The medieval memories sharing circle

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Sunniva, Nov 16, 2011.

1. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I have a memory of living in medieval Spain, probably the 11th century. I seem to be high in a tower in a walled city, waiting for my husband to return. I think the city is under siege. I would think I was channeling the movie, "El Cid", but I looked nothing like Sophia Loren! I have a similar memory of medieval Italy, being in a high tower, and looking down over a bustling city. I'm a young woman, dressed in rich garments, and the quality of the light is amazing- the city is being "baked" by the warm sun.

2. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

For some reason when I think of medieval times it makes me feel sad and depressed. I dont think this was a good time for me. I feel as if though something bad happened to me. I know I was a monk in one medival life (not all the medival lives) and I felt like a sinner if I didnt become a monk but felt angry and cheated that I couldnt do fun things (partying, women, etc) that I wanted to do due to my profession. I wanted all the pleasures of the flesh but wanted to go to heaven too. Does that make sense. So I was a monk but not happy with my station in life. I had other medival lives also, but I was unhappy due to poverty, illness, etc.

3. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Oddly, I remembered another medieval life. I lived in a place with hills and valleys, possibly in Scandinavia. I was promised to marry a kind and admirable young man, who I knew was my first husband in this life. He was a "man at arms." I was sitting at my window, looking out at a bright and sunny meadow. The most beautiful young man I'd ever seen appeared at my window. He had black hair, blue eyes and fair skin. He laughed, and I went outside to "play", the worthy fiance forgotten. He took me to his mountain "croft", where it turned out that he looked like an angel, but behaved like a devil. There's an old country song that says the devil has blue eyes, and blue jeans, and my demon lover may have been in medieval dress, but the song otherwise described him perfectly.

4. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

Thank you, Yellow Roses, for the additional information regarding Henry V. I had read of his administrative capability, and had he lived long enough to pull everything together it might have benefited those on both sides of the channel.

I think my experience (lived through meditation, regression and views into the akashic records) illustrates the human view of the unbridled waste of war; the lost lives and opportunities, the pain and anguish, and resultant fear of those surviving without their helpmates or families. The hopelessness I felt as I viewed the scene was almost overwhelming, and each chance (no chance?!) happening upon a reference of Agincourt brings it all back again.

My beliefs are that we plan, subject to free will, what our lives will hold and the events and actions we will experience while incarnate, thus each one of the casualties involved in Agincourt chose, in some manner, to be there, and they were not "victims" of an evil king and his obsessions. My human-feeling side apparently felt this experience extremely keenly and it seems to overpower my spirit-knowledge side!

5. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

A few months back I had a dream about a medieval life. I feel my name may have been James, and I was a valet to King Edward (I or II, still not sure, this was sometime between 1220 and 1300). It was autumn, the ground was wet and slippery with fallen leaves. We were camped outside a church with his men-at-arms, in Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire; some dissenting women had taken sanctuary inside the church. I remember feeling such pride in my work, serving the King, putting his cloak upon his shoulders. I feel that later on he abandoned me and one of his other valets, for whatever reason I am still not sure. It is a life that I still miss.

6. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

I'm not really clear on a medieval life, but really gravitate toward medieval music, middle English, i.e, Chaucer, and other aspects of life in Medieval Europe/British Isles.

7. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I was a nun in the 1300's Very clear memories of clothing, taking care of the sick, and times of war.

8. Spatz

Spatz Senior Registered

Oooh, I'm glad this thread was bumped. For most of my life I've been rather 'blocked' to connecting to anything that wasn't really recent, as in further back than the 1900s or so, but finally I'm coming a bit clearer on a medieval age life.

Really, no details yet and I haven't even had the time to look into it properly, but just having that connected feeling is kind of big for me. I know there are a lot of folks with medieval past lives around here and elsewhere, and there are a lot of folks who connect with it (Ren Faire, anyone?) but I'd only ever felt a bit of distaste with the era. Hopefully soon I'll figure out why, but since it's taken so long to even notice, I'm willing to have patience and I'm happy with what I've got :thumbsup:

9. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

My name was Miriam I came from nobility

I stated in my days of Avalon post.

As child I felt free in that life with forest so close.

That life I had the most compassion I can recall.

10. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

It's really hard for me to remember any lives before the 1800's for some reason. The most recent lives really just seem to consume so much of my energy, though processes, and time. I do believe I have lived many lives though as I feel connected to the past and times/places/people such as feudal Japan and Native Americans. I do believe I had a live in the Middle Ages and it would be so nice one day to find out what it was.

11. famgrin

famgrin New Member

I remember from Middle Ages 3 PL:

1. I was monk in medieval monastery and I dictated from memory sentences for two scribes. They wrote their to book.

2. In my workroom I produced substance. I tested miscellaneous procedures. I read from book and occasionally looked at me my wife. Eventually I managed to required substance. I remember at procedures only on red color of substance. I could be scientist or alchemist.

3. Third PL I will mention separately in future post.

12. Seaira

Seaira New Member

My name was Kira back then. I was a cold person, I was fiesty, and I was a warrior. My father taught me how to use a sword when I was smaller. We were a poor family with me, my father, my brother Kian, my little sister Venus, and my mother Lucy. Of course I grew up a warrior. I was mainly close to my brother Kian who was my twin, me being older by 7 minutes. I was the big sister and it seemed that he was the only thing I cared about. I protected him, I even killed one of his bullies for picking on him. Our little sister was sweet, she would bring us things she would find. I can't remember my mother, or my little sister much, but I wish I could.

I wish I knew so that I could say I was sorry. Anyways I had black hair with blue eyes. I guess in a way I was a provider but I was so cold back then that I wouldn't even batt an eyelash if I killed someone. But inside of course I wasn't the monster people thought I was, even if I thought I was a monster myself. Before everything got.. interesting.. I met a girl, who is of course my girlfriend in this life as well. We fought. Now let me explain something, Kian at the time was going on about monsters in the woods and I was getting fed up with his whining so I yelled at him to shut up when he heard a twig snap. It turned out to be her, we fough, sshe got me in the leg with an arrow but I kept going until finally I defeated her and carved my name into her skin to show that she was mine. (She has it written on her skin today but it's hard to notice.)

Anyways of course I was harsh to her at first, but something happened for her to gain my respect were not sure what it was yet. But we got to know each other, teased each other, laughed together. It was rare to see me like that. I'm not going to get into any details but we were in a tavern and I payed for a room for us to sleep in, she complained, I grabbed her wrist, she slapped me, and insulted me then of course I broke and called myself a freak and a monster then she apologized. Each time I hurt her she still begged for my forgiveness and I didn't believe that I deserved someone like her honestly.

Anyways about the monsters in the woods. Monster DO exist. Now Im not gonna tell you what monster because you won't believe me if I told you. But it was a demon. It killed my family all except for me and my brother because I stabbed it before it could get to me or my brother. Then we set out, away from our old bloodied home. We traveled and somehow I knew that I would end up being taken away.

We don't know how we died, but we died young. My girlfriend were still trying to figure out if she was there before the demon killed my family or after. And today I still believe that I am a monster and I don't know why. I hate the word freak but whenever I think of myself I can't help feeling like one.

I've had dreams of me and my brother hiding from something. Of a field of the dead. And of me hiding in fear in a house. And another of me running through he woods and falling down a hole as people laugh at me and say there coming for me.

My past lives weren't filled with much happiness, but of what happiness I did have, I'm surprised that I could even feel after all I've went through. Though it doesn't matter, my story is nothing. It's like all the rest.

All I can say is that I miss those times. When me and my brother, who now lives in England me in America, would spend time together. Or when my dad, who is female in this life and lives in Africa, taught me how to use a sword. I have a deep longing to find this demon and get revenge, but I can't do it. Because in the end I know that I'm the monster.

13. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

I like this topic. So many different lives I've read so far.

What I remember or feel:

I am not sure about in which order the lives came

A young girl (about 14, I guess) already married to a boy only a year older than me. England. Poor nobility. This boy I know in this life, and his mother too. I was placed in his household, and my mother-in-law loved me, but made me work very hard. I died young, and I suspect giving birth to a baby that was too big to leave my still inmature body. (I've seen flashes from this life, after meeting this former husband in this life). My character is a bit empty, I was just a child and took life as it came.

Toledo, before 1492, beause I sense no traumatic events. Daughter of a rabbi, or another respected jewish man. I have no flashes, but strong feelings. I love the ladino language, which feels very close to me (not jewish in this life). I've been several times in Toledo as a tourist, and it felt like coming home. It feels like I was highly intelligent in that life, and like my father I studied old texts and books. Perhaps in secret (for being a woman, or for the nature of these secret texts, or both). He was proud of me, and loved to share his knowledge and wisdom with me. Our secret life.

Bohemia (no date, but somewhere in the M.A.). Female and married to someone I know in this life. Not the same person as in memory 1. I remember travelling together, with a young child. At the end he got executed, and I was left behind. I've seen a lot of flashes from this life. My character was not intellectual, but passionate and action orientated. Age: about 20 or even younger.

Sometimes I just try to re-enter this life in meditation, but than I just get random flashes from the Middle Ages, without a story. That is fun too. Lots of 'pictures' of small details from that time period. Unfortunately I cannot save all those pictures into my memory, so I forget most of it, unless I can give words to them as soon as possible. Once I did (giving words), so I can remember I saw half a table, with things on it like 'plates' (bigger, thicker than ours), I saw a huge lady at her back. Her face was towards a fireplace, she was sitting, probably plucking a dead chicken, and when she noticed me she turned her head slowly towards me. Next flash was the pot that was hanging in the fireplace (indoors). It was a huge pot with a stew in it. Several flashes of this pot, it gave me the impression I was at an inn, and the big lady was the landlady. Also flashes from the outside of the building and the surroundings, but I only know I saw a lot like as in a slide-show, but I cannot recall the pictures.

14. Christina Conrad

Christina Conrad Active Member

It's not confirmed but I feel like I had a life during this time, but maybe a little later in the 1600s. I feel like I was wrongly accused of witchcraft and was beheaded. This is based on dreams I had as a child, but again, I have not been able to confirm yet

15. Ivey

Ivey New Member

Oh Wow,
    I was a Benedictine monk a St. Mary's church abbey at Coventry around 1035-1070. I was a calligrapher and illuminator, and part-time herbalist. We were a small community ~ 38 people 24 monks + staff. After the Earl died I took his name in memory and gratitude. I worked under a Prior named Ambrose (latin) I don't remember his English (Saxon) name. He was from Gaul. I was a local boy Mercian from around Couæntree (I hate the modern spelling). I still speak Eastseaxna moderately and Latin poorly. I continue to be a scribe in my spare time. I have other times also but that's for another post.

Þæs ofereode þisses swa mæg !

16. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Senior Member

Its not for sure definite but I have more than once dreamt of being a very small girl with long blonde hair around 12 or 13 amd living in a hut that looked sort of 1000's (viking era but not necessarily viking). Once I've been hiding a baby sister from this fighting in my village (she was my younger brother from real life at the same time, its hard to
    explain), another time im on a ship in a storm and genuinely felt the water and wind as if it was real and most times im ina hut with this massive much older guy (like conan the babarian type of guy) who reminds me of someone I know allthough they dont look similar and in the dream im trying to ...well you know 'keep him off me' (akward to talk about).

Once ive actually been the same girl but
    much older and actually happy living with the big guy from before.

Btw, I can read and write Viking Runic because I somehow memorised the alphabet off by heart when I saw it like 5
    years ago (maybe I just have good memory
    but its sort of too coincidental you know). I actually write my diary in vikimg runic so
    only I can read it :D

17. Ivey

Ivey New Member

The vikings and the saxons both used variants of the futhark for writing from ~450 - ~750 ad. there is even a poem in saxon about the meanings of the symbols (the rune poem).

18. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Senior Member

Oh thats interesting, I dint know what it was called so I just assumed viking runic, if it has an m shape for an e and an m with lines under the pointed bits for an actual m and r's and b's are basically the same but with straight lines then that is what inkniw how to write/read. Sorry I messed up the dates (google betrayed me).

19. Ivey

Ivey New Member

Miss Kelly likes this.
  20. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I have memories that start in the 960s. I was very devoted to God and the church back then but I was a king. They were very brutal times. I remember a lot of that life but it's mostly battles and religious stuff I remember. I do remember other stuff as well but it's my brother in that life Mathgamain that most affects me. He was my brother in battle as well as in blood ( although he thought I was insane when I first told him I refused to stop fighting, but my success brought us back together ). After he was murdered everything changed for me. I stepped into the breach, wielded the sword of vengeance so to speak and went further than my brother had gone. My ambition was to unite the land. I wanted to make changes and because of my successes I thought that God had chosen me to be the man to do it. It seems I've wandered through the ages completely unaware of my own ego. Any fule kno that.