The Christian Haupt Story

Discussion in 'Books about Children's Past Lives' started by autumnleavesnnovember, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Fascinating discussion Ken and Sunday. Great debate. My only addition is that Sunday when you say
    What about our experiences?

2. autumnleavesnnovember

autumnleavesnnovember Active Member

First, you, Deborah, and I'm glad to see you finally joining the thread. :) Well, our experiences shape our beliefs, but my experiences might be very different than your experiences. What if they highly conflict about the afterlife? Whose beliefs and experiences are correct and how do we know who is right or wrong? Or, is the afterlife different for everyone, and thus there's no point "debating" it anyway? That's the direction I was going in, but do tell me what you're thinking.

Sunday

3. autumnleavesnnovember

autumnleavesnnovember Active Member

I talked with Carol, about this case before the book, before the internet posts. I need to read it yet to really comment, but IMHO it should have been written by a third unbiased party. Presentation is everything![/QUOTE]

But is wasn't written by an unbiased party. How could it even have been? All someone can do in this case is state if they believe the boy's mother is telling the truth or not. Carol obviously believes her, Jim Tucker wasn't sure what to believe, I don't believe her, others do believe her . . . .

There's just no "evidence" in this case to be proved.

4. GuySittingintheStands

GuySittingintheStands New Member

Hi, Just thought I'd submit my two cents worth after finishing Cathy Byrd's book, reading the comments on this forum, then re-reading Cathy Byrd's book to make sure we were reading the same book. I thought Cathy Byrd knocked it out of the park. She wrote a very readable, very well written, very enjoyable, interesting, and I thought convincing book. Mom, Apple Pie, Baseball, the Flag, and Past Life Regression! Who knew!

As to her critics, some of their comments should be well taken (especially wrt Cathy Byrd's PLR experiences), but I thought other criticisms should not be, especially those of PamelaV, the nurse. Christian's breathing ailments could be and probably should be counted as related to Lou Gehrig's progressive ALS, which, in the end, would paralyze his breathing muscles, so much so, that he ultimately died of asphyxiation, as do most ALS victims. Also note that after Christian had come to terms with his previous identity (Lou Gehrig), his breathing problems, which had plagued his toddler years despite some of the best doctoring in southern California, went away.

But let's say Cathy Byrd made the whole thing up. Let's say she planted the idea in little Christian's head that he was Lou Gehrig in a previous life. Is there any evidence outside of her statements to back up the claim that Christian Haupt was/ is, in fact, Lou Gehrig in a previous life? I submit there is evidence, but probably not the kind some of her critics would accept.

p.23 the incident in Fenway Park where 2 year old Christian begs his mother (Cathy Byrd) to buy him a large photograph of Red Sox greats Ted Williams and Bobby Doerr from 1939, despite the tons of other baseball trinkets for sale. I'm guessing most 2 year olds would have gone for the bobble-heads.

p.97 the incident where 4 year old Christian out of the blue tells Tommy Lasorda (Hall of Fame former manager of the Dodgers) that he (Tommy Lasorda) used to play for the Yankees. Tommy replies, "Yes, son, I used to play for the Yankee organization for one year" a fact that is virtually unknown to even die-hard baseball fans. Either this incident happened or it didn't. But maybe Cathy found out beforehand and planted it into her son's head.

p.98 and ff. the whole relationship between Tommy Lasorda and Christian Haupt starting with Cathy telling Coach Lasorda that Christian "was a big fan of Lou Gehrig. Did you see Lou Gehrig play?" Tommy Lasorda leaned down to Christian and [purportedly] says: "Oh, you picked a good one," he said in a soft voice. "One of the best, he was my hero when I was a kid." He goes on to say that he had actually had dreams as a 15 year old of pitching in Yankee Stadium "with Bill Dickey as my catcher, and Lou Gehrig as my first baseman." It's pretty apparent that Tommy Lasorda idolized the Yankees growing up. Later on Tommy takes a personal interest in Christian's life journey, so much so, that to Christian and the Haupt family, he becomes "Uncle Tommy."

p.106 the similarity in hitting mechanics, Christian's habit of tipping his hat to the fans after scoring a run but before entering the dugout (just like Lou Gehrig), and then, of course, Christian's breathing ailments, that would go away after he came to terms with his previous identity but, tragically, in the end would kill Lou Gehrig, who would slowly be paralyzed by ALS.

p.174 the bizarre coincidence of the ALS ice bucket challenge occurring while Christian was just coming out of his "Lou Gehrig" phase (summer 2014). The challenge raised $115 million and the money used to identify one of the genes contributing to ALS, which hopefully will set the stage for a cure some day.

p.208 and throughout. the close mother son relationship between Cathy Byrd -- who becomes a huge Little League Mom -- and her son Christian, mirroring the mother son relationship between Mom Gehrig -- who would become a huge Little League supporter in Milford, Connecticut after her son's and husband's deaths --
    and Lou. We'll see how this plays out, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

and finally p.220, the incident where Christian and Cathy divert to Tampa Bay instead of Albany, NY on their way back to California, where, unbeknownst to them, the Tampa Bay Rays were having some sort of ALS awareness day. Of course, Christian and Cathy won the large framed photo of Lou Gehrig that was being auctioned off that day for charity. I say "of course" as if something or someone were trying to get our attention.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017