Spirit Guides and past life connections

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Deborah, May 20, 2008.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I would like to explore the possibility of spirit guides in relation to past life connections and people we have been with before.

For example, in the mid 1980's I had experiences with a black woman in spirit who was a slave with me in the mid 1880's. Her name was Sarah and she helped me through a lot of traumatic experiences at the time. She had a heavy southern accent, wore torn and tattered clothes and spoke very broken and poor English. She was however, a loving a compassionate soul.

I was aware of her about five years before I was aware of my past life with her. I am curious if members have had similar experiences.

2. Laurasia

Laurasia Senior Registered

Hello Deborah.

Oh yes, my own spirit guide is someone that was very dear to me in a former life. He is very dear to me still in this life because of how close we remain now. :)

Sincerely,

Laurasia

3. kingkoopa

kingkoopa New Member

How did you guys find out about your spirit guide? Meditation? Dreams? I would love to know what connection I could possibly have with my Spirit guide.

4. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Hi Kingkoopa,

In my case, through mediumnic communication... :thumbsup:

5. Laurasia

Laurasia Senior Registered

I became aware of my own spirit guide through meditation & during the course of my magickal workings.

In fact, I was aware of my spirit guide - & recognized him - before I even remembered the lifetime that the two of us shared together. It seems that particular lifetime was one of my first incarnations & is one of the most important for me.

Sincerely,

Laurasia

6. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

As a young child in the late 1980's/early 1990's I had experiences with an Irish boy named Billy - who was my brother during the potato famine.

In my case - I was aware of that past life before Billy made himself known to me - which is how I recognized him. I was not afraid - just curious about where he had been and what he was doing in my room. ;)

I'd like to say here - that Billy was with me on and off for a few years, but as a guide - he did not remain with me. In my experience - we have more than one - and they are everchanging depending on the situation and circumstances.

7. 2 Seek

2 Seek Searching to Learn & Grow

I don't know if what I have to say is relavent to this topic but I will say this. A close mate suggested to me that one of my spirit guides could be my grandfather who crossed over back in 2000. I have felt what could be taken as a hand touch the back of my leg a few times and have had the sensation of something on my back where it was aching but when I would ask if a presence was there and to ID themself, I wouldn't get a response.

8. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Have you been very close to your grand father ?

what do you feel about it - if you don't mind to share .

Clivia

9. 2 Seek

2 Seek Searching to Learn & Grow

My grandfather and I were close. Even though I had parents, my grandparents more or less raised me and I remember being around nine or ten and hearing my grandfather talk to my grandmother about wanting to change my last name to his since I had been living in their house with them more than I did with either one of my parents. He always encouraged me in whatever intersts I had. When he crossed over in 2000, there was literally a part of me that crossed over as well.

10. elese

elese Senior Registered

Interesting subject, Deborah!

Unfortunately for me, I am not aware of "who" exactly my spirit guide (s) are, as I was aware of one earlier, but I feel he is no longer around.

that is one question I have; what are people's thoughts about spirit guides, as far as, do they stay with you throughout your life, or do they come and go? My personal opinion/feeling is that one of mine has reincarnated when he know longer could help me, and that my recently deceased grandmother took his place.

I'm curious to hear what other people think...

11. Caillean

Caillean Senior Registered

Indeed an interesting subject. Though somehow I am personally afraid, I don´t know why.... I am curious about spirit guides and it would be interesting to know if I have some and who they are. But on the other hand I am afraid. Sometimes I feel the presence of beings around me.. comforting when I am sad, for example. I had also the "light" touch experience when my aunt died several years ago, but I think she came to say goodbye to me.

I had one very emotional moment a few years back. I was in a meditative state, and the therapist who was doing it, asked if I would like to meet my spiritual guides and I answered yes. I felt this overwhelming warmth and love suddenly around me. I couldn´t take it and started to break... and cried. I don´t know why, but thinking about it brings back tears in my eyes. I felt overwhelmed... it was too much, almost hurting. The therapist was surprised about my reaction and I was embarrassed. She later said that this never happened before and she saw several beings in a blue light.

12. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I'm wondering if my experience a couple of years ago was about a spirit guide. I was in that stage, when you've almost fallen asleep, and I suddenly saw (in my mind) a man, who was wearing old-fashioned clothes. I don't know which era it would've been from, but he was wearing a sort of undergarment (?) with white "tights" and a loose, white shirt. He was clean-shaven and had longish, brown, wavy hair (but not so long that you could make a ponytail for example). Seeing him I felt this incredible "wave" of love, warmth and compassion washing over me. It was something I had never felt before. I snapped out of the altered state realising the feeling, but when I thought back to it, I could feel it happen once again, but then it was gone and I haven't felt it or "met" this man ever since.

I have a vague feeling who he could be from a PL, but I haven't thought earlier he might be a spirit guide as well. I have to check back and see if he came to me in a moment, when I needed some support and compassion.

Karoliina

13. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

HI Caillean,

Sometimes getting in touch with the Source, the Center, your soul....some say GOD -- can be a life altering experience.

You might enjoy reading the information in this post about LIGHT.

14. Caillean

Caillean Senior Registered

Thank you Deborah and Curious Girl for your answers. It shed a new perspective about everything and I think I will search for the book that was recommended earlier.

Yes indeed I felt like I was a freak or somehow a strange person who cried in that situation. According to her, all her other clients were happy and smiling when they met their guide or angels. Of course I was that too, but it was very overwhelming and I felt so small and flawed in that warmth and love that was like a cloud around me.

15. JustinR

JustinR Senior Registered

Hi,

I'm glad I came across this thread. This is somthing I wanted to tell everyone here on the forum as I'd spoken abouit the fact I was going for past life regression and never posted my responses. I didn't do that as it didn't go well at all. It was almost an embarressing failure but just one incident made up for the experience 100 times over.

I believe I have actually met my spirit guide, or one of them last year, for the first time. I'm not 100% whether it is a he or she but I think scenced he was male. I'm pretty sure there must be a PL connnection there. I don't know this for a fact in my own mind but, the way I felt when I met this guide told that this spirit is just moe than my elected guide. We must have had something going on here.

Anyway, I was trying to regress. I had no success at all. I just had a sense of feeling trapped in any visualisation that appeared to me. Plus the detail was lacking and met nothing to me. My regresser finally asked me to ask my spirit guide for help. I thought, oh god this isn't goona work. I think asked her how I should do this. I old me to speak it in my mind. So, I relaxed my thought again and just said the words #, in my head, "help me" Nothing happened to start with then I felt a pressure on my side near my arm pit. As the area of pressure grew it got stronger. Once this happened suddenly really sad. I mean very sad. I was on the verge of tears. I opened my eyes at one point as I was in shock! The intencity of this sadness and then crying a little stattled me. I had no idea why I should feel this way.

Not long after that, I start to feel elated. i was laughing, joyful. By that time the session ran over and my regresser wanted to end the session. It was Okay, she was calm and cool about it. There was sudden break off as she noticed I was having trouble moving away. A part of me knew it was time to finish but I didn't wanna get off the couch. I wanted to stay there. I'm sure I felt my spirit guide not wanting me to go either. It felt like neither of us wanted to part just like that. Sadly, I never actually got a vision of this person. I didn't ask any questions as the meeting was overwhelming and intense in itself. However, i did manage to get away. The great thing was that when I left the holistic centre I felt my spirit guide with me. I walked further and came across some road works in progress. I'm positive that I felt my spirit guide around the upper part of my left arm far from where I felt the pressure previously. I felt that he (maybe she) was guiding me around the road works. I felt a slight pull on my arm at the point anyway. It took a long time after the regression before that pressure on my upper left side to dispear completely. Days afterwards it would come back. I've not felt it for a mouths not but I'm getting the feeling, ever so slightly now I'm talking about this.

I know that I don't know that we did share a past, or poast lives together however, the inensity of feeling i experience isvery suggestive sharing past lives. O so, so wish my spirit guide came with me in this life but, I'm guessing his place as my guide is more importnat reincarnating with me in this current life.

16. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello Justin,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how your session went. I'm sorry it wasn't a success in the way you expected, but I'm glad you got some positive results and it made you feel good in the end. :thumbsup:

Like we discussed earlier, I think it's possible you had a little too high expectations going to that regression, but I think it's great you did it. Give it time - maybe one day a more succesful regression awaits you. :)

Karoliina

17. JustinR

Hi Karoliina,

Thanks for those encouraging words :) I think my expectation where a bit high despite trying to control them. I think the prospect excited me too much that I couldn't focus. I think I did relax very well though. I was only slightly distracted by the lighted lamp behind me. Plus the ticking closs as well as that was loud!!! I tried to ignore that and did manage to. However, that's gonna knock me off track a bit. I did get a CD to take away of the session so, be good to do some work at home.

To be honest, when I left the session I left wanting to be in contact with my spirit guide more. In fact that pretty much what I've decided. He me show me our past lives together if there are some. There's a lot of questions I wanna ask him. I really wanna talk to me guide. He could possibly be my soul mate even. If he is, I wanna know. I'd love to meet my souil mates in this life, even if they aren't actually in it but, in the astral world instead. I'll have to make time to connect with him more often.

I say he is a he as a lady in America, who we both e-mail each other, had seen 2 of my spirit guides. I poured my heart out to her about my life, everything about me had had difficulity with. We did this over quite a few e-mails. She just asked me in one e-mail had I met my guides. I hadn't at all at the time. They she told me too men came to see her and told her that they're working with me. She described one as being a bold, forward character who spoke in a foreign accent. The other didn't want to approach fully. She said he was more shy and didn't say anything. however, the message was come from both of them. This friend of mine was worried about me and that's why they visted her. So, I'm guessing one of them came to me that day and do come to me now and again. He's been with me lately while I've been going through a bad patch in my life right now. My friends feels the guide I have such strong intense feelings for is the shy, hesitant guide. That would make sense as souinds a lot like how I used to be and, how I am still to an extent.

So thanks for you kind words. Thanks everyone else for reading here. I should talk to him. I may ask for advice on how I approach this effectively. I assume I had to be in meditation when asking him questions. Anyway, I'm finally glad I could share this with you all. This is such a major thing for me. One of few best moments of my life. :cool: :)

18. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Justin,

Thank you for sharing your regression experiences. :) The first time truly can be a little difficult to concentrate and relax when you're so excited!

I wanted to share something with you that I've discovered - past lives aren't outside of you, but within. It's nice to make contact with a spirit guide, but you don't need them to show you where you've already been - you know it deep inside of yourself. It's only a matter of learning to relax and trust yourself enough to believe. :)

As a word of precaution - I would also be a little wary of accepting information received over the internet as truth. There are a lot of people who claim to be able to see things - who cannot. It's really easy for people to make things up - especially when you've told them a lot about yourself. It's good to ensure that whomever you received your information from is qualified. :) Please be careful.

Aili

19. JustinR

Hi Aili, Thanks for you advice. It helps to be reminded I mustn't take what I read, or am told as gospel. I do have a tendancy to do that. I'm sure the woman in question is genuine but, may have seen my spirit guides in a different way to how they truely are? I'm guessing we do see spirits/light people even how they look it us is our enterpration of them. Hope that made sense. I'm keeping an open mind to who my spirit guide is even thoiugh I've sor t led myself to believe it's the one I'm describing here.

I'm no longer that keen to uncover my past lives as I have been until last October. Because that experience with my spriit guide, or one of them, I wanna know, or remind myself of who it is. What we've shared with each other and what our journey. I do feel there's a lot there. I'm basing this on how I felt when I me the guide. It wasn't just a warm, fuzzy safe feeling. It was kind of traumatic to start with. I was shocked at the immense sadness, tears and on the verge of crying. They the total joy and jus me laughing a lot. Then, there was the very relucntant parting on both side. I could just feel my guided didn't want me to leave and, I diidn't wanna go despite knowing I had to break away. I'm repeating what I've said before. Forgive me that everyone. I don't wanna make such a big deal out of it to falling into a trap there being must be something more than there is. Yet, I can't dismess this or just assume that everyone would feel that way towoards the spirit guide if they met them. Oh well, it's time I started setting aside some time now and then and make contact again.

Thanks again for you thoughts Ailish. It could b e possible that I'm not meant to see any of my past lives yet? Maybe I'm being blocked from doing so? The possible reasons could be for this are limitless. I may need to bear that in mind. It just seems enough for me that I'm reconnected with my guide. I really feel he (she even) could be the help that I really need in this life.

20. traveler

traveler Senior Registered

Justin, I am glad you shared your story of your regression, even though it didn't turn out the way you had expected. I have never done a regression with another person, but I have learned a lot through some very purposeful dreams that I believe are guided by my spirit guide.

There have been times when he has tried to show me things I was unwilling to see, maybe unready for, but what I have found is that my spirit guide is very gentle and backs off when I resist. I'm never forced into anything, even if it may have been beneficial for me to experience. I'm allowed to move at my own pace.

Sometimes I think we block ourselves in the way of spiritual growth. Our guides may be trying to reach us and we aren't open to them. The good news, though, is that spiritual development isn't a race. Things will come to you as you are ready.

21. Zengirl

Zengirl New Member

Thank you Deborah for reposting this thread---wow and thanks everyone who posted! I see a bit of myself in each of you and yes I've felt like you too Justin but hang in there. When the desire is there on your part your Guides will contact you more.

I was 19 and alone in my room one day when I heard a loud voice say "WRITE!". My head jerked up and I looked aound, I didn't see anyone sooo I thought 'okay, you're not crazy..let's just ignore that'. Immediately the loud voice spoke again and said "GET A PEN AND WRITE!". I bolted from my room and got a pen and came back, sat down and said; "Okay, I've got a pen what do you want?" I began to see a sentence forming across my eyes when I closed them so I wrote down what I saw. Then, another sentence would form until it was finished and wrote the date; Nov. 30, 1975 under it. I reread it and it sounded so 'old' as in hundreds of years ago.

I told a neighbor who was into spiritual things and she told me to meditate and ask my 'Higher Self' who that was. I did what she told me without believing anything would happen but I got an answer as soon as I asked the question: "Oh, that's Andrew, SAINT Andrew". That name didn't mean anything to me. I wasn't Catholic and my parents only took us to church for Christmas and Easter--and always late so I wasn't well-versed in Christianity at all. I went back to my friend and gave her my results. She had a book on Saints and their Days so she looked up Saint Andrew..his Day is November 30th! That's the same day the voice channeled through me! I guess he wanted to make a point that it WAS him writing. Over the years he has channeled so many details of my pastlives as well as introducing me to my other Guides, yet he says he is my 'Principal Guidence' of the five I met. He was also my 'white-turbaned invisible friend named Deren' when I was a baby that guarded me until I was 4 years old. Our pastlives together included one in Tudor England when I was his daughter, as his wife in India (that's the white turban thing) and also as his brother. He told me that the 'Saint' title is meaningless. Nobody is better than anyone else either on Earth or in Heaven...there ARE no Saints he said! :eek:

Caillean~ Believe it or not, it's very normal to fall apart in tears when meeting Guides! It reminds us of HOME/Heaven and how much we are truly loved and that's why the tears. We don't get that amount of love here on Earth

2 Seek~ My mother passed away long ago but she still 'visits' me and when she does my knees get cold--thats' how I know it's her!

~Zengirl

22. Equestrienne7

Equestrienne7 Occasional visitor

Interesting thread - I've always wondered about this however I personally do not feel I have any spirit guides - I really feel totally alone. I'd like to know if others think it's possible to not have a spirit guide, or if you think everyone has them whether they are aware of them or not.

If we all have them, why would they not make themselves known to me? Why let me feel so alone for so much of my life?

23. stardis

stardis Senior Registered

My thoughts are that the guides are always around if you need them. Perhaps, some people are aware of them most of the time because their psyche is turned somewhat to that frequency (I'm not sure how else to say that right now).Maybe you were helped at times without really being aware of it.

24. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

I myself have not liked the term spirit guide as it always made me feel like they were always around checking me out//:eek: I grew up in a difficult family situation where my father was a spy{ on the side of the good for our country and world } I did not know about it until my 40s and looking back can see how my fathers life and goings ons had its affects on us all.

As I have writtten about before I had a twin sister who was in spirit kind of caught , not wanting to move on to her next life. I believe on a subconscious level way down out of my sight level , I knew of her presence and was always wrestling about our dynamics as these dynamics were a big part of my karma this life. It was like I knew of her and was always grappling about my feelings from our past together ... since she was around me alot... It took me working through our relationship for me to feel free of this frustration.

Along the way in my very weakened health state.. I became very open to negative entities. As my drive to live was so weakened by my previous past lives and I had a hard time fending off some negative types of supposed guides... spirits maskerading as guides. I have now set my boundaries and will only go to search for help through the ultimate power of G-d , IT took gaining a solid faith and trust in love in order for me to return to a stronger faith in being in this world.

I do feel that some good guides have been around on a few occasions when I have needed some extra strength. I also find through opening myself to change and working on growing I am presented with those things here on earth that present me with the wisdom I need. SO for example I will find help through a book , a TV program , meeting someone new etc and I see that as being orchestrated by some great force.

IT is a matter of what I put into my life.. if I am seeking love ,,, love will come.

soulfreindly

25. Lestat

Lestat New Member

My spirit guide was my brother in our last life when we were both incarnated. When I see him now, I still see him like he was then.. and I still call him 'my brother'. But before that life we had more lifes together. He has been my best friend, my husband (in the middle ages, we were very poor and we had a lot of children and it was very difficult but because our love we were happy) and I have the strange feeling we once had a religious/spiritual life together.. I don't know.. something about a priest (he) and a priestess (me)..

26. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

I've always believed in reincarnation and have made it kind of a game to myself to guess "who might have been who." When Dick Cheney shot his "hunting buddy" in the face, I was curious and wondered if Cheney might have some past life connection with Aaron Burr, the only other US vice president to have shot somebody in office! :eek: So, consistent with my personality, I wasted no time in looking it up.

I was so caught up in my "discovery" at the US Revolutionary war section of the library that I was taken by surprise when I clearly heard a little voice in the back of my mind go, "Jody, look up John Paul Jones." Now, I suppose I might have heard that little voice before, reminding me to do stuff, or prompting me when I've forgotten someone's name, but I always just assumed it was some sort of aspect of myself. Now I wonder if it wasn't my spirit guide, or someone else behind the veil, because it never would have occurred to me to have looked up that name otherwise.

27. seraphim26

seraphim26 New Member

Hi all

I hope you dont mind if i add a reply here. Im in the process of learning about my past life/lives and was first shown memories of this by my guide, who said he was a friend of mine, and someone i had known before (this is one other connection i have to other past lives) He was killed a short while after my death and he 'remained back' to be my guide. Whenever i hear him he has a strong, wise voice, deep and authoratative, but when i see him it is in his last incantation as a young, fair haired American, with a strong west coast accent. I dont know how it all works but i do believe that life is a learning thing that is aided by guides, at times when we really need them. I hope that if this is the case, those voices in the back of our minds, or the tugs on our shoulders are them helping us to learn and grow.

Thanks for now, S.

28. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

Here is an experience which I still am not too sure about. I had a freind who was waiting for a liver transplant. Well the day I was at this hospital to consult with a new specialist I was sent down to admitting and low and behold I ran into my freind as she was being wheeled into admissions for a new liver which had just been made available. This was rather coincidental to begin with.

A bit of history about my freind , BA.. SHe beleived in spirit guides and claimed to have someone who had been a freind who had died of cancer and who was now acting as a spirit guide on occasions . I could not relate but never had much of a discussion about it with her.

Later that day/ night of her surgery , I awoke during the night and felt that my freind was in spirit with me. What she said to me is that she wanted to be my spirit guide. I got scared and reacted by an answer.. thinking/saying to her spirit ,,, that I did not feel right about it and that she should try to live and survive in this life.

I never had the courage to talk to her about it.. She surived this , but was unable to get a kidney transplant that she needed and died a few years later..

Any comments.??? I still am wondering and spooked out about it . I did not notice any change in my freind afterwards I do wish I had told her about it though.

soulfreindly

29. Lizzi

Lizzi Member

experience

Hi soulfrendly,

What a impressive story! I just have a question...have you asked/found if she (your friend) your spirit guide now? She proably is around guiding you. It could be a good oportunity to talk to her about.

I had many experiences with mu spirit guide/s. I felt the overwhelm, comforted and a warm kiddness many times. The most impressive was five years ago, when I was sick on bed, feeling very bad. I could sense someone sitting on my bed and telling me that everything would be alright. I didn't open my eyes, I just wanted to keep in that state and never stop feeling it.

Nowdays, I'm conecting with my guide again and talking to him. I have a dairy where I keep my conversations.

Love this thread

30. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

This is a great thread. I too would like to know if she is around you now, soulfriendly. :)

When I was young, especially as a teenager, I always swore that I had a guardian angel and I'd always point to where I could "feel" it, somewhere on my righthand side, behind my shoulder. I still don't know who/what it was, but whenever I would try to sense it, there it was.

I've wondered since then if I had a special need for a guardian angel during my teen years. I was terribly quiet and shy and wouldn't have ever done any risky behavior. :eek:

Since then, I'm not normally attuned to "that side", my time/energy being taken up by full-time work and raising children. However, when I take the time to listen, I swear I can sense lots of presences around me. It's very interesting.