The Prophetic Imagery of Anthony Quinn . . . .

Discussion in 'Books about Parapsychology' started by autumnleavesnnovember, May 23, 2017.

1. autumnleavesnnovember

autumnleavesnnovember Active Member

This below book looks to be an interesting read. The author proposes Anthony Quinn painted a picture that depicted the events of September 11, 2001 long before they happened. According to the book's description at Amazon: "Quinn tells us in his own words of his dreams and life circumstances that produced the unique ingredients for precognitive thought and set the stage for a painting of historic proportions."

https://www.amazon.com/Prophetic-Im...=1495597783&sr=8-4&keywords=anthony+quinn+art

P.S. The book is coming out June 1st, and is available now for request for anyone who gets ARCs to review from NetGalley.

P.P.S. Deb, or anyone else, what do you think about "precognitive art"? I've never even heard the phrase before tonight.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  2. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

People can certainly have future flashes. I've had a few. I had not heard this before about Anthony Quinn, but it doesn't surprise me.

3. autumnleavesnnovember

I've heard of precognitive novels; such as The Wreck Of The Titan by Morgan Robertson, which seems to have predicted the sinking of the Titanic; but I've never heard of precognitive art.

4. autumnleavesnnovember

Here's a really good short video on the topic from a Las Vegas TV station--http://www.fox5vegas.com/clip/13341282/paintings-predict-911-the-pope-other-events

Apparently, the author, Glenn Harte, lives in that city. He shows the 9/11 painting, as well as one Anthony Quinn painted of his youngest son, long, long before the boy was born. He also talks about how Mr. Quinn discussed dreams and apparitions and such in his own memoirs. I'll have to read them now.

5. autumnleavesnnovember

I just opened up a copy of the book with Adobe Digital Editions and made the 9/11 painting fit the width of the page, which greatly enlarged it. I don't see the Twin Towers, in the painting, much less an airplane hitting said towers. o_O If you watch the video, though, and the photograph the author is holding up to the painting, you can certainly imagine that's what you are seeing.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  6. KenJ

KenJ Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

I also thought it was a bit of a stretch.

7. autumnleavesnnovember

I guess if one is open-minded, one can see all that Mr. Harte proposes one should see in the painting. But he obviously really, really wants to believe the painting is a precognitive one, and one of the most important paintings ever created. (By the way, he owns the original.) I think he missed something important, though, which I mentioned in my review at Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2010382615?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1

8. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

HI - I can't find any images to comment on. The book has no cover?????
    Precognitive Art - [​IMG] - Let's just say I agree with Carl Jung.

9. autumnleavesnnovember

Deborah, you could watch the above mentioned video and pause it, or go to http://hartegalleries.com/anthony-quinn/

Glenn Harte really seems to be hyping the painting, which makes me wonder if he wants to sell it. As I stated in my review, though, he missed, or possibly ignored, the fact the painting has the same name as a book by L. K. Samuels published in 1985; and it's possibly Mr. Samuels in the painting, not some dark, threatening soul, as Mr. Harte described. His theory seems to be that Anthony Quinn had no idea who he was painting, he was just driven to paint this mysterious man by some unknown force. Really? I doubt an unknown person would have been given such a prominent place in the painting, especially since the person doesn't look like a symbol of something. But it's all interesting, especially since I never thought of there being prophetic paintings. Carl Jung's comment is noteworthy, too.

10. autumnleavesnnovember

Interesting additional bit of info here--the last edition of L. K. Samuels' book was published this year by a self-publishing company called Book Baby, which is the same self-publishing company Glenn Harte is using to publish his book.