The Root Chakra

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Eevee, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Eevee

Eevee Administrator/Archivist Staff Member Super Moderator

In his book The Heart of the Soul, Gary Zukav explains something that seemed really interesting to me. The Chakra’s are our energy centres. It is through these centres that our energy flows, and from these centres we emanate energy. When an energy centre is ‘blocked’, or – as Zukav states – the energy leaves this centre in fear and doubt, we feel uncomfortable in one way or another.

The root Chakra

Since people that come here, often post that they feel they don’t belong in this time and place, I thought this information might be useful.

Personally I find the comparison of a person with a tree very beautiful. Rooted in the Earth but reaching out his arms to Heaven….:);)

Eevee

2. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Thanks Eevee for that post

I like the comparison with the tree too -

as a colour therapist I deal a lot with the chakras and the root chakra is one which is often over looked - a lot of people focus on the solar plexus or on the crown chakra without taking the vital and just as important root chakra into consideration.

3. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

I studied the chakras a little bit in the past and had an evaluation done on myself - granted, i doubt it was done by a professional. :rolleyes: However, it did state that my root chakra was the weakest of mine by far. This is also the area of my body that I have had physical problems with for all of my adult life. However, I never got any direction on how I could "improve" this chakra and what was posted above might help me out. :)

4. wrinkle

wrinkle New Member

Eevee, thank you for this thread. I found this technique to improve the root chakra: http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/openroot.php I did the chakra openness test on the same site and my root chakra is by far the worst. I don't know how good the test is since I never did this before, but it sure feels correct. What you wrote in the first post is how I feel about being on Earth. : angel I felt like that for a very long time. I just figured that out the other day and I realized that I need to start appreciating material/physical more.: angel