The future

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by tanguerra, Apr 30, 2014.

1. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Yes, we already know that. And any kind of wind storm causes branches to break off and trees to fall over. They were imported many years ago and now people regret that. Farmers were told back in the 1920s and 30s the wood could be used to make furniture.

2. Skarphedinn

Skarphedinn Registered

A possible future - Gudrun's story 1

Until now, I've had difficulties believing, that one can have a glimpse into events not yet happened, however, a dream of mine contains a lot of scenes set in an at least theoretically possible future.

In the dream I am 17 year old a lassie (though I am a man in the present). Her name is not mentioned, I'll call her Gudrun to make the story easier to tell.

Gudrun is sitting in a park, contemplating on her past and things she finds especially interesting, with an electronic device in her hands, which can be compared to a tablet, but it's almost as thin as a piece of paper. It can be folded into compact form, but it still displays data, the date, for example, which is April, 2082 - this is where my assumption of witnessing a future scene comes from. However, it is considered to be old fashioned and obsolete. Not only because she couldn't afford a better one, but the other, probably the stronger reason is her modesty keeping her from purchasing the 'coolest' things.

She's Catholic and deeply religious, which gives her a clear point in life, but on the other hand it tends to overcomplicate things. By the age of 17 she learnt Latin well enough to read works of the most known theologists in original language, but it only caused her feel inferior due to her gender. Theology is a traditional field for men according to the medieval standards, and she feels stuck too much in that era to be able free herself from its prejudices.

Gudrun speaks two more foreign languages at an acceptable level, but at the time it is far from being an outstanding performance. Most of the young people at her age also do. The environment is too multicultural to get along without this knowledge, at least in Europe, where she lives, but it's also true to the rest of the developed world.

The 2080's are no doubt technically advanced, but the the main achievement is the better understanding of human nature and its widespread utilisation in different fields like education and company management. Gudrun is more familiar with it through her active spiritual life, as the Catholic Church has a movement then called applied theology. This is based on psychological knowledge to help people lead their lives in a responsible manner. Her life is not entirely free of personal drama, and this is, what led her in this direction.

Her relationship with her mother cannot be considered peaceful at all, and her father left them, when she was 3. Her latest stepfather is verbally abusive, continuously making degrading comments about her abilities and general inferiority of women. Gudrun rejects it, and doesn't agree with it, but still interiorize it too much to suffer from its poisonous effect. Religion is a safe haven for her, an escape route, and a tool to solve problems at home, due to its practical nature, which had never been as directly helpful in history as then. Her diligence and low self esteem - which she attempts to overcompensate - together make her a high achiever, but not happy.

To be continued...

3. Skarphedinn

Skarphedinn Registered

Gudrun's story continues

Fortunately, there are much more enjoyable moments in her life. Though being an introvert, her friends accept her so, and actively seek her company. When she's in the park in the dream, she's surrounded by them.

Gudrun's appearance is rather simple. She's as natural as one can be, with very pale, almost white skin, freckles on her face, and long, reddish blond hair. At that time, she wears a white shirt, that resembles that of girl scouts, which gives her an old-fashioned, rather than a futuristic look. What is somewhat more futuristic about her, is the skirt she wears, which is long, it ends about four inches above the ground, and which is made of a very durable, synthetic material. There are flat, rectangular pyramids all on its surface, and it is easy to wash and dries off quickly. Furthermore, there are two broad stripes of the same material, one at the front, the other at the rear, and it seems to serve no special function, save decoration. They hang even two more inches lower, almost sweeping the ground.

About the dream I would tell, that I saw events from the outside, on occasions with her eyes, but the most of the time I experienced her stations of life and her thoughts were mine for this while. A lot of her circumstances don't even resemble those of mine: I am a man from a loving and supportive family without any special religious attachments. In terms of personality there are somewhat more in common.

Whether it is the future, or not, I cannot tell, but comments from those, who have had a flash forward are more than welcome.

4. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

Skarphidinn I may " get ' that feeling when you talked of feeling this woman of the opposite sex. In my first memory of being the opposite sex .. I had the feeling that I knew this person but did see the world from a different perspective and thus was able to act accordingly/ ie quite differently than I have done as a woman..

I have had future memories... THe one for myself.. It gave me a nice sense of stability knowing of a future life three lives from now .. where I was in a more supportive community , with a feeling of safey in a purposeful life.. I am working in northern ONtario at a healing resort using alternative therapies.. I felt I was a cook .. and this in this life fulfills a need for myself as I have severe food senstiivities this life . Knowing of my happy future life eating and cooking for others gives me hope and that important sense of carrying on no matter the difficulties I may have had this life.

I also have had psychic insight into the future lives of several pets / my own and other peoples . One of my dogs who I saw in her life after being with me works for the fire department sniffing for the places that fires start...I believe I later saw " her" on a TV documentary about the first dog to have this job . She eventually returns to be in my life above at the healing retreat...

5. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Skarphiddin,

I find this a very interesting view of the future through the lens of one person in Europe. It is a very limited “peep” in a very limited context, so it doesn’t provide a lot of perspective or “big picture” insight. However, it seems to indicate a resurgence of Europe’s traditional religious foundations, apparently including a more dynamic approach to practical counseling and realities. It also raises questions about the progress of feminism that many will find troubling. The conservative blouse and long skirt may not be indicators (though interesting), but the sense of inferiority and apparent deference to traditional Roman Catholic theology and sexual roles (at least in terms of theology and theologians) is illuminating. My question would be whether this person and her positions indicate a general societal shift, the life and positions of a limited subset, or merely pertain to just the specific individual involved. As current demographics and cultural trends indicate a thinning European population and culture dominated by secularism which many predict will be supplanted by a more virile and dynamic Islamic religious culture brought in by a growing population of immigrants, this would come as good news to me. I’ve never been 100% on the latter predictions, but the possibility alone is worrisome to me.

Cordially,

S&S

6. Skarphedinn

Skarphedinn Registered

Answers

Thank you for your responses.

@soulfreindly: As my present personality wasn't directly involved in the dream, the gender or any other situational specifics didn't feel different.

Only afterwards, when I could think it over conciously, but I still could identify myself with most of Gudrun's feelings and concerns.

Your own future memories make me interested. Especially, because you seem to turn your weakness into a strong point, and it is incorporated into your profession.

There is a psycholgical school by Leopold (or Lipót) Szondi, that finds especially therapeutic, when one can do so.

In your case it is eating and cooking - the most important is the meaning and motivation found in it.

I haven't heard too much about how animals reincarnate, and what special rules apply to this, but there is a good reason to presume, that if humans can reincarnate, animals can do it too.

To tell the truth, the rules applied are mostly unclear in case of humans. I still tend to believe, that besides set and fixed rules, there are a great role of unspecified or random factors.

@SeaAndSky: The dream is mostly focused on one person's thoughts, so the context is rather blurred.

There are a few details like technological novelties, but exact data, history or statistics are not available.

I have had this dream only once, and I haven't dreamt anything else about either the things to come or about Gudrun.

However, based on what I have dreamt, I do not think, that women's rights were any worse than now.

They are about the same as now in the Western world. There is nothing to indicate this.

She freely pursues her intellectual interests, and all the legal and state financed support is granted for her to do so.

In a world, where women's rights are severely restricted, it would be nearly impossible.

It's rather Gudrun's special issue with her femininity, her field of interest, which is medieval theolgy, and conflicts with her stepfather.

Her dress follows the the fashion of the era and her rather conservative taste.

I cannot prove all this, of course (alas! I don't have a time machine), but it makes more sense to me.

Low self esteem is something, that can develop different symptoms placed into different contexts.

Under different circumstances it could cause drop in her school performance, or develop learnt helplessness.

Gudrun's intellectual and social activity doesn't let these fields be affected.

Many European countries really struggle with demographic and migration related problems.

In this future none of them seem to have an important role, but it shows a single perspective, where this question is out of scope.

7. SeaAndSky

Hi Skarpheddin,

I agree. The limited scope of the information you have received to this point doesn't allow for a lot of "definite" extrapolation in any area. However, adding in what you have just said, it leaves me a bit more optimistic on almost every front. Frankly, in Eurabia I don't think she, or her freedom of inquiry, or her education in theology, or the state sponsoring of her education would exist. I also doubt she would be in a park surrounded by her social set and not by a burka. Overall, very interesting. Especially as it may indicate that some of the looming issues previously mentioned will be eliminated (or at least limited) in some way so that they are not a serious problem (or at least have not grown much worse).

Cordially,

S&S

8. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

.Thanks for your kind thoughts Skarphedinn

I was thinking as well how in my future life I feel the support of others.. and shall incorporate that into my posiitive affirmations around my fears of eating. I lost my ability to eat in the 70s after some drugs affected my liver , etc... It took me 10 years to start to get an understanding of what had happened to me..And so felt so alone in my struggles . Yes back then I was pretty ignorant of my body , hoping that I did not have to take responsibility and think outside the box to find some healing for my chronic disease which has no solutions through the regular medical field.

It is too easy to become focused on the worst in the now .. having the knowledge of my future life has helped but I still need to truly beleive it can happen..

I appreciate people who are also open to change. and thinking outside of the box..

9. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator Staff Member

This gels quite well with some of my future flashes. Clothing is a sign of your occupation or membership of an ethnic group, such as the turban wearing Sikh I mention above and probably also the 'Nehru jacket' made of some kind of recycled material. Interesting that you say there is a very 'multicultural society'. I would agree with this. Not only that people speak their own languages, but also proudly display their cultural backgrounds in their dress. My flashes are in Australia, while yours are in Europe, but I doubt there is a lot of divergence in styles.

But ostentation and showing off status via wearing expensive clothing and jewellery and so forth is definitely 'out'. Plain and simple modesty and restraint is 'in'.

10. tanguerra

Religious piety has made a come back a few times in history. Notably, in Victorian times for instance, it was back 'in' for quite a while. It has often happened after a period of wild excess. Religious piety was quite the rage in the middle ages too. The younger generations love to rebel against their parents. This is nothing new. These things come and go in cycles. It doesn't actually surprise me that religious conservatism might make a come back in response to the stresses and chaos that are quite likely to ensue in the next 30 - 40 or so years as the old order crumbles under the weight of wealth disparity, peak oil, climate change and population pressures.

Studying medieval women in theology would actually not indicate to me that there will be any decline in gender equality, but quite possibly the opposite. There were many powerful females in medieval times in the church (including a female Pope) and in politics (there were numerous very powerful female rulers) but their stories are not widely known. Women's stories have been lost and ignored for centuries. But these days there is more effort and research going in to finding them again. I saw this interesting documentary the other night for example. Quite often, even though men took a lot of credit for everything of course, it was the women 'wearing the pants' and frequently running the country while the men were off fighting each other.

She Wolves - the women who ruled England

11. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Religious conservatism came roaring back in the 80's after the wild 60's and 70's. We are still dealing with it today. I think we are going through a repeat of the 1920's and 30's, complete with homeless people, etc.

12. Anna H.

Anna H. Anna H.

My impression is that in a future life, I'll be male, black, and Canadian. Not sure why, really, only that 1. it's been about 100 years since I was male and a change of perspective will do me good, 2. I can't remember being black, or if I was, everyone around me was also, so it wasn't a factor in life experience, and 3. I may have lived in Canada; if so, it wasn't a country at the time.

Jeez, I hope that guy has some mechanical aptitude, or at least won't find machines and electronics to be the most frustrating things on the planet.cover face

I want something completely different because I seem to be one of those souls who learns by experiencing a wide variety of conditions.

13. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

How far ahead are our lives planned out?

My biggest question is what if I don't like my future life? Can I change the lifeplan after I die? Is that future life set in stone? What if I have certain things happen in this life and I just want to change the future?

Are all our lives happening simultaneously? Is that why we can see our future life?

14. Skarphedinn

Skarphedinn Registered

@S&S: To tell the truth, I have never thought seriously of such demographic threats, maybe it would be worth.

Anyway, I don't claim to be Nostradamus or someone similar, the future is up to us, or at least we have an opportunity to form it.

I regard freedom as a key factor, so I would be the last one to be glad about a future, where women's rights are so severely restricted.

What I dreamt of is fortunately not like that. Or is it just me being overly optimistic, that freedom would be maintained even in the second half of the century?

@tanguerra: I am curious, whether the future you know of is compatible with what I saw. Of course it depends a great deal on the exact period and location.

I would be more than happy to know, that modesty is going to be 'in' again.

There is a good reason to presume so, as the cycles of cultural fashion and economy revolve continuously.

I would presume, that this new wave of simplicity is preceded by a major economic crisis.

Normally there is a reason why people get back to simple ways, and scarcity of resources is a powerful reason.

For instance, in the 1930's investment bankers, brokers and financiers with their luxurious lifestyle (yes, some of them could still afford it in the middle of the Great Depression) became the target of public hatred, while a decade before they were regarded as heroes, who generate wealth even to average Joes and Janes.

Simplicity came back for a good reason, then vanished again, when resources were plentiful.

As far as I could perceive, Gudrun is only a woman, who is interested in medieval theology, not only and necessarily be focused on theology cultuvated by women.

The topic is definitely an interesting one, and this field is even more dominated by men, than politics.

The Pope Joan is my personal favourite, though many historians doubt her existence.

A female head of church is nearly unimaginable in Catholicism, however, it is not that unique in the Anglican Church.

After Henry VIII. all the reigning queens are automatically head of the Anglican Church due to their position as monarch.

I've read the link, and enjoyed it. I have read quite a lot about the medieval history of England, most of the stories seem to be familiar.

I wonder, how much the term 'she wolf' was used, I have heard it only in connection with Isabella of France, queen of Edward II.

She is mentioned in the book trailer, of course.

@Obie: I think, that future is very flexible, and many things are being formed by the free will of the participants.

There are, however, some factors in one's personality, that are constant, or can be modified only with great effort.

If there is anything as pre-planning, this is what I would call so.

By the way, there are good and reliable psychometric tests, like the previously mentioned Szondi-test, that can measure these factors surprisingly accurately.

The science, that can be applied to reincarnation is with us, at least in part.

What we need, is an unified theory. And if we can believe Thomas Kuhn, we need to wait for the retirement of the old materialistic generation of scientists.

15. SeaAndSky

Hi All,

Overall, I find the near future as seen through the Future Life insights received by Skarp and Tang to be largely consistent as well as cheering. These are, of course, limited glances and there will always be problems during all periods of human history--usually unforeseen by those during earlier times. However, I have not heard anything excessively negative, and I have heard some positives. As someone who attends Scottish games on a regular basis (my youngest competes in dancing) and is otherwise interested in cultural heritage, that aspect is certainly positive. Likewise, as someone that is concerned that Western Civilization with its freedoms and concern for human rights may be on its last legs, its apparent continuing existence (aside from anything else) seems cheering. Exalting modesty and lack of materialistic ostentation is a special plus!! All I can say is that its about time! Our current posture on both (especially as seen in popular culture and entertainment) is grotesque. Of course, my only putative past life at present is that of a woman born and living during the Victorian/Edwardian periods, so probably I shouldn't be surprised by my propensities in these areas (though there was plenty of ostentation during these eras as well). Anyhow, overall, though there is still no mention of "flying cars", antigravity, or a variety of other far-out stuff, this is a future that I feel good about leaving to (at least some of my children) and definitely to my grandchildren and great grandchildren.ticonthumbshumbsup

Cordially,

S&S

16. tanguerra

I don't think it's a matter of our lives all necessarily being 'planned out', but it is something to do with the way we experience time. We think that the future has not happened yet, but it 'is' happening all the time, and so is the past. I know. It's very confusing.

17. tanguerra

From the few glimpses I've seen, it would appear to agree. There are some high tech gadgets, but not so very wild, nothing like flying cars or anything like that, although I'm sure the vehicles of the future are electric. People do seem to dress more simply. I think jewellery and the like is 'out'. The feeling I get is that there has been a terrible time and that people are picking up the pieces and trying to build a better world. I am glad to see in your future glimpse there is more of an attempt to understand and hopefully regulate 'human nature' which is the cause of a lot of the world's current problems, and often used as an excuse for bad behaviour; 'We can't help it. It's human nature'.

Where I live, in my inner city enclave, there are a lot of 'trend setters'. A bit like San Francisco and Soho in London, a lot of global trends have started here. What the cool kids are doing in my town is often what everyone else will be doing in 20-30 years time.

The 'cool kids' around me all wear second hand or home made clothes. They stay home on Saturday nights and have knitting parties. They don't go shopping, except to the local fresh food market. They swap their clothing and possessions for free with other like-minded cool kids. They grow their own food, keep their own chickens and make their own beer. The boys all started growing luxuriant beards about 5 or 6 years ago. The girls have stopped cutting and dyeing their hair. They like old fashioned things. They like simplicity.

Our Treasurer laments that people aren't buying things any more and thinks it's got something to do with interest rates or business tax and the like. He's wrong. Hanging around in shopping malls, buying mass-produced junk is just not cool any more. Celebrities prancing about half naked and flaunting wildly expensive designer clothing or cars is so terribly, terribly, deeply uncool you just can't imagine. Only complete 'plebs' are interested in that kind of thing. Cool kids don't have cars. They ride bicycles.

I can well imagine that if this trend continues to pick up steam that it will become the global norm within the next generation, particularly considering the perilous state of the global 'economy' and the excesses of the 1% which will certainly lead to ruin if something doesn't change.

18. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

I'll do my best not to ramble, but I had an interesting glimpse/vision/dream (I fell asleep half way.) when I tried a meditation on a future life after reading your experiences.

I remember being in a boat on a large lake, many city blocks in size in just the section I was on. Against the horizon to the left (up against narrow stone peaks with the ocean far below on the other side) was a very large building with a projecting ramp of sorts over which water was pouring into the lake. I was explaining that this was the filtration facility. The emerging water had been purified enough to become part of public property so everyone could go boating and swimming here, and I felt a strong sense of accomplishment about this fact and the entire design of the lake.

The lake itself was designed with a series of low dams with water pouring over all along them. Each one had a significantly large lake below it, right up to the edge of a very high cliff. At that point the lake water poured over a final dam, down to the ocean in a thin waterfall. Not much water went that direction. I think the rest went to the city and greenhouses.

To the right was a college, and beyond the college, gardens, and filtration building was a city with towers, going back into a valley. The sky was very clear and blue, and the city and surrounding cliffs were in silhouette, aside from the college. It felt like the sun was beginning to set.

That was all. Beautiful, whatever it was. I'd love to see it for real.

tanguerra likes this.
  19. tanguerra

I remembered what I was talking about ...

It was about making 'an end to war' "once and for all time" and what this would entail, and what the benefits would be, for the future of 'mankind' (personkind). It is a subject very dear to me in this life too (and X) ...and no wonder given the state of things.

The 'slideshow' behind me was various war photos and atrocities from the 20th century/early 21st century. My (very passionate) speech was more or less on the subject of 'never again'. But, I suspect, the photos aroused (will arouse) all kinds of emotions in me, but... it all worked out (will work out) quite well 'on the night' (so to speak). Let's hope so anyway.

20. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Hear, hear.