll love you always anyway...".

I guess I´m writing this not so much asking anything, as getting this, whatever it is, out in words in an understanding context and venting a hot head and heart. Thanks for reading.

(Past lives together could include Russia, first half of the 19th century. By hunches, some images and research. Nobility, military, ballrooms. Not a completely happy one, possibly. )

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    fireflydancing likes this.
  2. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

When I started having past life regressions, I discovered that my soulmate was my wife about two thousand years ago, in Greece. It was a life that marked a special growth progress for me, and was also very satisfactory at personal, family level.

During current life we incarnated again together, she being 1-2 years younger than me, and met at our first working place. Although working in the same small group, we didn't develop a close relationship. After a couple of years she married, and during the year she fell to cancer and died. Some years later I moved to another place in the country. Same year I got married there, my soulmate reincarnated as a niece in my wife's family.

Now my niece is a young adult, and we have a close family relationship. Somehow her studies brought her closer to were we lived, then, soon after her graduation, we moved across the country close to where she lives now, although my niece being close to us was no factor in these changes of residence.

When I found out about this "soulmate" connection I looked back to see if there were any signs of it, with both incarnations. Surely, things could've taken another turn with my former coworker, but they didn't; not even close.

Maybe we just chose to incarnate at the same time, without longing for a love affair. Actually souls are asexual.

Maybe the knowledge I got during those regressions was inaccurate, although it was totally unexpected, and in now way it could've resided somewhere in the back of my mind. I probably never thought about my former coworker from the time she passed. also, I can't say that my feelings for my niece are substantially different than toward my other nieces.

The fact that the person you met might be your soulmate doesn't mean that you're supposed to pursue a romantic relationship. And this is not only because of your age difference, and her being currently involved with somebody else.

3. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Shield2,

Welcome back to the forum.
    Your story sounds like a typical twin soul story. I know. Don't worry, neither do I believe in that half-soul nonsense. We are always complete, individuals. But the 'fact' is that there is a certain pattern. Two souls that meet, two souls with the same frequency. They know each other on so many levels, but in this world/life there are so many obstacles to overcome, that most of the time there is no happy ending.
    It seems that the purpose of the meeting is to light each other's fire and separate so that each individual starts his/her own spiritual journey.
    Wish you good luck. It's not a road for easy traveling.

4. Shield2

Shield2 New Member

Thanks for the answers, I appreciate the wise suppor.

baro-san,
    You´re story is interesting. Funny how the facts coming up in that regression caught you so unawares. Makes you see we have no way of grasping where all the threads in the weave lead.

And, I think so too, the concept of soulmates not necessarily having to be about the romantic follies us humans like to while away our time with. Yes, it could be souls -i.e. us- are asexual. Could depend on the definition of a soul, I think, and on what level it´s operating. Not "a-love", though... But, stuffed into this experience of human form
    we (me) so often seem to confuse the juicy gratification of "meat body drama-romance" only (and being just that, hopelessly temporary by nature) with, well... love. And with that probably often missing the biggest and the really juiciest part of the learning offered.

And, yes, really in my case, I can say I feel a love for this person that´s more "asexual" than not...The romantic, sexual, part is pretty big, too, though *ahem*... And, of course it´s not absolutely unheard of, the two being combined to whatever degree, with blood, sweat and tears.

But, so, yeah, it´s a soul thing first. I have a strong feeling that the times we´ve met before, of relationships have been of varying types. She could have been anyone really, and I would still feel that thing. For example, I keep getting the thought I´m a knight and she´s the squire. Which sounds romantic enough, of course, but who knows... And, come to think of it surely was too, at times, as love and sex struck gaily in the middle ages. *Sigh* she would have made a darned cute little squire:D...

fireflydancing,
    "It seems that the purpose of the meeting is to light each other's fire" Yes, I think you´re right, that´s a large part of i. I dabble in astrology and this seems very clear also with our combined stars. Same frequency, yes. Even literally I think. Two little walkie-talkies spinning round in space. Thanks much for the well-wishes and confirming views, I´m needing them!:D

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  5. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

My experience with soul mates so far has been entirely platonic. My advice would be that even if you cannot be together romantically, you should make sure to spend a lot of time together in person. There is just something cleansing and refreshing to the soul in a moment shared with a soul connection. And you cannot really be blamed if she eventually comes to realize that she wants to be with you in a different way *wink*. That is not to say this is guaranteed to happen, but either way, your solution should be to get closer, and not just "we talk all of the time on Facebook" close.

6. Shield2

Shield2 New Member

Sorry for the late answer, Spirit Sword, and thank you for the heartening advice.
    Yes, exactly. The feeling of Spirit come in, by accident or intention.