The Elephant in the Room: Wuhan/Corona/Covid 19 Viral Pandemic

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by SeaAndSky, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma...

For those who are sensitive and in connection with the higher realms, did you know that Covid-19 is helping Mother Earth shift into the 5th Dimension? The lock down in certain countries are a result of her healing most likely each country as she pleases.

(I did have a graph to share, but there’s one word on it that the forum doesn’t allow so I won’t add it...)

In Australia, we are in stage 2 of lockdown, but we are still able to go out and live normally with precautions. A lot of non essential stores are closing, so I’m thinking I might go into the bookstore and get some books. Some are wearing masks, some are wearing gloves.

Eva x

2. BellonaStrandt

BellonaStrandt Generalissimus

I have mixed feelings, mostly boredom and frustration.

I was initially afraid but then again, I don’t think I should be scared to die or even get the virus. I mean, my immune system is strong and I’ve been taking proper precautions. I have two friends who ended up testing positive but they are both recovering. I’m really a healthy person in general so if I do get it, I’ll definitely recover. I’m more concerned for the people around me so that’s why I’m taking precautions. I don’t want them to get sick. They aren’t as healthy as me.

I’m definitely not scared to the point that I’ll hoard tissue paper. I cannot help but judge people who do that like why toilet paper? Why not imperishable food? I cannot help but laugh at them.

I’m an ambivert. My introverted part of me is happy that I can stay home for a longer time and there’s less people in the streets. However, my extroverted part of me is bored. I miss my friends so much. I wanna visit their houses but I can’t. I want to go to the mall for no reason and do some stuff outside the house. The mall near me is unfortunately not safe because infected people go there. Anyway, being cooped up here is frustrating and boring. I tried to occupy myself but the monotony is still there.

Thank goodness I have many online friends or I would be very lonely.

Ophelia3 and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  3. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I'm into my third week of isolation. I found the first two very difficult, with high levels of stress. However, the longer it goes on the more it seems possible to adjust my frame of mind. I'm no longer thinking about my 'old' way of life and regretting what I've lost, I'm concentrating on the task in hand and making a 'new' life for myself. So far at least, it's working well. Whatever people's situation, I think it's possible to find moments of pleasure to make it easier. Sure, your world gets a lot smaller, but it's still a world.

4. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

... carrying on from my previous post, here's something else that has worked for me regarding isolation. If you're going through a rough patch when you're bored and don't find much pleasure in anything, trying out something entirely new can sometimes help. For instance, I felt I needed something different to help with this new lifestyle. So I bought myself an electronic keyboard, and it's given me the kick start I needed. It's not connected with the lifestyle I've just lost, it's something in addition to my new one. It's put some excitement into an otherwise frustrating situation.

Someone long ago told me I was 'obsessed with fresh starts.' That's probably true, in all sorts of ways. It wasn't very helpful at the time, but maybe it is now!

5. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Here's something worth writing about! Yesterday our Health Service asked for volunteers. Things were looking bad, and they needed 250,000. So far, they've had over 400,000! There are still plenty of good people about.

Ophelia3, landsend, Speedwell and 2 others like this.
  6. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

I’m gutted I can’t volunteer. My kids require my full attention and I can’t drive anyhow (my driving test was the day they cancelled them all!!!). It would mean I’d only be helpful ringing folks and I’m not talkative enough for that!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    tanker and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  7. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

As governments around the world spend trillions of dollars they don't have .... these stimulus packages are all paper money none of it is real money .. the money doesn't exist its all numbers on a ledger
    Governments have no intentions of paying back there national debts so why should they care? So when we all get our government handouts both private and business you should record for the information of your children and children's children where and how it all went wrong

8. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi John,

You may be right, but sometimes it is just a question of making it through the current crisis, even if it means creating another issue you have to deal with up the road.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--I wish it wasn't so, but that is the way it goes.

Ophelia3 likes this.
  9. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I tried to volunteer for phone duty, but they wanted to do it by mobile and my mobile just isn't reliable for calls, so I couldn't get any further. There wasn't a space on the form for landlines.

10. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

I will say that such events as the one we are currently experiencing is going to be increasingly frequent and more intense including the earth changes like earthquakes, weather changes, and many other things as the decade plays out. There is mentionings online with something to happen around 2027 or so continuing on into the early 2030s culminating with the big event somewhere around those years.

Ophelia3 and Eva1942 like this.
  11. SeaAndSky

Hi TaBA,

I've been hearing about possible "earth changes" for a long time now (actually since sometime in the 60s). It does make me wonder sometime. I will say that there is a good chance that we have just entered (1) the age of pandemics and climate change, and that they may play an increasing role in our lives and in the world in the years ahead. We'll adjust. :cool: Then there are (2) those darn UFOs. They don't even bother to sneak around anymore and just harass rubes in the wilderness (if they ever did). ;) However, be that as it may, there are so many blatant sightings with even the military being involved that it makes me a bit nervous. Anyhow, I've been wondering for a while now about all of that stuff. Cayce was predicting (3) big stuff for the end of the last century. Pole shifts and the like. It didn't happen, but perhaps he just misjudged the timing. We will see, but I'm not looking forward to it myself. Global cataclysms can leave a bad taste in your mouth. :confused: Hopefully we can deal with (1) pandemics, climate change and (2) aliens. However, (3) mile high tidal waves sweeping the globe, land sinking and disappearing, etc. --definitely not my cup of tea. :eek:

Cordially,
    S&S

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  12. John Tat

Hi S&S [
    This is the failing of not only governments but ourselves.. Most times (which excludes medical conditions and emergencies) we find ourselves in bad situations because we are only concerned about "the now.". I have no patience for those who have problems bought about because of there failings to manage there own affairs in a proper manner.. Its all very well to say" I had "no control or options" that is BS... we all have plenty of control and options for many given situation

All The Best

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  13. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

The timing of events and whither or not they happen is decided on the other side then there is the whole timelines that complicates things. Ultimately we'll all be fine however we are in for a ride as the last few years tick by, people are going to like the new Earth plus this will be an opportunity for those wanting to go elsewhere.

LisaR likes this.
  14. Ophelia3

Ophelia3 Senior Registered

Hopefully this is the wake up call we needed to initiate necessary changes! I’m probably being overly optimistic though.

15. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma...

Today, a major win for workers like me in our brand of supermarket/grocery store! We are now not allowed to pack customers bags as it is now against government health regulations (it was a added bonus service we had before). Also we are allowed wear gloves and/masks on the register (in truth we had been wearing gloves for a few days before this).

Also, social distancing is now enforced too. We are not allowed to serve the next person in line until the one before it has left. But still, people don’t understand how this works, or they are just plain ignorant. My shop workers union I am with, is pushing for supermarket chain employers to pay us an extra $5 per hour as a ‘hazard allowance’.

Personally, I wore gloves today and many of my other co-workers did too, but you must treat a pair of gloves like a second pair of hands and sanitise the gloves too. I changed gloves about three times to stop the spread of ANY germs that may have been on them. I have NEVER resorted to such measures but the time has come to do stuff like this. I know gloves literally do nothing, but it’s an extra protection for me. Will I wear a mask? Yes if I had to. But right now, I don’t need to.

Must admit, as a lip reader and growing up in a homewith a industrially deaf father, I find it quite intimidating that I cannot see people’s lips when they are wearing a mask.

Eva x

tanker, SeaAndSky and Ophelia3 like this.
  16. SeaAndSky

New Orleans may become the new Wuhan epicenter for the U.S.--blame Mardi Gras:

https://news.trust.org/item/20200325200808-oc1ie A quote:

"Mardi Gras was the perfect storm, it provided the perfect conditions for the spread of this virus," said Dr. Rebekah Gee, who until January was the Health Secretary for Louisiana and now heads up Louisiana State University's health care services division.

She noted that Fat Tuesday fell on Feb. 25, when the virus was already in the United States but before the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and national leaders had raised the alarm with the American public.

"New Orleans had its normal level of celebration, which involved people congregating in large crowds and some 1.4 million tourists," Gee said. "We shared drink cups. We shared each other's space in the crowds. People were in close contact catching beads. It is now clear that people also caught coronavirus."

Gee said that the explosive growth rate of the coronavirus in the Mississippi River port city means "it's on the trajectory to become the epicenter for the outbreak in the United States."

I can't really jump on them. :cool: It is hard to believe, but it has only been a month ago, and people were barely concerned about it yet. Wow. A lot can change in one month! o_O

S&S

17. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

More and more German supermarket chains have decided to pay their workers an extra bonus as a little thank you. Good thing they appreciate the hard work of their staffs.

What touched me deeply was when I read of a priest in Italy who sacrificed himself by giving his intensive care place with a lung ventilator to somebody else so that the other person may live. The priest died of Covid-19. But what a great example of altruism and caring for others!

LisaR, Ophelia3, tanker and 2 others like this.
  18. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Oh that actually made me cry. How many people would choose to do that? Also what a great example of personal faith.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  19. SeaAndSky

:(I would like to sugar-coat this, but this is a place for bad news as well as good. Hopefully, this will turn out to be a "worst case scenario" that did not happen, but . . . these seem to be pretty reputable folks doing the projections (with current precautions in place):

"The analysis estimated that approximately 81,000 people in the US will die from the virus over the coming four months.

Estimates ranged between 38,000 and more than 160,000."

https://news.yahoo.com/us-virus-deaths-may-top-80-000-despite-161924116.html

;)OTOH, with shelves stripped bare, there are still things most people don't want to eat, including most especially anything vegan (check out the pictures):

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241519911.html

S&S

John Tat likes this.
  20. John Tat

The medical experts are now say the virus will return next year and very likely every year thereafter They are hopeful that a vaccine will be found in time for next year..At the very least we can expect another bad year of the virus,... not as bad as this year but still bad enough There problem is this is a brand new virus they know little about and even the experts admit there is a lot of guess work going on about what to do in a medical way.. Isolation is just a safeguard because science has no real ways of protecting us... As they say its all up to us to halt the spread of the virus because they can't and that is the most significant thing about what is going on... it's all up to us... A vaccine is the only answer to containing this virus not us.... Let's hope they can develop one