The future

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by tanguerra, Apr 30, 2014.

1. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

I've written a couple of times, here and there about 'the future' I sometimes get a flash of, so I thought maybe it would be interesting to put them together and explore a little further. Future flashes seem to be a bit more uncommon than past life flashes, but they certainly do happen.

It opens up cans of worms about the nature of time, destiny, fate and so on of course, but I thought it might be an interesting discussion topic.

So here is one from a while back from My friend X to get started. My 'future life' seems to be flashing into my mind more often lately, of which more below. (I hope it doesn't portend anything! :) )

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  2. tanguerra

This one came up in the thread on Poland, when we were talking about whether there is any possibility of influencing our 'past' selves from our 'present' vantage point.

This odd experience happened one day when I was just brushing my teeth, minding my own business. It was as if I'd received a 'may day' call from the future...

America: The story of La hi Himba

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  3. tanguerra

Anyway, so what prompted all this was, I was out at a party the other night with X and it was about time to go home and I very nearly turned to him and said 'Where's the car? Go and see about it would you?'. Somehow in my mind I was thinking that when I was ready to go home my car and driver would come to pick up me and my entourage. It was late and I was tired (that's my excuse). Instead we went out and I flagged down a humble taxi to take us home. :)

On another evening, out and about with one of my other friends, I was having a lovely time dancing and being silly and having fun and the thought came into my head 'better enjoy this now, because in the future you won't be able to do things like this'. The thought was that I should enjoy being an anonymous 'nobody' this life while I could, and the freedom that goes with it.

Does anyone else have future flashes? I've read a few stories in the past.

4. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

Yes, in my lessons. I was warned of another political bloodbath that is going to repeat later in possibly my last days.

5. Twilight

If you insist that future life progression is safe here goes

During my lessons, I've been warned that another bloodbath could be coming in the last days of this life.

6. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Senior Registered

Who by? (ie who gave those warnings).

What is meant by "another bloodbath"?

What timescale do you envision by "last days of this life"? (presumably you mean your current life personally? - so what age are you now?). As in, if I said "last days of this life" - I would mean approximately 25-30 years time (going by my present age).

7. tanguerra

I too am intrigued to hear more. (Agog!) :)

8. Crescent1

Crescent1 Member

Tanguerra, your past/present/future "conference call" made me smile and feel very hopeful, and your "where's the car" moment made me laugh! Twilight, I'm also intrigued!

I've been hypnotically progressed on only one occasion, but it was probably the most vivid, detailed, and fascinating hypnosis experience I've ever had. I went into it not even sure that progression was possible, but my mother (and hypnotist!) had been reading about progression and was eager to give it a try. I progressed to two lives, and in both cases "assumed the personality" of the future personalities when answering questions. This initially confused my mother, as it had never happened before in regression, and led to some funny exchanges.

She first progressed me to my "next chronological life" and asked me to begin with a happy moment. I became aware of myself as a young Dutch man. He was just about to present his thesis project for a graduate degree in architecture. The project was a design/visualization of a corporate headquarters, which looked more or less like a streamlined glass bellows (when I woke up, I was able to do a pretty detailed sketch.) He had also designed a complimentary/integrated parkland around the structure, and I remember that he felt that was very important to his overall design--it wasn't just about creating the building, it was about creating a space for the building to inhabit. At the time, he was living in a Western European city, if it had a "historic" center, I could not see it. I had a feeling it was a "rebuild," Rotterdam or the like. He lived in a mid-rise, modern apartment building--he'd selected his apartment because the light was excellent. Everything inside was very spare and white. Present-me thought it looked a bit cold and impersonal, but he loved it. He had a large artwork over the only couch, a black and white 19th century print of the City of Paris, and a large collection of what I would call oversized architecture "coffee table books."

My mother prompted me to move further into the life. I found myself a much older man. He'd had his career as an architect, and though he never retired, his busiest years were behind him. He lived with his wife, and he had a grown child (a son, I believe,) who no longer lived at home. He was in a house he had designed and built, in a beautiful home office. There was a long window all along one side of the room, looking out into a dense, leafy forest. It was a temperate rainforest-looking place, and reminded me strongly of the pacific northwest, though I couldn't say for sure that that is where it was. My mother asked me what this old man thought of the grad student that he once was. He laughed when he considered the question. He considered his younger self quite rigid in his design sensibilities, and a little insensitive. In his later years, he'd embraced the idea of environment, and his designs had taken a turn towards the organic. The home office was entirely natural wood and extremely beautiful. The room had been positioned so that you could see nothing out the window except the beautiful forest environment. That was the aesthetic he was known for at the height of his career, and he'd done well by it. The seeds of it were already present in his younger self--it was just obscured by a lot of steel and glass! This gentleman was quite loquacious on the topic of architectural design, much more so than present-me. He had very strong opinions!

I liked this man a great deal. He was driven and quite focused on his career, but I had a sense his home-life was happy. I don't know the years, but it seemed not too far into the future. The buildings and technology I saw were all recognizable, perhaps 100 years ahead or so.

My mother then prompted me to move forward to the distant future. The result was extremely interesting (if somewhat baffling to her initially!). I'll describe what happened below...

9. Crescent1

Crescent1 Member

(part 2)

As I became aware of my environment in the distant future, I was able to see a great deal around me, but I wasn't really communicating any of it to my mother. Instead, I just waited for her to ask questions. This time, I really identified with the future identity, and I could feel some of her humor and personality bleeding through into my own. Interestingly, I had the distinct feeling that she was actually aware of me and my mother and taking the time to answer our questions.

I was a woman. My mother asked where I lived--in a community of about 100, a healthy size, with an energy field around it so that animals would not wander in. What was it called--it didn't have a name. What did the streets look like--it didn't have streets. What did the houses look like--white pods made out of fabric, very comfortable. What did I eat--a synthetic substance that provided complete nutrition; it was abhorrent to kill another being to sustain one's physical structure when we were capable to making our own food. Where did we get the food--it was freely available. In a store?--at this, I started laughing pretty hard, because there were no stores or streets or money, or anything remotely similar there. My mother was really struggling to understand what I was seeing, and for whatever reason, I wasn't about to help.

She asked me what I did. I told her that I was an energetic biologist studying the local wildlife, particularly a large herd of bison. At first, she took this to mean that I was a biologist with a lot of energy. In actuality, I explained, I was a scientist who worked as energy. When it was time to visit the herd, I would lay down in my hut and leave my body. The bison were somewhat aware of the presence of my energy body, but they were not unduly disturbed by it. This allowed me to observe them at close quarters, monitor their health and wellbeing, study their relationships. I felt less like a park ranger than a sort of steward. In actuality, the whole planet was a park and the few human settlements were the reserves! We had reintroduced and nurtured all these beautiful species, cleaned away the traces of our long and sometimes ugly habitation. Now, those who still incarnated were caretakers and observers. My mother asked if I preferred being in energetic form. I said no, the body was a pleasure. If we didn't want to incarnate we would move on from the earth plane, like so many others.

This was a peaceful, if somewhat alien, time. It did not feel or look like anything I would have imagined. There was a bit of wistfulness to it all--this woman was going to continue on Earth for as long as people were there; after all, she'd seen the first incarnations on the earth-plane, she wanted to be there to see the last. It reminded me of an elderly person showing up to watch their old grammar school being torn down--many dear memories, but some nostalgia too.

My mother asked me if I had children of my own, but I told her that was not my fulfillment. Others, who found their fulfillment in the generating and rearing of children did this work, which was considered just as worthy and skilled as my scientific endeavors. There were relatively few children, but they were a delight to the community, and all took part in their education. This woman felt very satisfied not to have children; it was simply no longer a societal expectation.

I have no idea how far in the future this life may occur, maybe many thousands of years. I could recognize literally nothing of present times there, aside from the physical form of the people. Even their emotions felt a bit foreign, too steady.

I'll preface this by saying this is only my opinion, but I've long believed that chronological time is an artifact of human perception. Some theoretical physicists and philosophers have posited the same. If that's so, then I don't think future lives are set in stone any more than my current life is. We could all be living at the same "time", influencing one another by our choices. Personally, I choose to believe this because it's both liberating and gives me a sense of responsibility to live well now, not just for myself, but for all my other selves too. Maybe we can all lift each other up if we each try our best. It gives me a hopeful feeling to think that, even if it's mistaken or illusory. Again, could be 100% incorrect, but it helps get me through.

Anyways, cool topic, I loved hearing your stories, Tanguerra. Hope no one minds me sharing my own in such detail and that it didn't veer too far into the weird and fantastical for the mods. This is just what I saw and experienced under hypnosis. Cheers!

fireflydancing likes this.
  10. Twilight

Michael, one of my spirit guides

I have a long history of either getting executed or killed during war.

I'm 20 years olds now, although when I'm around 25-30 years old I was taken to the Municipal Tower where I work and the facility was apparently recovering from a Revolution that took out all of the corrupt Government Officials so things got chaotic workwise, self defense firearms are also welcomed as a protection against armed troublemakers. It doesn't take long before rebels start to protest by bombing skyscrapers.

I'm not sure how to warn of these dangers to my Co Workers for I don't know witch one is open to reincarnation :/ Although I believe that I have a friend who can help if this is completely legit.

11. tanguerra

No. Not at all. I don't think this is too weird or fantastical (no aliens, dragons or unicorns!). On the contrary, that's fascinating stuff Crescent. Wow!

In my one I get the sense that it is in the not-too-distant future. It might be my very next life. It is a time of great political turmoil, up to and possibly including, a world war - or at the very least the brink of one. No wonder I'm frequently a bit 'freaked out' if I'm in some kind of important position while it's all going on.

Sometimes (for a joke) when my friends start talking about 'solving the world's problems' I will say 'just put me in charge! I'll fix it all up in a jiffy!'. I sometimes worry that it's a 'be careful what you wish for' situation and maybe it's unwise to keep saying that out loud, but I'm only half joking. :)

In my present day work and even one of my 'hobbies' I'm very involved in progressive politics, the mechanics of government, and generally trying to 'save the world'. I'm increasingly finding myself on committees and things and have to keep turning people down when they ask me to do more. I voraciously consume news from all sources and spend a lot of time discussing geopolitics. It's one of the things that my friend X and I talk about a great deal when we get together (strangely or not). I am partly, in the back of my mind, thinking that all this is excellent practice if I really might find myself in the future that I keep 'seeing'. I also hope I can retain even some of my ability to recall the past easily, because there is access to great wisdom there in all my experiences over thousands of years.

12. tanguerra

Gosh. I don't know if you can warn anyone or if they would believe you anyway. Perhaps it's best to get yourself on the 'security committee' or a 'fire warden' or something like that and make sure your evacuation plans are all up to scratch? If it doesn't transpire as you see it, great! If it does, at least you're prepared.

13. Twilight

Thank you so much ^_^

14. tanguerra

You're welcome Twilight.

For people interested in this topic here is something I came across a while ago. Dr Helen Wambach embarked on a project, originally aimed at disproving reincarnation. She was trained as a Freudian psychiatrist. Like several other psychiatrists have also done, she kept finding her patients, on being regressed back to childhood, would keep bouncing into a past life, much to her annoyance and mystification. She didn't think this was possible and was looking for another explanation - such as imagination or suggestion - to explain it.

Thousands of people were regressed under hypnosis to the same year in the 1800s, following the same formula, and asked the same questions, by different hypnotists in a 'double blind' experiment. The original hypothesis was that they would all think they were royalty or that nothing but outlandish stories would emerge. In fact the results astonished the researchers with their historical accuracy and 'ordinariness'. Yes, there were a couple of 'aristocrats', but most people were humble folk. Class, age and gender all matched the demographics of the time exactly. People described household implements, their food, occupations and so forth, even coming up with facts that had to be researched because they were not well known, but always proved accurate.

So, undaunted, still hoping to disprove reincarnation, they decided to 'regress' thousands of people to the future. The results were astonishing. I think they year chosen was 2100. In almost all cases the world's population was greatly diminished due to different, but all serious, disasters - natural or man made. But the survivors fell into four distinct scenarios:

1. 'Hippy'-types who lived an ecological lifestyle in harmony with the Earth.

2. A 'high tech' world of dome-covered cities that offered protection against a hostile outside environment.

3. Small bands survivors living in the rubble of once-great cities.

4. 'Other' - there were some really 'out there' ones that defied categorisation - other 'realms' I guess you'd say.

So, this would seem to indicate that the future is not a long straight road, but more like a forking fractal pattern.

There is a book about it called 'Mass Dreams of the Future' for those who want more information about all this and it is fascinating and well worth getting hold of. It's on Amazon.com. A word of caution, if you google this you will find a lot of nonsense written about it by various people, so I suggest you try to find Helen Wambach's own account of it, or get hold of the book itself. However, this is a reasonably sensible discussion of it: Hypnotic Progression

freestone wilson likes this.
  15. jonathan21

jonathan21 Member

Thanks for both posting your future life and the above research.The idea of reincarnation is one oldest beliefs.I think I have may have read it here but DR Brian Weiss did a future progression.Most of the futures were of a earth with less population than now.

16. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

I had a wild idea I wrote about.

That I would become my future daughter .

17. Twilight

Possibly, it does take 9 months for a baby to develop in the womb. :) I don't see why not

18. firebird

firebird Registered User

His comments about Goldberg's research techniques, his tendency to exaggeration and Lawton's personal dealings with him, made me laugh out loud.

19. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Now for whatever it is worth ... onetime I heard from a gifted medicine teacher which I have not forgotten, that in the future or near future at some point, it will be hard to come back for awhile into a human body. This is like what Twilight was talking about above with regards to a future bloodbath. It goes along with that sometime in our future or should I say 'Near Future', there will be a great downsizing in the human population. And for awhile after this, it will be hard to come back because of the so few people that will be around on this Earth.

Could say more but will leave it at this. Wishing Everyone the Best!

20. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

I have a memory of a conversation in 1981 where something along this line was mentioned. I was sitting with a small group of friends and we were all 'military age' so the subject of a possible future conflict came up. They were all 'guessing' at where and when the next major conflict for the U.S was going to occur. At one point I told them, "You all wrong. It is going to come after an apparent attack on a major city from a small country called Afghanistan." At the time, Russia was in a conflict so everyone thought that Russia was going to win and attack America from there. I told them, "No, Russia is going to lose and pull out." My friends because curious due to my confidence. I wasn't guessing. I knew. Spirit had turned on inside of me and I was seeing 'visions' of the future. My friends didn't believe me - and we made a '$1' bet that the next major conflict from an official declaration of war that would last beyond a year - would be Afghanistan. My friends became curious - not so much because they believed me as much as they saw how 'confident and assured" I was that it was a 'given fact.' It was a given fact to me because it was coming from a 'spirit' with authority to show me the visions.

We got into a Q and A session with the understanding that I was just a 'medium' and repeating what the 'spirit' was 'whispering' into my ear silently. I told my friends, "When this voice comes to me in the name it does - it is just like God saying it to my ear. I ain't no fool and ain't going to call God a liar. Ya'll can if you want, but that is on you."

I was able to give them 'visual' predictions for a decade of 'news events' - which have all came to pass including the winners of the 2010 Superbowl. We were focused on our 'generation' (or near future) and America. They wanted to know about the 'world' and beyond 2010. Spirit switched gears with me and the visions started coming to me in a 'spiritual form' similar to what I would see in a NDE. When I looked back on the world in my NDE - I didn't see it as a chunck of rock floating in space. I saw it as a 'living entity.' There was a 'vision' shown to me and then I was told to 'speak' my own mind and give them my personal impression. All the other visions were 'physical' or 'worldly.' I would 'see' the headlines, hear the 'news' and then see the action in a physical way. For that - I was absolutely confident in what I was seeing, hearing and translating to their ears and minds. I was staring off in space and 'gasping' and saying 'Wow. Gosh. That's weird." I was in a trance state for a few minutes and when I snapped out of it - I was trying to find words to express what I had seen. It is very hard to translate spirit into worldly language. I knew this and warned my friends it was just an interpretation that could be on the money or off the mark some. I told them,

"The population of the world is going to be greatly reduce in a very short amount of time. I mean short, like almost overnight. One day it is crowded and it is almost like the next day - it remote and thin. The world as we know it - will change drastically in a very, very, short amount of time."

To be continued........