The Scientific Method and Theories about Reincarnation

Discussion in 'SCIENTIFIC and ANECDOTAL research' started by fiziwig, Dec 2, 2002.

1. hedpe9999

hedpe9999 New Member

I don't think there is a problem with true skepticism. True skepticism is a very healthy approach to just about anything. I think the problem is with dogmatism. Most so called skeptics are just dogmatists who engage in a knee jerk dismissal of evidence that contradicts their views of reality.

Anyway, why does it matter if anyone believes you? If you know it is true, then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

2. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I agree about dogmatism, which only results in closed minds. I don't care if anyone believes my personal truths, but I do feel the world might be a better place if everyone accepted Reincarnation. So to that end, I do think it matters what others think. The specifics are less important that the acceptance of the fact.

John

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Forgot to play nice

I feel that it would be a better place, but only because it would mean that those of us who do remember the lives we lived before, wouldn't have to deal with the code of silence regarding reincarnation.

Sometimes the baggage of our past lives is responsible for problems in our current lives, and without that understanding, those problems become untreatable. All that can be done is mask the symptoms. (kind of like a cold, you can't cure it, but you can drug yourself with Nyquil so you can sleep)

I don't care if anyone believes me or not, as long as they don't try to change my beliefs to align with theirs.

Phoenix

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I miss Fiziwig. Great critical thinker, always brought up good subjects. His posts are worth the read. ;)

5. The Traveler

The Traveler Senior Registered

Honestly, i was coming here at the end of the last years cause i was searching scientific proof and analysis of phenomena of reincarnation, for the fact that i have a rare genetical syndrome and i have some confuse, very confuse pre birth memories, but they are not at all vivid memories of PL lives of places, names, etc into clear states.
    i read tons of new age stuff and few scientifical analysis of phenomenom.
    and again i not found answers about my self.
    but i not want to do any kind of regressive hypnosis, i guess they can be dangerous.
    what is the benefit to remember a PL with dark and horrible experiences like violences, murders, pains etc?
    that's what i fear.
    i guess Reincarnation exist, but not into the classical way of Hindu believes.
    i think every religion see only one part of the complete verity of the universe.
    but any stuff have is good thinks to teach. :)

Cyrus likes this.
  6. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Registered

I remember having been warned by a guy from France - a member of this forum - he warned me against doing a regression, saying it might open kind of a Pandora box - and now, that I've done it, I recognize that he was right. I had no violence (except being killed in a war), no pains, no murders - nothing like that, only a life truncated at the age of 25, when I had everything ahead of me. I haven't even left any family (wife, children) behind, but still I yearn for that PL of mine, and my heart seems to break every time I recall it.

Better not peep there, violence or not. Curiosity killed the cat, as the saying goes...

Leave regression alone, man. You'll know all the answers when the time comes...

7. The Traveler

i guess that the life events that triggers "deja vu" can give a strong hint about that. is the way i discovered my past on byzantine age.
    it's the way you started to understand that when you was on taranto, too, right?

i am not scarry of the pandora demons related to the evil that others pulls on my ol myself of other past life. i am more scarry of the evil things that i could did on my PL. what's the benefit to discover that maybe into some life i was an evil person? is for that that i not want to do PL regressions.

8. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hypnosis stems from a Greek word meaning to go to sleep, or to loose consciousness. Indeed the term alone carries with it a stigma of control and manipulation.

A regression includes inductions, and simple suggestions, leading a person to find understanding in an altered state through the subconscious mind.

Selective awareness is an altered state of mind that is natural and happens for everyone. The mind is alert and concentrated on a particular focus. This can be a focus in physical waking life, like jogging, or washing dishes. Or a deeper focus in meditation which includes the surfacing of inner thoughts, feelings and emotions regarding events in the past, even in past lives.

You might also want to look into Charles Richardson's book, Soul Journeys.

Cyrus likes this.
  9. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Registered

Hi, Everybody:

As it turns out, regression may be dangerous for some persons with certain health problems.

In such cases, that person might prefer using an analysis of his/her déjà-vus instead, only not to aggravate his/her delicate physical state.

Such a decision is based exclusively on that person's concrete experience and pragmatism.

There is no prejudice against any of the above techniques, just caution.

Primum non nocere - first [of all] not to harm.

Best regards.

IMHO.

The Traveler likes this.
  10. The Traveler

i guess it need person that guide the regression with highty competence and professionality.use a youtube video for do regression is a not idea, i guess.
    i have not any kind of that persons into my contact or friends. it require a master of meditaion or a psycho hypno terapist,
    but also, honestly i am not interested into regression at all. i not want that some other watch inside my mind or force me to recover things into a "remove control" way. my mind is my best richness and i not want anyone see or manipulate it.
    possible that should not be another way to understand past lifes? .-.
    i have some prebirth memory but i can't focus. is all very confuse, like a dream.