The Secret of 2012

Discussion in 'Video Discussion Area' started by Deborah, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

A great short video by Gregg Braden on the power of our hearts to embrace the changes of the earth. I hope you enjoy it!

Gregg Braden

2. Deborah

A good thread about the heart center can be found here. It also talks about how to use the heart center as a doorway into past lives. Enjoy!

:coffee:

3. Deborah

Has anyone had a chance to see this video? His presentation of the year 2012 is interesting. It isn't a gloom and doom end of the world premise. In fact - just the opposite.

4. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Deborah, now I have not seen this video yet but it sounds like it is similar to a CD from a local here where I live which is on 2012 also with a focus on Centering in your Heart. Personally do believe that it is so extremely important to be centered in our hearts.

5. stardis

stardis Senior Registered

Yes, I have seen this and it is interesting. I think the really big deal will be that interest in 12/21/12 or 21/12/12, however you write it, will be a focus for many people who harbor a desperate hope that mankind will become united in love. Perhaps enough people will project Love for the Earth and for each other that some kind of change for the good will happen.

I am not sure about the science that Greg is referring to, but I do believe that there is truth in what he is saying about the power of the heart and our ability to effect change in the Earth for good. I plan on thinking good thoughts and praying more than usual on that day. In fact, I think I will pray for the Earth on the summer solstice also - I haven't done that in a long time.

The unity.fm online radio, who presented the interview, is a part of the Unity Church. We sometimes stop by The Unity Village during the summer and wander around in the rose garden which has a sense of peace and solitude about it.

6. Deborah

The Hundredth Monkey Phenomenon, shows that when enough of us are aware of something, all of us become aware of it.

This concept shows that the appreciation and love we have for ourselves and others creates an expanding energy field that becomes a growing power in the world.

A lot of work was done by Ken Keyes, Jr. who first published his book about the dangers of nuclear power and weapons in 1981; The "Hundredth Monkey Phenomenon" refers to a study conducted in 1952 in Koshima, Japan: One monkey learned to wash its food, and then taught other monkeys in its troop this new skill. Still more monkeys in the troop learned to wash their food until one day one last monkey, arbitrarily labeled the "hundredth" monkey, learned the skill... at which time, the entire troop suddenly learned how to wash their food, and monkeys from across the sea learned as well.

The point of this story is to illustrate that when enough members of a group are aware, their society can be changed.