Speaking other languages

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Sheeply, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Sheeply

Sheeply Active Member

Hi,
    I’ve been watching this forum community for about 3 months now so I thought I’d finally make an account, also I apologise if this question had already been asked before.

In your past life experiences/meditations did you ever seem to speak or hear a language you don’t know how to speak?

I don’t know whether this was a past life dream or not but it was really interesting nonetheless. It happened quite a few years ago now, I can’t remember how old I was exactly, maybe 15? but I had a dream I was a Japanese man in a blue or purple yukata. I really can’t remember any detail of it other than that. But in the dream I was outside this traditional wooden Japanese house, it was quite a large one story building surrounded by grass and trees. Either way there was an older Japanese lady there, also in old style clothing but I can’t remember much about it and we conversed entirely in Japanese.

In the dream I knew what I was saying but when I woke up I had no idea what we said or what we were talking about. At the time I had started learning Japanese but only to the extent of being able to say “hi, what’s the time?” Or “where is x”. I really would not have been able to have a full blown conversation at a fluid pace with another person, and I had no idea what I had said when I woke up.
    I also had never really been interested in Japanese history or culture, only anime, it’s only recently I’ve even started looking at pictures of old japan or what the buildings were like, so I wouldn’t have known what the buildings or clothing looked like anyway aside from cartoons (and this dream was very real life like, not a cartoon).

Either way, real or not, it was really interesting. I’ve been interested in Japanese things since I was in primary school. I had no idea japan even existed until I picked up a manga book in my local library when I was about...7?
    At the time I kind of thought it was a very strange dream because I’ve never really had dreams where I’m not myself. I’ve had a dream where I was an anime character (which I watched in Japanese) but in that dream I spoke in English which suggests to me this dream was a little unique. It’s the only time I’ve spoken another language in a dream. (I can remember my dreams every night after I wake up :))

Anyway, what about you guys? It’s so nice to finally find a group of people who are open to this kind of stuff!

Nice to meet you!
    :)

P.S. I’m currently doing a Japanese degree so if you have any Japanese language related questions you can throw them my way and I’ll try my best.

fireflydancing and KenJ like this.
  2. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, Sheeply!

I don't have experience of talking a strange language in dreams. In my dreams I hardly speak at all. I am mostly alone, wandering around.

Sheeply likes this.
  3. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I have a dream from 2008 that may be PL related. This is a little off topic but I have been wondering if PL's could also be future lives?

Anyways, in this dream I was holding a woman who came out from the beach. I believe we are in Africa, she was badly injured and we were speaking french to one another.
    I haven't a inkling of french speaking ability(that I know of).

Another dream where I honed in on warrior-like monks chanting, "Aya."

And an instance where I thought I was picking up a completely different language that did not feel like anything that I knowto exist today. Then again, what I know(very little) and what actually exist out there(a whole lot) need to be taken into consideration. :rolleyes:

Hey! :)

Sheeply likes this.
  4. Sheeply

Sheeply Active Member

Wow, thanks for sharing that with me :) Do you know what you were talking to the lady in french about? Or were you like me, with no clue because you can’t speak it?

5. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

If I may, I'd like to add a thought. Having had the experiences of communicating with my spirit guide for many years, I've come to recognize that it is right-brained in many respects without speech at all, purely telepathic. The addition of visualizing or "sensing" that language is involved could be deceiving.

See Xenophilia.

Sheeply likes this.
  6. Sheeply

Sheeply Active Member

That’s a good insight :) thank you.

7. cloud potato

I had only an impression that it was french- no recollection of what we shared only a heavy emotion. This dream involved viewing through the eyes of others, like I was going from one persons reality to another. It was this, flying around and witnessing. Eventually my, "form" was abruptly taken out from whatever this viewing was- like a giant hand could grab "me" and bring my experience to a halt- as if to say, oh no you don't. :p I remember very heavy imagery after this particular dream as well as being encircled by masked figures.

Sheeply likes this.
  8. Sheeply

Sheeply Active Member

That sounds really meaningful, thank you for sharing that with me :D. Sorry, I’m just a little happy I get to talk about this stuff, don’t usually get the chance to aside from my mum.

Maybe you were taken out so you didn’t have to witness something bad happen? I wouldn’t know, either way, thanks again ^_^

cloud potato likes this.
  9. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

TALKING 008.jpg TALKING 008.jpg TALKING 008.jpg

Sheeply likes this.
  10. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Hi Sheeply It may interest you to follow up on these events they have happened a number of times

Sheeply likes this.
  11. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

Welcome!

While it wasn't a dream, I did have a fairly easy time learning Latin vocabulary in school. It was Classical Latin, so it was different than the Vulgar Latin I would have spoken during my life in Rome, but the actual words came super easy to me. The grammar, not so much lol.

Spirit Sword and Sheeply like this.
  12. cloud potato

Hey Sheeply thanks for the thought. I think it's nice you have your mum to chat with. My parents don't really care for this sort of stuff. Sharing here or with others who are interested helped me and I've had unique moments with friends that validate our experiences- I feel like being able to look at it without feeling any sort of self-sabotaging judgement is a big help. Hopefully you get to feel that comfort and get to explore and discover even more now that you have a place to share with like-minded people. Kind regards!

Sheeply likes this.
  13. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

My experience is that it might occur on different levels, depending on your own energy. It can happen using words, telepatically or like a kind of ‘down load’ or with a kind of merging with a concept. Or with showing pictures (with comments) or even music.

Sheeply and KenJ like this.
  14. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Member

Welcome, Sheeply!

I had a very similar experience to you. The first past lifetime I started picking up memories from was in medieval Japan. They were small, silent pieces without much important content. I knew very little of Japanese history, culture, or language at this point, but researching a few details in things like clothing helped me to identify the right period (and confirm that it was in fact Japan I was looking at). A while later, the memories started to be fuller and contain audio. I started having full conversations in Japanese, despite having no knowledge of the language. The few words I remembered when I woke up turned out to be correct and in relatively correct positions in the sentences, so I suppose I must have been dreaming in Japanese. Unfortunately, the bulk of these conversations are incredibly elusive and I rarely remember much by way of meaning. Sometimes I now get memories that seem to have been automatically translated, wherein I recognize that someone is speaking, but hear the meaning in my head instead of thinking about the words first and these are much easier to remember.

Then again, I pick up languages very quickly. I once read Chaucer in its original form and had few problems at all, much to the chagrin of my schoolmates. I have a larger vocabulary in Latin than I should. I was conversationally fluent in French after only a few months of casual study. I suppose it could be that I had heard some samples of the Japanese language somewhere and my subconscious brought them up as I was dreaming.

Sheeply likes this.
  15. Sheeply

Sheeply Active Member

Wow! :) that sounds really interesting! I wish I could have that dream or memory (whatever it was) again. I’d probably be able to translate it now.
    I have no idea what time period mine was in. I should have researched when I had it but I didn’t. There wasn’t a lot to go on.

Like you said it could have been random sentences I heard slapped together by my dreaming brain but, to me, since i’d never had a foreign language dream previously or since (I studied french in school for years, never dreamt in that), I like to think it was more than that.
    Even if it was just a dream it was really vivid and interesting so I hope I get more like it some day X3 most of my dreams are me playing video games or something dumb like that.

Thanks for responding with your story anyway! :) I wish I could pick up languages quickly. I find I have to be interested in it to try and learn it. I’ve only been interested in Japanese and Chinese so far :) taking both at uni. European languages have always been a bit boring to me but I think that’s just the way they taught it at school.

16. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Don't you mean xenoglossy? I was going to say something along similar lines though. I think if it were truly spiritual communication, you'd hear it in your own native language, or at least interpret it that way as that's what's most familiar to you now, as it'd be telepathic and not spoken.

I truly think it's all in there so to speak, we just don't have conscious access to it, incarnate. I signed up for some Chinese websites that required basic bio information and I thought I was choosing at random but I picked my past life's hometown for location. I was also able to coax out a few words in Chinese I didn't know before either by focusing. I know Chinese people refer to each other with titles and I knew my younger brother would have chased me around (just like my son does) and he would have called me big sister, but I didn't know the words in Chinese. I just sat and let the first thing come into my mind and it was gee-uh. Which is Chinese for sister, doubling it means greater sister.. so it's jia jia.

KenJ and Spirit Sword like this.
  17. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Yes, my use of checking things via the search function often gets me into trouble!

18. Rukeli

Rukeli Senior Registered

I didn't have a dream, but a few years ago (before everything started to really come back) I had an experience where I started speaking to someone in a language I didn't recognize and had no idea why it happened, or what the hell they had said in response. It spooked me. Fast forward to last year, I found my partner who I had been with in my previous life, who speaks German this time around as well, and knew what certain words meant before even translating them. I am learning the language again currently, and doing very well with it, but that's actually part of how we have found some of the information about what happened back then. He's put together blind tests that are completely in German, especially when I knew less of the language and with particular words and phrases and names of places/things, and read them off to me and had me write out my reactions. Frequently they were spot on, even if I had no idea what he was saying.

tanker and Sheeply like this.
  19. Sheeply

Sheeply Active Member

Wow! That sounds awesome. I’ve read about spontaneous language recall before. It’s super strange.
    How did you know your partner was yours in a previous life as well, if I may ask?

Also, goodluck with German! I could never get the hang of all the different forms and stuff XD

Rukeli likes this.
  20. Rukeli

Rukeli Senior Registered

It is very strange! It happened the one time and the not at all for years, and then when I met him I started remembering little bits and pieces, there were months early on where I would have flashbacks and actually forget how to speak English but not have enough German to make anything coherent. It was incredibly frustrating. I don't think German was my first language back then either, I think it was a combination of Romanian and Romany, but it was the one we had in common.

It's kind of weird how it happened actually, the first time I met him one of the first things I said was, "You look so familiar, don't I know you from somewhere?"
    We did not, in fact, know each other from this time around but for about a week I couldn't stop from asking, don't I know you? I've seen you before, haven't I? Then everything started flooding back and he was the first thing I really remembered, and all of these weird inclinations and aversions and little memories I had previously started making sense. I'd been drawing the same face for 10 years and getting so upset because I knew it was somebody, I just didn't know who. It happened again about a week before I met him and when I found it again I realized I'd been drawing his face. There were a lot of weird, weird things that happened in that period, and we started testing each other and doing double blinds to make sure everything lined up, and it did. Right down to the pieces of furniture in the house we both remembered. Sat down one day and we both tried to recreate the floor plans without looking at what the other was doing and it was the same house.

Sheeply likes this.