Terror barrier and thin spots in the veil

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by KenJ, Dec 20, 2018.

1. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

My mind plays tricks with me. It wants to avoid cruelty.
    When in a series of memories ‘I’ was about to get tortured in some dungeon in old Greece, my memory went on blank and I felt that particular rush in real life that my I was about to leave my body.
    In other series of flashes, I saw cruel things drawn on paper. I am still puzzled with that drawing of cut off arms. It was called: the arms of the lovers. It was not just a flash, I was given time to see and understand.

Or, I’ve seen such a beautiful scene seen through the eyes of a native American on a horse. His people were moving with all their belongings. They went slow. It was a great open area and he rushed with his horse. It was beautiful to watch the colors of the sky, the dust clouds. He was guarding their travell against a distance.
    At the moment of his death, he was in a fight. I guess in a war with another tribe. The man who killed him had a painted face. I saw the last seconds as a drawing and moving like a cartoon movie. My skull was split in two.

Speedwell and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  2. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I think it is remarkable how our minds(?) protect us when there is too much to take in healthfully. In this lifetime I accepted my disability in stages, or steps, until I had an emotional crisis that resulted in my need for my wife and kids to come, more than two months post-injury, some two hours drive to comfort me. So, having experienced this phenomenon, I expected to have something similar happen with those memories that seem to be overwhelming.

Kenz1010, Jim78 and tanker like this.
  3. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

When I am getting flashes, the really ugly stuff is there, but it is really short. Too short to interfere or really react. The shock comes later, sometimes much later. Like an image of a battlefield, a city during the Plague (obviously, describing details probably won't be suitable for children)... such things.
    I also had it during a regression that I fully experienced a happy moment (saw my six children in a tribal surrounding, felt a happiness beyond words) and got the rest as "sudden knowledge" (was spared the experience, just knew I saw them all die, then died myself).

Kenz1010 and tanker like this.
  4. AlexD

AlexD aka Shadow

I get such sudden downloads of information too. Not reliving the experience but just knowing certain things happened. It's like I am blinded to them. I do get a taste of the emotions I felt back then though... it deeply affects me. In those moments, I feel like I could go mad.

5. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

There was something I left out in describing the terror barrier as I experience it. I'd be especially curious if anyone else has had this experience: The fear I experience is a different kind of fear. It is not the type of "normal" fear associated with the terrible but tangible things that beset us living in this world. It is a sense of a very terrifying supernatural . . . something. I can't say exactly what. All I know is that it is impossible for me to proceed any further.

C. S. Lewis speaks of the difference between the ordinary fear that one would feel if they were told that there was a tiger on the other side of a door (and they believed it) and the fear that they would experience if they were told that there was a supernatural being on the other side of the door (and they believed it). The latter presence could be both benign or malevolent, but either way it is a different type of awe and fear than what is felt in the presence of a "natural" danger, e.g., a tiger. Likewise, there is a different type of supernatural fear felt in the presence of an archangel and that felt in the presence of an archdemon (or insert whatever suits you in terms of evil entities).

All I know is that what I experience is not a fear that seems completely tied to something dreadful that happened in a past lifetime. It may be connected to it, but it is something dreadful that is beyond that, though I cannot tell what it is.

Cordially,
    S&S

6. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

The following is what BB commnicated to me on theses things.........What reveals itself to me is no longer mysterious or terrifying.....When I tell you John Tat my words do not portray any sense of understanding..... Information yes but no understanding.....,

7. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

John, it is obvious that you have gone through the fearful part and are able to feel comfortable; I'm glad that you have accomplished that and wish that I was as capable. I wrote my thoughts about this protective mechanism that is used both to protect us from harm and give us a hiding place earlier today (personal notes). Some of my personal experiences have shown me how I've have been protected (protected myself?), and I still don't know where the protection comes from or who controls it - that's why I added the "Thin spots in the veil" in the title.