Strange conversation with 7 year old daughter.

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Kristine, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Kristine

Kristine New Member

I had a strange conversation with my 7 year old this summer. I can't get it out of my head. That's how I found this forum. We were on a 2 week road trip. Spending 24/7 together. Just the two of us. We were playing Skip-Bo at the table in our camper and my daughter says, "Can you tell school that I don't want to do the shooter drills this year".

I was taken aback and looked at her a little confused. I said, why don't you want to do the drill anymore. And she looked me in the eyes and very stone cold said, "Because Mom, don't you know there was a war going on in 1949? And it was cold. And a lot of people died". Then she quickly looked down. I was speechless. And she said, "And I don't know if we won that war or not".

It was crazy! It came out of nowhere. And I wasn't quite sure what to say. And just like she started the conversation -- it was over -- and she was on to other things. Kind of gives me goose bumps to think about it even a few weeks later. I wish I had been more open to ask her questions. I wasn't sure what to do. My daughter has some odd quirks. For example, she doesn't like to stay at hotels or places where you can see lights through drapes or on walls when a car drives by (as a result, she sleeps with an eye mask on and has since she was about 2 years old). She startles easily with loud noises that sound like shootings.

I'm not sure what to do (if anything) about this.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    fireflydancing, Antigone and Jaimie like this.
  2. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Welcome, Kristine and thank you for the sharing of your story. It will get better in time I think for your daughter who is 7, it has for mine, but I know it is a terrible feeling because one does not want one's child to suffer in any way and this is not something one is in control of, can grasp at first.

(My daughter use to talk about drowning and other glimpses here and there about what I have presumed was a past life. For her it would come and go and she was in the moment, talking about it in a matter-of-a-fact way too. I was like you, kind of frozen out of surprise and never knew what to say. I did not know if it would bad or not if/and when I would say something to her. Because of the years of glimpses (that she the next moment seem to have forgotten all about) I was kind of amused when she the other day threw a rope at the table where I sat on her way passing saying "Mom, can you do a lasso-knot, I don't know why but I can't do it no more" .if I put her little pieces of glimpses together over the years I have come to the conclusion that she was a man and that she drowned at one point, either in that life or another. I have asked of advice too on this forum because I did not know if one should address this or not to the child, if it will help.

I live in Scandinavia and when I read your child's words I can't help but think Poland during war time when being attacked by the Nazi German and the Soviet Union) Here is a link, it was during winter at one point there https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_Poland_(1939%E2%80%931945.

/Jaimie

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  3. Antigone

Antigone Senior Member

Hello there and welcome Kristine!
    I am so happy that more parents are coming to this forum.
    Children are so amazing, and I actually don't think it is uncommon for children to remember their past lives. Once I told my parents that I lived somewhere else, but they treated it as fantasy. I think this is the common reaction for most cases. However, when my little brother was two or three, one day he nonchalantly strolled into the kitchen and told my mother and I about when he was big; he lived in New York with his dogs and he had two grown-up kids with specific nicknames, "but that was a loooong time ago" he told us. We were far from New York, but I was ready to listen about that life if he needed. However, it didn't really come up again, and now your child's age, he doesn't remember those memories at all anymore.

This is common. Children often remember their past lives from infancy to around seven. This is why in India, it is said that these are the years that the "child belongs to God" (not the parent), as they are very tied to the spiritual realms and their past. So, I hope you don't feel alone in having a child that also can recall, it is actually very normal.

However, I can understand your concern, as she does seem to have a past that was traumatic, and can also recall specific details about it. When I read your description, I think of the conflict in Eastern Europe during the reign of the Soviet Union. And also the rebelling countries like Hungary (and Poland like Jaimie said) that were really were hit hard in combat (but the exact revolt I am thinking of would be around 1956, a bit after the date you have given). She could also be speaking of World War Two and its aftermath. Europe was still recovering around that time, along with the possibility that dates can be a year or two off when it comes to past life memories.

However, when it comes to what you should do about it, I suppose it is up to you and what you think is best for your child. Some people who have children that remember tragic lifetimes so well that they have symptoms such as debilitating PTSD might consider a regression therapy in order to move on from that life. However, if it is not a serious debilitation, I (though not a parent or professional) might really think twice (or even thrice) about regression for my child, as it might make them relive some dark experiences at such an early age. However, if you are interested, maybe talk to several different therapists and see what they think, as I know some might see regression under a professional as a good choice.

I have also read that when children speak of their past lives, parents should not really intervene too much. Asking many questions might bring some unwanted memories back that could frighten the child more, despite how amazing listening to first-hand accounts of historical and spiritual information may be. Instead, I think we should simply listen to the child and then sympathise with them when they are done speaking. I would say, let her know that what she tells you sounds like a scary experience, but that she is no longer in that situation and you are here to protect her and keep her safe. In a year or two, she could even completely forget about the past lifetime, or the memories that came with it.

Nevertheless, I would look into the conversations and interviews on this specific forum to gain some more insight. I believe that Carol Bowman also wrote specifically about children's past lives, so maybe reading one of her works would further help you (though I have not read these myself). Still, thank you so much for being an open minded parent and for sharing with us. I hope that you will find a good answer.

Jaimie and fireflydancing like this.
  4. Jack E

Jack E Senior Member

7 is a bit late to be starting, but I suppose it's not too late! Good cases have certainly come out of that age range; maybe she was just intimidated to talk about it before, or forgot and re-remembered. To the point, I don't know of any wars that were happening in 1949; it wouldn't be WWII, and the Korean War started in 1950. It may be an obscure internecine war between two small countries, or she may have the date wrong (1939 maybe?). Let us know if you have any more details!

Jaimie likes this.
  5. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma..

The Cold War was dated between 1947 and 1991. In 1949 however, there was the Berlin Blockade, where some people died and it was a major crisis of the Cold War.

Here’s some information on it: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Blockade

In saying that, it could indeed have been 1939 and the Invasion of Poland. I have extensive knowledge about the invasion itself on Gleiwitz but September 1939 was as I remember — cold, but not as cold as November or December. In that lifetime I had my daughter in November so I remember being paranoid about her getting cold so that is how I remember the weather.

But I digress. Do you think that perhaps she could have been describing an event inside a war rather than the war itself? When I think of my WWII lifetime, I tend to remember events that happened inside the war itself and not the actual war.

Eva x

Kirsty and Jaimie like this.
  6. Kirsty

Kirsty Member

Hi Eva, I too have had a similar experience back in 2014. I was also in the state of shock of how a child at such a young age could be telling me such detailed and terrifying memories enough it gave me goosebumps. I was at my nanna's for the day with my family and as she lives in the country side (in the uk) my nephew Tyler, who was 5 years old, was getting a little bored so I said we could go outside and play tag for a bit; we had been playing for atleast 15 minutes when I needed a sit down, I got us a bottle of water each and we sat on the bench just outside the house. It was silent. I looked up at Tyler and he was zoned out; staring into a cattle field with a few oak trees across the brook from us. A single tear rolled down his cheek so of course I worryingly asked him if he was okay which to he replied "there's dead people in the tree". My initial thought was why on earth is my 5 year old nephew saying this? We are quite an old-fashioned family so we are strict on him playing games and watching anything with violence so he wouldn't know of such things. I was stone cold shocked, I stuttered out "who's in the tree" and he murmured "my wife". I asked him "how old is she"? And he replied "73 years old". I was speechless. A few seconds silence went passed before he looked down into his lap as another tear rolled down his cheek and he said quietly "I really miss her". He snapped out of it instantly, looked at me with a smile and said "let's play tag". I'm pretty sure every hair on my body stood straight as I was skeptical on the topic of reincarnation, although I had heard many stories of children's past lives; I guess I had to experience it for myself to believe.

Eva1942, Ophelia3, AlteSeele and 5 others like this.
  7. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome, I'm glad you found us Kristy. It usually takes that type of interaction to have people introduced to reincarnation now-days in the UK and the USA. Even after having the expertience, you will probably have your doubts later.

Jaimie likes this.
  8. AlteSeele

AlteSeele Senior Registered

Hi Kristy!

Kids that age are amazing and resilient. Tyler was so lucky that you were there with him when he had a memory resurface. You engaged him in conversation about it rather than ask him to stop making things up. It was also wise of you to not push him very hard about what he was seeing. Thankfully he knew how to snap himself out of it by asking you to play tag with him. He seemed very casual about it, so you can bet this is not the first time he's had a memory resurface. ;)

Kids just "know" things sometimes.

KenJ and Jaimie like this.
  9. Ophelia3

Ophelia3 Senior Registered

Seven is actually the age my recalls started occurring, although I had a deep connection prior. It’s interesting that most recalls amongst children are between birth to 7.

10. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Like others, my mind initially jumped to the Korean War given the date. A quick Wikipedia check confirmed that North and South Korea were already fighting in 1949, though "war" did not become "official" until 1950. Check out Sections 2.5 and 2.6 of: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War

Actually, I'm more curious about which "side" is speaking here? Is the speaker Korean of foreign, Communist insurgent or Southern defender, North or South? I will be interested to find out more if any additional information is forthcoming.

Cordially,
    S&S