Stuck

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by GalaxyDreamer90, Sep 10, 2018.

1. GalaxyDreamer90

GalaxyDreamer90 Senior Member

I keep feeling stuck and like people are trying to change who I am by telling me what I can and cant do. I dont want to be like everyone else because I dont come from here

2. GalaxyDreamer90

Sorry for bumping this topic but I need some help.

3. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

What kind of help are you hoping to receive? What help do you feel you need?

4. GalaxyDreamer90

I need help on how to not feel so stuck and how to get people to accept me for who I am.

5. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

Unfortunately, I don't have much advice on either. Though, there must be someone on here, who can help much better than I!

Despite my own feelings of being stuck in the wrong time, my predicament being that I want to go back and not forward in time, I try to just deal with life as we know it as best as I can. Although, I feel I have the advantage of the old songs and vintage clothes to help me feel more at ease. With your problem, it's harder to find futuristic apparel and paraphernalia to make your current existence more bearable. Because you want to move forward, items from your desired time won't exist yet. You just have to keep holding out, while those who want to go back will have to just make do.

As for people accepting you as you are, why should you bother with other people's ideas of what you should be or are? In the words of Lao Tzu;

"Care about people's approval, and you will always be their prisoner".​

6. GalaxyDreamer90

Perhaps I should surround myself with technology and other futuristic stuff more. Maybe even dress more futuristically. Perhaps that will make me feel less stuck. As for people telling me who I should be and what I should do I feel as though these people have authority over me. Maybe it would help if I lived on my own but it doesnt help that I dont have a job and am actually kind of afraid to get a job because I'm worried it will be boring like the last job I had.

7. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

I guess the advantage of having a job is that it changes the group of people you are involved with. Or at least it gives you a choice, you have the possibility spending time outside of the group of people who you are at present associated with.

As for people accepting you for who you are - I'd let that come in its own time. For example, if you take a job, or joint a club or enrol in a college course, don't start out by making that a pre-condition (I won't join unless you accept me as who I am). Just take part in something, and do it well, win people's trust because you are good at something. After that, people will value you - and not mind who you are.

edit: You don't need to even be good at something. If you join some sort of club, one which does some sort of activity, it is just the taking part which helps.

8. GalaxyDreamer90

Okay I'll see about joining a club even though I'm usually shy. Hopefully I can find a computer club or video game club. Unfortunately I dont think my school has a computer club or a video game club. There is a way to start a club at school but that would mean finding others who would be interested.