Things that trigger memories

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by DoingThingsWithAbby, May 23, 2018.

1. DoingThingsWithAbby

DoingThingsWithAbby Active Member

Does anyone else have a list of things they can't do/Watch/read about because it'll trigger a past life memory?

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I don't like to wear necklaces that are tight - like a choker. Anything tight around the neck area.

3. DoingThingsWithAbby

I can't watch The Hanmaid's tale, The Empress of China series, Russian news, or anything having to do with abortians...

4. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

sounds, smells, certain music, a date..... ok i can on occaision be easily triggered :cool:

5. DoingThingsWithAbby

OOOOOHHHH same. The song Katyusha brings back memories. So many memories.

6. TruroNE

TruroNE Senior Registered

It seems to be quite a few things for me. I have a 'hobby' collecting books, I guess I could say. I have to get certain years, (anything before 1980) I group them as well by what seems to be a past life 'like' of mine. I've always liked books, I'd always get large picture-less books when I was little and "read" them. (I'd make up stories and read them to my 'children' which were a bunch of stuffed animals.. i was 3 or 4.) Even in school, I always chose books I knew I couldn't read quite yet. I carried around a W.H. Auden book for the whole of 3rd grade. So I'd say I have a connection to books, which trigger some kind of something.

Music can be a hit or miss. I'm all over the board when I listen to music. One minute I'll be listening to Kraftwerk, the next Pavarotti, the next 60s Jazz. There can be a certain song that really hits me. Sweet Thing by Van Morrison is one I can't listen to unless I'm prepared.

It seems to be anything anymore that can trigger a past life memory or even feeling.

DoingThingsWithAbby likes this.
  7. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

The list is widening for me. It used to be anything involving Medieval warfare. This is tricky to deal with as this has always been an obvious interest of mine. Friends and family members will try to bond with me through movies or TV shows like these, but I cannot explain to them that this now causes me problems. Now, it seems like it can be anything. For example, the other day I saw a picture of the interior of an old church and suddenly recalled being in a similar building.