Soul moments

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Deborah, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I would love to hear more experiences from others...........

Well - my son Daniel will be 19 in February; Lucas my grandson turned five yesterday. This thread reminded me today - how special each moment is and how fleeting spiritual awareness' for children can be. I hope everyone is keeping journals!

Lucas continues to amaze us Kelly - He wants to be a brain surgeon when he grows up, and asked his Mom in the mall to buy him the American Scientific Journal -for him! The one with the brain on it. ;) He has told her since he could first talk -that he wants to be a doctor when he grows up - and always -he wants to see......."the blood!"

His aunt last month took a test in Brazil at age 17 -to work for the government. 5,000 people took the test -she had the second highest score! So the government is paying for her education and she will be-employed as soon as she graduates! Lucas's dad speaks four languages and taught himself computer programing. SO smart must run on that side of the family! A Brain surgeon? oh my.

2. Kikyo

Kikyo Senior Registered

Wow those are some great acomplishments, congrats to his aunt that is awsome. Four languages that is very cool, I currently speak English and some Spanish and Japanese. I plan to become fluent in Japanese and then relearn Spanish as I do not remember it that well anymore (I used to be a little less then fluent, I even new words that I never learned before). How old is Lucas' father that he knows so much and what languages does he speak. (Sorry I get hung up on learning languages, I find them fasinating, and would love to learn as many as I can.)

BTW: What ever happened with that group regression you were going to have?

3. cacaia523

cacaia523 Senior Registered

Deborah, hi! This thread is most amazing and heartwarming...it makes me smile!;-)
    That said, I wanted to ask...When you first mentioned the name Lucas, which is quite uncommon here in the States, I was reminded of my homeland, Brazil (I had a crush on a guy named Lucas in elementary school millenia ago, and have loved this name ever since), and now that you mentioned someone in your family is taking a test in Brazil, I couldn't stop myself: I have to ask: Is some of your family from Brazil?
    Now I'm homesick;-)
    Just curious....I tried to control it...but it got the best of me ;-)
    Much love,
    Cacaia

4. Deborah

Yes...........

My daughters husband is from Brazil - my grandson is half -Brasilian.

Kikyo -life swept us away and we haven't done the group regression yet. Someday -I am sure of it. When the time is right. ;)

5. GreenKnight

GreenKnight Senior Registered

Deborah

First, lovely picture! :)

My daughter Emily is 3 1/2. Because her mother and I are expecting a second child in March (another girl), Emily and I have been spending lots of time together to give her mom some rest.
    In the past Emily has brought up what can only be memories of a PL in Japan. We have always encouraged her to talk about this whenever she wants to. She knows it is OK.

My question is what would be the appropiate age for her to meditate like your son and you did together? Is she too young now? What is your opinion?

6. Deborah

Sorry I missed your question earlier

HI Greenknight,

I see nothing wrong with some quiet time -an inner focus for 10 -20 minutes; allowing her and you to just see what happens. Do it with her -hold her hand if she will lay down with you for a little while - and set a timer so you both know when the time is up. It's OK-at all times for children to get in touch with themselves. :)

Be sure to let her know - you are there - and surround her in light.........and love. Everything else will follow.

Let us know what happens -will you? And Thanks ;)

7. MJN

MJN New Member

Hi there,

I had a bit of a 'soul moment', as you would say with my own 3 and a half year old son. We were watching an Arabic market (no sure where exactly) on the television and suddenly his eyes lit up and he became very animated. He rushed over and squeezed my shoulder saying, 'Mummy, Mummy, that's where we were before I was in your tummy'!

He had made several references previously to being my husbands (his father) father before and often has said things like 'that's what we did when I was your Daddy'. But this was the first time he'd mentioned a life with me.

Thanks,
    Mandy

8. bishopk

bishopk Senior Registered

Hi MJN! Sounds like your son's given you a couple of "soul moments" already! One per parent - nice of him to balance things out :)

Are you writing down what he says to keep track of his comments? Do you wish to share more about him having been your husband's father? It's a sweet continuity of life.

Aimee

9. MJN

MJN New Member

Hi Aimee,

Actually no, I've not been keeping a journal but have noticed it's a fairly consistent recommendation on this forum. I'll start today!!!

As far as his previous life/lives with his father are concerned it's all very 'matter of fact' and usually relating to something he sees someone else doing that triggers the memory. At first we thought it was a bit of a game because when we were teaching him familial relationships as a toddler when he was first learning to speak, we would say "I'm your mother/father and you're my son". He would always become frustrated by that and reply, "NO - you're MY son" to his father. Obviously, this could have been confused with the usual playful behaviour of any toddler and not for a minute did we think it was 'past life' related until a few years later when he began to talk about a specific past life in which he was his now fathers father. I'm sorry I can't be more explicit. I know, if I'd kept a journal this could have been far more detailed! From now on!

Thanks again,
    MJN

10. bishopk

You're welcome, MJN! I still remember the odd behaviors my daughter displayed when she was 3 1/2 - I didn't know about this forum at the time. I might have been able to find out more about the possible past life she was exhibiting if I'd known.

Have you read Carol Bowman's two books? If not, I think you'd really enjoy them - fascinating stories!

Aimee

11. MJN

MJN New Member

Hi again,

No actually I haven't read them but have ordered 2 and I'm just waiting for them to ship.

I thought you might also be interested in knowing that my son has always displayed a fear of water. As a baby he cried when he was being bathed - not so unusual I guess. As a toddler it took his father and I to bath him. One to hold him in the bath, the other to bathe. We live in Sydney, Australia which has a very defined beach/swim culture - actually that's really Australia in general. So, bearing this in mind, it's 'normal' to start training your child to swim at the earliest age possible and most kids can swim to save their lives by the time they 2 to 3 years of age. Many, many of them as young as 18 months. We've had no end of trouble teaching our son to swim because of his water fear. We've spent an arm and a leg on lessons over the years but his fear of water really has impacted on his ability to learn. He also becomes very, very upset when he is in a boat or ferry. It's never made sense because he's not had any scares in water in this life. I've put it down to a past life experience but I'd love to find out more about it.

Thanks again,
    Mandy

12. bishopk

Hi again Mandy! Hard to say about your son's water fear, though being afraid to swim as well as being afraid to go on boats makes one wonder...

When you get Carol Bowman's books, you'll see that in her 1st one, she talks about her childrens' fears and how they were connected to some past lives.

From my own personal experience, I feel that our bodies and minds remember events from other lives, but we're not consciously aware of these events until something triggers our memories.

Aimee

13. burnstew

burnstew Senior Registered

Melbourne, Australia...Near the beautiful Dandenon
    soul moments

Hi I am only a new member but after reading this I had a chill up my spine as I remembered what my step daughter said to me one day on the way home from work...She was in the back seat & her father had picked her up from her mothers & they had just picked me up frorm work when after chatting for a few momments her father & I became quite..Out of the blue she pipped up with''Robbie do you remember when we were in Heaven together?" Her father & I looked at each other stunned then I said " No love I don't why?" She replied " I do"..Then she continued on with I spy with my little eye game that she always liked to play..At the time she was only 3-4 years of age...I have never forgotton this...It made me feel very special as I have never been able to have children of my own so I felt like we had planned this all along before birth....:)

14. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Hi Burnstew

Welcome to the forum and thank you so much for sharing your story...it must be such a beautiful and comforting knowing to you personally :)

15. bishopk

a sweet story!

Hi Burnstew and thank you for sharing that story! Indeed, it must have given you great comfort to think that the two of you were meant to be together.

Who knows why we come together with others the way we do - but I believe it's not accidental.

You may enjoy reading some of the other stories about young children in this section of the forum.

Aimee

16. Eevee

Eevee Administrator/Archivist Staff Member

Hi Brunstew, what a wonderful story ! So heartwarming it is.
    What age is your stepdaughter now? And how is your relation to her? Do you still 'feel' the 'connection'?

Love,

Eevee

17. burnstew

burnstew Senior Registered

Melbourne, Australia...Near the beautiful Dandenon
    soul moments

Hi,

Thank you to all of you lovley people that responded to my story...In response to the age of my step daughter now she is 14 years of age. We still have a wonderful relationship however as most of us are aware of at this age puberty, peer pressure, etc have a little influence so at times the closness is very strained..

On the whole though we are able to talk about such things as reincarnation & other spiritual things...Unfortunatley her mother is a cog in the wheel that often results in friction but I do believe that we will always have a strong connection as she is the child of my heart....love Robyn :)

18. Deborah

Sharing is important. :D My son Daniel is now 21 years old... How time flies. The reason I have so much to share regarding him - is I kept a journal from day one. A journal is so important. At the time you think -I will never forget this! Ten years later - you might be surprised that what you remember and what you documented are slightly different.

Anyone else have a soul moment with a child they would like to share?

19. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

WOW!!! I'm going to try this with my girls this afternoon, after school!! I have a very definite "soul" feeling with the youngest, for sure, and possibly with the older one. I want to see if anything comes of this!

20. vicky

vicky Senior Member

A couple of days ago my husband told my son that he is 'getting so big.' My son said, 'am I bigger than I was the last time I was big?'