The Four Signs of Children's Past Life Memory

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Deborah, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Mommyof2

Mommyof2 Registered

Thank you for your response Deborah, the book is absolutely wonderful. I have been asking my FIL's mom some questions about his childhood and my son has a lot of the same problems. Also my husband admitted that although he has had two other children (1 of those with me) before my son, he's never felt the connection, the attachment to anyone before. My son also seems to have seperation anxiety from my husband, not so much with me.

2. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Mommyof2,

I had the same feelings while reading the both of Carol's books. I have some specific memories of what might be considered psychic episodes as a child. I also couldn't quite put my finger on it but feel that I had some other traits and said some things that make me feel after reading the book that I had some past life memories as a child and have just forgotten them as an adult.

Vicky

3. LadyLania

LadyLania Registered

You were so wise to write down his story. When my 2nd oldest daughter was little she used to tell me stories of "before I was born" That was what she called it. She is 12 years old now so those stories are long gone except of what I can remember and she still says she remembers a bright light and there being people that was made of light but she thinks it was just a dream. At the time I just shrugged it off but now as I listen to my 5 year old son I think that maybe she was speaking the truth.

I remember she said that she was in this room full of light and there was God and she was so happy. she also said that it was like God was holding her when she was sent down to be born. I regret not asking her more questions. Anyway, she said that she remembered moving and then the light was gone and that was all she remembered. But for years she would tell me this and tell me she missed how beautiful it was. She almost sounded sad about leaving it behind. She would say things like I remember when I was in this world full of light mommy. I hate that I didn't make notes of it. After a few years she stopped talking about it and by the time she was 8 it was all but forgotten except for random moments when we all would share our dreams.

I also remember that my daughter used to talk about a war and she was apart of it only she was very little and to be honest I thought it was just her imagination. Those stories used to bother me somewhat because they were so strange and focused. Completely unlike her in every way.

4. gypsy_guru

gypsy_guru Registered

Two of Four Signs

I have a son, and I'm open to hearing whatever he has to tell me - even at three he has a strong vocabulary and vivid imagination. Even so, it surprised me one day when he mentioned to me, almost in passing, a story about "when [he] was a grampa when was a little girl". I listened with interest and we talked about it for a few minutes before something else drew his three-year-old interest away.

I had mostly forgotten about it until I was watching a TV special today that featured Carol Bowman along with others speaking on the subject of existence beyond the physical here and now. I remembered what my son had talked about and gently asked him whether he still remembered when he was a grampa. He replied, matter-of-factly, yes. He then spontaneously added that he remembered picking me up when I was a little girl and I was crying because a monster had taken my ice cream. He said he told that monster to give my ice cream back to me and to go away.

Between the matter-of-fact tone and the consistency over time (at least several months had passed between his recollections), I believe it possible that he could indeed be recalling a past life. Now I'm somewhat interested in whether he was possibly one of my grandfathers or great-grandfathers or if he was just "a" grandfather whom I met as a child. Or whether this is just something he has come up with as a way to test his own knowledge of family structures.

Very interesting topic - Thanks for the forum!

5. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

Hi gypsy guru,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your sons' experiences. May I ask how your sons' vivid imagination manifests itself? Is it through the things that he plays? Or does he draw etc.? Often a childs' imagination has roots in their past lives, and here you can look for little clues that may validate that he may have indeed been your grandpa.

Be sure to keep a journal, write down anything that he says, because if he starts to remember more, you'll be glad that you're able to go back over your notes as you try to fit the pieces of the puzzle together - ;)

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Chris - :)

6. gypsy_guru

gypsy_guru Registered

He does something I remember doing as a child - holding complete conversations between two or more characters. They might be toys or his fingers or just pieces of paper, etc. I have heard him replaying conversations I have had with him or that he's heard on TV, but I will probably be keeping a closer ear on them now for other clues as well.

He draws a lot on a magnetic drawing pad, sometimes surprising us with the level of detail, above a "normal" level for his age, perhaps, though nothing so far has seemed in particular to be outside of his experience. Again, I will probably be more aware and watching for anything unusual now that I have some idea of what to look for.

I am a writer and have kept a journal for many years of my own thoughts (including those of my own past lives), only sometimes noting things about my son. This gives me plenty more food for thought. Thank you for the suggestions! :D

7. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello Gypsy Guru and welcome! :)

Even though your son was also talking about monsters there, I think it's possible he has been your granddad. But it could've also been some other lifetime, where you were together - in any era and country. So if it doesn't seem like he was one of your grandparents in this life, it doesn't mean he was making it up. :thumbsup:

Keep us posted and enjoy the forum!

Karoliina

8. tracy 70

tracy 70 Registered

my sons other mummy

Hi I have just joined ,I have just read carol bowmans book about childrens past lives,that is how l found this site,my youngest son has spoke about his other family from a young age he is now 8 yrs old,he tells me and other family members of his other mum,brother,younger brother,sister and dad they were his family before he came to me.It all started 4 yrs ago when we were out for a drive as we pasted by a grave yard he he looked so sad he looked at myself and my other son and said that ,that was where his other family were and that he missed them ,l did not know what to say my husband was the same as me,all l could say was is that right thats sad that was the start of his story of his other family

9. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

Hi Tracy :)

Welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing your experience with your son. I'm glad that you have read Carol's book, and I hope it has helped you to understand why your son becomes sad when he thinks of his 'other family'. You said that you did not know what to say to him, does he still talk about his past life now? Most children tend to start forgetting about their past when they reach the age that your son is now, but you are doing the right thing by allowing him to express his feelings, just continue to be sympathetic towards him, give him a hug and reassure him that he is with a family who love him very much now. You might find this thread from the Archive section helpful: Children who talk about other Mommy's and Daddy's

I hope you enjoy your time here and feel free to ask any questions :)

10. mdbded2004

mdbded2004 Registered

Does My 4yr. Old Recall a Past Life?

For about a year we have noticed our 4 year old son talking more and more frequently about, When I was that age (talking about his dad that is 27), I did this. Or when I was with my Mommy Jodi we did this. This is a consistent thing. Now, I do have an 8 yr. old that is my step-son. His mom's name is Jodi. But why is my 4 year old recalling instances about being with his mommy Jodi? Could he be replacing another name with Jodi? Also, how can he remember when he was 27? Or when he was that big? Other things he says is, when I was an adult I did this..

One other concern my husband and I have is his behavior. He is constantly going on a roller coaster ride from happy to mad or upset in a matter of seconds. And is constantly going, moving, talking and playing. It doesn't stop. He even takes his toys in to his bed so he can "play," with them. Any suggestions?

11. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator

Welcome to the forum mdbded2004

When your son talks about 'Mommy Jodi' it could just be coincidental that she shared the same name as your stepson's Mother .... or your stepson's Mother may have been your son's 'Mommy' in a previous life. Do they have any kind of relationship with each other today? It's very common for souls to reconnect in consecutive lives, and in various roles. We could be Mother and Son in one life, and then Brother and Sister in the next, Husband and Wife in the life after that, then best friends, enemies and so on.

I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions on his behavioural issues, I think it's just one of those developmental stages in a child's life where you have to ride it out. I think he will grow out of this stage in time, and he should also begin to focus more on his present life than his past as he gets older.

Chris :)

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

Hi Mdbded! And, welcome to the Forum.

As Chris pointed out, your son's behavioral issues may have nothing to do with a past life, and we aren't suited to counsel you about such things. Of course, there is a possibility that some aspect of his behavior could be related to a past life. However, there is nothing in your description that would provide a possible tie-in. If his behavior is identical to a known person, who passed away; there would be something that deserves further observation.

It occurs to me that, if your stepson knows his mother's name, he could have shared it with your son. At four years old your son could be confused about family relationships, and could have simply identified with his older half-brother. However, this does not negate the possibility that his memories of a past life are real. If he speaks of anything that could be validated in some way; then you would have something to go on.

It is fortunate that you are observant and open to the possibility of his remembering something in the past. When he speaks of something that strikes you odd, you won't dismiss it and presume that it is just a child's fantasy. If you do happen to observe something that is past life related; you can find an excellent article by Carol Bowman called, "THE FOUR SIGNS of CHILDREN’S PAST LIFE MEMORY".

-Nightrain

13. floridavirgo

floridavirgo Registered

My son remembers..

Hi,I'm new to the forum..my son just started talking about when "he was 7" just the past couple days..He is 4 now..he said that he had another Mommy & Daddy and that they would have him climb trees to pick off the leaves.He said there was snow,rain and sun and that the trees would get slippery and he would have to wear sticky gloves.Also,that he had 2 cats,he died and went to heaven and then came to us..I really believe,but it also freaks me out a little..he also says a name.. Thank you for any input :)

14. Nightrain

Hi Floridavirgo! Please accept our warm and deepest welcome to the Forum. I am hoping that more qualified people than myself will be in touch with you about your son. But, until that time, allow me to inquire about his interests and activities to determine whether anyone could have spoken to him about anything to do with Past Lives and Memories. Please keep a journal of everything he shares with you, with date and time entries. Be careful not to share any of this information within his hearing ability, and be sure that whenever you ask him questions about his comments not to ask him any leading questions that could include any kind of information.

The major difference between real memories versus childhood imagination is that the real memories are generally quite consistent and plausible. Document any information that you feel he could not have known by any means. If he reminds you of anyone, write it down, keep it to yourself and take great care observing his traits and behaviors.

By all means, if your suspicions are strong, please ask to get in touch with Carol Bowman. In fact, she may observe this thread, or someone may direct her attention to it and you may hear from her.

I would personally recommend reading her two books; "Childrens Past Lives" and "Return from Heaven" at your earliest convenience, because the information contained will be of immediate value.

We look forward to hearing more about your son, and hope that we can be of help. Thank you very much for sharing your question with us on this Forum.

15. lindalou51

lindalou51 lindalou51

Did she live before?

My grandaughter at the time of the stories was about 4 yeas old.London,would talk all the time about her "other parents",saying to her mommy and daddy,"you know,my other mom and dad".She told how her mommy cried when she(london) died in the lake.She even told how they were all at a picnic and she wonderd off and fell into the pond(lake) and she watched her mommy cry so hard.She talked about it all the time,and every now and then she would say she wanted to go home to them.She is now almost 7,and she dosent mention it anymore.My daughter-in-law and I use to talk about it a lot.I am a firm believer in past lives.I read your book,Return From Heaven.Its so strange ,that my only daughter has a son Xander,who will be 2 this September.Xander was born with the very same web toes that my son Neal had from birth,and he also has a fear of water,stange beacuse my son drowned.

16. Nightrain

Welcome to the Forum Lindalous! I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your son. No amount of time makes it any better.

Speaking only for myself, I would not want to encourage anyone to look for the soul of their deceased child in the physical living embodiment of another child, but I sincerely believe that it does happen -- very often as described in Carol's books.

I would strongly recommend that you and your daughter begin keeping a journal about everything London or Xander says and does. Every detail can be important at some later date as situations arise, no matter how mundane they seem at the moment.

17. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

A great thread outlining what to look for when a child seems to be remembering.. :D

18. thecynicalone

thecynicalone Registered

Thanks for posting. The more I learn, the more I know what to do.

19. ivory67

ivory67 Registered

4 year old with past lives?

I don't know that I had much opinion on past lives prior to this. I tended not to believe in it I suppose but having my son I have started to change my mind. My brother in law directed me to this site. Many people close to him make comments to me about things he says. I don't really remember a time when he didn't talk about these things. He told us that he died and went to heaven when he was a baby. He did almost die in hospital and was very very sick. I thought maybe he had heard us talk about it. He always talks about the "old town". All the things he used to do there and he talked at one time about being a woman and being pregnant and having a baby in the old town. He also talks about when he how he went to the store for the first time by himself when he was 8 and he was shot. He talks about his dad came later on. The story is always the same. He went up to my step son who was visiting with us that was fishing at the time and said he used to fish alot in the old time. My step son said that he was telling him about when he lived before. He says he saw grandpa in heaven. It is endless and it is always very matter of fact. Not as if he is making it up. I am wondering if anyone could give me some insite on what to think about this.

20. ariannehowell

ariannehowell Registered

I would love to know about her and her composition. This is such an interesting to read the four signs of Children's Past Life. Thanks for posting this and it will add this to my learning