• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

The medieval memories sharing circle

I remember from Middle Ages 3 PL:

1. I was monk in medieval monastery and I dictated from memory sentences for two scribes. They wrote their to book.

2. In my workroom I produced substance. I tested miscellaneous procedures. I read from book and occasionally looked at me my wife. Eventually I managed to required substance. I remember at procedures only on red color of substance. I could be scientist or alchemist.

3. Third PL I will mention separately in future post.

Hey there,

I wonder how many here remembers lives in the middle ages?
I have always been deeply attracted to that era and my childhood role plays would always take place in a medieval setting. I wasn't surprised to find out that I have lived several lives in those times.

I invite you all to share whatever memories you have of living in medieval times - everyday memories, flashes, feelings, anything really.

I'll start.

In the 1300's I was a monk. My name was Nikolas and I know that I travelled around a lot from monastery to monastery. What is curious to me is that I also had memories of being involved with a woman. I didn't really expect it since monks are known for their celibacy, but I had an affair with a young girl while being at a monastery, I think in Poland.

One of my first memories of this life was a church ceremony where I spotted her among the church goers. I think the damage had already been done at this point and afterwards she found me and begged me for help, she was pregnant. I was a coward though and pretended not know her (out of the corner of my eye one of my fellow monks was watching the scene and being very suspicious of me I didn't want to reveal anything to him), but I felt very bad leaving her in the courtyard, crying desperately. I felt it was the best solution for both of us at that momet. I don't know what happened to her after that, but Nikolas went on to live a long life. He died of old age, alone in his bed in some monastery while sleeping.

I have more memories that I'll share later on.

So, who's next? :D

It's nice to see so many people sharing medieval memories :thumbsup:

Hi Elsie - and welcome to the forum :) This is a safe place to share, no one will ridicule your memories. To us here, past lives are a fact of human life, there's nothing mysterious about it (in that sense anyway). But of course, only share when or if you feel ready for it. There's absolutely no pressure :)

@Eowyn: some years ago I also started having some very diffuse flashes and memories of maurian Spain. I feel a strong pull towards that area, the architecture, the time. I haven't got anything specific though and I can't remember them anymore. Unfortunately I lost my past life journal when my computer died a few years ago and I haven't been able to revisit those memories. I think they were triggered by a group of people, who were around this forum some years ago, but I've lost contact with them - and thus the memories.

My name was Kira back then. I was a cold person, I was fiesty, and I was a warrior. My father taught me how to use a sword when I was smaller. We were a poor family with me, my father, my brother Kian, my little sister Venus, and my mother Lucy. Of course I grew up a warrior. I was mainly close to my brother Kian who was my twin, me being older by 7 minutes. I was the big sister and it seemed that he was the only thing I cared about. I protected him, I even killed one of his bullies for picking on him. Our little sister was sweet, she would bring us things she would find. I can't remember my mother, or my little sister much, but I wish I could.

I wish I knew so that I could say I was sorry. Anyways I had black hair with blue eyes. I guess in a way I was a provider but I was so cold back then that I wouldn't even batt an eyelash if I killed someone. But inside of course I wasn't the monster people thought I was, even if I thought I was a monster myself. Before everything got.. interesting.. I met a girl, who is of course my girlfriend in this life as well. We fought. Now let me explain something, Kian at the time was going on about monsters in the woods and I was getting fed up with his whining so I yelled at him to shut up when he heard a twig snap. It turned out to be her, we fough, sshe got me in the leg with an arrow but I kept going until finally I defeated her and carved my name into her skin to show that she was mine. (She has it written on her skin today but it's hard to notice.)

Anyways of course I was harsh to her at first, but something happened for her to gain my respect were not sure what it was yet. But we got to know each other, teased each other, laughed together. It was rare to see me like that. I'm not going to get into any details but we were in a tavern and I payed for a room for us to sleep in, she complained, I grabbed her wrist, she slapped me, and insulted me then of course I broke and called myself a freak and a monster then she apologized. Each time I hurt her she still begged for my forgiveness and I didn't believe that I deserved someone like her honestly.

Anyways about the monsters in the woods. Monster DO exist. Now Im not gonna tell you what monster because you won't believe me if I told you. But it was a demon. It killed my family all except for me and my brother because I stabbed it before it could get to me or my brother. Then we set out, away from our old bloodied home. We traveled and somehow I knew that I would end up being taken away.

We don't know how we died, but we died young. My girlfriend were still trying to figure out if she was there before the demon killed my family or after. And today I still believe that I am a monster and I don't know why. I hate the word freak but whenever I think of myself I can't help feeling like one.

I've had dreams of me and my brother hiding from something. Of a field of the dead. And of me hiding in fear in a house. And another of me running through he woods and falling down a hole as people laugh at me and say there coming for me.

My past lives weren't filled with much happiness, but of what happiness I did have, I'm surprised that I could even feel after all I've went through. Though it doesn't matter, my story is nothing. It's like all the rest.

All I can say is that I miss those times. When me and my brother, who now lives in England me in America, would spend time together. Or when my dad, who is female in this life and lives in Africa, taught me how to use a sword. I have a deep longing to find this demon and get revenge, but I can't do it. Because in the end I know that I'm the monster.

I like this topic. So many different lives I've read so far.

What I remember or feel:

I am not sure about in which order the lives came

A young girl (about 14, I guess) already married to a boy only a year older than me. England. Poor nobility. This boy I know in this life, and his mother too. I was placed in his household, and my mother-in-law loved me, but made me work very hard. I died young, and I suspect giving birth to a baby that was too big to leave my still inmature body. (I've seen flashes from this life, after meeting this former husband in this life). My character is a bit empty, I was just a child and took life as it came.

Toledo, before 1492, beause I sense no traumatic events. Daughter of a rabbi, or another respected jewish man. I have no flashes, but strong feelings. I love the ladino language, which feels very close to me (not jewish in this life). I've been several times in Toledo as a tourist, and it felt like coming home. It feels like I was highly intelligent in that life, and like my father I studied old texts and books. Perhaps in secret (for being a woman, or for the nature of these secret texts, or both). He was proud of me, and loved to share his knowledge and wisdom with me. Our secret life.

Bohemia (no date, but somewhere in the M.A.). Female and married to someone I know in this life. Not the same person as in memory 1. I remember travelling together, with a young child. At the end he got executed, and I was left behind. I've seen a lot of flashes from this life. My character was not intellectual, but passionate and action orientated. Age: about 20 or even younger.

Sometimes I just try to re-enter this life in meditation, but than I just get random flashes from the Middle Ages, without a story. That is fun too. Lots of 'pictures' of small details from that time period. Unfortunately I cannot save all those pictures into my memory, so I forget most of it, unless I can give words to them as soon as possible. Once I did (giving words), so I can remember I saw half a table, with things on it like 'plates' (bigger, thicker than ours), I saw a huge lady at her back. Her face was towards a fireplace, she was sitting, probably plucking a dead chicken, and when she noticed me she turned her head slowly towards me. Next flash was the pot that was hanging in the fireplace (indoors). It was a huge pot with a stew in it. Several flashes of this pot, it gave me the impression I was at an inn, and the big lady was the landlady. Also flashes from the outside of the building and the surroundings, but I only know I saw a lot like as in a slide-show, but I cannot recall the pictures.

It's not confirmed but I feel like I had a life during this time, but maybe a little later in the 1600s. I feel like I was wrongly accused of witchcraft and was beheaded. This is based on dreams I had as a child, but again, I have not been able to confirm yet

Oh Wow,
I was a Benedictine monk a St. Mary's church abbey at Coventry around 1035-1070. I was a calligrapher and illuminator, and part-time herbalist. We were a small community ~ 38 people 24 monks + staff. After the Earl died I took his name in memory and gratitude. I worked under a Prior named Ambrose (latin) I don't remember his English (Saxon) name. He was from Gaul. I was a local boy Mercian from around Couæntree (I hate the modern spelling). I still speak Eastseaxna moderately and Latin poorly. I continue to be a scribe in my spare time. I have other times also but that's for another post.

Þæs ofereode þisses swa mæg !

Its not for sure definite but I have more than once dreamt of being a very small girl with long blonde hair around 12 or 13 amd living in a hut that looked sort of 1000's (viking era but not necessarily viking). Once I've been hiding a baby sister from this fighting in my village (she was my younger brother from real life at the same time, its hard to
explain), another time im on a ship in a storm and genuinely felt the water and wind as if it was real and most times im ina hut with this massive much older guy (like conan the babarian type of guy) who reminds me of someone I know allthough they dont look similar and in the dream im trying to ...well you know 'keep him off me' (akward to talk about).

Once ive actually been the same girl but
much older and actually happy living with the big guy from before.

Btw, I can read and write Viking Runic because I somehow memorised the alphabet off by heart when I saw it like 5
years ago (maybe I just have good memory
but its sort of too coincidental you know). I actually write my diary in vikimg runic so
only I can read it :D

The vikings and the saxons both used variants of the futhark for writing from ~450 - ~750 ad. there is even a poem in saxon about the meanings of the symbols (the rune poem).

Oh thats interesting, I dint know what it was called so I just assumed viking runic, if it has an m shape for an e and an m with lines under the pointed bits for an actual m and r's and b's are basically the same but with straight lines then that is what inkniw how to write/read. Sorry I messed up the dates (google betrayed me).

I have memories that start in the 960s. I was very devoted to God and the church back then but I was a king. They were very brutal times. I remember a lot of that life but it's mostly battles and religious stuff I remember. I do remember other stuff as well but it's my brother in that life Mathgamain that most affects me. He was my brother in battle as well as in blood ( although he thought I was insane when I first told him I refused to stop fighting, but my success brought us back together ). After he was murdered everything changed for me. I stepped into the breach, wielded the sword of vengeance so to speak and went further than my brother had gone. My ambition was to unite the land. I wanted to make changes and because of my successes I thought that God had chosen me to be the man to do it. It seems I've wandered through the ages completely unaware of my own ego. Any fule kno that.

I remember a few lives in middle age. I note there are a few monks here, and I was one too. I was a benedictine copyist in Italy in 11th century. My abbey was ravaged by an attack of normans, and I lost my faith in God.
It's interesting to see that earlier I had another life as a viking, and I was part of raids on cities and abbeys. Good example of karma, no ?
I had another life as an esquire of a knight in actual Belgium. And one as a thief punished by pillory.
These are the lives in Europe. But in middle age I had also two lives in India: one as a yogi hermit, and one as a female dancer in a temple ( a devadasi).

It's difficult to talk about a life in two words, it's reducing. There's so more to tell about each of them...

I’m taking this chance to leave this here for anyone who might possibly come across it in the future and see it. Anyone from the late 14th century, possibly from the royal court? I know I was Alice Perrers, lady in waiting to Queen Philippa of Hainault, and mistress of King Edward III of England. I have already found one person from this time and place, but I’m taking the opportunity to reach out and see if anyone else finds any of this familiar.

I recently did a past life regression using a youtube video by Brian Weiss. As I went back, I experienced being in a very constricting set of armor, and I think it was probably in the early 15th century and I would think also in France, but as I was in this suit of armor, suddenly I was amidst a group of dancing women who were gaily dressed and it was a wonderful time, but this was a very very fleeting memory and I don't know yet quite what to make of it, but it was quite a vivid memory and I think it was probably true. It was a very happy experience and I am interested in looking into it further, perhaps even doing another past life regression. The youtube regression with Brian Weiss was only a 30 minute session so I think I may need to do a longer regression with a CD which I got recently. I am quite new to past life regression so any help anyone can give me would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
I only have Medieval and before memories for some odd reason.

A few small memories from 1100's Japan. Mostly sitting quietly, riding horses, walking down streets. Contemplating my own impending demise. The little stuff.

Then there was 1200's in England. I have this really vivid memory. I was with a group of people where I was either in charge or high up on the chain of command. We weren't decked out for war, yet suddenly we found ourselves surrounded by soldiers and were forced to surrender. I was being manacled by someone I knew quite well and felt extremely betrayed they would do this to me (even if I did or did not deserve it). Then there was a sequence of brief glances at being imprisoned.

You'd think I wouldn't like the Middle Ages, given the negative experiences. I still love them, always have.

As someone who had several lives in medieval Europe, I am interested in meeting others who experienced that time. My lives rather ran the gamut. Once as a rich fella who died of plague, once in a flash as an older woman who was working with herbs or plants in an outdoor shed, and once as a royal person. The lives I have an overall good feeling about are the rich man, who was a very good natured, spoiled, hedonistic, but basically kind hearted sort, and the woman who worked with plants. I had the flash of being her when I was about 18 and it was a very good feeling. She was content. The poor royal was----well, I don't think she was very happy when she died. I've been looking into her history and I can see why and exactly what I carried over into my distinctly UN-royal modern life from her. To my eternal regret, it wasn't the jewels. I would love to speak to others from this time. Horrible as it could be---and you don't get much more horrible than the Black Death---I still have a feeling of comfort and pleasure in certain things of the times. To this day a holiday isn't a real holiday unless it is celebrated a la the 1400s.

Hey, it's YouAgain!

Hi, I am certainly interested in Medieval Europe but it's so complicated. I do have lives in Europe in that past but I cannot make a timeline for myself. I tend to call all those memories 'medieval' but that doesn't mean I'm correct with that.
It's so difficult to pinpoint any date, especially when there seem to be several past lives in the same area.

Peasant life doesn't follow the latest fashions of the upper class. They keep on doing the same things for centuries.

Another problem is: it seems that I had a lot of lives in which I died young. As a child or as a young adult. The oldest age I can remember by now must have been somewhere in my thirties. When I am reliving a past life, I see it through my old eyes (immature and not educated) so I am absolutely clueless about political, socio-economical or historical circumstances.

Horrible as it could be---and you don't get much more horrible than the Black Death---I still have a feeling of comfort and pleasure in certain things of the times. To this day a holiday isn't a real holiday unless it is celebrated a la the 1400s.

There is something rather homey about medieval life. Maybe it was the over all simplicity and the satisfaction of having to do everything yourself.

My experience with the medieval Europe was really only one lifetime that ended rather badly with me being burned alive. Personally, I wouldn't go back and do it again, but it's something worth remembering.

I had memories of a life in 1400s Wales. I was able to describe the geography of the landscape, and a chronology of events that I later learned really had happened. My husband died in a tragic way, which, I believe, is why I remembered those years. I never made peace with it, nor with him. Sometimes I wonder if I should visit the place, but I sense it would be like a graveyard without the people I knew and loved.

I did a brief regression a few months ago and came up with a past life as a medieval music copyist. I visualized my hand in the act of writing seated next to a master copyist. It might have been two past lives, as in one flash I saw a page of ancient music writing called neumes, but in another flash I saw a more modern style of script. It was just a flash, no other details. As a musician and composer I am not surprised that I had at least one past life in music, but I've also had a strong flash about being an American composer named Arthur Foote, (19th-early 20th c.) whose music my own in this life strongly reflects. Also his life is very reminiscent of mine. I just have a very strong feeling he was a past life of mine. I've never had such a strong feeling. when I look at his sheet music or listen to it on CE, I have the reaction, "That's mine."

Last edited:
Back