Spontaneous reincarnation memories

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Kalos, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

Hey people,

I'm new to this forum and I would very much appreciate your opinion on this:

Why someone at the age of 45, all of a sudden, remembers a previous incarnation - a past life? What do you think is the purpose and meaning of such an event, given that there was no specific trigger - like visiting a place he lived or watching a movie about the era? No regression therapy or anything of the kind, either. Why do you think it happens?

2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Kalos, are the memories yours (just wanting to know if you might be asking about someone else)? If it is your experience, does it feel "right"?

As for a direct answer to "Why do you think it happens" I doubt that anyone could answer that. On the other hand, most of us have had experiences that we can not explain in one form or another.

3. -HM-

-HM- Senior Registered

I can’t give you a definitive answer as to why things are coming to you this late in life, but one suggestion is that perhaps something significant happened in your past life at the age you’re at now? Another possibility is that maybe you’ve been exposed to someone you knew in another lifetime without realizing it.

4. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

Perhaps it was merely the right time. It could be that you were ready to learn about reincarnation, but needed an inciting incident.

Shiriya likes this.
  5. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

In my experience, there is always a trigger, most often people.

So I think this comment could be close to an answer:

-HM- and Spirit Sword like this.
  6. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

Hello again and thank you all for your answers.

To clarify a bit, yes, this is about me, it's my "memories". Also KenJ yes, it feels very much "right". it feels legit, original and real. I can't find a term that describes it better, these memories feel "mine".

All very good answers and suggestions to be honest, all these have crossed my mind. It might have been the right time to "know", although I believed in the "eternal soul" and reincarnation since I remember myself, at the age of 5 or so - I lost a grandpa when I was 6 and just before the funeral I refused my mom's suggestion to approach the coffin and say my goodbyes, I clearly remember myself saying "he's not there anymore mom". Later at the age of 8 or so lost an uncle I loved dearly and when my mom asked how I feel, told her that the only thing I'm sad about is that I won't be seeing him for many years to come but he's out there and we'll meet again - not in the spirit world, like humans again. This kind of stuff. I could also tell about my younger daughter coming to my sleep when my wife was pregnant in the 6th month and telling my how she wants to be named when she's born. Also about my elder daughter coming in a dream when she was 1.5yo and sleeping next to me, in the essence (won't say "form", she was just a "mirror image", a "presence" of one) of a 16yo girl, telling me how her crazy mother killed her in her previous life and that she craves for love and affection this time around and that's why she chose us as parents. Among other things she told me. Small fact, I woke up soaked in cold sweat only to turn around and find her fully awake and calm, looking at me straight in the eyes and touching me with her right hand on my back while I was having that dream. I say again she was 1.5yo at the time. Now she's 7.5yo and "knows" what happens after death. Although she avoids the issue. However, she told me recently that it's not a "graveyard", it's a "cemetery" because people are put there to sleep for a while before they wake up again as others. "Cemetery" meaning "Sleeping place" in the greek origin of the word. But hey, this is about me right, not her :) but she's manifested all kind of weird stuff like night terrors, strange behaviours, "talking" to spirits of deceased relatives, telling us that the mother of a kid in the kindergarten died, just on the next day it happened (no one ever told her that, that kid wasn't attending class for a while), asking my mom by name about her aunt Maria that raised her as a second mother (dead for more than 15 years now) while she had no way of knowing about her, the likes.

Anyway! I always believed in reincarnation. I somehow "knew" the truth of it from within.

What really got me thinking through your replies, was the suggestion that I was exposed to someone I knew back then. In fact, it does happen that I somehow "feel" that a very dear individual that "came" into my current life fairly recently, was also a very dear one in that previous one, the one that I now remember. Funny thing is, each time I start thinking of who she was back then, I get an internal warning of the type "don't go there". I remembered my mom's maiden name, my fav horse's name, the lake I lived nearby, how I died - not remembered, relived my death. In full pain and grief and despair and emotion. All bearable. But I respect that warning about this specific person. I feel it has an even heavier impact and it's best I don't find out. So I don't know if that triggered my remembrance.

My real concern is, if this revelation came to me at that point in life not as a lesson - my best years are already behind - but because this life is about to end, as a friendly pat on the shoulder, of the "don't worry too much, you'll be back" type. I said concern, not because I'm afraid to die - I'm 48yo and it's certainly not a pleasant thought - but merely because "I'm not ready yet.. not ready", like the last words I uttered back then, laying on my back in a wheat field with five bullets in my body, tragically and unfairly at the age of 26 .

Thank you again for your responses and your time reading this. I'm glad I found this place.

KenJ, Spirit Sword and fireflydancing like this.
  7. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Hello Kalos,

welcome to the forum! A "beautiful" user name indeed.

It might be a bit unusual to suddenly get past life memories at age 45, but then, each individual's journey is a little different.
    So why not?

Hope you will find the answers you need.

Kalos likes this.
  8. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

Hello Seeker :) thank you for the welcome.

It is indeed unusual it seems that's why it troubles me. Nowadays, three years since it first happened, I'm a lot more calm and composed about it. Gradually it settled down inside me. Still though, the "why now" puzzles me, that's why my first post in this forum was about that and I got some really good suggestions for which I'm thankful.

A regression therapist, in fact the most famous one in my country, suggested at first that it might not be PL memories but information that I acquired after I "linked" spiritually with this person - his unsettled soul, that is, still wandering between the earth and spirit planes. He urged me to have a regression session which I never did. I'm very reluctant in fear of what will come out of it. Maybe I should make a new post on this issue, I'd like to hear people's opinion.

This morning I woke up happy (it's Saturday yay), hugged and kissed my daughters which made me even happier and went on to wash my face, whistling. Brushing my teeth caused some minor gum bleeding, nothing out of the ordinary but the taste of blood in my mouth immediately and spontaneously started a sequence that lasted for about 3 seconds. I lost my bathroom surroundings and started hearing distant yells and cries, neighs and roars, cannon and musket sounds. Terrifying thoughts of my wounds being untreatable and I'm gonna die, I'm too young to die, why now, I just got my star, it's unfair, oh God no. Despair. I felt despair. Felt my mouth full of blood, swallowing and coughing blood. All ended within 3 seconds. I recovered thinking I'm alive, I have daughters, didn't die all alone in that field this time, all's good, relax.

Not even sure why I'm typing these. Maybe I need to. My wife believes me but won't talk or wanna hear about it and tells me she would prefer I had never remembered. She admitted just a month ago that all other (overwhelming) "proof" aside, the two of us look so much alike it's scary.

One thing I won't wonder about anymore is, why don't all people remember naturally. It's a firewall. We wouldn't be able to function without it.

9. fireflydancing

Hi Kalos,

I am curious about you meeting this spirit. Do you know this guy, this spirit?
    Are you sure it’s someone else? If it is a spirit stuck between Heaven and Earth it is still possible his soul went back Home, while his Eartly old energies remained here.
    So, I don’t know your story, but while reading it I got these feelings of a possabillity. I hope I read your story well: you communicated with a spirit and shortly afterwards you began remembering past lives?
    Since this spirit was male and provoked changes in you, you could have met the energies of a former self. I don’t know if you met this spirit on the astral plane or in a dream? In these cases it is very possible.

Just some food for thougt. Perhaps your case is totaly different from this. No problem.

10. Kalos

Kalos Senior Registered

Hey fireflydancing :)

Truth is I haven't "told" my story in here clearly enough, just bits and pieces, so it's confusing. In summary, three years ago I "remembered" a past life. I shall make a post in the appropriate section of the forum at some point, just for this story to be clear and exact. About a month later, still struggling with this, I spoke to a regression therapist. He's very well known worldwide. For whatever reason, he suggested that these "memories" might not be mine but coming through a "link" established between me and the "spirit", "soul", whatever the term, of that person. That he was channeling these memories to me. He also suggested that I should have a regression session to find out and most importantly, help me "cure" from the burden - either by finding out it's not "my burden" but someone else's or by finding out it is indeed a PL of mine but coming to terms with it. I didn't ever have this session till now, three years later.

The amount of info I have remembered is overwhelming and the things that can be verified, check out when researched later. One night, while on summer vacation with my family, just as my wife and me were getting ready to sleep, I said out loud my college professor's name (in that PL). It just came to me. I roughly remembered his face too. In the next days I did some research and there was indeed a history professor with that name in that college at that exact year. This is 160 years back and halfway around the globe, mind you. There's no way I incidentally got that info in this life.

fireflydancing, Speedwell and KenJ like this.
  11. fireflydancing

Very interesting.
    I think I have to wait for you to be ready to tell the bigger story.
    Don’t be affraid about telling a weird story if you honestly believe in it.
    I’ve had some weird stories myself and you know what? Talking to spirits and remembering old times makes sense somehow. There is always a kind of logic in my experience.
    And the best thing: it gives peace once you have put the bits ands pieces in their proper place.
    It doesn’t matter whether others believe you or not. It’s about you.

12. fireflydancing

I am sorry, but I don’t think your remark is on the right place.