The Four Signs of Children's Past Life Memory

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Deborah, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
  2. Rose

Rose Registered

My youngest child seems to display some of the four signs.

Last June we were re housed 250 miles away to Devon(to escape my abusive ex husband)
    The very first time we went past a small house (the day we moved-(we hadnt been to view the house before)across the road from a church,five minutes walk from our new home my son said he had lived in the 'church house' as he calls it when he was 6 years old.He is 3.

He said his father had worked on the farm-there is no farm there now but one not far away that might have extended in the past, and also his mum wasnt me then but a teacher.The little house is next to what would have been the village school.

There have been lots of bits of information he has dropped into conversations.Once in the bath he said the bath in his church house was in the kitchen-it might well have been many years ago but cannot see he would guess this.He also said one of the sheep dogs on the farm had blue eyes.I have seen sheepdogs with blue eyes but not sure he has-both our dogs have brown.He said he helped lady farmer collect eggs and the farmer milk cows 'pulling those things underneath'(udders?)

In the playground adjacent to the house and oppsite the church he once told my older children there were dead people.There is no graveyard at the church now so I think I am going to check out if there used to be one where he said there are other things like when his Grandpa dn he helped make a track for the horse and cart.He has only one grandfather who doesnt do anything with him and he has always called grandad.
    He also only ever insists he was 6 never 7.

He said he died when he was 6. I asked how. He said he fell in the river (which is close by) and so I asked if he died in the water he said no he got home went to bed abd died.He loves water especially the sea but whenever we walk by that bit of river he will stay as far away as possible even when the other say they have spotted some fish or something he is very nervous about looking and holds on to me tightly
    There are lots of other snippets he gives us. I am just curious as to what other people think

3. Dr.K.S.Rawat

Dr.K.S.Rawat Senior Registered

Dear Rose,
    Your wonderful child's account gives me a number of features often found in spontaneous recalls by children all over the world. It deserves a careful investigation.
    Regards,
    Kirti:)

4. Rose

Rose Registered

Dear Kirti,
    Thankyou for your reply. Have you any hints or suggestions about my son? I want to look up local records to see if anything he has said about the area in the past is correct. I have meant to for a long while but as a single parent of 5 children and trying to study full time as well things often get put on hold. Should we just wait for him to talk about it and make a note of what hes said. It is happening a little less often but when we go past 'his old house' it seems to set him off again about it
    THankyou again
    Rose

5. Dr.K.S.Rawat

Dr.K.S.Rawat Senior Registered

Dear Rose,
    1.I agree with all that you propose to do.
    2.I am also inclined to suggest to you to follow what curious_girl has advised.
    3.Have you noted down every statement made by your wonderful son?Please do it in future also.
    4.I wish very much to come and investigate myself but I am far away!
    Best wishes,
    Kirti:)

6. Rose

Rose Registered

I will try and do some investigating in my local library and record department over the next week or so and will post anything I find out.Thankyou for your interest
    Rose:)

7. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

Hi Rose ~

Check out your local library ... asked for the "Closed Stacks" section, or the section that is devoted to your state. In my town, our library has a "Pennsylvania Room" that is full of wonderful information for genealogy, and is very helpful in researching the past of your area.

Be careful ... you could get lost in there for hours ;) :)

Good luck to you. I am traveling a similar path to yours. My best advice to you would be to keep your ears and eyes open, and be very careful to ask open questions, not to suggest answers at any time. Little ones really love to please, and they will give the answer they feel Mommy wants to hear.

Also, your local courthouse will have the deeds for the properties you are interested in. I would think they are open for public viewing.

Best wishes to you.

Mama2HRB

8. cosmicstorm

cosmicstorm Registered

showing some signs

Hi to you all I have just joined as yesterday my son started acting really strange for about 5mins. First of all is it poss for a child as young as 18months (but who has always done things like walk early situp ect) to remember about a past life? Anyway let me explain what happend I was out the kitchen making myself a coffee when i heard a voice shouting the word "fire" over and over i stoped what i was doing and went to look out of my livingroom window as the voice was coming from that dircetion. As i entered the room i was scared to see my 18 months old son rolling around on the floor with a look of pain on his face saying the word fire. I have to point out that my son has started talking alittle like saying mum, dad, doggie, drink, dindins, however the voice he was talking in did not sound like his it sounded like a men the voice was deep and really loud. I tryed to pick my son up and hold him to try and calm him but he would not let me touch him. I could do nothing but watch him roll around on the floor repeating the word fire. After this finished my son cryed for longer then normal till he went to sleep. I told my partner what had gone on and was shooked to find out that my son had been showing other sings to.

My partner has been trying to teach my son to say his name and when asked what his name is he has replyed with the name Jerry. However we have never said the name and noone who we know is called Jerry (my son hasnt even seen the cartoon tom and Jerry) We dont get this all the time but we do pick up on a few little things that maybe nothing at all but we are unsure. Like a few weeks ago we were tidying out my car and we sat our son on the drivers set to play and he climbed over to the passenger set and played at driving there and tryed to change gear with his right had as if he was driving a left hand drive car. He also shows a few signs in his play cars he races them round in circles then after a min or 2 he crash's (the same colour cars everytime) and a few end up on there roof others on there side then he gets my attention and points at the cars and say's "deaded"

I have spoken to my mum about this coz she can remember when i was young and some of the things i told her about a past life, and she said my son is showing stronger and more memories then i did mine was just about a beach with killerwhales washed up but anyway my son is trying to tell me something and due to the fact that his still so young he cant talk to me about whats going on his getting frustrated and like most parents my partner and i want to help him understand it's nothing to be scared of his going to be fine. I have started to keep a list of things he does it's as if his trying to tell us so much but cant get it across to us yet.

Has anyone got anything hints that may help?
    take care

9. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Hi there Cosmicstorm and Welcome to the forum :)

It certainly sounds like your son is experiencing and sharing past life memories and snippets with you from what you have shared above - and right now, in my personal opinion - you are doing a wonderful job by just allowing him to release these memories and accepting them for what they are. It is really quite amazing how priceless this faith in your child alone has…not many parents realise the value of just listening and understanding and what a massive release this is for the child experiencing possible traumatic memories like these.

There are quite a few threads in our FAQ section that I think you would find particularly interesting in regards to your son and his experiences, so I have bought them up here for you, so that all you need to do is click through to read them, rather than search all through yourself :)

Before I add them though, I just wanted to commend you for keeping a journal of all these experiences through your son, as I believe journals are invaluable in such instances as you have described. It’s always easy to forget them little pieces of the puzzle over time, but by keeping a note of everything as you have been, really will pay off in the long run and you and your partner should be patting yourselves on the back for doing such a wonderful job already in a subject area most parents would avoid and try to “gag” their own child in.

How can you tell the difference between a child's fantasy and a true past life?
    How do I talk with my child when she talks about her Past Life?

Hope you find them helpful ;)

10. norabrindle

norabrindle Senior Registered

childrens past lives

My first experience with thoughts of reincarnation was that my daughter who was already an adult at the time, told me that she had flashing memories of living in colonial times. She has memories of being persicuted and drowned for being a witch when she was just a young girl. She said that she remembered wearing long dresses, and that her home that she lived in had dirt floors. I expect she had told me lots of things about this when she was little, but I was so "crazy" with flashes of my own that I did not hear her. I thought reincarnation was hogwash and that if I even thought about believing, I would go straight to h---. when I finally listened, I found Carols' book and my healing process began. Incidentally, my daughter can't stand underwater scenes on TV, and movies where somebody drowns---forget it. Her best friend also has memories of the same kind of experience. They believe that they were sisters, and both were drowned at the same time for "practicing witchcraft". They were identical twin sisters.

11. myboys

myboys Registered

question

My littlest boy is 16 months old. When he was 4 months old I think he smiled at someone who I couldn't see. I don't know if this goes along with the topics on here, but I just wanted to see what you all thought.
    I'm telling you he was smiling and moving around like someone was entertaining him. It wasn't just gas :). I thought there was something special about that moment since it happened. I'll
    never forget it. In my gut I know someone was smiling at him, someone only he could see. Anyone else have something like this happen.
    ~Sandy

12. Rayven

Rayven Registered

A car ride with my 3 year old niece was the first time my sister-in-law and I were confronted with the possibility of reincarnation memories in little children.

While riding in the car seat my neice suddenly shouted for her mom to slow down. She told her mother to "slow down I don't want to be on fire again". When my sis-in-law asked her what she was talking about she told a story of when she was riding with her other mommy they were going very fast and her mommy hit a car and the car she was in went on fire and she died.

At first we thought she might have seen something on TV we we're looking for logical reasons why a 3 year old would talk about dying so horribly, but it was the way she said it, with a matter of fact attitude, as if it was something we already knew. When we questioned her again her story was consistant no matter how many days or weeks passed it was always the same.

A few years later my youngest son told me a story about how he became my son. He was 4 years old when he told me In the same matter of fact way as my niece, he explained a place of such beauty I was almost envious of his memory. I wrote it on a pice of paper and put it in an envelope to give to him when he leaves home I also recorded the witnesses who were there at the time.

John's Story

"Before I was your baby I lived with God in a castle, the castle was very very big and there was a lot of smiley people there." "What did the castle look like?". "It was shiny and big and made with light stuff and glassy stuff." "Wow, light and glass" did it ever break?" "Mommy your being silly" "What else did you see in the castle?" "Hmm, let's see there were really really a lot of colors." "Wow colors huh, what colors, were they like your crayons?" " No the colors didn't have gray in them" "This is gray the other colors don't have gray in them" "Yes they do" "No I don't see any gray in this red one" "Yes it is" "Wow, so the colors here have gray but the colors in the castle don't?" "yep,they're prettier too!" "What else do you remember about the castle?" "There was a buncha kids we we're all friends it was fun." "Who took care of you?" "The light people sang songs and danced for everybody." "Gee, it sounds really nice in the castle how did you get here?" "I asked God if I could be born he said yes so Here I am!" "WHOA you asked God and he said OK ? but how did you become my son?" " I asked you you said YES! YES! YES!" "I'm glad your here John" "Me too"
    "Ok Ok I have a question who did the cooking?" "Nobody." "Nobody? How did you eat?" "We didn't get hungry." "Wow no cooking huh, Sounds like Heaven to me Bud." "(giggle) It is"

John's a high school senior now he still says the colors aren't "right". He is very artistic sometimes he will draw beautiful fantasy scenes with castles in far away clouds or scenes with beams of light coming in from all directions. He dosen't remember much about his God's Castle story. Nor does he believe in reincarnation. Thank goodness I had witnesses. ;)

13. lisajsoto

lisajsoto Registered

My son is 6 years old and he just told me the other day that he was in a war in 1899 and he said that there was a fire and houses where destroyed. He also mentions that he had a lab. I asked him what was his name and he said Libman, I asked him if Libman was his last name or first name, and he said libman is what they called me. Do you think you can help me in anyway possible.

14. Deborah

Welcome Lisajsoto,

Is your son showing any signs of distress? Does he have night terrors? Is he upset when he talks about his memories?

One of the things I suggest to people is that they have their son or daughter draw images of what they are trying to express. It acts as a catalyst for memories but also as a path to healing if necessary.

Are you looking for more general information about children's past life memories? Have you read Carol Bowman's first book - Children's Past Lives?

Please let me know how I can be of assistance.

15. Deborah

A great reference post by Kelly -

16. Steve

Steve Grand Poobah

Link to Four Signs on Carol's Website

Hello,

Deborah just emailed me to say that the link to the Four Signs excerpt on Carol's website is down. Yes it is, because I'm converting it to the new website template. I hope to have it up by the end of today (Sunday)--along with all of the other articles that used to be on the old website.

If you've been here for a while you know that the old website was badly in need of overhaul. I've been working on it for the last few months. We're almost finished. So please take a look.

Sorry for the temporary inconvenience,

Steve

17. Sarah T.

Sarah T. Sarah T.

Wow! I am so glad I came upon this forum-
    I had no idea that past lives/reincarnation had ties with Night Terrors...?

I suffered from really bad night terrors as a baby/child -scared the crap out of my mom!

I still get horrible nightmares/sleeping problems as an adult every once in a while ...some times to the point of dreading sleep (I have never had anything at all traumatic happen in my life).

Also, my mom has told me that when I was learning to talk I would tell my family members and strangers that my name was "Saishu"(?)

This is all very interesting reading everyone's post -it's making my life's fears make sense!-

18. Hey_Jude

Hey_Jude Gelfling

Question for Comicstorm

You mentioned that your past life memories as a child involved beached killer whales, could you tell us more about that? It sounds extremely interesting, as I think many people dream about dolphins and whales, but barely ever beached animals (maybe I'm wrong).

Also, I hope your son begins to talk more and more about his past lives, but that he can find relief in knowing that they are just that, and that there is no danger of what happened to him then happening again in this life. Maybe you could make sure you tell him this every night before you put him to bed? I remember that being child was a very scary time and words of comfort would have helped to relieve that very much. I can't imagine how scary it must have been seeing your little boy in such a panic. I hope things get better for your whole family! :thumbsup:

~James Anne

19. Mommyof2

Mommyof2 Registered

Return from Heaven....the signs

Hi all,

I've just started reading Carol's book and OMG there are so many things in there that I am relating to, it's emotional. Here I am at work, reading the stories and the signs about remembering past life and I'm realizing I exhibited a lot of these signs myself when I was a child, according to my mom. Also I'm seeing a lot of these things in my son who I think might be my father-in-law. Did anyone else have such a strong and emotional reaction? I'm at work and I keep tearing up reading this....

20. Deborah

HI Mommyof2,

Yes, I had a similar feeling, and you cannot help but tear up when reading some of the stories. It is beautifully written, well researched and IMO - applies to everyone - even those without children.