The nexus between mind and matter

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I am curious what others think about the emotions we carry from one life to the other. How emotion plays a role in our "reincarnation" and whats happening in the world today: I wrote the following in my book "Beneath The Surface" (Book link under my signature.).

Candace B. Pert, Ph.D. is a Research Professor in the Department of Physiology and Biophysics at Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington D.C. Her research regarding neuropeptides, which are chemical substances made and released by brain cells, and other cells suggests that in the body network, these information receptors serve as a form of communication for the entire body. In her book Molecules of Emotions she speaks in depth about her research, her journey and scientific methods, as well as her conclusions:

We can no longer think of emotions as having less validity than physical, material substance, but instead must see them as cellular signals that are involved in the process of translating information into physical reality, literally transforming mind into matter. Emotions are at the nexus between matter and mind, going back and forth between the two and influencing both.” Molecules of Emotion. pg. 187.

With all the racism, violence and hatred happening today -my last life seems to be resurfacing. WWI & WWII . The sadness. static1.squarespace.png
    Me in Italy 2006. After Chapter 6 in my book I was "done," but it never felt done. With todays events earlier life times are coming up more. I have recorded them a long time ago and already know of them but they are not in my book. Just sprinkled throughout this forum. I feel Biblical times resurfacing, Ancient Egypt 3500BC, The British take over of India, the Plague in England 1300's. Is Conflict and Chaos our focus? Division, prosecution, revenge and war -------Mankind's history is SAD! How do you each create a book filled with positive emotions? We all have negative emotions, but in our modern world they are magnified!

MMMM Just had to say something meaningful for a change. They are my personal observations, struggles, and I am curious about your observations as they relate to your PL.

KenJ, Dana, Tinkerman and 2 others like this.
  2. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Deborah,

Maybe this is our 'thing' in this era. Our modern economies thrive on emotions. Emotions are big business. I guess I don't have to explain this to someone like you but just in case there are readers who don't understand immediately: everything nowadays is based on emotions:
    marriage (it used to be an institution for survival and politics but nowadays you're supposed to share all your emotions, thoughts, daily tasks and so on, in order to call this union real and successful).
    Movies (we had no movie industry in the past, movies are about emotions and patterns how to deal with them. We're bombarded now by movies.)
    Fashion (fashion used to be a tool to make a distinction between fixed social positions in society and you couldn't change your positions/fashion. Nowadays it's a tool to make money and emotions are the tool to the tool to make money)
    Cosmetic industry (no need for explanation)
    Politics (politics used to be the work of a small hand of people (and still is) but somehow this new thing called democracy orders a public reinforcement and the way it's usually done is by exploiting public emotions)
    Internet (whoooo, social media is all about emotions... )
    and so on, and so on...

Not only the bad ones but every emotion also gets magnified in our times because they fuel the economies. How do we survive? Maybe on a level of collective consciousness, it's our collective challenge to find a way to deal with emotions on great scales. This is a neutral observation because collectively we can go all kinds of directions based on emotions.

On a personal level, I agree that emotions are information carriers. Whenever I doubt my past life memories, it's the emotions that convince me that there must be some truth there. And yes, the negative emotions are the strongest that I experience: fear, anger, disgust, grief. When I relive past life memories, I can feel those emotions in my current body again.

With respect to past lives, I don't want to remember or regress too much. My innate curiosity sometimes violates my own set of rules... :p I am just a curious old girl with human habits.

With respect to the modern world with its overabundant stimuli, I just gave myself self-imposed limits and live a simple life. Maybe I created my own Bubble and I don't care if I did so. Nothing enters my 'bubble' without being invited or chosen: news, movies, people. I enjoy the silence very much.

tanker likes this.
  3. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Fireflydancing, I agree with all you say there. I jumped off that bandwagon a long time ago. I too live a simple life and enjoy its silence. It's not my world any more, and I don't honestly think it's preferable in most ways. It's a relief not to have to keep up with the times, and my bubble is so far intact.

Deborah, I use my emotions from the PL as a refuge from the present. That world is the only one I understand, and one I believe was less disingenuous. I can't keep up with all today's pretence. How many people are living a fantasy life in the present, spurred on by reality TV and so-called 'celebrities'? I can't feel like a part of it, and so, like a coward, I retreat to the Past and console myself with a life I used to know, for all its hardships. A world where you knew where you stood. Where your code of honour was something you stuck to, through thick and thin, at cost to yourself if necessary. Of course, each of us can only speak from our own experience and the place we happen to be in, and it's impossible to generalise. But I guess it's our emotions from our Past which form who we are today.

fireflydancing likes this.
  4. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Probably a controversial viewpoint here, but if I could go back and live in my past life and change the outcome I would in a heartbeat.

I’ve had the feeling of not belonging in this life since I can remember, that feeling of being an expatriate has followed me around and only grew stronger since my teenage years.

Guess we all have bad days and am just sick and tired of it all at times. The past wasn’t perfect, but it was my life. My body and my life. At times I don’t know whose life I’m living anymore. It doesn’t feel like mine, and am having to fight and stand my ground to make it mine.

tanker, KenJ and fireflydancing like this.
  5. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Firefly - collective consciousness AH HA! You bring up an excellent point. I like your bubble too, not a bad idea. I'll come back to this, I wasn't finished with my original thought. But in the mean time others are very welcome.

fireflydancing likes this.