synchronicity, esp, guidance? - knowing the small things

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Mere Dreamer, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

I couldn't find a thread on this. Maybe I used the wrong terms to search for it.

This weekend I was searching for staples for a project. Everyone was out, and there are a LOT of places to look, since we have three offices in our house. Both of my parents and I work from home. coffee Somehow, my dad is the only one with a stapler, though.

I searched the obvious supply-drawer in his desk, and couldn't find the box. Then searched ev-ery-where! else, including the tool closet. I was about to give up, when I felt this nudge to go back to the first place I'd looked. Even though I knew it wasn't there, having already looked....

But I went and stared down at the desktop with a feeling, like "Why? I already looked here!" and got a clear vision of the drawer, with basically a circle around this one place just back of the center with a pointing gesture, like "look here!" ... so I pulled out the drawer.

Exactly where that mental circle had been there was a scrap of notepaper, and under the notepaper were the staples. I felt a little stunned, to say the least.

Has this sort of thing ever happened to you?

2. medieval queen

medieval queen New Member

yes all the time :rolleyes: ive lost many things and had some sort of force help me find it? i dont know if this ties in with this thread but once when i was younger i wrote a letter to someone i shouldnt have, i kept it on a little shelf under a plant pot obove my bed, i knew i would never send it, if i did my mother would kill me lol, so i just left it there for a few days, then one night as i was reading a book in bed the letter fell down infront of me?, i was suprised because it was under a pot?, so i thought nothing of it and put it back, the next day while i was at school my mother found the letter whilst tidying my room!!!!, i got into a lot of trouble and ended living with my gran as a result!, but my point is, something or someone was trying to warn me to get rid of the letter! OMG

3. Mere Dreamer

That's pretty interesting. I think anything of the sort fits in this thread. It's more a record of the unusual nudges we get in small things that are easy to overlook.

I've found things before I need them a few times.

That one seems pretty ordinary, because it happens to people all the time. It stands out the most when it's something I almost never use, and I encounter it in a junk drawer or a random box while I'm doing something else. Maybe I consider throwing it away, then shrug and put it back. Then, within a few days I'll suddenly have need of it. Because I just saw it, I know exactly where to find it.

Or someone will come along who needs just that tool, right? And I can quickly give it to them.

Right now I have a box of antique costume jewelry. A lot of it is broken, but could be used in crafts, so I just keep hanging onto it even though everything else in my house is easy to toss. I keep looking at it and wondering why it's still here, since I know I'm not going to use it. There's just this sense that someone needs it, and I haven't met them yet. :rolleyes: We'll see.

I'm so close to just Taz ... Hah! It's very illogical. If they come along I'll be all ... Oh, I knew it!!! But do I, really?

4. medieval queen

haha yes or if there is something there trying to influence our thoughts/desicions then they can be mischeives at times and make you look like an idiot!! for example if im looking for something, and ive searched the house from top to bottom, then say my husband comes and says have you looked in here? and ill be all stressed and say YES TWICE!!....and hel say well its here! so you didnt look hard enough!....lol so annoying wen you definatly know it wasnt there wen u looked

5. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

A fine set of examples of the magic of 'intuition' at work! :)

6. medieval queen

oh and have you ever had a song that reminds you of someone and then it comes on the radio and that person calls?? haha ;)

7. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Yes, exactly; amongst my friends, that "gift" (among several) is a joke with them to gently kid me about.

Even though I have Caller ID for security purposes, I make it a habit NOT to look at the screen right away, but to check it to see if my instincts were right before I answer.

And usually I'm right, but if I concentrate/rationalize and try to think about who it "might" be, I'm usually wrong.

However, if I go with my very "first" immediate "gut" instinct, I'm usually right and this holds true for a lot of my "gifts". :)

8. new_ager

new_ager New Member

I've had a different experience when it comes to lost stuff, and it's not similar to yours, so I think that I will just create my own thread for that one. No synchronicity whatsoever, but equally puzzling.

I read that our angels, spirit guides, and intuition are all responsible for such synchronicities, so I guess we should give them all the credit. wine**

9. Mere Dreamer

Last night I dreamed I visited my friend on the other side of the world. There were a lot of details in the dream, but most weren't real-life. I know her house doesn't look like it did in the dream, for example.

However, one of the details that jumped out at me was the fact that she had a cat with a wounded front paw. It was limping around the house as I petted some kittens that were also in the dream. I felt very strongly how sad it was that the cat was suffering.

They have a lot of cats, so it's not surprising I'd dream of cats in association with her, and when I talked to her she confirmed that they do have kittens right now, but none of her cats was injured.

What is surprising is that a couple hours after I told her the dream, one of her cats fell off the roof and is now limping from an injury to its front paw.

It feels a bit too random. But I figured I'd record it here anyway, just in case this sort of thing happens again.

fireflydancing likes this.
  10. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Sounds like you have precognition and clairvoyant ability. Has this happened before?

11. Mere Dreamer

I only started paying attention this year. Honestly, I'll be grateful not to have precognition, because it's my observation that there is rarely anything anyone can do about it.

If it happened in the past, I explained it away or ignored it.

(I lost quite a few years in a depression "fugue" of sorts.)

12. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

"Carl Jung coined the term synchronicity to describe the phenomenon of meaningful coincidence."

I just read something that seems unbelievable in many respects yet I do not doubt the person's words. I will encapsulate the text in a Spoiler to avoid a lengthy post.

From Shockey, Peter. Miracles, Angels & Afterlife: Signposts to Heaven (Kindle Locations 592-595). Open Road Media. Kindle Edition.

"In the next story, Ken Gaub from Yakima, Washington, describes an incredible event that defies any earthly explanation. It contains what some people would call a double synchronicity, in that it really involved two people’s needs. Ken wrote about it in his own book, God Calling, and he kindly flew to Nashville where we documented his story."

Note: Different Ken, not me click the Spoiler button.

Heaven Calling

Ken’s experience happened to him at a time when his traveling music ministry took him a thousand miles from home. He was at a crossroads in his life, not knowing if he was really helping anyone, and he was looking for a sign. “We were traveling as a musical family going through Ohio with two big motor coaches. Our family, some others, and a music group were going to churches and conventions giving concerts. I was personally going through a real trying time in my life, thinking, Where am I? What’s going on in my own life? I’m telling other people they can have answers. Do I really have the answers myself? Has God really called me or should I maybe quit and get a job?

“These thoughts were going over and over in my mind, so when everybody else went to eat, I stayed in the bus and sat for a while. I got thirsty and walked down the street to get a Pepsi. “As I walked back slowly, I heard a phone ring. And I listened and thought, What is that? “The phone booth near the gas station just rang and rang and rang and rang, and I thought, That’s odd. I wonder why it’s ringing like that maybe it’s an emergency or something for somebody close by. “So I just went into the phone booth, picked up the phone and said, Hello? “The operator said, ‘Person-to-person call for Ken Gaub.’

“Ha-ha.’ I laughed right out loud, and said, ‘You’re crazy! That’s impossible!’ “And then I thought, I know what it is. It’s Candid Camera or a setup of some kind. So I’m looking around and checking my hair and everything. “And I heard somebody saying, ‘I believe that’s him, I believe that’s him.’ And the operator said, ‘Well, is Ken Gaub there?’ “I said, ‘Yes, I’m Ken Gaub.’ “She said, ‘Are you sure?’ and I said, ‘Far as I know, I’m Ken Gaub!’ “And in a moment I’m talking to a lady who was in a hopeless time in her life and had written a suicide note.”

The woman, from another state, had only moments earlier made a desperate plea to God. She had asked to be shown a way out of her suicidal plans. She described to Ken that she immediately saw his image in her mind, recalling that she had once seen him on a television show. She remembered how wonderful his ministry was and how his words had spoken directly to her heart that day. She then thought, “If I could just talk to that man from TV—but how would I ever find him?”

No sooner had this thought passed than another image appeared. She began to see a string of numbers in her mind. She wrote them down on a piece of paper and thought to herself, “Could God really be answering my prayer by giving me that minister’s office number?” Thinking that she might be calling his West Coast office, she decided to place the call person-to-person so that she wouldn’t be screened by an efficient secretary. Little did she know that she wasn’t calling the West Coast at all but did indeed have Ken Gaub’s number.

Somehow a miraculous feat of synchronization had occurred. Ken continues, “And I’m thinking, How can this be? What are the odds that somebody would call somebody from another state and it be the right phone number and the right guy walking by. I don’t know if the odds are one in a billion or what. And so I talked with her and was telling her that suicide is not the answer.” As the woman listened, Ken spoke to her heart once again. He was able to calm her and help her find a reason for living.

Ken would stay in contact with her for several more months, counseling her regularly until he knew that her suicidal thoughts were behind her. “And that story took kind of a turn,” Ken adds, “from me helping this lady, to God actually helping me!” Immediately after the incredible phone call, Ken felt a renewed hope for his life and ministry. With his burden suddenly lightened, he had a new bounce in his step as he walked back to his bus and shouted to his wife, “Hey Barbara! God knows where we are!”

The odds, as Ken observes, are mathematically and scientifically against this kind of “coincidence” happening, especially involving two people whose needs are so great. Is it possible that prayer can link two people’s needs to provide a single answer? If there is indeed a way in which a conscious prayer can activate a divine chain of events on Earth, it boggles the mind and leaves one to wonder, how in Heaven’s name does it happen?

fireflydancing and Mere Dreamer like this.
  13. Mere Dreamer

That's a truly impressive story, @KenJ. I would be very impressed by that sort of odds, I think. So far I have to put the work in trying to connect the dots, or it's easier to think that a connection is just coincidence. It's rare for something to happen that pushes me past "Wow, I guessed right?" to "Okay, something consciously, directly linked that to me and there's no other explanation."

I recently had another odd experience of this kind.

A close friend of mine and I had been working on a project for several hours, taking old lamps apart and rewiring them. We had just finished and were cleaning up having thrown out many bits of wire and shuffled tools around from one place to another the whole time. Suddenly she looked closely at the coffee table, that had been a staging area and began frantically looking for something. She told me she had left a tiny magnetic nose ring with great sentimental value there. No matter where everyone looked there was no sign of it. She was ready to give up, having decided it had gone into the trash with the wire at some point.

On impulse I laughingly said, "This isn't how you find things, you know. This is!" And I sat straight up in classic meditation posture and closed my eyes. The kids burst out laughing, but she was suddenly calm and told them that they might be surprised, since everything has energy and sometimes people can sense that energy and find what they're looking for.

They calmed down and watched me expectantly as I "listened" and felt which direction it was in. In a moment I had the strong impression of direction and pointed, saying, "It's right there." I feel pretty safe around their family, so I knew nothing too terrible would happen if I was mistaken.

I was pointing an inch away from a small plastic box of bits and pieces like various kinds of screws and nails and such, a box she had already checked. She opened it again and took out one of the smaller plastic containers inside, directly in line with where I'd been pointing. The magnet was right there stuck to the plastic.

The kids were super impressed and they all spent the next hour playing games hiding stuffed animals and trying to sense where they'd been hidden, with only slight hints at accuracy. It was surprising how often they'd have an impression, then overthink it and end up choosing wrong, only to be frustrated with themselves for not listening to that initial impulse because it was pretty accurate. It was rather fun.

I need to remember to try this more often, instead of giving up or worrying over things.

SoulSurfer, Eevee and fireflydancing like this.