Ted Bundy

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jim78, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Ted Bundy makes me really curious. That this urbane, intelligent man could have been capable of such depravity shows me that evil can lurk anywhere, yet it was this article that threw up a question for me.

http://channelingerik.com/channeling-ted-bundy-part-one/

http://channelingerik.com/channeling-ted-bundy-part-two/

Whether or not mediums are real I don't know, but the idea of soul contracts is something that I've believed in since having soulmate encounters.

If Bundy contracted with his victims how is he ultimately responsible for the evils that he did? Bundy is perceived as being much more evil than my PLs because of the barbarity and madness of what he was engaged in, yet if soul contracts are real and he was simply fulfilling his life's mission then surely people like me can also be excused for the evils that we've committed? If soul contracts are real I don't understand why a soul would agree to be at Bundy's mercy.

Soul contracts feel logical to me given that reincarnation is a reality, after all, I've lived again and again even after all the violence I've committed, yet at the same time, why would anyone contract to be exposed to evil? What's the purpose? The article touches on it, saying that it was about teaching other people, but still. Although I do like the idea that the victims were actually being heroic given a prebirth soul contract, I just don't feel that people like Bundy, or indeed someone such as myself, who are perceived as being less purely evil than Bundy, should be let off of the hook so easily.

Given the extreme evils people can be exposed to on Earth, what is everyone's opinions of soul contracts?

2. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

I have no idea what to think of soul contracts, perhaps something I should look into

Remember though, EVERYONE is capable of anything under certain circumstances
    Some people told me that "I could never kill someone" yes you can, it just depends on the situation
    For some people their ruthless side is more closer on the surface, I know full well what I'm capable of and need to be aware of it others don't know how far they're capable of or willing to go
    For example: a quiet suburban soccer mom who not even swears 'suddenly' stabs a man to death and everyone's surprised that she's capable of it, but why did she snap? The guy hurt her child
    That's a true story

Guys like Bundy know what they're capable of but lack the ability to keep their barbaric side (the best I could think off) in check and do what they want untill stopped by force

3. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Judging by the lack of replies it seems nobody has any idea about soul contracts CanSol.

While I agree that everyone is capable of anything I still can't fathom a man like Bundy. I've seen pictures of Bundy's victims. Most of them were dark haired and gorgeous, just the kind of women I am attracted to actually. Whereas when I see a woman like that I want to be a man for her and care for her Bundy saw women like that and he wanted to cut their heads off and put them in his shed among even more vile things.

That's just not an impulse I can understand. While everyone is capable of killing I just don't think that the majority of people can share Bundy's dark impulses. What I'm saying is that if indeed his soul was contracted to do such things then not only was he a slave to his own impulses, but also to his own destiny, just as his victims were slaves to their own destinies.

That's why the notion of soul contracts fascinates me. How much are we ultimately responsible for?

4. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

That's a hard question to answer and since I don't even see one other regular here, then they're clueless as well

5. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Yea CanSol.

This link gives a good analogy for how soul contracts, free will and destiny works:

http://foreverconscious.com/destiny-fate-and-soul-contracts

If Bundy and his victims were simply climbing their mountains via routes of their own choosing were they all ultimately destined to be victims of Bundy's impulses? I include Bundy in this as he wouldn't have gotten the chair if he hadn't of acted out on his impulses.

I know its a difficult question but I find that much clarity can come from asking the difficult questions. Its very easy to say that one has a soul contract with someone but the consequences of a belief in reincarnation and soul contracts are these questions of free will versus predeterminism and the role of evil in life on Earth.

I'm not trying to let my past lives off the hook for the evil they've done. I'm just curious about how much is destiny and how much is choice.

6. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

Jim, look up the Erik channeled interviews with Hitler and Himmler wherein you will find a great deal more information about soul contracts...they are real and we each have them. As abhorrent as it appears to our human morals and social expectations that anyone would dial in a life which included dreaded diseases or to die tragically, it is not the human body and life, but the eternal soul who makes the contracts and seeks the experience. By and large the victims of atrocity have included such dramatic ends as a part of their life plan and life contracts. A further interview in "The Amendment" was the Las Vegas shooter who had contracts with most of the victims...though some additional souls took the opportunity to get shot without having an established contract with the shooter, rather just had a planned "exit point" which was facilitated by the shooter.

7. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

My thought is that it doesn't matter on this side of the veil. Saying "they must have had a contract to allow me to abuse them" doesn't make my behavior healthy when I harm others. Making the excuse sabotages my growth in this life. So perhaps people who behave in this way do have contracts, but I'm not willing to throw up my hands and say, "Ah, well, it's all the same on the other side," while leaving abusers to have their way in the world without opposition. Though at the same time, truly respecting a victim's free will can include allowing them to remain the victim. *sighs*

I can more easily understand people who have "world changing goals" who incidentally crush people on their way to "a better life for all" as having contracts.

Thought: It's possible that part of the contract is to make humans aware of how very dark the shadow-side of humanity can be so we are stirred up to act against it; that some people become a visible representation of a problem that would otherwise fester far too long, and essentially activate those who become more sensitive to the problem as a result.

In that case, the Bundy avatar would be a visible dramatization of an often ignored cultural trend that affects a significant percentage of the population. Probably the problem of ignoring the basics of consent and respect in relationships, male dominance, ... etc. It doesn't make what he did okay or something to ignore if the whole point is to push people who might otherwise ignore the problem or pretend there's nothing anyone can do into creative action to prevent it from happening again.

This theory reminds me of the YouTube videos people make of going out in public and acting out some scene or stereotype, then recording the reactions of the people around them as a way to illustrate various positive and negative traits of society. Of course, they always end up snapping out of character while still on screen, thus reassuring us that they really aren't the abuser/victim they were playing; putting a neon arrow over the idea that it's okay to learn the lesson and go back to our daily lives without hating them, personally.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    inhaltslos likes this.
  8. glia21

glia21 explorer21

Hi - when I was a teenager I was exposed to extreme mobbing at school. It was really bad and I felt embarrassed to tell anyone. I practically had no friends at that time and it went on for years. When the teachers finally noticed it they didn´t help me. My parents noticed it quite late and I denied to talk about it. I felt it strange for my personality to be blocked that much and to have such a deep feeling of helplessness. At the peak of it I suddenly got the strong message that this was pre-arranged and nothing personal - it was a vision, a message and very clear. And I couldn´t believe it first but I saw the same kids who were making fun of me and I experienced them as friends or maybe companions in a way. Since then I´ve never had any problem like this. Before and after that episode I wasn´t blocked again. Maybe what I gained from it - besides being traumatized too - was my strong sense to stick to school this time and not run away like last time ;-)

This is nothing like the Ted Bundy case of course but still seems to have been a contract of some sort?

9. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I checked out the Hitler interview usetawuz, I couldn't find the Himmler interview though. I also checked out some other channeled 'celebrity' interviews on that channel and one of them jumped out at me as being something that I know in myself to be total nonsense, so I take channeling Erik with a pinch of salt.

That doesn't change the fact that soul contracts might be a reality however. It does make me wonder how much a soul is actually responsible for though.

10. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Mere Dreamer. I can't speak for anyone else, but knowing that I might have contracted beforehand with the victims of my tactics in various lives doesn't give me any solace nor make me feel confident in the inhumanities I participated in. I still feel the guilt of my actions. By the same token just because I know people will live again it doesn't mean its OK to kill people. I endeavour to respect others free will even if it has the potential for conflict with my own free will. I guess its hard being a member of the human race. I don't know how to oppose evil in a peaceable manner however. That's something I'm struggling with.

I can understand people with 'world changing goals' more easily too. Being contracted to do such things makes more sense to me than the total barbaric madness that the likes of Bundy engaged in.

So your proposing that Bundy's role was a call to arms? He existed to inspire people to oppose him?

The you tube example is a great analogy. Perhaps, as people witness those videos from the comfort of there own homes disincarnate spirits also view Bundy from a state of comfort. That doesn't make dealing with such people while we are on earth any easier though.

Mere Dreamer likes this.
  11. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi GMc. I'm not sure its trauma that inspires sociopaths to evil, I see it as being more likely early exposure to unhealthy ways of thinking and behaviour. Psychopaths and sociopaths are being assigned behaviours based on an adult perception of them. In my experience such personality types are reactive, not fully nuanced adults. I don't doubt they have their roles to play in a spiritual sense though. Karmic debts can take many forms.

12. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Hi Glia. I was bullied at school for nine years growing up. Now that I'm aware of reincarnation and the lessons I've learnt in my current life I'm very much aware that my childhood experiences shaped me. Without them I wouldn't be the person I am today. It makes more sense to me to have grown up being bullied than to have people aware of my past lives and blowing smoke up my rear.

I needed to be humbled.

Like you I now believe that that was a contract that I signed up to. This topic is more about the notion of soul contracts than it is specifically about Bundy anyway, so what you said was very relevant. Thanks for sharing.

13. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

In my experience it takes a lot to traumatise a sociopath GMc. I know this from experience. Even when the trauma settles they revert back to childish behaviour. Its not a question of nurture in my experience, its a question of nature. Sociopaths revert to such abberant behaviour because they don't have the mental capacity to evolve into an adult. Everyone, including myself at one stage, subscribe to the idea of pinning adult motivations and reactions onto sociopaths. I've learned that that's an error. Sociopaths don't simply lack empathy, their disability is more far reaching and deeply ingrained in them than that. I'm not going to go into details about how I know this but suffice to say, once I discovered it I realised that the prisons should be emptied and the homes for the mentally disabled opened up.

I didn't say you thought unrequited love was the only type of karma. I didn't even know you were a woman until I read it in your post just now. I wasn't being sarcarastic either. I've just had a lot of experience dealing with sociopaths and psychopaths and I offered my own take on it. Its just different from yours.

14. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

Hi GMc, I liked your post before because I found the idea of the loss of a piece of soul causing mental disorders interesting. The whole soul contract topic is not very clear to me yet so I didn't expand on it with a reply. That's pretty much all.

Jim's reply didn't sound sarcastic to me, he just expressed his opinion. He's free to do so, isn't he? It objectively wasn't an offensive reply.

15. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Jim,

Hmm. First, I have an innate distrust for channeled information. This doesn't mean that I would never give it any credence, but it has to overcome a very strong presumption of untrustworthiness in my mind. Consequently, channeled stuff like this doesn't really nudge my dials very much. There is a lot of this kind of stuff out there, and I pay very little attention to most of it. Second, I have no reason to trust this particular source. Third, there was (and may still be) a member on this board who claimed to have been TB. (The last may not be a total knock-out, as there are supposedly aspects of ourselves that remain in the spirit realm during embodiment). Fourth, most contracts I have heard of take place between members of a soul group and have to do with how they will get together and interact while embodied. Fifth, it is causing me some problems to think that people are allowed to make contracts with each other to commit/suffer real evil at each others hands. I have heard of contracts where spirits were to act in the role of an overly strict and critical parent, and that was agreed to by the "child", but I have trouble believing that the same parents and child would be part of a contract with each other by which they agreed that the parents would torture and murder the child, or that this type of contract would be countenanced by those in charge of such things. This doesn't mean that someone's life plan might not include being murdered. Those in charge seem to have a very good idea of the future and how things are going to go down, and seem to be able to incorporate that into the plan, but that opens up questions of a quite different nature.

Cordially,
    S&S

16. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

PS--I forgot my most important objection!o_O The only witness for these alleged contracts is Ted Bundy! Think about that for a moment. People, are you really willing to take Ted Bundy's word that he had people's agreement to kill them? The proposed (and only) witness for the proposition at issue is a notorious conscienceless con-man and killer. Should you trust this man?:eek:

17. GMc

GMc New Member

I was talking about what makes a sociopath not how to traumatise someone who already is one and trauma doesn't "settle" ( just sticking this message here as deleting posts and profile and don't want to leave it looking like I've given wrong information, happy debating)

18. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I distrust channeled information too S&S. I doubt the validity of the source too. I'm just using it to illustrate the notion of soul contracts and how far reaching are they.

I also don't understand how a loving God would have people contract to do evil to one another.

How do you think it works if people can have a life plan to be murdered but nobody's contracted to be the murderer?

I guess it boils down to how much is predetermined and that's a question that can't be answered.

19. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I wouldn't trust Bundy either S&S. I don't like Hitlers attitude in his interview either. He expressed no regrets, it was all just the role he played. Seems wrong to me.

20. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

No GMc. You were talking about what you and the general population thinks makes a sociopath. I'm saying different based on my experience. You haven't given wrong information based on what you think you know about sociopaths. I was searching for a weakness through trauma or a psychological quirk in them. It was impenetrable because of their nature. They aren't what you think they are.