Specific soul tasks?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by magnus, Sep 26, 2018.

1. magnus

magnus Senior Registered

So, I‘ve been away for a while and reflected quite a bit. I had to solve my own puzzles and came across various lifes in the more recent time, that seem to give me the same task each and everytime. I am always in the middle of some political change.

First life known to me:
    Part of the french revolution. Occasionally a speaker in smaller crowds. I was fairly young, teen to student, admired Danton and died by gunshot. I didn‘t make it until we won.

Second life (not long after the first):
    I was a university student in germany, and fought for a united nation as a part of Wartburgfest.

Third and last life before current:
    Joseph Goebbels, third reich propaganda minister.

So what I found is:
    There is no life that I was spared from politics. No life without being part of a change. So...is this probably my task? To be around when people try something new?

Did you notice a structure like that too?

2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Magnus,

The area where this has come through the clearest, from what I have seen, is in terms of the "warrior" type. There are several of those currently on the board, and some lengthy discussion of this "trait" in the thread on General George Patton. I do know that there are some schemata floating around that classify "soul types" into different categories of this type. However, most people seem more mixed and muddled to me. I may just not be looking deeply enough.

Cordially,
    S&S

3. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi magnus.

My soul seems to be linked to Irish unity.

This is my tenth century early eleventh century life:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Boru

This is my eighteenth century life:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfe_Tone

This is my early twentieth century life:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Collins_(Irish_leader)

In my current life I have also been involved in certain antics.

When I initially remembered reincarnation I thought that Irish unity was my destiny yet the lessons I have learned since indicates that using violence as a means of political change is always wrong. Therefore my involvement in the Irish problem really comes down to my own personal soul journey. I've learnt that I'm not so special.

As to why the Irish problem was so closely entwined with my personal journey I have no idea. All I know is that I've learnt from it.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  4. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Jim,

You make a good point Jim. Being involved in political causes seems to also carry over. However, I have to note in both cases how, even if violence and warfare do not take the lead, they seem to follow close behind. Passionate beliefs in the political arena seem, when thwarted, to lead to passionate actions and, perhaps inevitably for some, to bloodshed.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Some, but not all.

5. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

True S&S. The real mystery for me is why the powers that be sanction the living of such lives when one is ultimately held to be responsible for ones actions.

If I'm not a hero and I'm not a villain what actually am I? Why gravitate towards similar or comparable situations? Is it free will or predeterminism?

6. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

My past lives have been all over the place in terms of everything (male/female, social status, profession, beliefs, life lesson, location, etc.). I found out connections between some of those lives in terms of karmic balance: thought forms created by my emotions and beliefs (materialized in my actions) in one life, needed to be balanced in other lives, me being on the other side of those emotions and beliefs (and my actions).

I'm not saying it is your case, but we have to be careful for our current emotions and beliefs not to affect our recollections from our past lives. For instance, are you currently emotionally involved in politics? Are you feeling strongly about any disputed causes concerning social justice, environment, etc.? If so, it is possible that those affected your past life recollections.

The best attitude when dealing with altered states of consciousness, as it is the case when we get glimpses of our past lives, is to be neutral, mildly curious, with no expectations, and no interpretations of what we get.

While in an altered state of consciousness, just ask: what is my current life's lesson? It should get into your mind one word, or two, that should be strikingly clear, and, in time, meaningful. If you're too young, and didn't have the chance to get to your lesson, you might not get that information yet. Surely, sometimes you don't get anything because you aren't in the appropriate state of consciousness.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  7. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

Been thinking over the last few days that anything where trying to change society regardless of motives often doesn't have a good ending where either it all hits the fan for society or you get massively screwed over and burned at the stake so to say. I am really unhappy with how the whole process works and deep down I am feeling that society is like a run away train so eventually it will jump the tracks again like it always does so for me I am a nobody watching it all from the sidelines. Current politics and modern thinking is so horrendous that I have doubts that the current western civilization has a future let alone one that is decent much less the rest of the world that could easily sink with it should it fail. The leaders of this age are a real joke but I do have pity for them that what is around them is disgustingly toxic.

What this world really needs is a new and fresh direction to go instead of endlessly repeating the same destructive cycles over and over again.

8. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

I guess the task your higher self chose for you before "dropping you down the slide" was about something you have to do, or experience, in this life. In my opinion, you should find out what that is (you may already have found it) and become aware of that in your current life. As you seem to feel so strongly about the precarious situation of the society, maybe your life lesson is about justice, or maybe about action (your action, not about what actions should others take), or maybe sacrifice, love, humility, family, or letting go, or acceptance, ...

Your life lesson, most likely, balances some thought forms you created in a "past" life with your emotions and beliefs. You can find out, in an altered state of consciousness, what those though forms are, and make more sense of what and why you experience whatever you experience.

Knowing what you are here to do, or experience (knowing your mission and accepting it), should override the emotions resulted from your observations. Ideally, you should live by your intuition, but we, humans, aren't there yet. We're focused on our emotions, which control us.

Also, as some others do too, I believe that we unconsciously create our reality. If our emotions and beliefs are gloomy, the reality we create, and observe, is gloomy. Any change of the reality is preceded by a change of thought (emotions and beliefs).

Reducing the time and interest we allocate to our preferred news media outlets goes a long way toward uplifting our mood, and purposefully living our lives.

9. sortoflikeheaven

sortoflikeheaven Senior Member

Fascinating to read, I think in my own case what has showed itself is that I, in my own way, fight for equality and justice in three life times. First in midst of the witch era, then as a suffragette. Then I was a female law student in the 1920's who died in a drowning accident when still young. I might add that I have not found the true identities of these three women. Way before this I remember being a male, some sort of soldier or knight who was married and had four children. I got myself in a situation where we had several women kidnapped in their own tower and we were outside, in the rain, waiting for the next order. Two of the men, working beneath me, were fishy and wanted to get to these women (that were locked up) and I remember getting explosive with rage, telling them to stay away and if one could not get a woman (in bed) by her own free will then you were not a man at all. On the other hand I was a kind of jealous husband at times, staying away for long periods at a time and would be suspicious of my darling wife and kind of do hearings with her - which she did not deserve. It was my own insecurity and me always looking for threats. From what I could tell I was not violent towards her, but I was never the less big and strong (and kind of appreciated it) and did not note that this alone could be a threatening look for my partner in fights (I suspect I had a temper). Apparently it was pay-back time when I in another life was a petite female trapped in a relationship with a big and strong, very jealous spouse who would do hearings with me, isolate and so on. I kind of knew then what it was like to be physically inferior to what should have been my equal partner. So maybe that is a red thread also, that one shifts perspective, shifts roles to get wiser.

10. magnus

magnus Senior Registered

@ S&S: Yeah, I‘ve seen the warrior type before and also the very mixed types. Yes, things can go wrong. I probably didn‘t learn how bad it was, because I died before the times of terror. It all fits better now. What is notable: Danton had used the storm as a powerful metaphor in one of is speeches. This seemingly carried over and turned into: „Nun Volk steh auf und Sturm brich los!“ -> Now, people rise and let the storm break out! Danton was my role model after all. It would only make sense that I‘d copy him unconciously later.

@Jim: Thank you for your answer, it‘s good to see people with the same experience!

@baro-san It is hard to not get involved. You only get to decide if you want to be a Nazi or SJW. I‘m still trying to figure out if I should do something or if it would be irresponsible, given my latest past life. I do debate though - for sports. Since I‘m fairly young, I doubt I‘ll get the answer.

@There and back again: There are things that can be improved, for sure.

@sortoflikeheaven: Yeah, to find names of older people is hard, especially if you‘re just one rebel of many.

11. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

You are not the only one, magnus. I seem to be a warrior spirit with expertise in rebellions and uprisings. I often fight to avenge some moral slight or to improve otherwise improve my society. Whether or not this is a task I have taken upon myself or one that was assigned to me externally is not yet clear to me, but fighting for justice (or my perceived version of it) is so deeply ingrained in who I am that I cannot separate my identity from the nagging need to right wrongs.

12. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

13. baro-san

baro-san Senior Member

:) Reality is a matter of perception. We don't have to perceive it that way. It is what you make of it!