Stuck

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by GalaxyDreamer90, Sep 10, 2018.

1. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

Sorry for complaining but I keep feeling like I'm stuck in the wrong time and place. This might sound odd but I sometimes feel as though I belong in a peaceful utopian version of the future. Something sort of like the old cartoon The Jetsons. What can I do to feel less stuck. I try distracting my mind from these feelings but I still feel stuck sometimes.

2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Galaxy,

For me, it was more like "Tomorrowland" in the recent Disney movie. I was a boy like the one in the movie (though a bit younger at the time) and also went to that same World's Fair and rode on the same "Small, Small World" ride. My visions for the future were so much like the techno-utopian vision they show in the movie--I actually felt somehow vindicated that they had put out such a realistic version of my early ideas! However, I found that the actual reality of the future (the one I am living in now) was much more like the dull concrete authoritarian version the heroine finds when she finally gets there. What has actually been real and engaging and worthwhile has all been in the field of human relations. It has been the kind of loving and living that could take place a 1000 years ago or a 1000 years in the future.

So, what does it all mean? I had such glorious ideas about the future and what it would bring. However, looking back over the 55 years since then--a period during which I expected not only to see all kinds of marvelous technological developments, but to have grand adventures--I see nothing of the sort. Sure, technology advances, but in the end what we are excited about becomes merely prosaic. I have seen the glorious versions of the future they were excited about in the 20s and 30s with airplanes grandly criss-crossing the globe. However, when you get there and get used to it, it becomes once more, just the ordinary.

It's a mistake to set your hopes on technology or on utopias. The real advance, when it occurs, is in the human heart. When that occurs to enough people, real utopias become possible. Technology is nice, but the real revolution takes place inside.

Cordially,
    S&S

3. GalaxyDreamer90

I still keep feeling stuck and it doesn't help that no one seems to get me. I just dont know what to do. If only I could travel to another planet.

4. GalaxyDreamer90

I'm trying so hard to get a place of my own but it's a long process and in the meantime I'm still feeling very stuck. I could really use some help right now.

There and back again likes this.
  5. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

I know how you feel and feel very trapped myself having it harder in some ways than most my age having to care for my mom with no financial support except for a little from family. If ever I had the chance to leave for better in another country I will leave the states for good as there is no future for people my age here.

6. GalaxyDreamer90

I dont think moving to another country is the answer for me more like moving to another planet.

7. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

No kidding but life is life and most of us have to settle for less than we would like or even need. As the saying goes life is pain.

8. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

I'm kind of the same, but wishing that I could go back. Most people remark, when others state how cool it might be to go back to the 1920s-1940s, that we have it better now. Well, sure, in most aspects, we do. Women certainly do, as do other races and genders. But, I want to go back to that life, with my husband and children, and just live it on a loop over and over.

Still, I'm here now for a reason that I'm still trying to figure out, and I'm going to ride this life out. I'm not looking to escape earlier than I'm expected to go, I'm just grinning and bearing it. Hopefully, I don't come back again. Not that I'm fearful of what's to come, nor do I know ahead of time, but I just feel like I've done my time. Or, I will have at the end of this journey.

Keep striving, in the end you'll be rewarded for your efforts.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  9. GalaxyDreamer90

For some reason I never wished to live in the past I guess because as you said it was harder back then. I always wanted to live in the future even when I was little. Sometimes I even wonder if I was born way too early and then if so why. It's just so hard to just deal with life especially when you have a severe phobia.

10. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

Yes! :)

11. GalaxyDreamer90

I still feel stuck in the wrong era most of the time. I'm just not sure what to do. I try to distract my mind since people don't like it when I get emotional, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Maybe distracting my mind isn't the answer to my problem. What am I to do?

12. Sea Change

Sea Change Member

Consider yourself fortunate that you can look across parallel realities to gain such wonderful experiences.

fireflydancing likes this.
  13. GalaxyDreamer90

I never thought of it like that. I just wish I knew how to make this world more like the peaceful utopian future world I imagine.

There and back again likes this.
  14. Sea Change

Sea Change Member

If that is your preference, then that will be the world you experience. Unless by doing so, you might miss the challenges that you pre-planned - the reason you have incarnated in the first place was to have those challenges. If the latter, then on you go. If the former, as a powerful, infinite being who creates their own preferential physical reality, you will have your Utopia.

Might not be on this Earth but that is no limitation to you.

15. GalaxyDreamer90

I'm not entirely sure what my purpose here is and I really wish this Utopian world I imagine was more than just an imaginary world.

16. Sea Change

Sea Change Member

Do you have challenges? Experiences, both positive and negative?

That's why you are here, plain and simple. You desired to have those challenges including whether you view them as positive or negative. Your choice. Since you can imagine it, it must exist somewhere and in this infinite creation we all enjoy, the only question is "where"?

17. GalaxyDreamer90

Well people think I'm disabled because I'm emotional and have a lot of energy. However, I don't want to believe I have a disability. I'm also very creative and somewhat good at art. Knowing that a utopia exist somewhere out there does make me feel a little better. I guess I got to except the only way I can be there right now is through day dreams.

SALCa20 likes this.
  18. GalaxyDreamer90

I'm suddenly curious if this could be a future life I could be day dreaming about.

SALCa20 likes this.
  19. SALCa20

SALCa20 chev the monk on the mount

HELLO people I hope I can get help aswelll.

Im a bit late LOL

idk why I am always late

20. Sea Change

Sea Change Member

Why not?